John Wesley Villas

John Wesley Villas Employer Reviews

Ran all daily operations and managed staff of about 40
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Savannah, GAApril 14, 2014
*was responsible for Grounds, kitchen, activities, occupancy
*learned so much about elder care from assisting them to medicines, and keeping a balance with the needs of the facility
*hardest part was when a person passed
*the most enjoyable was the residents most with such a zest for life with stories from the past that you will not read in any history book
very productive
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: helping residents
Cons: n/a
My typical day is to call patients back and ask them their medical history, change of any medications, change of pharmacy, performing EKG'S if needed, checking blood glucose to some residents. I have learned how to preform the VAT test,allergy testing,and POCT testing. The hardest part of my job was knowning that the patients were very sick.The most enjoyable part of my job is to let the patients know i am concern and really want to help them with their medical care.
good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: a little boring
i enjoyed working here, wasnt as challenging , but overall a good job
Great Residents, yet bad pay
Resident Care Assistant (Current Employee), Savannah, GaMarch 6, 2013
Pros: residents are all extremely friendly and help ease the environment of work
Cons: not nearly enough pay for the hard labor we do.
A typical day at work consist of cleaning 4 resident rooms. After cleaning rooms we begin to prepare for dinner. After dinner we give the residents that need our assistance help into bed or assist them with daily hygiene. The hardest part of the job is the unfairness between the shifts. The shift I worked (3-11 pm) always seemed to get it the hardest because we are the shift of all new workers( >1 yr). So our shift gets less pay then all the other shifts which I think is entirely unjust if were doing double the work.
working with all the resident
Dietary Cook (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 31, 2012
Pros: i learned alot more about how to prepare certain foods.
Cons: you didnt get a break if you took a break you would get behind.
When i took the job i didn't realize that they prepare foods for the pufrom this jobblic, churchs, Doctors, mainly for different functions,when i took that job some coworkers thought i wouldn't make it a week but i worked for this company for 2 years. it was a challange but it was one i learned from. I really learned alot from this job.