John Q. Hammons Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

If you need a job until you find a better one...
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAOctober 7, 2017
When I went in to interview the Assistant Front desk Manager was talking on his cellphone at the front desk. This was the culture I walked into. I was able to better those types of behaviors in the team. Upper management was often MIA if you n
Nice company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2017
Nice company no complaints. It is a really good company to work for. It good for any young or senior professional to grow and learn. It supports internal advancements for employees.
Productive Environment
Chateau on the Lake (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOMay 20, 2017
Productive work environment that gives you all the necessities you need to be successful. Great experience and great place to begin your career, if that's what you are after.
You must fit their "click"
Event/Banquet staff (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 9, 2017
Alot of staff are either drug users or alcoholics...seriously. You will also witness this on the job. I have held events there as well as later in life worked there and found this to be the case. If you report it to either management or to headquarters you will be harassed and released from your job. I was literally told that I did not fit into their culture!
Pros
Great customers and benefits
Cons
Poor unprofessional management and staff
John Q Hammons Hotels & Resorts
Asst. GM / F&B (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 6, 2017
Overall a great company to be a part of. Only improvement would be better training availability. Very fair with associates and managers. Advancement opportunities are great.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Training
I liked this job.
Complimentary Beverage Utility (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 23, 2016
I was only looking for 15 to 20 hours a week. At the time they were short handed. Mgr. wanted more, this mgr. left shortly after me. So I can not give any stars there. There was lots of job security. Hardest part of the job cleaning up top to bottom, to do properly takes more than an hour on the weekends. The more enjoyable, interacting with guests, they come for all over the earth. Bonus, I got paid to talk to people, take care of drinks & snacks, to lift weights and walk!
Pros
Interacting with guests. Got my 10, 000+ steps in too.
Cons
Time restrictive to get all the work that needs to be done.
Great Direct Level Management, Flexible Schedules
Housekeeping Utility - Lobby Attendant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 2, 2015
The Direct Level, departmental managers at JQH have been great. They have been super flexible and relatable, and you can tell they care about their employees. Compensation could definitely use some evaluation, as the positions don't pay as well as they should.