JOHN MOORE SERVICES

JOHN MOORE SERVICES Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2017
John moore was a family orientated but only if you're a family member. They do not do annual reviews. Your hard work and dedication is not appreciated at all. They lay off people all the time. You have to beg for a raise. This place was a joke. Worst place ever. Management will throw you under the bus to get rid of you at the drop of a hat. Write ups all the time.No overtime
The owner tracks this himself.You will be hung if you go over. Employee outings are not paid by company. You pay for everything. .
Pros
Paid every Thursday
Cons
No annual reviews.
Very happy with John Moore,
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2017
every day is a different experience, could be a simple ac tune up to a repair, including driving across town to get parts, whatever it takes to take care of the customer,.. I learned that we must be ready to give 100% on a summer day to a winter day in order to give the proper service to our customers. I feel great to work work for a company that management is a phone call away from the field on what we need. The hardest part of the job is whenever for some reason we simply don't have the parts need or need to order, the most enjoyable is to take care of the customer on the spot on what they need from a simple repair to up to upgrade complete system....
Pros
Love the flexibility on the schedule and free time with family
Cons
I do wish that one day we get a better medical insurance for employees
Fantastic Company!
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Working for John Moore has been an absolute pleasure.
In today's world it's difficult to find a company that supports your efforts and is invested in your success, It's also difficult to find a company that makes you feel like you're part of a team, at John Moore you'll have this and more. The company is different because the management group from the top down knows who you are, It's unusual for a company of this size in this market/industry to say this.
Pros
Help is only a phone call away, The company isn't afraid of change as the environment around it changes
Cons
If you understand this industry it's difficult to come up with anything to be considered a true con.
Family oriented and amazing place!
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2017
I just want to take a few moments to give my review on my employer Johnmoore. I have been employed with johnmoore for 7 years and have had the opportunity to work in the Hvac/plumbing install department, Dispatch, and now part of the inside sales department. I am so blessed to be a part of this family oriented company. I can never be happier than to be part of this company and i plan and pray to continue to grow with them and to see what the future holds for me at johnmoore!
Pros
Best management ever! New uniforms, Potlucks, johnmoore hoilday gatherings
Cons
Need more vending machines for lunch room
John Moore is Great
Electrical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
John Moore is a great family atmoshphere! This is the only service company I have ever been involved with that has a 5 day work week and isn't trying to work technicians to death. The management team here is committed to serving our customer base and still getting the employees home to spend time with their family. We have an amazing group here that is willing to help and wants to see everyone succeed. I love being able to provide our customers with top notch service and having the company backing to take the time to assess their needs!
Family Oriented, Fun Atmosphere
Lead Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
John Moore is a fun family Oriented business that makes its employees feel like home from the first day of employment. The feeling you get as an employee when helping our customers leaves you with a wonderful working satisfaction at the end of the day. You are greeted daily by co workers who feel that also and it is contagious throughout.
Pros
Family Atmosphere, Career Advancement, Managment that cares about employees
Cons
None at this time.
Great people, great company that is not afraid of new ideas
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Every one I have met here has a good heart. Truly a rare find. Management is very accessible and open to new ideas and trying new things. Working here has been a breath of fresh air! Lots of fun employee events. I enjoy being a part of the John Moore family!
Pros
Employees treated with respect, Creative atmosphere, Family Friendly
Cons
The jingle will get stuck in your head.
Great family owned business
HVAC Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
At John Moore we are a part of a big family. We have continual training, daily motivation and support! My favorite part of working at John Moore are my co-workers. The knowledge and expertise we have as a company is outstanding. Our main objective is to always take care of our customers.
Pros
Family, teamwork, training
Cons
Fast-paced, fun, family company that truly cares
Chief Marketing Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2016
John Moore is a family-owned and operated business, with management that truly cares about professional and personal development. If you don't like hard work, aren't motivated, and can't handle a fast-paced and challenging atmosphere, then this isn't the company for you. But if you DO like these things, you will thrive. And you'll have fun! We're one big family.
Pros
Pot lucks, company outings, fun contests
Cons
Great company getting better every day!
Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxJanuary 26, 2017
I have worked here for a while. It has always been a great company and I am impressed and energized by the never-ending quest to get better and better. (Better training, better processes, better culture... etc.) Family owned business with a family culture.
Pros
Family culture, ability to grow and develop your skills, fast paced
hated JMS
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
my job description changed each time i clocked in but my pay stayed the same, they cut commission without telling us then asked us to do more work. they decide whether or not you deserve your commission based on how long u are on the phone with customers, any CSR knows that is evil. i need to help customers. not rush them off the phone so i can get my commission. So you can lose ur job for not helping a customer or lose ur money for taking too long.
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2017
CEO and family only care about the bottom line. Most of the 5 star reviews on this site are from the owners family and other top management. Don't be fooled.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Best working for yourself if you can
Lead HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2016
When I first started, I thought this company was grand. When I started running calls customers started pointing out what I was getting myself into, so, I slowly saw what they were talking about. Manager John would have these early morning meeting and would rudely get interrupted about going play golf after work. (Not a way to have a 6am meeting).. Payroll would ALWAYS be late on the check and miss out on the commission you sale.
Pros
Work to be done, Differnt trades
Cons
PAYROLL
Do not work here
Hvac Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2016
no hourly rate offered no matter where your experience is. If you are a salesman this is your job but if your a technician bypass this job for sure. the dispatchers are terrible and sometimes your waiting on calls for hours.
Pros
free ice maker
Cons
no hourly pay
Unique and refreshing
Master Plumber (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Overall its a great place to work. I dont think theres anywhere in the country where you get this much support and can make this kind of money. And it truly is a family oriented company.
lots of activity and opportunity
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2016
Always something going on, good ownership, forward thinking leadership always pushing to do things better for the customers and technicians.
Different from any other place
Customer Service Representative, Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2013
Working at john moore is very different from any other place that i've worked at. We make a base pay +commission salary which equals out to be about $18 average. This is pretty awesome considering the fact that I'm not selling hardly anything, just answering phones. However, the turnover rate is sky high. There is absolutely no job security. Someone could be fired for just about anything, as it is for the state of Texas. Overall, I don't mind working here. But I know that it is impossible to build senority with this company
Pros
big commission
Cons
no stability
Bad company to work for
Accts Receivables (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 30, 2014
Management is ridiculous and will never listen to employees. Company solely looking for more ways to cut corners and make more money regardless of the treatment and "valued" team members. When I was there no one wanted to be there. Many people overworked and underpaid. Promises of compensation to come but nothing ever came of it. Most trade mgrs were very nice and pleasant to work with but acct and payroll environments were horrible. Will never come back.
Pros
Some team value but not with mgmt
Cons
Mgmt sucks, compensation lacks, lies from mgmt
so terrible working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2016
They do not care about their employees, nor do they do anything to improve the working environment. Managers just uses the chatting system to hit on their employees.
A new management team focuses on growth for 2014
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2014
John Moore continues to improve internal processes designed to attract and retain potential employees. Our 2014 growth strategy highlights recruitment and retention policies already implemented. These improvements include:

Medical, Vision, and Dental
Supplementary Insurance
401k Retirement
Paid Vacation

These benefits are just a few of the many incentives available at John Moore for all employees. Apply today and join the team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JOHN MOORE SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9