John Hancock Employee Reviews

Acceptable
Annuity Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHApril 26, 2017
Lot of great people to work with, always work to do. Many years of Layoffs due to product discontinuation. Not sure you will have a job in future and just have to watch how you work.
Great Company, Great Co-workers.
Consultant/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02116April 19, 2017
Great Company, Great people but everything is rushed and last minute changes are the norm, which increases the margin of error in every case. Auditing in non-existent which is mind blowing for company of this size and length in business. If you are a hard worker expect to work the hardest you've ever worked, because the more you do, the less others do. It seems to be part of the culture. If you aspire to be comfortable in same position for the rest of your career, surrounded by very nice people then this is the place for you but make sure you know everything there is to know, or are able to figure it out on your own, because others are reluctant to share their knowledge.
Pros
Great Compensation, Great People once they gain your trust, Great location in the city.
Cons
Everything is rushed and consistent last minute changes, no accountability.
Relax working culture but less promotion opportunity
Senior Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2017
JH has good work life balance, but if you want to move to next level, it is hard. I had a bad luck to be enrolled by a manager who is sensitive and has no view on job or career.
Fun Workplace
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2017
Great IT Team. Worked with active directory, would also set up new users with VPN and the ticket system is service now. Hardest part of this job would be to make sure to close your ticket within the 2 days.
Good Company
Wholesale Account Executive (Former Employee) –  ILApril 6, 2017
Discontinued area of insurance offered. Let everyone.in the long term care insurance area go. I really enjoyed my role and the people I worked with. Good compensation!
Pros
Independence, great opportunity
Cons
Needed better commitment
I would not recommend working here.
Senior Private Placement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 31, 2017
I would not recommend working here. The organization is flattening therefore there is little opportunity for advancement. Corporate culture in Canada does not mesh well with American corporate culture.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Little advancement opportunities
Enjoyable people to work with
Outsourcing Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 30, 2017
John Hancock had good benefits and mid-level management. I had the opportunity to expand my knowledge base from a technical perspective, and continue to work with my relationship management skills with both internal business customers and external vendors.
excellent company to work for
Regional Recruiting Manager, General Agent (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 28, 2017
High qualify company. Much marketing and advanced underwriting available.
Strong Management, and very rich environment, excellent benefits, and growth opportunities.
Great Place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2017
Great People and great place. Everything is readily available.

Worked as a Project Manager and the environment was calm, the people were incredibly helpful, and everything was perfectly set up to succeed.
Temp Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJMarch 13, 2017
This was a temp job and it was really fast paced. I enjoyed it for the brief time that I was there.It was doing a lot of phone work receiving calls from clients who were looking at there available stock options and perspective new clients as well. It was a great learning experience about how stock options were to be handled and the disbursement of funds once they cashed in there stocks.
Cons
To far to commute
Overall a good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2017
I worked at John Hancock for 11 years and overall enjoyed my time there. There is focus on career development and a lot of the employees are tenured. It is a good place to work.
Special team
Attorney/ADR Legal Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2017
I was part of a special team when I worked here so I can only speak to those individuals. Work was interesting, good training and fun group of people.
Nice people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 17, 2017
I performed front desk duties and provided aministrative support to management and sales force. The management team was effective in their roles.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Compensation
Great Company
Wholesaler (Former Employee) –  Keller, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I was a 1099 wholesaler so I don't have much to offer in regard to internal work atmosphere. Their wholesaler management provide support to the wholesalers on a regional basis. Interaction with them mostly took place in a virtual atmosphere.
productive and fun
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLFebruary 9, 2017
productive and fun. demanding job. great pay. incentives. would travel and meet many people. palm beach a great town. florida is a great state. overall a great company.
Productive and great place to work
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 18, 2017
Productive and great place to work. There is great leadership, a lot of opportunity for advancement, a supportive work environment and excellent benefits.
Open and easy to learn
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 17, 2017
I learnt the importance to have a thing in order in order for everything can work. The most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone was willing to help and share.
Tough workplace
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Commission only. Leads are scarce. You are on your own. It's a company that's been around for a long time, but they give you little or nothing in terms of help.
Good Experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 9, 2017
Great experience. Opportunity to grow. Great staff. worked with tax and payroll. Lots of details in work but good opportunity to grow. Nice boss and good pay
Bad company
Sales and marketing (Former Employee) –  Tysons, VAJanuary 8, 2017
Sales sales sales. Nothing but sales. Its extremely cut throat. A giant pyramid. I would not recommend working for this company. Just don't. I did not enjoy my time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Hancock. Our community is ready to answer.