Johnny Rockets Employee Reviews

okay workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 19, 2017
This serving job is very easy. Easy to learn and do. It is a family oriented business and attracts a lot of customers and tourist that comes through Destiny USA.
Pros
1/2 off lunches
Cons
You dont get relieved at the time your suppose to get off.
Productive and Fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 19, 2017
You have lots a fun you get to dance be social with your clients.... coworkers are willing to help when you have a big order of food.. Its a family working experience. They celebrat your birthday after work. The tips you get to give 15% to dishwasher and cooking depending on what you made that day.
Fun and productive
Server/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMarch 3, 2017
Great company to work for until owner buy outs inside of location...............store went down quickly under new owners......treated employees like dirt
Fun workplace with your friends and good food.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 2, 2017
It was hard work but a good starting job. Manager respected my beliefs and time schedules. Coworkers were friendly and respectful
Hard workers
Server/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2017
Working as a server is slightly a tough job. Dealing with different personalities and making sure the greeting are given well. Stay clean and shinning at all times. Providing excellent customer service. Greeting with a smile and a positive attitude. Working as a Supervisor was a little challenging but it's not as hard as we imagine.
Pretty anf fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2017
I learned many important things, one of those things to how to treat different people. Management they do a good job. Culture American and Hispanic Latin. the most enjoyable part of the job is that they all work as a team as a family.
Productive and exciting place to work.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2017
A very exciting business to work for. You're taught so many skills without even realizing it like multitasking, sense or urgency, and organizational skills.
Pros
Can grow fairly fast with the company.
Cons
No insurance offered.
I made it a fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 14, 2017
I am a fun and energetic person and my personality wore off on my employees. It was always upbeat and happy when I was there. I still have employees and fellow managers wishing I was still there and contacting me in my personal life. I started that store from scratch and spent 3 weeks hiring employees when I wasn't getting paid because I wanted a hand in all of the people working for me. That was my family, and any of them can and still come to me for advice and recommendations.
Pros
The atmosphere is what you make it
Cons
Worked more hours than promised, ownership does not listen to management
Great workplace where everyone felt like family
Server/Manager (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAFebruary 13, 2017
My many years at Johnny Rockets, it became my second family. Loved going into work everyday and seeing everyone. Everyone made it a great, fun and welcoming atmosphere. Customers would sit for hours and enjoy our company. Of course everyone would be busy running around satisfying the customers but for some reason it was fun. I'm always asked why Johnny Rockets was such a fun place for us to work, and I always give the same response. When you bring together a group of people who have the same goal/passion, they become a unit/team. That is what we became and thanks to that we were able to not only work very effectively, but we were having a blast at the same time.
Pros
It's not work if you're having fun, and lunch was free too
Cons
no benefits
Good start, bad end.
Front Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 6, 2017
I worked here while I was attending college a second time. It started off great but near the end, half of the employees simply stopped caring. Management began to suffer because of these difficult employees and internal conflict was almost a daily thing.

During my last two years here I had surgery on both of my heels (one at a time) and was barely accommodated each time. I told them I could not work the same hours as before but was willing to do smaller shifts on more days to make up for it. I also told them that if I needed to sit down, I had to sit down, because I could not be on my feet for the same amount of time anymore. This caused a problem with my fellow employees, despite several notes and referrals from my doctors about my condition.

Eventually I ended up quitting when my GM did because I could not take the overwhelming workload anymore with my health conditions.
Pros
Some of the people I worked with were great
Cons
Lazy employees, When I had surgery on both of my feet, I could not get the compensation at work for my needs that I required
Costumer service has to be everything
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Couldn't ask for more with costumers. Really great environment for people who love burgers. And mostly shakes. I couldn't be happier to work their for so many years and left a great attitude everyday wanting to make costumer come back
Pros
Smile and laughs
Great customer turn over rate.
Dining Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Great place to work if you want to pick up some extra cash as a college student or a part-time job. hours are flexible. teaches great customer service and basic sales and up-selling.
Pros
free or discount food, meeting lots of friendly people.
Cons
franchises typically make less money than the corporate locations that dance a-lot more frequently.
Review
Driver/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Taught me how to use my customer service expertise to excel in making customers beyond content and satisfied. Happy with the knowledge I gained and have a valuable skillset due to this experience.
Positive Customer Service And Great Food
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Freeport, MEJanuary 22, 2017
A typical day of work would be coming in, making sure you have everything you need such as required white collared buttoned up shirt and black pants and black shoes. Bowtie and hair up and name tag. Booklet for cash, personal bank change, pens and paper. Then going to the computer to clock in. Then looking what section tables I had and served everyone in a polite manner and making sure their needs were met. Making sure they got the bill and right change, and bussing tables.
What I learned is teamwork, responsibility, confidence, customer satisfaction, communication and extreme positivity.
The hardest part about my job would be knowing were closed but still have an hours worth of clean up and stocking. But knowing the money was worth it was more than motivating. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my coworkers who became friends and giving Johnny Rocket Customers a wonderful experience.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Location from home
Great management.
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 12, 2017
Good management. Mangers knew how to run the company in a good and efficient manner. Never had a problem working at Johnny Rockets.
Great Opportunity
Waitress / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Management works with your schedule and are very help full , co workers are very friendly , and the great part of this job are also the tips very help full .
Pros
50 percent off lunch
unorganized workplace
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJanuary 3, 2017
Being an exchange student i was only working seasonal summers, however from a permanent employee standpoint the salary is low, job security is non existent and also you have to deal with managers that really anent suppose to be managers.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Low salary
great burger
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 22, 2016
Real great burgers the restaurant is great for the kids milk shakes a doo good nice management even the waiter dances and on all the tables their jukebox
workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 12, 2016
It was terrible place to work, Low pay, terrible hours, and poor tips. I would not work there again. Terrible place to work.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor pay
Great Co-Workers , Horrible Management
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZDecember 9, 2016
I simply love working here because of my co workers. They are around my age and we have good times. But, as a high school student , my given schedule can get pretty hard to manage with. Management is really bad as well, they're not on top of their game and definitely don't make their workers job easier than it should be.
Pros
50% off food, Co Workers
Cons
Closing shifts, Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnny Rockets. Our community is ready to answer.

78%