John L. Scott Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
John L. Scott real Estate
Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 10, 2012
John L. Scott is the company I first started at in 2004. As an established Real Estate Brokerage it provided me the environment as a new broker to learn at my own pace yet still have high standards and expectations.
The Industry itself has undergone great changes with the Financial disaster that took place and made each of us adjust accordingly.
I enjoy the flexibility of a 'floating' 10 to 12 work day. You can choose 7am to 5pm or 12pm to 10pm. Depends on the work flow and what is taking place with your business.
Many of the other brokers in real estate have the same aspirations as you do; Friends, Family and Client Satisfaction.
Pros
flex time with family, satisfied clients
Cons
commision only
Learned a LOT of my basic computer skills there. Design on a computer had just gotten started.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 11, 2012
I had graduated WSU in '86 and this was my first design job. I learned what it was like to work for a real company for the first time. NOT student work for grades. My basic corporate/deadline/work skills started here.
Pros
got to get out for new construction
My very first job
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 30, 2013
I started out as the weekend receptionist and this was a good first job but out of my league. I didn't have the confidence I needed to work in a high-income/sales office like this, but I gained helpful insight and new information that has presented itself today.

4.3