John Deere Employee Reviews in United States

Nice office and busy work pace
International Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 24, 2016
I had a fast pace environment which I enjoyed as my tasks kept me busy 8 hours or more a day. I had excellent training through a work colleague and appreciated her help when needed. The relationship with the management was very friendly and the lessons learned were tremendous. The hardest part of the job was dealing with co-workers and the best was being busy and seeing immediately the results of my good work and performance.
Pros
Good pay and busy schedule
Cons
No job security
Pay Was Great, So Job Was Great
Line Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GAMarch 22, 2016
It was basic Assembly, and a nice opportunity to try something new learn some new things, and get paid all the while. Also That's more than 20 words.
High energy workplace!
International Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILMarch 21, 2016
John Deere is a fast-paced, high-energy workplace where you will learn a lot. At the heart, this is an engineering company with very good pay and benefits. There are many opportunities for growth and relocation. Management does a good job of pulling levers when it needs to, therefore, the company continues to flourish even after 175 years since it was founded.
Fun Productive Workplace
Unit Administrator Technician (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GAMarch 13, 2016
I learned a lot from working here. It reminded me of when I was on active duty with the different variety of personnel. I loved working here but was working through a temp agency and was a little upset when they lost their contract.
Fast pace
John Deere (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2016
I learned to stock in and mail out parks to dealers. The hardest part of the job was getting a late trip and having to finish within the next hour
Awesome place to work
Software Developer - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 24, 2016
Job was great. Management is well established with thorough planning of project tasks. Work life balance is great. Campus is good with reasonably nice environment. Is a good place to settle down unless you are willing to live in a city.
Productive place
Melt Engineer (Current Employee) –  IowaFebruary 23, 2016
I start out my day at 6:00am every morning. I give the safety huddle ups for all my employees. Then we go to work. Every day I learn something new in my molding department the casting center of excellence makes all the proto types for John Deere so my hands are on every piece that comes out new. Management spends very little time on the shop floor they just rely on the supervisors to get the work done. I work with several different departments and every person here is here because they want to be here. The hardest part of my job is that I am so busy that some days I just need to catch my breath. The most enjoyable part of my day is the interaction I have with my employees. Over the years I have learned that the employees are the most important thing in any business after all if not for them their would be no business. I end my day every day between 10 and 12 hours most weeks I work 7 days
Pros
The benifits are good and the pay is good.
Cons
Constant Management changing
Productive fast paced
Assembly (Former Employee) –  East Moline, ILFebruary 18, 2016
I loved going to work. I take pride in my work, I like seeing the finish product rolling down the highway and working in the fields to farm the food for the world
Pros
like working for deere
Cons
management
Great work place
Forklift Operator / Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GAFebruary 17, 2016
It is a great crew and work place. It is very fast pasted. Co-workers are very friendly. It is hard work. John Deere is organized. Good team work.
good co-workers good supervisor
Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIFebruary 11, 2016
Great to test all upcoming products. Made for a new adventure!

Not real happy that to keep my job I would have to work nights. Not good for my home life. Co-workers that had been there for years not always giving the job their best.
Pros
Lunches for working safe. And for awards.
Cons
not all workers pulling their weight-

Want to know more about John Deere?

Ask a question
Great Management and Order
Manufacturing Engineering, Internship (Former Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAFebruary 3, 2016
I am impressed with my experience at John Deere. Great Management, and continual growth opportunities as an intern.

A typical day at worked included morning safety meeting at 6 AM, PTC Creo work and time-study filming for the rest of the days. Meetings were regular and useful.

I learned about the importance of safety, the manufacturing process, and use of PTC Creo.

Fantastic management.

Co-workers were fun to be around.
The hardest part of the job was the heat in the factory. I worked during the summer, so it could be very hot when on the floor.

The most enjoyable part of the job was LEARNING SO MUCH. There was alot involved in the manufacturing that I found interesting.
Pros
Order and Precision
Cons
Not much to concern
Good team
UI/UX Developer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 1, 2016
my manager is cool we were having a good team to sot out the project in pressure less work
But my lead was aggersive on our team . but we have fun too
Fun work place
ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN ACCUSTAFF (Current Employee) –  Grovetown, GAFebruary 1, 2016
Very great place to work... Management was very helpful... Learned how to install cameras on school buses... Co-workers work together on completing task...
As an employee of John Deere I found the rate of pay to be the most satisfying and the safety concerns are commendable.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIJanuary 28, 2016
A typical day at John Deere was often stressful because of the often hard to sustain work pace. The company offers a bonus based on the rate of production but the standards are often difficult to meet for many people and the bonus is not worth the bodily wear and tear. I learned a great deal about utility vehicles, how they are made and what their uses are. I found management to be biased towards particular individuals, causing animosity amongst coworkers. Most of the coworkers were great and very enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job were the physical requirements and the most enjoyable part of the job was the financial benefits.
Pros
Financial benefits and overtime opportunities.
Cons
Short breaks, long shifts, and physical wear and tear.
Strong ethical company
Supply Base Manager (Current Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSJanuary 13, 2016
Good company to work for. I have had a very good experience in the John Deere culture. I would recommend this company to any engineer.
Production line
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJanuary 11, 2016
I worked assembly and drove forklifts for over 5 years. Just recently got laid off and looking for a new career. Started doing construction and liked doing it but the company I worked for was always traveling and I didn't like it.
average company
Experimental Cotton Technician (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IADecember 31, 2015
great brand to work for! learned real life skills and a lot about myself.Many different personalities and backgrounds witch I found to help me learn and understand proper useful business ethics. I was required to travel for up to 5 weeks across the country following new products into real operational conditions. I Maintained, documented, and evaluated, performance in the field. When issues arise I was required to determine the cause and relay details to engineering support for fix and testing. These machines weigh up to 80,000 lbs and needed to be setup, operated, and maintained by 1 person and our evaluations were to make this requirement easier for the operator.
Pros
product and benefits
Cons
little to no advancement, high emplyee turnover
Good Company
Welder/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Fuquay-Varina, NCDecember 29, 2015
A typical day at John Deere starts at 6:00 in the morning and ends at 2:30 in the afternoon during non peak season. During peak season, the day begins at 6:00 am and ends between 4:00 pm and 6:30 pm. The work is hard and moves at a fast pace.
Pros
stable
Cons
I would like to have a shorter drive time to and from work
As I have stated below the job kept my interest because it presented something new on a regular basis
E-Coat Powder Painter/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IADecember 21, 2015
Due to the nature of the job as an e coat powder painter there is always variables taking place that will cause the product to respond in a new manner therefor the learning experience is non ending.
Pros
the opportunity to learn is always there
Cons
management only consider advise from the floor after the problem had became unmanageable
nice place to work
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GADecember 17, 2015
the people were great and the work was easy. It was nice doing different jobs. The pay was alright and the benefits were fine also.