Johnny Rockets Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place.
Server (Current Employee) –  3131 M street NW, Washington, DC 20007January 20, 2018
A typical work day at Johnny Rockets is steady and exciting, I had already had experience in a fast paced work environment, but as you know every establishment is different. My managers are awesome, they treat employees and customers with the upmost respect. Johnny Rockets is diverse cultured. The hardest part of the job is usually choosing who wants to go home when its slow but yet the most enjoyable part other than the laughter and smiles throughout the day.
Pros
50 % Off On Meals
Cons
A slow day.
productive and fun place to work.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJanuary 19, 2018
A typical day at Johnny rockets was fast paced and fun. I loved my co workers and I loved the job it was a great place to work. I loved the environment that It was a 50 style diner.
Pros
free lunches fun environment
Cons
healthcare
new experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 19, 2018
it can be stressful at times because of customers but manager is chill, and tries to go along your schedule. dont stress too much about customers at the end of the day theyre still paying
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay
Fun workplace due to management and coworkers
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 15, 2018
When I worked at Johnny Rockets it was mostly high school students, including myself at the time, so we would joke around & eventually we came together as a family . Working there didn’t really seem like work but just something i enjoyed doing while getting paid .
Not Even Customers
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lackawanna County, PAJanuary 5, 2018
During my time, Johnny Rockets rarely had a full house of customers. There were days I would leave with $8 in my pocket. Management was friendly, but had their favorites. Chefs were okay but would swear openly (in an open ringed kitchen). Not worth it.
fun
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 1, 2018
it is a fun, fast paced place to work for
you get discounts on your lunch or dinner
every one got along
and we all cared about each other
the upper level management was easy to talk to
Pros
free lunch
It was great to work there.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 1, 2018
I had a great time working here. The food benefits were very good. I also enjoyed that the family got a discount as well. Waitering was fun to do as well as bussing.
Horrible Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDDecember 31, 2017
wouldn't recommend working here to anybody I know, poor management staff they don't really care about the workers just work you to death as if you have no life.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no breaks, pays every 2 weeks
Productive and fun place to work
FDR (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLDecember 28, 2017
I liked working at johnny rockets, a typical day at work would consist of me attending costumers, or making shakes. At times it was a rush because we would a full house, but I had good coworkers who would help me out. In this job I learned that I am a fast learner, also that teamwork is important.I don't think this job was hard because I was able to learn fast. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning how to make shakes. Management was great, they made me feel welcomed at all times.
Pros
Good pay
Jr's
Shift Leader/Server (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYDecember 27, 2017
First serving job taught me a lot, met great people, enjoyed listening to music that could take you to a time to fantasize about. There are times where you have to stop and dance, probably some of my favorite times.

Want to know more about Johnny Rockets?

Ask a question
excelente clima laboral
Retail cashier / Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
excelente clima labora, personas amigables y carismáticas,
Pros
clima laboral
Cons
clima friolento
good place good food
Cook (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 24, 2017
i like working there sometimes it hard sometimes it eazy a day there usually consists of cooking cleanin bad stuff about it it second shift is always late so i get stuck working later noone usually says anything so it just goes on vut typically its a good job
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad managment
High stress, fast paced environment
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 17, 2017
Johnny Rockets in Kent, WA has a very high stress, fast moving environment where you will be the host as well as server. Tips are divided by table/server, not pooled. In this specific location, we had/have many mechanical/plumbing issues. Some of which have not been attended to for some time and have been a health/safety risk. Management is rarely present. Generally exclusively part-time employment. Employees get a 50% discount on food ONLY while on shift, and a 20% while off shift. No other employment benefits unless hired full time. Only occasionally closed for holidays, no extra holiday pay. No overtime.
Pros
50% discount while on shift, tips
Cons
Many health/safety risks, high stress, few benefits, open most holidays
great first job for entry level customer service
SERVER/SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 16, 2017
started at Johnny Rockets when I was seventeen in High School, I stayed on as a server for a year and was promoted to a shift manager when I was eighteen. as a shift manager I was able to serve which was nice, I always had the most money of anyone my age but I was taken advantage of for my hard work.
Pros
schedules
Cons
management
Cool
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJDecember 5, 2017
Good work environment, slow at time but during busy season it is very fast paced. Great job for students, they work with your schedule. Can make good money if you hustle
Busy but fun work place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 5, 2017
Johnny Rockets is laid back during the week, but once Friday and Saturday role around, people fight to work those hours. Johnny Rockets is an old fashioned place, meaning that a lot of familiar faces come in. Johnny Rockets workers all get along, we all loved working with one another.
Pros
Half off meals
Cons
not enough hours
Fun and fast paced environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDDecember 3, 2017
I worked at a Johnny Rockets location at a football stadium. You HAD to keep constantly moving, but as long as you hydrate and get sleep before work you should be able to keep up after doing it for a minute. The constant work makes the day fly by. The food was amazing and we were provided free lunch before we started working. We were allowed to take food home sometimes. I loved the people I worked with and I would definitely work here again.
Pros
Free lunch, good part time money, fast paced, good food
Cons
Hot in the summer, needed a more sanitary dish sink, needed more cleaning supplies, long hours sometimes
Friendly staff, low hours and pay
Intern-part time: kitchen assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 30, 2017
Staff is nice and friendly but work itself was strenuous and everyday staff members were coming and going. Occasionally, there would be a lot of yelling in the back, which is understandable on busy days.
Though the tone and atmosphere of the place was easy going and fun, the work itself was demanding, and the vibe was simply "if you don't like the job, there's the door."
Expect a smiling coworker that will tell you what to do but complain if you do the slightest mistake.
Hours get cut every day from everyone to make room for newer staff members, while older members tend to leave.
Management itself is lacking as things get broken weekly with minimal repair efforts.

In the end, you get paid for what you do, and while the staff smiles on the outside, expect to feel dead on the inside just so the boss can be happy, and we can earn that tip from the customers.
Pros
occasionally free food, good tips
Cons
low hours and pay, poor management, stressful environment
Productive and very laid back
Server (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VANovember 28, 2017
A typical day at Johnny Rockets consists of taking orders and serving food. Behind the scenes waitress' had to take care of dishes, make milkshakes, clean windows, bathrooms, and sweep and mop. Management was decent. The workplace culture of Johnny Rockets was pretty good, we became a family. The hardest part of my job was cooks making errors and it reflecting on the tips I recieved. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to interract with lots of customers and being able to get such a close bond with my co-workers.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Short breaks; complaints from errors of the cook
Very Fasted paced in the summer to fall, slower in the winter till march.
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2017
A typical work day is get there at 9 start of by restocking everything like the liquid eggs and breakfast sandwiches or cleaning everything such as sweeping and mopping or changing the ice and Sanitizer buckets.By then the breakfast rush hits and we get busy. There is not much of a slow period. after the breakfast rush we quickly have to start lunch change over, and we do this quickly because the lunch rush hits immediately after breakfast rush. We are sent on breaks exactly one hour after we clock in.
Pros
not much
Cons
fast paced for those who arent fast.