John Knox Village

John Knox Village Employee Reviews

phone calls data entry
varies staffing (Former Employee), plantation flApril 29, 2015
i like it as well as the other jobs i had doing telemarketing and bookeeping also data entry answering phones.. birthdays are always fun they are friendly environment and lots of celebrations and prizes
The staff got along very well with the residents management on the other had was totally diffrent
cna/cmt (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOApril 29, 2015
loved the job. But management on the other hand is different. If u were not in there click they made it hard for you. The residents really liked the place and was happy
Nice work place
CNA /HHA (Former Employee), Orange city flMarch 30, 2015
Pros: nice hrs
Cons: benfits are hard to get
The workers are awesome . The pay is awesome. The residents are awesome. The hours are great. The place is a wonderful place to work
great outdoor activity
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Everyone respected everyone
Cons: nothing
Typical night at work was helping residents to bathroom answering call lights ,working together with co-workers .Management was wonderful very very helpful.. co-workers do great team work. hardest part of job was staying awake. Enjoyable was listing to the residents stories about there life
bad management and horrible ethics and workplace
a few different positions (Former Employee), Lees Summit, MOFebruary 9, 2015
Management was not great. They thought that they could just leave whenever and not be there when needed. Most employees that worked with me were rude and stuck up. Some got the same shifts everyday while others barely got hours.
Overall the clients and residents are great but staff isn't.
John Knox Village Does Not Care About Anything But MONEY!
Certified Nursing Assistant- Village Care Center (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: loved my residents!
Cons: short staffed, overworked, horrible benefits
Always short staffed there were many times I was assigned 34 dementia residents for my shift! Over half the building is staffed by Agency. They tell you about incentives to come in on your day off and then take the money out of your paycheck. Worst job I have ever had.
Very enjoyable work environment
Server/Wheelchair Escort (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch, great coworkers/customers/management
Cons: have to work weekends
Excellent people to work with. Great customers. Flexible hours and free lunch!
Extern
Patient Care Technician (PCT) Externship (Former Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 22, 2014
a typical day would be the students shadowing one of the working CNAs.
Rewarding Career helping individuals with assisted living needs
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Majestic Oaks Assisted Living FacilityNovember 20, 2014
Pros: active and busy day, time went by quickly
Cons: not enough available seating and microwaves in breakroom.
A typical day centered around the needs of the residents of Majestic Oaks. I learned compassion, the need for adherence to safety and HIPPA regulations and the value of human life. Management was extremely supportive and appreciative of all accomplishments and initiatives to problem solve. Coworkers were considerate, especially the CNA's and upper management. The hardest part of the job was the physical demands typically required of most housekeeping positions. The most enjoyable part of the job was making others smile and the satisfaction of maintaining an orderly and clean facility.
love.
Server (Former Employee), tampa flNovember 4, 2014
Its a good job to have. I love every second I spend working here.
I loved the residents
Service staff (Former Employee), pompano, FloridaSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: it was minimum wage
A typical day at work consist of pleasing the residents. Have explicit costumer service. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some of the co-workers personalities. The most enjoyable part is talking to the residents and attending them.
Enjoyable Home Health company with client centered approach
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Found JKV to be very client centered, staff and management helpful
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: the resident was very nice
Cons: breaks was not allowed for part time evenings
John Knox Village was a good facility to work. In the last year there has been some changes that affected the staff due to downsizing of the Dietary department.
Productive work place and it feels like family while you are employeed
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: free meals all day, the atmosphere with co-workers, bonus checks at the end of the year
Cons: non
Come into work start to mat trays and roll silverware. Make sure everything I would need once the line started was available at my station. Maybe 5 minutes before the line started I would dip up a few of each soups and proceed with placing each patient's ticket on the tray along with their silverware, condiments, and soup. once the line was over I would start the process over and prepare for the next meal. I also had to prepare cold plates and or cut fruits, cakes, and pies depending on what station I was working that day.
Productive and Fun day at John Knox Village
Stocked and cleaned assistant living/med center (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 30, 2014
My day was always busy but thats how work should be well for me i like to complete all my tasks within my 8 hour period. Working at John Knox Village has taught me alot value and appreciate people. This job wasnt hard unless you made it hard. I Loved my co-workers, supervisors and managers. I Worked with alot of older people they really gave me alot of knowledge on life.
Exciting and always worked like Clock work
Activities Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee), Orange City, FLAugust 2, 2014
Every hour is a new activity. Starting with the morning, breakfast is served and the newspaper must be read to them every morning. After its either a sing along, or some aerobics for the residents to feel active. Throughout the day there are usual some residents with their own family or with the nurses for either therapy or a daily check up. Other than that, the whole day is about having fun playing ball, creating some arts and crafts, birthday parties, and a move towards the end of the day. The whole job is very enjoyable because of meeting new people and learning who the residents are in a daily basis. The co-workers are as energetic as most of the residents and are very polite. The management is also great and easygoing, but always safe. the hardest part of the job is dealing with residents who can be hard to deal with because they can get physical. Over all, the work area is great and there is always something new everyday.
CNA
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Lees Summit, MOJuly 21, 2014
Pros: making my residents happy
Cons: always under staffed, no one will help when needed
Wake up 9-12 residents. Get them presentable for breakfast and take them to the cafeteria. Clean their rooms. Serve them breakfast and help feed some of them. Take them to activities or put them to bed/in their room. Give certain residents showers. Do the same thing for lunch and dinner.

Some of my co-workers were very nice but others were rude and refused to help me even though I never hesitated to help them.

I loved taking care of my residents and making their day. It was a very rewarding job.
the residents were very kind to us
laundry worker (Former Employee), Orange City, FLJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good people to work around
Cons: lazy managment that didn't care
good people to work with .co-workers all got along most of the time.
Alright
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 4, 2014
Back then pay sucks but now its better, patients to snobbish and get anyway with telling lies about you.
John knox is a full service life care community, where their residents comes firts
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), orange city, floridaJune 22, 2014
Pros: nursing apprciation week
Cons: sometime because it is so busy, have to take break late
I love what i do at John Knox, i work with a group of extraordinary ladies, we are all for team work, management is strict but fair, they keep the facility at a five star, the hardest part of my job is watching a resident die, after working with them for so many years, the most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on my residents face, and also my co-workers

1 2 3 4

About John Knox Village

At John Knox Village, we pride ourselves on being one of the premier active retirement communities in the nation. As such, we – Read more

John Knox Village Salaries