John Hancock Employee Reviews in United States

Great workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2016
Awesome managers and a great staff of employees who want to help you to succeed. They train you well, so you will be able to complete your tasks to your best ability.
Pros
casual friday
Cons
normal office job
Working for John Hancock I learned how to give excellent customer service. There was great opportunites for growth and a good life balance environment
Customer Service Respresentative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 15, 2016
Good Place to work, Great benefits. Good training programs, Great opportunities for advancement. A day at work consisted of taking 80 Calls per day from Brokers as well as clients. Every call was a different and it made the job not monotonous. The co-workers were great and it was always a team effort to make our goals. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with the Matrix system that I always excelled at. However in the back of your mind as you are trying to give the best quality of service to your clients. We had productivity and quality measured consistently. I enjoyed helping people on a daily basis with what they needed to resolve. It was a good feeling knowing you were able to help people, research and resolve what they called us for. We also always wanted to take care of customers with a first call resolution if possible, however researching was a fun part of the job, finding the answers that were complicated and learning new aspects of the job.
Pros
Benefits, Education opportunies, Advancement
Cons
Very driven, More geared toward productivity than Service
Great company to work for
Retirement Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2016
I really enjoyed the time I spent working for John Hancock in Miami. it is a great company to work for. they sponsored my for all of my FINRA license.
Fast Paced and Lively
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 21, 2016
A great place to get introduced to financial services. I enjoy working here and will continue to stay unless a unique opportunity presents itself.
Great place to work and learn, great opportunities for anyone.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2016
JH was a great place to work, because of them I was able to quit drinking 27years ago, supervisors were great, every day was a school day, job security was top of the line, benefits were top of the line also. Best company in the industry.
Great People top work with
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Boston, MAMarch 23, 2016
A typical work day would be 8.30 am-5.00pm shift. I worked in a team of 7 co-workers organizing mail and data entry. I would log up to 400-800 names and accounts numbers into the systems daily. Also count, open, scan and distribute over 5,000 pieces of mail. I've learned how to work as a team in a office setting and familiarizing myself with different machinery. I work in a team setting. My co-workers at John Hancock where from different departments and we worked as a team to meet the daily requirement. Hardest part of my job was the commute to work. the most enjoyable part of my job was the people.
Pros
Co-worker working as a team
Cons
i enjoyed working for th mail room in Quincy but everyone was layed off.
The Worst Place to Work in Boston
IS Systems Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2016
John Hancock is one of the worst places to work. Employees are more concerned about what they and others are wearing. No real work gets done in Boston. Very few employees actually work a full day. Most spend their time on their personal cell phones or taking very long lunches. If you are not very productive then you will excel at JH. Management believes that attend meetings is actually getting work done.
Pros
There are none
Cons
To many to list. Bad Management, Bad compensation and bad employees
I like working for John Hancock Insurance company.
insurance clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2016
I like working for John Hancock Insurance I meet a lot of different
cultures and the job was interesting how I check the life insurance
application.
nice place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHDecember 28, 2015
good people, good locations. nice work, not very exciting but constant work to be done. left the job for a chance to travel europe and see the world.
Great company to work for.
Senior Developer / Tech Lead (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2015
At my time at John Hancock I had the opportunity to work with excellent and knowledgeable co-workers and management. I enjoyed the Flexible work arrangements.
Pros
Work from Home program
Cons
E&E cost saving programs
nice place to work
Director of Network Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2015
good place to work, excellent technical and management growth available if you work hard, excellent benefits and lots of growth potential, long hours but worth the hard work
Very good company to have a career not just a job.
Senior Fixed Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 17, 2015
Great place to build and grow. Can be fast paced and challenging dealing with financial markets. Workplace flexibility was wonderful to experience (ie. working from home) Lots of room for development and growth under strong managers. Close net departments that felt like family not just co-workers. Processing high dollar amount transactions require attention to detail and leave very little room for errors so you must stay focused. The politics and departmental cliques were sometimes intimidating. But can be overcome with confidence and experience.
Pros
Working from home, and bonus pay incentives
Cons
High levels of stress as in all financial industry companies.
Great Company to work for. If you are a young individual who has a lot of ambition.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company right up until the end but there was a big change when they were taken over by the new Company. My colleagues stayed the same for a while and then even they changed. Some things were for the better, and others were not but that is what happens when Large Companies change and go global.
Pros
Benefit program excellent
Cons
Constantly changing organization.
Very productive & supportive company to work for
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2015
I've worked my way up the ladder within this company and would definitely recommend anyone interested in working for a company such as John Hancock. Over the years a lot of opportunities and doors has opened up so there is always room for growth. I've met some great people working here and even though we are a corporate type of company, it's still an enjoyable atmosphere to be in.
Employee Friendly
Safe Access Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2015
The benefits are excellent and work environment encourages collaboration among employees and celebration of holidays
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
lack of support from supervisors
Great job
R.N. Case Manager, Claims (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 31, 2015
I would organize my day regarding contacting new cases, time zones, urgency of situation, call backs, etc. I enjoyed my team and telephonic contact with the claimants' and/or families, home care agencies, and other care providers. We worked in an office with cubicles making it very easy to communicate with our team. I had several different managers during this time - some more effective than others. The hardest part of my job was to tell a claimant their benefit was exhausted or they were no longer eligible for benefits under the terms of their policy when they felt they still needed housekeeping assistance. The most enjoyable was assisting a claimant reach their highest level of independence, usually pre-claim status, and no longer requiring benefits from their Long Term Care policy.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Job security
Growing company flexible schedule
Financial Analysis Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 29, 2015
If you like to stay busy this might not be the job for you, depending on the position. Everyone is super nice and friendly and always willing to help. There is plenty of room for internal growth.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
can be a slow pace job
Document Image Processor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 25, 2015
Fast Pace Work environment. Great benefits. My manager is great to work with. Very down to earth and is willing to help answer any questions or concerns I may have. One of the hardest parts of the job is the lack of growing opportunities with the company itself. While working for this company I have learned how to multitask and my organizational skills have increased. Typically, We have a day that consists of spurts where it is very busy and also times where there is down time.
Pros
Building relationships, benefits and flexibitiy.
Cons
Location, Transportation and Growth within the company
Great Co-Workers
Consolidation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2015
Working with great people but the politics can be a drag. All about the numbers. Very goal-oriented, to the point where it is overwhelming.
Pros
co-workers, experience
Cons
management
Office Manager
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 15, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company, even though it was an independent branch of Signature Resources, we had a good flow of clients. I also got laid off from this job due to cut backs. They could no longer afford to keep me on the payroll. But if they ever offered me my job back I would have gladly accepted.