Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center

Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Employer Reviews

NA (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 17, 2014
Great mentorship and a great place to work. The management is top notch. My co-workers are supportive and encourage growth.
Academic center with complex cases
Medical Director of Obstetric Anesthesia (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: challenging environment, intellectually stimulating
Cons: located in a high crime city
Most enjoyable is taking care of patients and teaching residents.
7am-5 pm busy days.
Differnt view
Nurse Extern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 28, 2014
While at Johns Hopkins Bayview I was a student extern. I got to experience working in units that I would not have gotten a chance to while in school. This let me branch out and see what was out there.
It has been an experience
Perioperative Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 19, 2013
I love perioperative nursing!! I feel I am a productive member of the healthcare team.
My Day At Work
Office Administrative Assistant lll (Current Employee), Baltimore, MdNovember 22, 2013
Pros: enjoy helping others
Cons: every job has a down side so speak on it.
I start my day unofficially at 6am I believe in being on time and preparing mentally for my day. At 7am I clock in and start with the patient list far as isolations and status (inpatient or outpatient), speak with the charge nurse for any changes, read and respond to emails. Cancel and post surgical cases, notify surgeons in reference to their cases – more... in regards to special equipment or what ever is necessary. I have only been in this position for almost 2 years and I am enjoying it very much I have learned so much about the difference kinds of surgeries. And my co- workers are interesting and willing to work with you. The hardest part of my job is not knowing. The most enjoyable part is helping others and if I can't I will make is a point to locate someone who can assist. Now as to management the biggest part is if you are going to help me at the front don't just dictate help out other then that I have no issues. – less
Easy work environment, easy to slack off
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 12, 2013
Pros: doctors readily available
Cons: unionized employees
Teaching hospital, which was great because every doctor you needed was right down the hallway. Otherwise, it could be frustrating. Transport was not BLS certified and could not transport anybody on IV pumps or telemetry. Techs were usually career techs who have worked there for decades and were hard to work with. Majority of staff (except nursing) was – more... unionized which meant they got their two 15 minute and one half hour break no matter what, among other things, which made a busy day inconvenient. – less
NIce place to work
CNA/ Sitter (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 29, 2013
It's always a welcoming place to go to. Everyone I nice and willing to lend a hand.
Engaging and Supportive Environment focused on Recovery and Wellness
Rehabilitation Therapist (Current Employee), Baltimore,MDOctober 4, 2013
Lead groups of adults with at various places in their recovery with mental illness
Learned how to manage and a caseload and provide clinical support
Coworks are passionate about their work
Everyday is new with it's unique challenges
It's exciting to see people take responsibility for their own lives and break away from old behaviors
Outstanding Service
Senior Rehabilitation Therapist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 23, 2013
I had a great experience working as a case manager at Johns Hopkins. We had an amazing team of case managers and were able to provide outstanding service to all of our client's. I provided mental health support to chronically mentally ill client's and linked them to resources in the community.
Enjoyable work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MdSeptember 22, 2013
Worked with my school schedule and taught me a lot about the medical feild
Great location and a good place to work.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), BayViewAugust 19, 2013
The location is ideal to take lunchtime walks and a great set of people to work with.
Overall good place to work with the exception of a few things...
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore,MarylandAugust 13, 2013
Pros: night shift was pretty laid back, i got to meet people from all over the world since people seek out hopkins
Cons: didnt like the politics of the establishment., too may gaps for people to put in their own opinions as opposed to just following the rules
Besides the fact that it is the lowest paying hopsital in Maryland, I appreciated what I learned here. It is a learning hospital so there was always something new and someone willing to teach you. Manaement could be prety childish sometimes but thats just people... not the institution
Team work and peer support the best.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 9, 2013
Nurses here make for great team work. Residents and Attending treat the nurses with respect and on equal ground.. As a teaching hospital the Nurses have a wonderful oppurtunity to learn as well as teach. Nurses can teach new residents the iner workings of the hospital and medical staff includes nursing in their huddles and educational snipets.
Great stepping stone
Health Information Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MdJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great teams and you become like a family
Cons: long shifts and your feet kill you
Gives young people a great step into the real world. They can run you like crazy but after a while you love it, I did!
Worst place I've ever worked.
Food Svc Worker I (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2013
Pros: breaks
Cons: management are snakes, human resources.
I had an issue with a manager. The manager CURSED at me, so I went to HR for that matter. I had the next days of, the day I'm scheduled to come back I took ill, and had a doctor's note sent over to them. I get a call from the HR rep saying the meeting was going to be that day (unbeknownst to me). I tell her so and she rescheduled the meeting for the – more... next day (Again without my knowledge). So I come in 9:30 & start setting up for Lunch at 10. I'm told by a manager that the director wanted to see me in her office I went, and I'm told the meeting was gonna be at 2 (during break), she gives me the Union Reps # I tell her I'm not gonna use him, she scowls and said okay. I find another shop steward to bring with me and brief him on everything. (4 hrs till meeting)

In HR, 2 departmental managers attended, provided a character reference for the manager who cursed at me and my whole claim was thrown out the window. I was told I stole, and then given the option to either resign or be terminated.

I chose to be terminated so I'd still be eligible for benefits, not before making known that I'm filing a grievance.

I got swept up in the whole BAYVIEW is part of Johns Hopkins, blah blah blah. Don't, save yourself the misery, headache, and unneeded stress. There are plenty of RESPECTABLE companies to work for with less politics.

I learned Bayview is not a place you want to ever have to go to HR in because you will be the sole one defending yourself.

The icing on the cake is that the department managers give meal tickets to union reps. So don't expect fair representation. – less
Was great, not so much anymore
Diagonostic Imaging Technologist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2013
No opportunities for advancement. They say they promote career advancement, but it ends up only being for the chosen few
JHBMC worked there 10 years.
Senior Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2013
JHBMC worked there 10 years. Worked with a doctors, LCPC, LCSW-C as well as LGPC and LCSW.
rewarding and positive work environment
C.D.U. Staff Nurse (Current Employee), chemical dependency unitMay 2, 2013
Pros: have worked at jhbm since i became a nurse
Cons: the distance to travel
12 hour day shift
work with 3-4 other nursing staff
working with patients who are not always motivated for change to promote a healthier lifestyle
working with a strong core group of nurses
Gain Experience.
Executive Secretary (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2013
Excellent employer to build experience. Busy work environment.
Productive and educational
Rehabilitation Tech (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 20, 2013
I learned a lot about the professions of Occupational and Physical therapies. The management staff was always open to questions and concerns.

1 2 3