John Muir Health Employee Reviews

Highly stressful, overworked, no improvement in job culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 11, 2017
This company will not hire replacement employees at this time. Many employees have moved on, while the workload just increases for the current employees.
Value culture of caring
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 8, 2017
Diverse opportunity for development. Treats employees well. Listens to their concerns and provide guidance and leadership. Allows for employees to develop strong relationships with clients and provide the necessary tools to perform their jobs.
Great Hospital
Pathology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 6, 2017
I have 15 years of experience as a Pathology Assistant working at John Muir. I would like to take all of my knowledge and experience that I gained working at John Muir to another company.
Ok company to work
Desktop Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 15, 2017
Typical day consist of working ticket queue, image PC/Laptop, troubleshoot network hardware problems, workplace environment is good. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with good and fun people and good management.
Decent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 26, 2017
Have worked here for 6 years now. Overall, one of the better health systems I've worked for. Management/Leadership is a bit top heavy and lots of office politics, but in general a good place to work.
unit Secretary
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 9, 2017
I am a former employer of a hospital for 24 years. the hospital I worked for had excellent patient care. culture, workplace, great place to work.As a unit secretary and a transporter as well as working in Nutrition Services a typical work day was very busy and multi tasking
I enjoy talking to the patients and making them feel good and help as much as I can for speedy recovery. I am very flexible with hours.
I have learned that patients come first and that you have to love your job and I do.
Management was good and work with you if you had issues.
Team oriented place to work
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 29, 2017
I love what i do. Working at John Muir Health sets me up for success. Everyone is always in a good mood and are always willing to lend a helping hand.
Productive workplae
Medical Assistant / Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 20, 2017
Great work environment with excellent benefits.John Muir Health is committed to improve the health of the communities they serve with quality and compassion.
Magnet Hospital
Unit Secretary/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 18, 2017
Great Company, Great benefits. Great Staff team players. I spent over 16 years with John Muir, that's pretty impressive. Managers and Directors keep a close relationship with staff concerning ground level issues dealing with communication between staff. I left the company in pursuit of starting my own business.
Pros
positive workplace
Cons
difficult to say no to overtime
Wonderful place to work
Clinical Lab Scientist (Current Employee) –  Concord CaliforniaJune 5, 2017
Nice place to work. John Muir has received many awards for their excellent patient care and their cutting edge advances in medical treatment of their patients. John Muir is always monitoring itself and trying to find ways to improve.
Pros
Steady pay check.
absolutley Not
Phlebotomist / Lab Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 11, 2017
Phlebotomist supervisor should have never received the job knowing she was involved in a harassment with another employee while she was a phlebotomist. John Muir does not back their employees when they have a problem with management and that is very sad.
Excellent
Supervisor/Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 27, 2017
Typical workday went really fast. The culture is driven to provide the best clinical care possible. The company promotes growth and I have seen colleagues moved up to higher positions through hard work and dedication
Pros
Great benefits and room for growth
Cons
Corporate Medicine struggling with Bundled Payment structure.
Staff Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 2, 2017
I was told that I can treat a complex neurological case in 6 visits. Not only is this untrue, but it is not the manner in which I wish to practice physical therapy.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 27, 2017
John Muir Health, is a great establishing. Being apart of and entity such as John Muir can truly benefit you as a person and employee. I would recommend John Muir is a great place to grow and utilize skills.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Pay should be more
My Experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAMarch 16, 2017
Management was horrible and never listened its employees. The pay was good. The teamwork was all screwed up. Employee's flirted with bosses to get their way and bullied other employee's.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Providing assistance to patience and staff
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 27, 2017
As a volunteer, I helped staff members wheel out patience after they were ready to leave. I helped arrange meals and assisted nurses in medications to be given. Part of my role as a volunteer also consisted of clerical work, arranging paperwork and separating each one for staff members etc.
Recent dramatic changes to work loads
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Recent changes in the past 2 years have created an unpleasant work environment. Unstable work environment. All employees within my unit had to reapply for positions that were held for more than 10 years. Some were not rehired, even though they were outstanding in their jobs.
Pros
Pay is very competative
Cons
Unstable.Uncertain work environment
Busy job and the postive attitudes of coworkers
SNIFF Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 19, 2017
costumer servies was the start of some days most of the time it was nice due to the feeling of gratitude of helping the customer with there needs as some were very greatful. move dept to sniff rep. check computer for errors and rebill with correct ins or pts info as needed. Call facilitys for pts DOE to bill correct ins for pts DOS as either the primary or secondary ins. Call mcare as needed for some pts as they may be longer term in a facility and need the ins billed for payment.
Pros
You felt like a team
Cons
dept sourced out
great place to work
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Amazing staff, excellent physicians and nurses. Always going above and beyond to make patients feel their best. This definitely is where I take my family for their care.
Nice staff, family oriented
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 30, 2016
The staff at John Muir are friendly but management can be quick to make judgements based on unconfirmed reports. It is all about the budget here. Otherwise, a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at John Muir Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2