John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital

John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

professional
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 20, 2017
verify patient information , make sure you are not redrawing same tubes prepare patient for the draw, be informative and alert this was another one of my favorite jobs, hospital is always a good place to work. everybody got along, diversity culture management was nice.
Official response from John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital
September 22, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to JFK Memorial's success.

extremely fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 18, 2017
I love the people I work with, the language barrier can be stressful at times but there are tools to work around that. Not for the slow paced nurse. At times can be very hectic with only 12 beds and growing population.
Pros
good benefits, fair pay
Cons
no incentives for advancement, wish ER RNs were paid more
Official response from John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital
September 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

Very productive
Engineering Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 18, 2017
Very fast paced
A lot about my duties
Management was OK
This was a Hospital environment
A lot of footwork
Doing what I was trained to do
Learned a lot more about computers
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Supervisor was a little overbearing
The Best Little Hospital in Southern California
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Intensive Care UnitDecember 7, 2016
Professional AND friendly work atmosphere.
Nurses are treated fairly, with respect and as vital members of the Multidisciplinary team. Strong application of standards of practice with input from staff. Working towards evidenced based practices, best practices and continuous quality improvement of care.
Pros
Self Scheduling
family atmosphere
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2016
One of the most pleasant jobs I've had. Developed long term friendships due to family atmosphere. Patients received excellent care.
Pros
organized well
Cons
unfortunately they closed
Volunteering was a great experience
Business Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 17, 2016
Volunteering at JFK Hospital was my first experience in an adult setting. The staff and supervisor of the billing department taught me how to manage responsibilities.
Productive and fun workplace.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 29, 2016
I really enjoy my job. The staff and Doctors are great to work with. I like working alone and part of the team. The team I'm assigned to works very well.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
More hours
WAS a fun place to work at..
Medical Staff/CME Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 16, 2015
I think I got along with everyone till this year when my Director retired. A new director came in and it all hit the fan with her arrival.
I enjoyed my time (almost 9 years) there but I guess all good things must come to an end.
Pros
People I worked with (Physicians/Staff)
Cons
New director
A very nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indio, CaliforniaOctober 10, 2015
John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital is a true community hospital with a close knit staff and management looking to raise the bar. JFK has some of the hardest working nurses I have ever met.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Limited resources.
Enjoyable work place
Environmental Technician-Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Washington Township, NJMay 22, 2015
I enjoyed everything about my job. A typical day would be fast moving cause you never know what to expect. One minute you can be on one floor the next you have to go to another to cover that floor also. The enjoyable part is meeting new people from all over.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
having to cover more then one floor / short staff
Small, but high quality
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMarch 27, 2015
JFK is a great place to work. The staff are all friendly. The facility was small enough, you got to know staff beyond your department, which was nice.
Not a good place to work, don't risk your license
RCP (Former Employee) –  Indio, caOctober 16, 2014
Not a good place to work. Hospital hire pharmacist from Korea who barely speak English. I have a hard time understanding them. JFK indio do not want to hire Pharmacist here in the US because they know they are risking their license where time they fill the prescriptions, but for foreign pharmacist they are replaceable. They don't questions the MD's (most are Caribbean grads). Back stabbing co-workers, most people in my department just want to be there so they can pick up their paycheck at the end of the pay week. They hate their job, their manager but they have to be there. Be careful who you talk to even with your co-worker because they can report you to HR and cause you more problems. Just come to work, shut up and work, don't socialize there and get in trouble. If you're in 3 months probation they can let you go anytime if they don't like you.
Pros
Good pay rate, nice cafeteria
Cons
Bad environment, hostile environment
my department was great place to work. Learned a lot and had fun with co workers and bosses
Laboratory secretary (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2014
Enjoyed working as laboratory secretary for eight years at this hospital. Learned a great many things. Enjoyed performing customer service duties and working in the department. Unfortunately the hospital was going to close so I moved on to another health care facility.
Pros
very educational and fun experience
Cons
hospital closed
Very hardworking staff with knowledgeable employees
Interning Student (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAAugust 21, 2013
As an Indio High School intern student in the emergency room, I was opened up to a whole new experience. I got to see the fast pace world of the emergency room and the various injuries ranging from a cut needing stitches to a patient with a compound fracture and even cardiac arrest. While there, I was taught how to use an EKG machine, check a patient's blood sugar level (accu check), and how to handle your duties when a large amount of patients come in. The hardest part of working in the emergency room is having to stand the majority the time working but that can be solves with some comfortable shoes. The most enjoyable part of being an intern is that they treat you like an actual employee and count on you to perform your duty on time.
Pros
big employee discount at the cafe, friendly staff
Cons
ER is a bit too small for a regular hospital
challenging experiences
Health Unit Coordinator/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 9, 2013
loved the academy, the class mates, the respect, the teaches, and the opportunity to explore and to set a future for you.
Pros
volunteer hours to explore
Cons
none that I can think of
If you value your liscense don't work here!
airway management (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAApril 10, 2012
new grad supervisors, horrible work loads. tirant for manager. crooked company that deserves the government sanctions.
Pros
good pay rate
Cons
hostile work environment