JOHN MOORE SERVICES Employee Reviews in United States

No HR to address issues
IAQ/Duct Cleaning Department Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2015
The company has a very high turn over, and they are always laying off. The management team all work individually and not as team. They change Sr Managers every six months. No sick leave, and no human resource

Comment – November 20, 2015

John Moore in fact does have a Human Resources department and amazing payroll supervisor to address any employee concerns. I recently returned to John Moore Services and have found the Management team to be awesome. There are both tenured managers (some that were here when I left the company 3 years ago) and some new incredible leaders that have made John Moore one of Houston's best employers!

John Moore gave me lots of oppotunity to work with some of the best technicians in the field
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
The company had lots of opportunities and could provide a positive work environment. The management team struggled to meet the expectations of the owner. Instructions and direction were not always clear.
The company did an excellent job with their advertising campaign.
Pros
I liked the pace and volume of the comapny
Cons
Executing the owners vision.
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 4, 2015
John Moore Svcs was a great place to work all of the staff were very friendly and courteous. I learned a lot about the repair and installation of air-conditioning systems and also the recovery of freon and the different types.
Pros
one hour lunches.
Cons
no cons at john moore svcs i had a great time.
Pay was vey good
HVAC Installer/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Houston,TXOctober 22, 2014
Installed residential ac and heating equipment. The pay was good but they shorted your checks almost every week. Management was horrible, had a new one every two weeks
Pros
goodpay
Cons
treated employees poorly
Not meeting Employment guides lines
HVAC Sales and Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2014
The company never paid Hvac Technicians overtime.Company was short on every paycheck.Prolonged pay periods.Never receive full payment Technician worked for at the end of pay period eanings was always pushed off into the next following week and even then earnings were not paid in full.Walked away from this company
Pros
n/a
Cons
no breaks
Bad company to work for
Accts Receivables (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 30, 2014
Management is ridiculous and will never listen to employees. Company solely looking for more ways to cut corners and make more money regardless of the treatment and "valued" team members. When I was there no one wanted to be there. Many people overworked and underpaid. Promises of compensation to come but nothing ever came of it. Most trade mgrs were very nice and pleasant to work with but acct and payroll environments were horrible. Will never come back.
Pros
some team value but not with mgmt
Cons
mgmt sucks, compensation lacks, lies from mgmt
Great
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2014
It's always a great day at John Moore Services. We have some great techs and customer service people working here. So it makes for a fun day.
Good pay with great benefits and the ability to make more.
I enjoy helping our techs get to the jobs and supplying them with the info they need so they can do the job right.
Pros
good environment, great people
Cons
long days sitting
Fast paced and I love it
customer service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 28, 2014
I love working at John Moore. It is fast paced but the days fly by. I love helping others and everyday we get calls from people in real need. My co-workers make the day even better. Really nice, fun people.
Pros
great money, benefits with dental and 401k, constant training
Cons
not enough hours in the day
Great family oriented work place.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2014
Great, friendly people that understands others and give chances. I really appreciate John Moore for bringing me on with the company.
A new management team focuses on growth for 2014
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2014
John Moore continues to improve internal processes designed to attract and retain potential employees. Our 2014 growth strategy highlights recruitment and retention policies already implemented. These improvements include:

Medical, Vision, and Dental
Supplementary Insurance
401k Retirement
Paid Vacation

These benefits are just a few of the many incentives available at John Moore for all employees. Apply today and join the team!
I really enjoy working for John Moore
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  10005 West Sam Houston Parkway NorthMarch 11, 2014
My time here at JMS has done nothing but grown beneficial to me and my family. The people are great, the pay is awesome and there is constant training. If there is something that is needed, all you have to do is ask and it is granted.
Pros
the money
Cons
management turnover
Fun workplace with caring people!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2014
Excellent company where your ideas and skills are embraced and implemented. It is a family atmosphere and we all push toward the same goal.
Pros
unlimited earning potential, great compensation package and open-minded leadership team
Cons
fast pace
did not enjoy working here
Lead install (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2013
not much advancement. no pay raise or benefits. I left when I was asked to go on 24 hr call
Great Pay, But lack of management
Csr, Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxOctober 22, 2013
To many people were in charged at one time during regular hours, to many managers all trying to be in control, giving you different answers and assignments but never had a clear understanding of how things actually worked, after 5:30 most managers left leaving most employees on there own.
Pros
great pay
Cons
lack of managers after a certain time, managers would let personal issues effect daily work, call volume balance
Fun, family like work place.
Inside Sales/Finance/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2013
I have enjoyed my time at the company. They promote internal growth and have ongoing training.
not stable
Receptionist/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2013
Glad that I learned some HR department things, but not a very dependable place to work. the turn around is very bad. only lasted till after my 90 days and was told they had to eliminated my position and to go ahead and file unemployment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no breaks
Low pay for techs and they are overworked!!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2013
High pressure for sales and not a real concern for the customer. Customers are pressured to buy things that are not needed.
Pros
n/a
Cons
the vp has dimensia.
Fast paced work environment with some interesting people.
Warehouseman - Pulled (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of pulling parts for electrical and plumbing trucks,inventorying electrical and A/C trucks,recovering refrigerant,driving company trucks and installing A/C units.I learned a lot about electrical and plumbing parts and recovering refrigerant and installing A/C units.Management were highly qualified people.The co-workers I worked with were an assortment of characters.The hardest part of the job was working in hot attics.The best part of the job was learning about all the electrical and plumbing parts.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks anywhere i wanted to eat.
Cons
a few of the people i worked with weren't good people.
Very numbers oriented company does not value employees no loyalty
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2013
The company has a lot of potential to be a great company. They have had a lot of talented people work for them but under the current operations management that talent will never be able to flourish. The people with the talent see through the operations managements insecurities and inabilities which makes them a threat. In turn the company has a high turn over rate and they continue to recycle the same ideas over and over again. The best part of the job would have to be the coworkers. Everyone there wanted to do good by the company. The hours were ridiculous from 6 am until sometimes 10pm. I learned how not to treat employees and enjoyed the majority of the people that worked there.
Pros
can make a good paycheck and co workers
Cons
everything else
Different from any other place
Customer Service Representative, Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2013
Working at john moore is very different from any other place that i've worked at. We make a base pay +commission salary which equals out to be about $18 average. This is pretty awesome considering the fact that I'm not selling hardly anything, just answering phones. However, the turnover rate is sky high. There is absolutely no job security. Someone could be fired for just about anything, as it is for the state of Texas. Overall, I don't mind working here. But I know that it is impossible to build senority with this company
Pros
big commission
Cons
no stability

2.8