John Jay College of Criminal Justice Employee Reviews

Work with peers
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2017
I love to work at campus because I can work and study together. Also, the position for college assistant was very beneficial to me because I learned lots of program, and what should I do in my future.
Pros
less travling hours
Cons
It was not a full-time job.
Learned so much here and enjoyed the staff.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
Really enjoyed working here. The Supervisor taught me so much and allowed me to take over doing the Orientation for incoming clients and actually to place the clients to other work sites within John Jay College. I learned to enter the regular employees salary history and personal info into their organizational computerized database. All the staff the was eager to teach.
Pros
The staff always took me out to eat.
Cons
Not hiring.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJuly 22, 2017
Educational environment that encourages excellence among its diverse body of scholars. Joining JJ is geared to strengthen communities without prejudice while broadening the minds of tomorrow leaders in a competitive society.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
No play time
Productive and Fun
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2017
John Jay College college of New York as a work place, Specially in the math department is a very good place.
Flexible schedule on the day. Every week there is at least one conference about math by great great mathematician from there I learn many new things. very good management system.
We are the faculty from different different culture, like asian, Europe, USA. The hardest part of the job is to maintain paid office
hours. Because of many students need help out side of the class, which I always do more than paid office hour. I do it willingly only for my students. The most enjoyable part of my job is when student ask any critical question and they are very happy with my response.
John Jay College
Custodial Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2017
Management was professional, was very concern about the needs of the employee. My co-workers was the best to work with. I work with the overnight staff, even though the work was enormous we went beyond our call of duty. overnight staff are professional and there skill level help me to become a better worker
a day in the life of a college student
Center Involvement of Student leadership (Former Employee) –  524 W 59th St, New York, NY 10019June 24, 2017
while working at John Jay college of criminal justice friendships have been made while working within the student involvement office as many students have inquired about general campus questions. I was also allowed to provide rental recreational equipment to students who wished to participate in games during their spare time.
Pros
Free Lunch provided by clubs
Cons
Short breaks given
Love for Science
Adjunct College Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
I have been working at John Jay for nearly three years now and I love it. It is a challenging work environment but it motivates you to push yourself further (i.e. going back for a Master's degree or continuing with your Bachelor's).
Productive and family-like environment
Program Coordinator - Misdemeanor Justice Project (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
John Jay College fosters a great community of academics, practitioners, and students engaged in the pursuit of justice. The college is unique in the way it creates a tight-knit community, whereas other traditional commuter schools seldom create such an environment.
Awesome
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2017
Great learning experience. I loved working here and the people, taught me a lot but their was no potential for growth. The people are really nice which makes working there nice.
Rewarding and productive
Career Educator Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
A great place to acquire mentorship and guidance. Rewarding when helping other peers/students. Day to day duties were administrative as well as providing one-one career counseling with students.
Fun Work Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vice President Of Student AffairsMay 9, 2017
John Jay is a very great college to work at they have amazing personal. we interact with many students on a day to day basis to assist them with anything they need. To help them achieve their accomplishments.
working with families is rewarding
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
I learned that i help people to feel the reward. it is helping people improve their lives and it makes me feel good. Families are important. I love being a part of the betterment of mankind.
Pros
long Breaks
Cons
to many meetings
Productive and fun place to work
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 14, 2017
John Jay has an amazing community and if you ever need any help they are 100% supportive. They push you to better yourself and help others. They have great birthday celebrations for people.
Pros
First to make class schedule
Cons
No real benefits
Development opportunity with support and flexibility
Peer Success Coach (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2017
I work with my mentees day-to-day to explore their obstacles and how we can overcome them together. I also provide my mentees with the tools to grow as transitioning students.
Boring yet good to start
Transfer Credit Evaluator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
The work was somewhat repetative and mindless but nevertheless it allowed me to use my analytical skills to further enhance my ability to solve problems and come up with sound solutions. The benefits are great.
Rewarding Environment
Adjunct Professor in the Counseling Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10019April 1, 2017
I enjoyed working here and helping students. I worked with a great staff and had a wonderful boss. I only left because i needed to make more money due to high train and subway costs.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Commute and cost
i was the head of the office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2017
I work from nine to five, I get to learned something new everyday because I was working for the office of Special Programs where I trained new and recertify HHC , Police, EMT's, Security Officers and the most enjoyable part is preparing for graduation.
Pros
Free lunches
Interesting experience overall
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2017
The working environment and experience is quite educational and that is the most enjoyable part of the job. As a research assistance, I have learned a lot of new knowledge and science behind all of the experiments performed.
Pros
Free education on science
Cons
Exposure to various types of chemicals
Fun place to work at, ability to develop skills
Office assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
Being a student and having the ability to work at john jay is a plus to my career. i had the ability to improve many skills and the management is always able to help
Great school!
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2017
Passionate professors who love with they're doing! Great amenities for students and an awesome club area for students to hangout and interact with others.