John Muir Health Employee Reviews in United States

your work experience depends on your department mgmt
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 2, 2015
I did not have a great experience at John Muir. Like a lot of hospitals, they rely on per diem employees to carry the workload without having to pay them benefits. Working 40 hours a week with no benefits, alongside full time employees doing the same job WITH benefits. Frustrating to say the least.
And while there are happy employees at John Muir, none of them worked in my department. I've never worked anywhere else with so many stressed out, unhappy, frustrated employees. Finally left for a job with benefits and respect.
Pros
good hourly wages, great co-workers
Cons
micro management, not enough benefitted positions
JMH Health
IT Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 21, 2015
Excellent benefits, little growth options
some good people i really enjoyed working with.
Good entry level job for clinical IT.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
red tape
good job with excellent benefits and a great teaching ground
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 18, 2016
a typical day at work is me waxing and stripping floors.ive learned how to strip and wax a floor useing various waxes and i learned a skill that i will possess for the rest of my life.my immediate manager was the guy who took the time to show me how to wax properly and in doing so i was saving the department thousands of dollars sothey wouldd not have to have contractors come in a wax so he taught me this skill and over the years i perfected it. i was able to learn from my mistakes and keep my bosses happy with the quallity of work i was produceing.the hardest part of the job was that i had to do it all by my self.i would set up by myself ,wax by myself, and clean up the mess by myself, however i was the only employee out of 150 employees who took on the challenge of waxing and stripping because it was a very physical job.but the smiles on my bosses face when i made that floor shine made it all worth it.the most enjoyable part of the job is the thanks and gratitude i'd get when i turn an awful floor into and awesome floor.i was turning floors into mirrors by makeing them shine so hard.
Pros
learned a skill and perfected it, and it will be with me for life
Cons
no breaks on some days just to get floor done in a timely manner
Satisfying and very customer centric
Information System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 17, 2015
Multitasking all day between projects, Production support and administrative duties.
Learned how to best mange my time and prioritize my work.
Created ADHOC reports to management on the financial data
Hardest part is to able to complete all the task in hand and in time
The most enjoyable part was the team and the people I worked with. Thy are smart and fun to work with
challenging and productive work flow
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 23, 2016
I worked in a physician office which was also an urgent care, so office hours varied from early morning to evening and weekends. Patients would already be lined up at the door before we opened and I had to make sure that they were registered and roomed in prep for the doctor. I had to triage patient's chief complaints and direct them to the appropriate facility if our doctors were not able to see them.I was the referral specialist and had to maintain authorization from patient's insurances before referring them to a specialist per our doctors request. My co-workers were fun and supportive, and we all felt confident in our work performance and management. We constantly had pharmaceutical reps come in and learned a lot about the prescriptions that we prescribed and offered to patients. The hardest part of this job was turning away patients that our practice could not help them with. The most enjoyable part of my job was developing relationships with patients. They knew that they could rely on our practice and always came back to us.
Pros
definitely free lunches daily from pharmaceutical reps, fun and supportive co-workers, room for growth and progress
Cons
upset patients of their expectations of our clinic for treatment
Excellent medical center
Transporter Lead Tech/Lift Team (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 21, 2016
John Muir is an excellent place to work whether you're in the medical field or not. The best part of the job is interacting with a wide array of people who are truly appreciative of your help.
Great Company
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 12, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Management is wonderful, and the employees are very helpful and care about those they help.
good place to work
EpicCare Ambulatory Build (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 7, 2016
very nice working environment, love the place. Great team work good benefits
overall a good experience
Turned way too corporate
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walnut CreekSeptember 4, 2013
I agree with the person who said this is a great place to work until you cross the wrong person. All my effort & extreme hard work was also not taken into consideration when I was terminated for something ridiculous. The company as a whole has become way too corporate & cares more about production & profit over patient care, despite their prominent billboards & tv commercials. Management is made up of mostly people who were lucky enough to know people that helped them secure their positions and most of them can be outperformed by their subordinates. Pay raises were ridiculous and breaks are rather discouraged. The company is going downhill for sure.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
everything else. especially management.
Positive, professional, productive and exciting work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 1, 2015
Amazing leadership team as well as staff that consistently aim to do their jobs at their best. Positive work environment where everyone treats each with respect and performs as a team.
Pros
Great staff, promotional opportunities and an excellent leadership team.
Excellent Team working environment, Wonderful Education
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Wonderful coworkers and I enjoyed my time there very much. Learned extensive and valuable experience. Cardiac Telemetry, Cardiac/Thoracic Surgical Patient care. As well as floating to other areas.
Great Team
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 7, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at John Muir Health. I love the people I work with and love my team. I learned a lot from working here.
Pros
Great People
Hard working group of people!
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 2, 2013
Typical day very busy from start to end. A variety of work load,not just doing the same thing all day long. I have gained so much knowledge in the Healthcare and Finance field in the years accrued at John Muir Health. The management was supportive.My co-workers were the best hard workers,also supportive. The hardest part of my job was man power. I felt like we need more hands for the work load. The most enjoyable part of my job was working for a great hospital that I believed in and still do.
benefits
Cons
paid time off bucket which consisted of: sick, holidays, vacations.
Loved what I did.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 19, 2015
I love being a phlebotomist/Lab assistant. Each day was a new challenge to me. New patients constantly challenged me to meet each individual's expectations, and to me, that was the most fun part of my day. I miss working with exceptional team members and I look forward to to getting back into the fray.
Healthcare costs crunch
Support Services (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 10, 2013
Management is making overly aggressive cuts to staffing, anticipating a reduction in revenues due to ACA. Suspect in a year or two, they will have a staff shortage instead.

Currently in a force reduction, health-system wide.

Employees that are staying are well compensated. Work/Life Balance will be poor. Management style is mixed depending on where you are.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
poor work/life balance for remaining staff
Fun place to work, very productive and friendly environment
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 23, 2014
A great place to work, Co-workers are fun, friendly and worked as a TEAM. Management is very supportive and always there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who shares the same passion, so work is fun and less stressful.
Pros
great health care benefits, friendly co-workers, good compensation
Productive, fast paced place to work
Senior Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 20, 2015
I found many pro's and con's. Pro's - lots of smart technical team members. Hours are reasonable for most. Some seem to work a lot of overtime. I didn't. Con's - Technical Operations didn't get enough support from executives, i.e. needed more team members to complete work.
Pros
Professional, lots of smart technical team members
Cons
Would like more collaboration between department managers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 12, 2015
Supportive work environment. Nurses work together to help with patient care. Nursing supervisors really listen to our concerns and do there best to help.
Efficient workplace
Medical Assistant Back Office (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 22, 2014
Experience is something you will obtain as a medical assistant for John Muir as the providers and office managers there heavily rely on their MA's to get through their day.
Pros
set schedules, great benefits at a lower cost
Cons
short staffed, hard to advance
Good Workplace unless you cross the wrong person
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 17, 2013
John Muir is a good Workplace unless you Happen to cross the wrong person. I liked working there for the most part. I learned how to interact with Pt's and coworkers. Unfortunately my manager didn't seem to take my hard work and reliability into count when he suspended me for something I didn't do, and wasn't really open to hear what I had to say about the issue.
Pros
good pay and benefits.
Cons
short breaks, short lunches.

4.3