Johnny Rockets Employee Reviews in United States

Customer orientated
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 2, 2016
Working as a server and team leader I was able to reap the benefits of learning new skills that provide a great step into the work force and nurture customer relationships.
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
positive and hard working
Lead employee (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAApril 26, 2016
my review at working a johnny rockets is Hard working we are dedicated to work and have fun, also helping our costumers very happy.
Great job with even better coworkers. Amazing food included
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJApril 2, 2016
Its always a great at any Johnny Rockets Corporate location. They train their workers to bring a positive attitude to work everyday, and the work environment is always exuberant.
Pros
Great salary with opportunities for advancement
Cons
Always busy, rare break time
Johnny Rockets
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 22, 2016
Best work experience I have had yet. I absolutely loved working there. Great relationships, excellent management, and a lot of fun.
great atmosphere!
Shift manager (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYMarch 17, 2016
The employees made the atmosphere with all the hellos, goodbyes, and dancing. I learned how to delegate, do inventory, and how to take care of guest compliants in this position.
redskins football season
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDFebruary 29, 2016
A typical day at Johnny Rockets I greeted customers, cleaned, rung customers orders up. I would help do the counts at the end of the night.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
you only work during football season
Loved the atmosphere.
Server (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day went by fairly quickly if it was busy... But, as soon as one person made a mistake everything would go downhill for every server. I learned a lot about serving there and I will always feel confident doing so. Management was Great, other than one but thats okay because all the others were very helpful and calm. The hardest part of the job was being good at your job and having to do others work if you planned on getting out on time. The most enjoyable part was of course... the food!
Fun Work Place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2016
Work place was very homey and the staff are so friendly. It was nice serving the families that came in to eat. I loved the location as well, it's so nice traveling into DC.
Pros
Tips
Cons
A lot of slow times
Best first job experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, WAFebruary 21, 2016
This was my first job and the experience was amazing! The manager and supervisors were phenomenal, very motivational and taught me how to achieve my work goals for the day in the most efficient manner. My co-workers were always understanding and drama free. The work place was family orientated and treated every guest with respect.
The crew made it feel as if it wasn't a job environment.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 21, 2016
I loved working day, except when I would close because I would do a lot of dirty cleaning. I am also glad that I got to meet the people I met there and to create bonds that I thought I would never make with coworkers. The easiest part of my job was to provide good customer service while working (multitasking), and the hardest part would be try and keep up with demanding customers during the holidays.
Pros
50% meal off.
Cons
Short breaks.
Productive work place
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 19, 2016
Working at Johnny Rockets I've learned to work under a lot pressure, especially when I used to work until 4 in the morning and dealing with different attitude from coworkers to customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was dancing to our customers, they enjoyed it very much.
Fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 8, 2016
The job had the employees to dance every half hour to bring in the customers. We had a good time doing it especially doing it as a team. We made sure I guest left satisfied with their meal and service.
Pros
Meal card
Cons
Distance
Dancing and Singing
Co-Owner/Operator/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandestin, FLFebruary 1, 2016
As the coowner operator I worked open to close 7 days a week but enjoyed the challange. Learned a lot from managing my associates on a day to day basis and developing them into bigger roles. Hardest part of the job was being understaffed all the time due to the demand in the area.Loved leading my team and having fun interacting with the guest through the dancing and singing.
great place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 15, 2016
this was my second job and i have to say that it was a very enjoyable experience. Everyone was hard working and we were all able to have fun as well as be productive. the pay wasnt the best but it was consistent.
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
not good enough pay, sometimes not super clean but mostly was
friendley work environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJanuary 13, 2016
At times it could get a little overwhelming due to high customer volume and not enough staff to handle it. you were able to have a good balance between work and your private life. The job was unionized due to being in a casino so you had job security plus a decent living wage.
I give it great big thumbs up
Busser and Host (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 6, 2016
liked working their the job was a great learning experience the supervisor always worked with you if you needed help they would jump and help you out. The employees where funny they would make me laugh every time I came to work. Sometimes they made fun of each other not to make the person made but to get a huh out of them. yes it was a great time working for Johnny Rockets I also like working with the owner whenever he came to visit.
Pros
they have great food over there I like the chicken salad
Great growing workplace
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Camp Verde, AZDecember 6, 2015
This was just a temporary job but I loved it all the same, I enjoy working and making money to support my dreams. I am on great terms with all of my coworkers and managers.
I would open and close the store everyday as I was the GM and only manager.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 2, 2015
I learned time management as I was the only manager at the establishment for nine years. I learned how to recognized serious employable people. The hardest part of the job was working over 60 hours a week without anyone to share the responsibility of payroll, hiring, inventory, and sales with. The most enjoyable part of this job was ticket/event perks. I also had awesome downtown parking privileges.
Johnny Rockets
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenville SCOctober 3, 2015
Under the title of line cook, burgers and also sandwiches were prepared on a flat top grill based on the orders of the guests. Proper food handling techniques were also practiced to ensure cross contamination was not an issue.
One of my Favorite Jobs
lead server (Former Employee) –  Deer Valley, AZOctober 2, 2015
Feed people, make them happy, dance routines to oldies.
Fun work place!
the hardest part of the job is the hustling in the event of an unexpected rush. Everyone that worked at both the establishments I worked at (Avondale and Deer Valley) were all beautiful people.. it was an honor to work there.
Pros
tips