John Jay College of Criminal Justice

John Jay College of Criminal Justice Employer Reviews

Typical job
Lab Assistant - Academic Labs (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 7, 2014
Everything has red tape. Politics are always being played. Issues are seldom addressed poorly. The job is flexible, and it requires you to be independent.
educational and positive
Assistant coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: education
rewarding,educational, allowed me to grow on a educational level
Learned more than research
Research Assistant - Psychology Department (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 7, 2013
As a Research Assistant you get a lot of exposure. You wear different hats as a RA.
Feels Great Knowing I Played a Role in Someone's Academic Success
Mathematics Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2013
Pros: passing rate was in the 90's, knowing i make a difference, helping others.
This is, by far, the best job I have had thus far. I was the TA for college albegra courses. I worked some wonderful and intelligent professors and students. My favorite thing about this job was helping others by making math an easier language for them to understand. I remember one student who, after 15 years, returned back to college. Math was a whole other language to her. With my guidance, she was able to ace her class. I always run into previous students who continue to thank me for my dedication. Sadly, this job came to an end when there were budget cuts to CUNY. The program no longer exists.
Productive and fun place to work
Campus Police Officer (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2013
Interactive and vibrant college community, which teaches you the art of professional courtesy while maintaining an optimistic view point during tough tasks.
It is full of challenges as an academic environment.
Assistant to Director, EHS (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: possibility of tuition assistant
Cons: health benefit are not that great.
The management is a bit self-centered. There are challenges because of the pressures of meeting the quota for funds. Those employed as college assistants do not have much room for growth.
Great work experience but toxic work enviroment
Architectural/Construction Assistant (Former Employee), Midtown New York, NYJune 20, 2012
Working under my bosses was great, since I was able to learn a lot and develop as an architect. However, the people who works in facilities grew a dislike to me because of a certain existing strife between my immediate superior and their department. In the end I had to leave because of work sabotage that was geared at me.
Productive place to work at.
College Assistant (Current Employee), 899 10th avenue new york, n.y.April 11, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
It is a basic office 9 to 5 job. I did not learn much as to my prior work experience before entering this position i already knew what was expected.