John Muir Health Employee Reviews

Productive and fun to work directly with the Program Manager
Volunteer Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 28, 2016
The Program Manager asked me for my input to re-organizing the department and used my input to report to our Director.
It was amazing working here! I'm sad that I could not become a permanent employee.
Pros
Assisted with organizing the department
Cons
I was contracted for one and a half months
Preoccupation with Image
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 11, 2016
The Worst Employment Experience, I have Ever Had.

Between Upper Management and Workers, the Misconduct of the Departments, in retrospect, were not Well-Meaning.
Cons
Working together as a team to achieve a desired goal
Medical Administrative Assistant (Intern) (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 10, 2016
The various places I have worked have been in a professional office environment where I performed various administrative duties. A typical day will include, screening phone calls, filing, data entering, maintaining clients electronic and manual records. I am just completing a 3 month internship as a medical administrative assistant, where i received a lot of training and gained a lot of experience specifically using EPIC, a well known patient management software. I am an outgoing, friendly, multilingual person who is able to build a rapport with my co-workers, managers and customers in a multicultural setting.
challenging and productive work flow
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 23, 2016
I worked in a physician office which was also an urgent care, so office hours varied from early morning to evening and weekends. Patients would already be lined up at the door before we opened and I had to make sure that they were registered and roomed in prep for the doctor. I had to triage patient's chief complaints and direct them to the appropriate facility if our doctors were not able to see them.I was the referral specialist and had to maintain authorization from patient's insurances before referring them to a specialist per our doctors request. My co-workers were fun and supportive, and we all felt confident in our work performance and management. We constantly had pharmaceutical reps come in and learned a lot about the prescriptions that we prescribed and offered to patients. The hardest part of this job was turning away patients that our practice could not help them with. The most enjoyable part of my job was developing relationships with patients. They knew that they could rely on our practice and always came back to us.
Pros
definitely free lunches daily from pharmaceutical reps, fun and supportive co-workers, room for growth and progress
Cons
upset patients of their expectations of our clinic for treatment
good job with excellent benefits and a great teaching ground
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMay 18, 2016
a typical day at work is me waxing and stripping floors.ive learned how to strip and wax a floor useing various waxes and i learned a skill that i will possess for the rest of my life.my immediate manager was the guy who took the time to show me how to wax properly and in doing so i was saving the department thousands of dollars sothey wouldd not have to have contractors come in a wax so he taught me this skill and over the years i perfected it. i was able to learn from my mistakes and keep my bosses happy with the quallity of work i was produceing.the hardest part of the job was that i had to do it all by my self.i would set up by myself ,wax by myself, and clean up the mess by myself, however i was the only employee out of 150 employees who took on the challenge of waxing and stripping because it was a very physical job.but the smiles on my bosses face when i made that floor shine made it all worth it.the most enjoyable part of the job is the thanks and gratitude i'd get when i turn an awful floor into and awesome floor.i was turning floors into mirrors by makeing them shine so hard.
Pros
learned a skill and perfected it, and it will be with me for life
Cons
no breaks on some days just to get floor done in a timely manner
Great Company
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 12, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Management is wonderful, and the employees are very helpful and care about those they help.
good place to work
EpicCare Ambulatory Build (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 7, 2016
very nice working environment, love the place. Great team work good benefits
overall a good experience
Excellent medical center
Transporter Lead Tech/Lift Team (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 21, 2016
John Muir is an excellent place to work whether you're in the medical field or not. The best part of the job is interacting with a wide array of people who are truly appreciative of your help.
Great Team
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 7, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at John Muir Health. I love the people I work with and love my team. I learned a lot from working here.
Pros
Great People
Excellent Team working environment, Wonderful Education
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Wonderful coworkers and I enjoyed my time there very much. Learned extensive and valuable experience. Cardiac Telemetry, Cardiac/Thoracic Surgical Patient care. As well as floating to other areas.
Satisfying and very customer centric
Information System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 17, 2015
Multitasking all day between projects, Production support and administrative duties.
Learned how to best mange my time and prioritize my work.
Created ADHOC reports to management on the financial data
Hardest part is to able to complete all the task in hand and in time
The most enjoyable part was the team and the people I worked with. Thy are smart and fun to work with
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 12, 2015
Supportive work environment. Nurses work together to help with patient care. Nursing supervisors really listen to our concerns and do there best to help.
JMH Health
IT Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 21, 2015
Excellent benefits, little growth options
some good people i really enjoyed working with.
Good entry level job for clinical IT.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
red tape
Loved what I did.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 19, 2015
I love being a phlebotomist/Lab assistant. Each day was a new challenge to me. New patients constantly challenged me to meet each individual's expectations, and to me, that was the most fun part of my day. I miss working with exceptional team members and I look forward to to getting back into the fray.
Positive, professional, productive and exciting work environment.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAOctober 1, 2015
Amazing leadership team as well as staff that consistently aim to do their jobs at their best. Positive work environment where everyone treats each with respect and performs as a team.
Pros
Great staff, promotional opportunities and an excellent leadership team.
Productive, fast paced place to work
Senior Project Manager (contract) (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 20, 2015
I found many pro's and con's. Pro's - lots of smart technical team members. Hours are reasonable for most. Some seem to work a lot of overtime. I didn't. Con's - Technical Operations didn't get enough support from executives, i.e. needed more team members to complete work.
Pros
Professional, lots of smart technical team members
Cons
Would like more collaboration between department managers
your work experience depends on your department mgmt
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 2, 2015
I did not have a great experience at John Muir. Like a lot of hospitals, they rely on per diem employees to carry the workload without having to pay them benefits. Working 40 hours a week with no benefits, alongside full time employees doing the same job WITH benefits. Frustrating to say the least.
And while there are happy employees at John Muir, none of them worked in my department. I've never worked anywhere else with so many stressed out, unhappy, frustrated employees. Finally left for a job with benefits and respect.
Pros
good hourly wages, great co-workers
Cons
micro management, not enough benefitted positions
fun
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  housekeepingApril 9, 2015
a lot of good people I have come across. Many different experiences helped me grow as a person and realize how to take care of responsibilities first.
Pros
a lot of potlucks
Cons
having to work night shift and school
A Real family
Custodian, Sister Alice's Feeding Program (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 1, 2015
So to say but "True Confidentiality Is A Must" . I respect Confidentiality and the support of being a TRUE Loyalist to a place of employment that treats you as a member instead of an outsider.
Pros
Love the people
Cons
It was a placement pros short contract
Professional, integrity, cared about employees
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CADecember 21, 2014
Phlebotomy, collecting sputum, stool, urine, specimen processing, providing excellent customer service,solved problems, took care of irate patients and complaintsl, assist in updating policy and procedure manuals, involved on work committee, new employee training, for 3 Out Patient Service Centers

4.2