John Knox Village Employee Reviews in United States

fun, helpful environment.
Food Service/care of residents (Former Employee) –  Lees summit, MOJuly 27, 2016
Prepare and Deliver food to residents, escort to dining room. Learned virtues everyday. management was fun supportive, friendly. co workers were extremely caring. The hardest part was physical labor. enjoyed seeing smiles.
They work on education and ensuring staff know their skills and responsbilites
My title is Manger of Clinical services (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MoJuly 22, 2016
The pay for education and promote advancement. They have a good electronic medical record system. They provide education to all levels of staff. They promote home like environment and PRIDE in what you do.
Pros
they do pay for school for CMT, LPN, and RN
Cons
flexible schedules to handle various issues in management
i enjoyed everyday going to work.
Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 6, 2016
Productive, fun, friendly and loving place to work., with opportunity for growth. I enjoyed everyday going to work. The management and CEO of the company was very friendly. I built a relationship with the residents and they gave me something to look forward to on a daily basis. The hardest part about this job was not being able to say goodbye. Once my assignment ended that was it.
It Was Ok
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2016
This job was the worst job i ever had . Not for the ob but by the employees. The employees always argued with one another. You would think the managers had a say so in the arguments but they was mainly the ones arguing . I loved the company and the benefits but i wouldnt recommend this job to no one.
Benefits
Cons
Employees
awesome
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 24, 2016
great place to work even though i was there during my extern i love the enviroment and people nice caring people. and the residents are well toking care of.
Most incredible employer I have had!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXApril 6, 2016
I always enjoyed going to work with this company. We worked close as a team to provide or clients with the best care possible. The hardest part of this job is losing patients you become close to but on the other side of that the most enjoyable part of this job is providing your clients with happiness during in their last days.
Fun Place
Dispatcher/Resident Service (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 31, 2016
great place to work, you have job security and great benefits. Its more for people who are looking for a job to keep them busy. Great place for internship.
I would not recommend this job if you like doing the right thing for the elderly
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMarch 23, 2016
i was very proud to work at john knox village 10 years ago becuase it was all about the residents and doing the right thing for the residents. through the years it has become about the dollar. I have watched the residents become last. And my views on the management are better off not talked about.
Pros
developing relationships with the residents is very rewarding
Cons
no trust in the management or company policies
Great Learnng experience
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMarch 13, 2016
Surrounded by professionals willing to help. I worked here as a new nurse and found several excellent mentors. The hours where a bit rough for me. Good supportive environment to work in
Pros
excellent learning environment
Cons
Long schedules
i cleaned residents homes
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FLJanuary 2, 2016
I like working here I just feel like doing my best is never good enough. management is required to find something wrong with your work even if it is slightly wrong
Worked 60 hours, got paid for 30.
ADL Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 11, 2015
Treat you terrible, but expect you to above and beyond. Shout out to the woman who told me "Get out of here as fast as you can. Run." on my first day.
Family oriented
LPN (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FLNovember 15, 2015
John Knox is a family oriented facility. The time I've been employed there, I have grown into a better person and nurse. I deal with 28-30 patients on a daily basis and their families. In long term care, you can't help but build a report with the families. I usually have 4 CNAs I delegate to assist with ADL. The hardest part of my position is witnessing the lost of a patient.
Alot of Work but Alot of Education
Nurse Asst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 2, 2015
I have learned everything i know about CNA working at John Knox. It is the 3rd largest nursing facility in the country. Something is always going on and there is always something to learn there.
Okay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange City, FLOctober 12, 2015
Hours are great,but never enough staff. Benefits are fantastic! They have a huge roll around. They can't keep staff, in any department.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Never enough staff
My department has really cool people.
RN (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 4, 2015
The residents and co-workers are really nice. I always have a great time at work.
My manager can be a little difficult at times but I try not to let her bother me. She is passive aggressive so I just do what is required of me and ignore her behavior.
Pros
Free meal...
Cons
Constantly busy.
unorganized but secure
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJuly 21, 2015
On a typical day at work, there would be a lot of items missing from our stock so we would have to substitute a lot of the foods. Management would sometimes forget to order certain foods, therefore having to use food from another day and menu to make up for the food they forgot to order. Some of my co-workers were fast learners and some were hard to teach. The employees who've been there longest would have to train new employees as we work, so the days we trained new people, we would sometimes fall behind because all the food had to be prepped by a certain time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the shift flexibility.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons
organization, little pay, no benefits
Fun Work place
Dining Service, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 24, 2015
If you love to work with people and always willing to help, this will be a great job for you, very fun great benefits and loving residents
Good Company to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJune 7, 2015
Company takes great care of their clients. Surroundings are well kept and modern. There is an open line of communication between management and employees.
Pros
Great environment for the family and employees to work with
Cons
Benefits and pay
great benefits, nice people
laundry associate (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMay 20, 2015
At work by 6:30, distributing laundry throughout the building and back down stairs to reload cart and do it all again before I leave. I learned about how many people can fit in a nursing home in any giving day and what it's like to live in one everyday. Management was bare minimum at overseeing the day to day activities. Co- workers were friendly. Hardest part of the job was financial difficulties. Most enjoyable part was listening to the stories told by the wonderful patients that lived there.
Pros
good health insurance, restaurants, the patients
Cons
the pay
phone calls data entry
varies staffing (Former Employee) –  plantation flApril 29, 2015
i like it as well as the other jobs i had doing telemarketing and bookeeping also data entry answering phones.. birthdays are always fun they are friendly environment and lots of celebrations and prizes

2.9