John Deere

John Deere Employee Reviews

Conservative company
Marketing Capability Leader (Current Employee), Cary, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Good place to work and I would recommend to anyone who asks. The people are the best part of the job.
liked working there alot
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJanuary 2, 2015
really liked people I worked with. Was layed off after almost 3 years! very hard to lose such a great job!
Number one John Deere dealer on Long Island
Chief Equipment John Deere Dealership, Mechanic (Former Employee), Freeport, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good salary
Cons: no 401k
Good salary, nice clean working environment, worked with professional service technicians. Treated with respect by management.Hardest part of the job was keeping up with repair orders.Started work at seven and left at six or later if need.The best part of my job was working with others in the repair facility.
High paced production
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), NCDecember 28, 2014
Pros: donut and coffee in the morning.
I enjoyed my job and I loved learning new things / position. The work place was a clean and healthy environment to work in.
Average place to work
Design Engineer (Current Employee), Dubuque, IADecember 13, 2014
Treats the employees well, but mismanagement of programs leads to frustrations.
Very professional work place.
Quality Engineer/Quality Supervisor (Former Employee), Moline, ILDecember 9, 2014
Pros: career development is encouraged
A work environment where Safety is #1 with both management and wage. Quality is ingrained within the culture and continuous improvement is ongoing.
Productive and rewarding place to work
Supply management / Tactical Buyer (Current Employee), Fargo, NDDecember 1, 2014
Pros: that jdes is very active in the community and takes care of their employees.
Cons: at this time i feel there are any con's to working with jdes.
My typical day is monitoring IC's comodity, purchasing what is needed and working with our suppliers and brokers to ensure we have product on hand to get the job done. I work on a awesome team of buyers and my supervisor is wonderful to work for.
The hardest part of my job is when parts, from the production floor, is rejected and we have no parts on hand; its a race to get parts in inventory so we don't lose time in production and when parts go EOL or obsolete and locating parts through multiple sources to keep production going until a new part gets qualified.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a knowledable team, working directly with my suppliers, manufacturers and brokers, and I find my position rewarding when I am met with challenges and I am able to overcome and succeed in accomplishing what is needed to keep the production going.
awesome place to work
Sales and customer service (Former Employee), Port Crane, NYNovember 9, 2014
Great people, room for advancement and plenty of learning opportunities. Awesome place to work.
Good job security, challenging work, poor work/life balance
Engine Integration Product Engineer (Former Employee), Dubuque, IANovember 4, 2014
This job provides good job security and compensation, as well as, ample challenging work and opportunity for advancement. Unfortunately, because of these many opportunities, there is a negative impact to one's work/life balance.
Ok Place to Work
Senior Manager (Current Employee), cary, ncOctober 29, 2014
The company is a good company to work for if you like living in the Midwest. There are no growth opportunites outside of that. The company lacks diversity and lacks diverse thinking.
Very Fun
Self-Employed Contractor (Former Employee), Loris, SCOctober 27, 2014
i Really enjoyed it.It was very nice but i wish it would have lasted longer.
A great company with a stable history
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: pay, bonus, co-workers, management
Cons: unequal distribution of labor, lack of upward mobility
I love John Deere. I love working there. I love the people I work with. They pay me great, give me the time off I need and support my professional education. I don't plan on leaving for awhile.

However, if you're not one of the "club" - you'll stay in your job and never move up. Want to move around in the company? Good luck - the "club" is at other locations, too.

Overall - a great place to work that values integrity and hard work and takes care of its employees.
Productive fast paced work environment
Operator (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 24, 2014
Built tractors under strict timelines. Communicating with fellow workers is a must to prevent people from getting hurt. The people you worked with makes the day go by very fast.
Good pay/ no job security
Assembler I (Current Employee), Ankeny, IAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: laid off constantly
John Deere is a great company unfortunately after 4 years of working there I have been laid off consistently every year.
Fun
MATERIAL COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Moline, ILOctober 21, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: can't think of anything
I am very fortunate to work for John Deere because I have learned a lot and have lots of opportunities for advancement.
Awesome Job !
Truck Driver and Yardman (Former Employee), Punta Gorda, FLOctober 13, 2014
Pros: the customer's an how thing worked .
Cons: company closed
I Enjoyed working for them I learned a lot for them . most of all what the customer's what they like an how they wanted thing's done..
Professional
Order Fulfillment Coordinator (Former Employee), Cary, NCOctober 11, 2014
Pros: pleasant environment
Cons: the employees were slightly unprofessional on my team
As a Contractor overall my experience was pleasant. The work environment was extremely nice and the teams were friendly.
Productive, Diverse and friendly company
Assembly (Quality, Machining Management) (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free healthcare, income, friendly environment, safe and overall good company
Cons: parking lot is conjested, the roof leaks sometimes
I have gained many skills at John Deere including the ability to read blue prints, machining, assembly, and overall general manufacturing overview. My typical day at work is coming in to a daily meeting then going out on the floor and assemble parts on the tractors. In the process of assembly couple factors always impact assembly including repair, missing parts, logistics issues, new builds and etc.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with the logistics aspect of what the job entails because sometimes we wont get the parts on time which impacts our bonuses. The most enjoyable part of my day is coming in to work and working along side of my workers, supervisors and the rest of the production team to get the product out the door.
John Deere
CNC MACHINIST (Former Employee), Coffeyville, KSOctober 8, 2014
Great corporation to work for. Job Security rating is low due to union.
Not just any day
Engneering Business Analyst (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: the day is never the same
Cons: i'm contract and looking to secure full time employment
On any typical day I am training engineers on the release process across a multi-platform of systems.
Modifying CAD documents using Creo parametric or Pro E
Setting up meetings with the stake holders and Engineers
Problem Solving
Reviewing documents and Blue Prints

About John Deere

At John Deere, our more than 60,000 employees are committed to those linked to the land. We are a global company in size, but – Read more

John Deere Salaries