John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital

John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Tenet hospitals are the best!!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I loved working at JFK Memorial hospital. I was there 4 years and I transferred to almost all the departments there. All the nurses were friendly and kind, I felt like family. I was given all my breaks and I never had a problem with managment. Do not consider any non tenet hospitals because you will not be treated like this. Tenet hospitals are by far the best!! I transffered to Desert Regional (tenet hospital as well) and will continue to work for tenet as long as I shall live.
Pros
Union, breaks, health benefits
Cons
Low census
January 26, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. At JFK Memorial Hospital we look to provide successful careers for all our employees.

stressful
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Indio, CADecember 11, 2017
I don't have much to say regarding this job,in my department there was no customer service for the patients, or great team work with the staff. Managment was not good felt so judged to do my job y catering to the patients and when I did it was unacceptab;le.
Pros
good lunch area
Cons
not good management
Excellent Learning Experience as a Supervisor
Supervisor of Microbiology (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 8, 2017
My position allowed me to implement new procedures, design a new laboratory, hire and train new staff, and work closely with Infection Control and the Infectious Disease physicians.
Staff is great and fun to work with.
RN (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 17, 2017
Assessing 4 mothers/4 babies. Administering PO/IM/SC medications to both mother and baby. Dressing changes/staple removal, helping with breastfeeding, pt. teaching and admitting/discharging. Not being a Mother myself, I learned a lot about babies. The management was fine, but we were often short staffed and sometimes did not get lunch. The hardest part was not having a nurse aid on the floor. It's hard to make everyone happy when you have eight pt.'s and two, three, maybe four are all calling at once and you are only one person. Having nurse aid's on the unit would be a HUGE improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job was the rapport with my co-workers.
Pros
Nursing staff
Cons
No CNA's on the floor with such a high acuity and turn-over.
October 18, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. It is important that our employees feel they can be heard at all times.

professional
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 20, 2017
verify patient information , make sure you are not redrawing same tubes prepare patient for the draw, be informative and alert this was another one of my favorite jobs, hospital is always a good place to work. everybody got along, diversity culture management was nice.
September 22, 2017

We appreciate your feedback. Our employees are the heart of our organization and are crucial to JFK Memorial's success.

Patient Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 19, 2017
Excellent place to work. Competitive Salary and excellent benefits. Professional people. Very organized place to work. Constantly changing to upgrade.
extremely fast paced
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indio, CASeptember 18, 2017
I love the people I work with, the language barrier can be stressful at times but there are tools to work around that. Not for the slow paced nurse. At times can be very hectic with only 12 beds and growing population.
Pros
good benefits, fair pay
Cons
no incentives for advancement, wish ER RNs were paid more
September 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We believe that our employees are our greatest asset and are always looking to improve our offerings.

poor
RN/Staff Nurse - Telemetry/Step Down (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 20, 2017
good stepping stone to more specialized positions. typical hospital culture. insensitive to staff needs. skeleton crews typical. If you are looking for team environment, look elsewhere.
Need help with very thing in the hospital
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 17, 2017
JFK Memorial Hospital should try to be more like the hospital in palm springs. JFK needs more experienced doctors, also JFK needs respectful workers that are both respectful to patients and co-workers. I have experienced moments in JFK where works would make fun of people that were dying. Everyone needs to respect each other while working there, also the workers should try to be a little more kind to others.
Pros
Like the fun that i had
Cons
Desrispectful people
Hospital Pharmacy tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 1, 2017
I worked hospital pharmacy for 16 years. I loved working with the hospital staff. I enjoyed learning and growing in this company.
My goal was to advance and further my education.
Very productive
Engineering Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMay 18, 2017
Very fast paced
A lot about my duties
Management was OK
This was a Hospital environment
A lot of footwork
Doing what I was trained to do
Learned a lot more about computers
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Supervisor was a little overbearing
Excellent team work, caring and respectful management.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJanuary 6, 2017
My experience as a Med Surg LVN at JFK Memorial Hospital added to my nursing experience and made me a better nurse, a better person, and more caring.

There was never a dull moment at JFK. The staff worked together as a team. My typical day was very productive. The primary reasons contributing to my productivity was the opportunity to work 12 hour shifts with a maximum workload of 5 patients.
Pros
Management showed appreciation, gifts.
Cons
Union not necessary for nurses.
The Best Little Hospital in Southern California
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Intensive Care UnitDecember 7, 2016
Professional AND friendly work atmosphere.
Nurses are treated fairly, with respect and as vital members of the Multidisciplinary team. Strong application of standards of practice with input from staff. Working towards evidenced based practices, best practices and continuous quality improvement of care.
Pros
Self Scheduling
family atmosphere
Respiratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2016
One of the most pleasant jobs I've had. Developed long term friendships due to family atmosphere. Patients received excellent care.
Pros
organized well
Cons
unfortunately they closed
Volunteering was a great experience
Business Department Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 17, 2016
Volunteering at JFK Hospital was my first experience in an adult setting. The staff and supervisor of the billing department taught me how to manage responsibilities.
Productive and fun workplace.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 29, 2016
I really enjoy my job. The staff and Doctors are great to work with. I like working alone and part of the team. The team I'm assigned to works very well.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
More hours
good people to work with
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMarch 10, 2016
a lot of the employees at jfk care about the community, the er is still small to meet the needs of the community but the staff is courteous and cares about the patients and their well being.
Pros
awesome benefits package
Cons
not too much room for growth
There was always an end of year party.
Costumer Service/Bill Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAFebruary 14, 2016
This was a life saving job and work place but with time in between, there was fun too. A typical day work was so difficult because of the influx of patients. The way home was hard due to transportation.
Pros
No free lunch but free medicare for staffs.
WAS a fun place to work at..
Medical Staff/CME Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 16, 2015
I think I got along with everyone till this year when my Director retired. A new director came in and it all hit the fan with her arrival.
I enjoyed my time (almost 9 years) there but I guess all good things must come to an end.
Pros
People I worked with (Physicians/Staff)
Cons
New director
A very nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Indio, CaliforniaOctober 10, 2015
John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital is a true community hospital with a close knit staff and management looking to raise the bar. JFK has some of the hardest working nurses I have ever met.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Limited resources.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location