John Lewis Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working there
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sun glassesMarch 2, 2017
When working in John Lewis I enjoyed working with the public and building relationships with the other staff and customers.
I would always work to a high standard.
I can work well in a team or on my own, and I will always ask for advice if I am unsure of anything.
Pros
Cons
Rude staff and customers
Ok place
Trainee installer (Current Employee) –  West quayAugust 29, 2016
Definate a face fits place. Good bonus scheme but change of hours and lack of developing make it's times harder work than it should be
Pros
Good bonus and pension
Cons
Lack of development
Unattainable expectations
Head Start Family Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fishersville, VAJuly 16, 2016
The FSA is the heart of the Head Start Program, the worker bee, responsible for making all the connections for families and students. The resources available for families in this area is phenomenal and making community connections was a definite highlight of this position. The families in the program were very appreciative of the FSA support, making home visits, trainings and events rewarding. The lack of communication within the program along with gaps in the internal systems of the program resulted in lots of confusion and made for conflicting priorities across management/leadership team.
Pros
Family Involvement/ CommunityResources
Cons
Micro Management/Lack of Communication
Very responsible person, will always show up for work
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 29, 2014
When I worked at this places I was always very busy, but love keeping busy. I learn there is all kinds of people in this world, with different back grounds that I learned to accept. Like our meetings with my supervisor and co worker, it was nice to get fed back on my caseloads, and I was always eager to learn different ways to deal with clients that refuse to do anything. The hardest part about my jobs were watching people hurt them self, and others. The best part of all my jobs was watching clients, becoming very successful in life
Pros
Like working with people
Cons
really none
Great place to work at
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beauty DepartmentMay 25, 2013
John Lewis is a well acknowleged business with maximum profits. During my contract, I learnt how to structure an effective work day and generous time allocation towards specific tasks I had to carry out. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of such a successful company, that treats it's employers (partners) with the greatest gratitude and respect.
Very Innovative workplace
Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ENGDecember 27, 2012
A very innovative environment.
I learnt how to adjust to a rapidly evolving environment and learning new things fast.
Management was incredible; very supportive and encouraged development and growth in employees.
Co-workers were very supportive and flexible.
Having to deal with high demands of knowledgeable customers.
When goals are met and customers are satisfied as well.
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
healthcare
Partnership
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  LondonFebruary 3, 2012
The partnership employment policy seeks to have equality amongst all members of staff regardless of their level. In reality its dependant on the individuals but the message is communicated.
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
not much scope for career development