John Knox Village Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2017
I really enjoyed talking with the residents and feeling like I was a great help to them, it just brighten my day and it may going to work everyday nice
Pros
great pay
Cons
flexibility
Self Employed
Self Employed Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2017
This was a great experience for me. I have always loved working with senior citizens. I was so blessed working for them. John Knox village was amazing to me. I did not realize that there places such as John Knox village.
Pros
Fellowship among the people that lived there
Cons
I don't remember any
very friendly
Cook, Salad prep, Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLMay 18, 2017
Very helpful and friendly. They are always looking to help better someones life. They teach you anything from cooking to catering to salad prep.Always looking to help.
Lame.
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMay 15, 2017
The culture was tense and uptight. I needed to find a job that made me feel good. It was difficult to work here. The management was unorganized and fell short of many aspects.
Only if you're desperate.
Management (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 27, 2017
I wouldn't do it again... not for any amount of salary. Everyone is overworked and underpaid. Lots of great ideas, but no implementation. Lots of empty promises and upset staff members.
Pros
New building
Cons
Salary, Benefits, Management, Culture
Horrible place to work
Housekeeping Associate (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 5, 2017
never work at this place its horrible,they treat you like dirt, this place don't care about there workers,nor do they care about there residents,never,never work here...
Welcoming and friendly envionment
Per Diem RN MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 4, 2017
Long Term Care and Rehabilitation facilities have become a welcoming environment for both residents and employees. The newest concepts in long term care have been initiated to provide individuals with a comfortable "at home" environment. I have noticed that there is a lot of fluid team work in most facilities. This is particularly special in that many persons working in the environment are from different countries, bringing new customs and tradition. Of course the hardest part of my job is to meet AHCA regulations and complete the MDS 3.0 in a timely manner. This also includes Care Plan development and Utilization Review. The beauty of being a nurse is quite simple. You can look back on every day and realize that you have done something special for someone. It could have been as simple as a small conversation, or assisting an individual to complete a task they could not do by themselves. Education and providing others with valuable information about healthcare is also very rewarding. I enjoy being able to develop teams and management is also a pertinent part of my background. I have learned to have patience, respect, and tolerance toward others. Hence, I am looking to find a full-time position in health care. I am currently Per Diem but my hours are sporadic. Hopefully, I will find something suitable through your network. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
n/a
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMarch 27, 2017
The residents were nice. underpaid and understaffed for the things they wanted u do to. No safety measures hired people that didn't really want to be there
My experience
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLMarch 23, 2017
Poor management, management would give out personal information, one manager would drink on the job(she still does), human resources never helped with any issues(all of them were poorly handled or not handled at all), poor hours, unclean facility, etc.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, poor hours, management would give out personal information, etc.
Great place to gain experience
Public Safety Officer/EMT (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMarch 17, 2017
Great place to work, management was very friendly and understanding. The residents were great to work with, always friendly and extremely thankful. Hours are great as well, with plenty of opportunity for overtime.
Terrible place to work
Salad Preparer (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 28, 2017
This place only works out if you have no responsibilities. I have 2 children to take care of and I only make 9.19 /hr. There is no room for growth and the management is awful.
Pros
Holiday bonus
Cons
Everything else
unorganized leadership
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 17, 2017
very overworked and the leadership can care less of your opinions or suggestions so you end up saying nothing to improve the process. Human Resources is useless. Very unfortunate because this organization always will lose good, dedicated, professional associates.
Pros
several places to eat and take a break when you can, they offer a clinic option onsite
Cons
no loyality when you work hard, you begin to feel unmotivated, benefits, directors that have been there too long, need new and fresh leadership
fun and laid-back environment
Floor tech (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2017
JKV is a wonderful place to work if you just thinking of retiring or just getting out of high school and need a full time job to get you in on your feet.
Cna trainee
CNA Trainee (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Great experience I would highly recoommend training here and also working . It's a really good place to step into the medical field . Great staff and will never be guided the wrong way
Fun work place
Externship experience (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2016
Experience all types of residents with Alzheimer's and dementia .experience using a hoyer,stand up lift, faith belt.Took vital signs,height,and weight

Benefits
Cons
Organization
Dont get sucked in
Staff Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 15, 2016
Underpaid, understaffed, unethical, no work life balance because they always call or text you with issues. Night staff leaves work incomplete so the day shift has to finish. More focused on recreation and CNA's cooking than taking care of residents and staffing needs. Serious management attitudes and problems. No support system. No training. No organization whatsoever. Makes you wonder how they can stay in business. Replace borders on violence in the workplace because of all the harassment you get.
Pros
I do not know if it is a pro or not, but I still have a job, I don't know for how long.
Cons
Don't get me started
Understaffed underpaid
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 5, 2016
You don't have any time to really take care of your residents cause you are understaffed and have to take care of 20 residents alone. They don't respect the work you do do for them.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
Understaffed
Good place to do externship at
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2016
Learned a lot from externship. Worked in the cares unit which is a secure unit. Employees were very nice and helpful. Hardest part was working with Alzheimer patients and not knowing who or where they are.
John Knox Village
Activity Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLOctober 6, 2016
Working with the elderly made me appreciate life more than I already did. Trying to make a difference in the elder's life, that is soon to be over due to dementia and Alzheimer's. We created activities for them to work with memory building, or we would reminisce back in the day, to see what they would share, what they would remember. It was very heart felt warming working with this company. Especially, since it reminded me of my grandfather who had Alzheimer and dementia. It was really nice being able to help others.
Pros
Relationships
Cons
Having to deal with residents passing
To Much turnover
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOSeptember 22, 2016
Needs better management. Residents lack care due to short staff. It needs to have a new policy review! Benefits are horrible.