Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great Benefits
Employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2016
JHBMC has great benefits. Work/life balance in some clinical positions is a pro. Some management strategies may need to be addressed for increased efficiency in the work place.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance
Cons
Micro-managment, lack of transparency
good place to work
patient coordinator/ administrative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 23, 2015
Johns Hopkins Bayview is a good place to work depending on which department and your job title. Excellent benefits. Dont treat their employees very well and havent gotten a raise in over 10yrs.
Pros
good benefit package
Cons
no room for advancement or raises
Some great experiences, but beware of some Management.
Senior Clinical Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 10, 2016
Most co-workers were amazing, good-hearted people. Benefits were decent. As far as Management, I had Managers/Directors who were some of the best I've ever worked for. HOWEVER, I (and a few other co-workers) also was subjected to workplace bullying behavior from a Director, who was uneducated and inexperienced in the area of work our department provided. This Director caused a lot of damage and excessive turnover (8 people left in less than a year). So some great experiences and some unbelievably under-handed treatment from the best of the best....
Contractors bottom of the barrel
Freelance Movie Producer (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDApril 7, 2016
As a contractor for JHBV I had both wonderful experiences, and terrible ones. My issue with the place was NOT with the Johns Hopkins admin, but with my personal manager in our department. Since he has little to do with Hopkins, I will not go on about him here.
As for Johns Hopkins, I was very happy there. I think I was treated fairly, and with respect. It was a good work place for 18 years.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Contractor managers subpar and lazy
Nice place to work
Perioperative Clinical Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2016
NIce group of professionals to work with. Patient care is excellent, and the nurses show true empathy for their patients. I have learned a lot about diversity, language of caring and team steps.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
limited ability to grow
Awesome Facility
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 24, 2016
Great place to work. Every one there is polite and willing to help anyone in need. I worked under some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
Busy and productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 1, 2015
A typical workday was very busy and interesting, from the people you meet,from helping the patients and visitors that come onto the campus with whatever they may need. I enjoyed very much working with my co-workers each day, they help with anything you may need help with and are very nice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the hostile patients and visitors that came throughout the campus. The most enjoyable part was the people you met coming into the hospital.
Great place!!
Nursing Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2015
The culture at bayview is like no other place. The people are much more friendly there than any other Hopkins institution.
Nice for the resume
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2015
I have been a Hopkins employee for four years. The benefits are great but the overall pay is below average. As an employee you will have to pay for parking, which the cost of parking is constantly increasing.
Pros
Looks great on a resume
Cons
poor pay
Johns Hopkins Bayview
Office Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandFebruary 27, 2013
It was a very fast paced enviornment at Bayview. The doctors there see lots of patients in clinic. The management changed a few times while I was there. I truely enjoyed my co-workes. They were team players. I really learned a lot at Bayview. The most importand thing I learned are customer service skills. I also learned tons of office skills including posting surgeries, payment posting, and insurance verification.

The hardest part about working there was the volumes of patients they processed daily. It could be overwhelming at times. I loved the pay and benefits they offered.
Pros
pay, benefits, discounts
Cons
parking, change in management
Productive workplace
Administrative/Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 7, 2015
I developed different skills and the most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with different elder people.
I also learned how to function on three different medical programs.
Great place to work , customer service is key
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 11, 2015
Very easy job ,
a lot of standing ,
co workers are very easy to get along with .
management is ok.
hardest part of the job may be the standing.
most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different patient everyday,
The most enjoyable part of the job
Unit Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is without a doubt the people that I work with. Everyone is always ready to help and encourage one another.
Pros
team work
Cons
busy hospital
Jhbmc
Registered Nurse - Medical/Surgical Unit (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2012
Bayview is a great place to work. Excellent benefits, however they are very strict with PTO use and calling out on sick leave. Being near Baltimore city most of the patients are city folk- aka a lot of drug/etoh withdrawal. The floors are hard to work on, however management listens very well and attempts to make changes necessary to keep staff happy.
Pros
good management
Cons
stressful floor
Worst place I've ever worked.
Food Svc Worker I (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2013
I had an issue with a manager. The manager CURSED at me, so I went to HR for that matter. I had the next days of, the day I'm scheduled to come back I took ill, and had a doctor's note sent over to them. I get a call from the HR rep saying the meeting was going to be that day (unbeknownst to me). I tell her so and she rescheduled the meeting for the next day (Again without my knowledge). So I come in 9:30 & start setting up for Lunch at 10. I'm told by a manager that the director wanted to see me in her office I went, and I'm told the meeting was gonna be at 2 (during break), she gives me the Union Reps # I tell her I'm not gonna use him, she scowls and said okay. I find another shop steward to bring with me and brief him on everything. (4 hrs till meeting)

In HR, 2 departmental managers attended, provided a character reference for the manager who cursed at me and my whole claim was thrown out the window. I was told I stole, and then given the option to either resign or be terminated.

I chose to be terminated so I'd still be eligible for benefits, not before making known that I'm filing a grievance.

I got swept up in the whole BAYVIEW is part of Johns Hopkins, blah blah blah. Don't, save yourself the misery, headache, and unneeded stress. There are plenty of RESPECTABLE companies to work for with less politics.

I learned Bayview is not a place you want to ever have to go to HR in because you will be the sole one defending yourself.

The icing on the cake is that the department managers give meal tickets to union reps. So don't expect fair representation.
Pros
breaks
Cons
management are snakes, human resources.
Flexible
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2015
Outstanding company to work for. All staff members uphold and value the company's missions and values. Uniform policy is awesome as well. Flexible scheduling.
Pros
Fair treatment to employees
Cons
Limited parking
Nice place to work
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed this job because it provided me the chance to help disabled people. I was responsible for home visits, daily living skills teaching and medication monitoring. We often had traings the increased our knowledge to care for the client.
Pros
schedule and clients
Cons
upper management
excellent employer
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. I would recommend this employer to any friend or family member.
Enjoy working with the Patients
Coordinator of Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MarylandJuly 15, 2015
Assist patients with getting checked in to see their therapist and doctor. I have learned that each patient is Special and must be treated with respect. The most enjoyable is seeing my patient smile.
Excellent hospital to work for
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 7, 2012
Registering patients for their clinic visit. I learned how to make sure patients received the best customer service once they walked into the facility for services rendered. The management for the Ambulatory Service Department was outstanding they always made sure the Clinics were kept up to date with the latest technology. The hardest part of the job was paper referrals patients would forget them or did not know their insurance required them to have one. The enjoyable part of the job was remembering different patients by name because they came in frequently for clinic visits.
Pros
employee day within the clinics and throughout the hospital
Cons
not enough time for lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.