John Muir Health Employee Reviews

Great Team
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 7, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at John Muir Health. I love the people I work with and love my team. I learned a lot from working here.
Pros
Great People
Excellent Team working environment, Wonderful Education
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Wonderful coworkers and I enjoyed my time there very much. Learned extensive and valuable experience. Cardiac Telemetry, Cardiac/Thoracic Surgical Patient care. As well as floating to other areas.
Satisfying and very customer centric
Information System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 17, 2015
Multitasking all day between projects, Production support and administrative duties.
Learned how to best mange my time and prioritize my work.
Created ADHOC reports to management on the financial data
Hardest part is to able to complete all the task in hand and in time
The most enjoyable part was the team and the people I worked with. Thy are smart and fun to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 12, 2015
Supportive work environment. Nurses work together to help with patient care. Nursing supervisors really listen to our concerns and do there best to help.
JMH Health
IT Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 21, 2015
Excellent benefits, little growth options
some good people i really enjoyed working with.
Good entry level job for clinical IT.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
red tape
Loved what I did.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 19, 2015
I love being a phlebotomist/Lab assistant. Each day was a new challenge to me. New patients constantly challenged me to meet each individual's expectations, and to me, that was the most fun part of my day. I miss working with exceptional team members and I look forward to to getting back into the fray.
Positive, professional, productive and exciting work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 1, 2015
Amazing leadership team as well as staff that consistently aim to do their jobs at their best. Positive work environment where everyone treats each with respect and performs as a team.
Pros
Great staff, promotional opportunities and an excellent leadership team.
Productive, fast paced place to work
Senior Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 20, 2015
I found many pro's and con's. Pro's - lots of smart technical team members. Hours are reasonable for most. Some seem to work a lot of overtime. I didn't. Con's - Technical Operations didn't get enough support from executives, i.e. needed more team members to complete work.
Pros
Professional, lots of smart technical team members
Cons
Would like more collaboration between department managers
your work experience depends on your department mgmt
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 2, 2015
I did not have a great experience at John Muir. Like a lot of hospitals, they rely on per diem employees to carry the workload without having to pay them benefits. Working 40 hours a week with no benefits, alongside full time employees doing the same job WITH benefits. Frustrating to say the least.
And while there are happy employees at John Muir, none of them worked in my department. I've never worked anywhere else with so many stressed out, unhappy, frustrated employees. Finally left for a job with benefits and respect.
Pros
good hourly wages, great co-workers
Cons
micro management, not enough benefitted positions
fun
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  housekeepingApril 9, 2015
a lot of good people I have come across. Many different experiences helped me grow as a person and realize how to take care of responsibilities first.
Pros
a lot of potlucks
Cons
having to work night shift and school
A Real family
Custodian, Sister Alice's Feeding Program (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 1, 2015
So to say but "True Confidentiality Is A Must" . I respect Confidentiality and the support of being a TRUE Loyalist to a place of employment that treats you as a member instead of an outsider.
Pros
love the people
Cons
it was a placement pros short contract
Professional, integrity, cared about employees
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 21, 2014
Phlebotomy, collecting sputum, stool, urine, specimen processing, providing excellent customer service,solved problems, took care of irate patients and complaintsl, assist in updating policy and procedure manuals, involved on work committee, new employee training, for 3 Out Patient Service Centers
great benefits, overall great company
Patient Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 17, 2014
overall a great company with great benefits especially for full time working college students
Very promising place to have a career
Health Information Management Clerk II (Current Employee) –  walnut creek caNovember 10, 2014
A Great Place to work. The company takes care of their workers as well as their patients.
Efficient workplace
Medical Assistant Back Office (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 22, 2014
Experience is something you will obtain as a medical assistant for John Muir as the providers and office managers there heavily rely on their MA's to get through their day.
Pros
set schedules, great benefits at a lower cost
Cons
short staffed, hard to advance
I really liked my co-workers
P.M. Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 26, 2014
Sometimes the pace was fast, but there was a great support network.
My fellow employees were all great to work with, like a family.
Great dedicated team to work with
Worksite Health & Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 23, 2014
John Muir Health is an exceptional company that really does care about their patients and clients. I am very proud to be representing this company to enrich the lives of the community.
Pros
different worksites, varied environments.
Cons
not many functions to participate in.
Most enjoyable job
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 8, 2014
Best job working as a project manager in technical services due to the team members in department and products provided. Great management.
Pros
didn't have to travel, close to home
Cons
no advancement track
training doctors and Nurses
Epic Care consultant (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 24, 2014
Trained doctors, Mas, Nurses, and clerical staff 1:1 with
documentation for implemented processes
Delegated suggestions and duties to other team members regarding opportunities for
improvement in work-related tasks and processes. I Facilitated the understanding of the schedule, treatment plans and therapy plan while affectively defining each folder and their functions. Responsible for ensuring the nurses how to properly chart infusions.
Fun place to work, very productive and friendly environment
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 23, 2014
A great place to work, Co-workers are fun, friendly and worked as a TEAM. Management is very supportive and always there to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who shares the same passion, so work is fun and less stressful.
Pros
great health care benefits, friendly co-workers, good compensation

4.2