John Muir Health Employee Reviews

Team oriented place to work
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 29, 2017
I love what i do. Working at John Muir Health sets me up for success. Everyone is always in a good mood and are always willing to lend a helping hand.
Productive workplae
Medical Assistant / Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 20, 2017
Great work environment with excellent benefits.John Muir Health is committed to improve the health of the communities they serve with quality and compassion.
Magnet Hospital
Unit Secretary/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 18, 2017
Great Company, Great benefits. Great Staff team players. I spent over 16 years with John Muir, that's pretty impressive. Managers and Directors keep a close relationship with staff concerning ground level issues dealing with communication between staff. I left the company in pursuit of starting my own business.
Pros
positive workplace
Cons
difficult to say no to overtime
Wonderful place to work
Clinical Lab Scientist (Current Employee) –  Concord CaliforniaJune 5, 2017
Nice place to work. John Muir has received many awards for their excellent patient care and their cutting edge advances in medical treatment of their patients. John Muir is always monitoring itself and trying to find ways to improve.
Pros
Steady pay check.
absolutley Not
Phlebotomist / Lab Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 11, 2017
Phlebotomist supervisor should have never received the job knowing she was involved in a harassment with another employee while she was a phlebotomist. John Muir does not back their employees when they have a problem with management and that is very sad.
Excellent
Supervisor/Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 27, 2017
Typical workday went really fast. The culture is driven to provide the best clinical care possible. The company promotes growth and I have seen colleagues moved up to higher positions through hard work and dedication
Pros
Great benefits and room for growth
Cons
Corporate Medicine struggling with Bundled Payment structure.
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 2, 2017
I was told that I can treat a complex neurological case in 6 visits. Not only is this untrue, but it is not the manner in which I wish to practice physical therapy.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 27, 2017
John Muir Health, is a great establishing. Being apart of and entity such as John Muir can truly benefit you as a person and employee. I would recommend John Muir is a great place to grow and utilize skills.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Pay should be more
My Experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMarch 16, 2017
Management was horrible and never listened its employees. The pay was good. The teamwork was all screwed up. Employee's flirted with bosses to get their way and bullied other employee's.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Providing assistance to patience and staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 27, 2017
As a volunteer, I helped staff members wheel out patience after they were ready to leave. I helped arrange meals and assisted nurses in medications to be given. Part of my role as a volunteer also consisted of clerical work, arranging paperwork and separating each one for staff members etc.
Recent dramatic changes to work loads
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Recent changes in the past 2 years have created an unpleasant work environment. Unstable work environment. All employees within my unit had to reapply for positions that were held for more than 10 years. Some were not rehired, even though they were outstanding in their jobs.
Pros
Pay is very competative
Cons
Unstable.Uncertain work environment
Busy job and the postive attitudes of coworkers
SNIFF Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 19, 2017
costumer servies was the start of some days most of the time it was nice due to the feeling of gratitude of helping the customer with there needs as some were very greatful. move dept to sniff rep. check computer for errors and rebill with correct ins or pts info as needed. Call facilitys for pts DOE to bill correct ins for pts DOS as either the primary or secondary ins. Call mcare as needed for some pts as they may be longer term in a facility and need the ins billed for payment.
Pros
You felt like a team
Cons
dept sourced out
great place to work
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Amazing staff, excellent physicians and nurses. Always going above and beyond to make patients feel their best. This definitely is where I take my family for their care.
Nice staff, family oriented
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 30, 2016
The staff at John Muir are friendly but management can be quick to make judgements based on unconfirmed reports. It is all about the budget here. Otherwise, a great place to work.
Productive and fun to work directly with the Program Manager
Volunteer Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 28, 2016
The Program Manager asked me for my input to re-organizing the department and used my input to report to our Director.
It was amazing working here! I'm sad that I could not become a permanent employee.
Pros
Assisted with organizing the department
Cons
I was contracted for one and a half months
Preoccupation with Image
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 11, 2016
The Worst Employment Experience, I have Ever Had.

Between Upper Management and Workers, the Misconduct of the Departments, in retrospect, were not Well-Meaning.
Cons
Working together as a team to achieve a desired goal
Medical Administrative Assistant (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 10, 2016
The various places I have worked have been in a professional office environment where I performed various administrative duties. A typical day will include, screening phone calls, filing, data entering, maintaining clients electronic and manual records. I am just completing a 3 month internship as a medical administrative assistant, where i received a lot of training and gained a lot of experience specifically using EPIC, a well known patient management software. I am an outgoing, friendly, multilingual person who is able to build a rapport with my co-workers, managers and customers in a multicultural setting.
challenging and productive work flow
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 23, 2016
I worked in a physician office which was also an urgent care, so office hours varied from early morning to evening and weekends. Patients would already be lined up at the door before we opened and I had to make sure that they were registered and roomed in prep for the doctor. I had to triage patient's chief complaints and direct them to the appropriate facility if our doctors were not able to see them.I was the referral specialist and had to maintain authorization from patient's insurances before referring them to a specialist per our doctors request. My co-workers were fun and supportive, and we all felt confident in our work performance and management. We constantly had pharmaceutical reps come in and learned a lot about the prescriptions that we prescribed and offered to patients. The hardest part of this job was turning away patients that our practice could not help them with. The most enjoyable part of my job was developing relationships with patients. They knew that they could rely on our practice and always came back to us.
Pros
definitely free lunches daily from pharmaceutical reps, fun and supportive co-workers, room for growth and progress
Cons
upset patients of their expectations of our clinic for treatment
good job with excellent benefits and a great teaching ground
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 18, 2016
a typical day at work is me waxing and stripping floors.ive learned how to strip and wax a floor useing various waxes and i learned a skill that i will possess for the rest of my life.my immediate manager was the guy who took the time to show me how to wax properly and in doing so i was saving the department thousands of dollars sothey wouldd not have to have contractors come in a wax so he taught me this skill and over the years i perfected it. i was able to learn from my mistakes and keep my bosses happy with the quallity of work i was produceing.the hardest part of the job was that i had to do it all by my self.i would set up by myself ,wax by myself, and clean up the mess by myself, however i was the only employee out of 150 employees who took on the challenge of waxing and stripping because it was a very physical job.but the smiles on my bosses face when i made that floor shine made it all worth it.the most enjoyable part of the job is the thanks and gratitude i'd get when i turn an awful floor into and awesome floor.i was turning floors into mirrors by makeing them shine so hard.
Pros
learned a skill and perfected it, and it will be with me for life
Cons
no breaks on some days just to get floor done in a timely manner
Great Company
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 12, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Management is wonderful, and the employees are very helpful and care about those they help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Muir Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2