Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2018
Busy and fast paced work place. Patient care comes first. Patients are treated with dignity and respect. Cultural diversity is highly respected. Patient information are highly confidential.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Overall
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 11, 2018
Though I have only been here for 3 years I will say it has been an overall good experience here at bayview. I have met good people and learned new skills.
Thankful for this job, because of the knowledge that I've obtained working here.
JHCP Internal Medicine (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 29, 2017
A typical day at work is usual fast paced, but it's understood what the requirements are, so it doesn't make it too stressful.
Working in an Internal medicine office, I've learned a lot of different areas of the medical field, due to us dealing with a little bit of everything.
I work in a diverse office with different cultures, religions and race, so a lot is learned.
The hardest part of my job is seeing people hurt.

The most enjoyable part is knowing that I have made a difference in someone's life.
very productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2017
When I worked at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center I thought it was a great experince. I volunteered at the gift shop. Thier were always things to do.
High volume Level II trauma center
Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant Resident (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 27, 2017
Numerous patients w/ multiple comorbidities and complex social circumstances. The scope of the job is pretty impressive for PA's but you get burned out pretty easy.
Pros
broad scope of practice for ED PA
Cons
high volume, long hours and low pay
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 19, 2017
Within Johns Hopkins, there is so much you can do. It is easy to transfer to other positions and opportunities. The benefits are good, the pay is good but could be better.
Externship (Student Nurse)
Nurse Extern/Nurse Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 12, 2017
Hey offer an amazing paid student nurse externship, that gives you the opportunity to be placed in a specialty of your choice if you are found to be a good fit. I made it into the NICU and absolutely loved every second of it. They even kept me on after the externship and I still work there now while I'm attending my last year in college!
Very friendly and professional workplace
Nursing secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 4, 2017
I enjoyed working with hopkins i work with them 9 years left job because of some personal reason but never had any single issue in 9 years of my career
Summer Intern
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 3, 2017
Baltimore is a great city to live in. The Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine program was an excellent research program. I really enjoyed learning more about medical research.
good place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21224October 30, 2017
Professional kitchen in a medical environment. Challenging and busy -- emphasis on customer satisfaction. Regular changes in the menu kept the work challenging.
Cons
high pressure
Great Work/Life Balance!!
Manager of Desktop Services (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21224October 26, 2017
Fast paced environment focused on patient care and employee satisfaction. Great teamwork across departments and entities. Wonderful benefits and state of the art facilities.
job
Material Handler 2 (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2017
Go to work. Pull dirty linen. Stock linen carts to take to floors. Drive around campus to make deliveries. Take metal to the scrap yard. Service the ER and other areas.
Pros
get a check for my family
Cons
overworked
Manager
Manager, Managed Care Contracts (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 24, 2017
Great company, worklife balance and atmosphere to work in. Only left due to relocation. I would recommend this company. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Intern
Intern, Office of Development (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 24, 2017
This was a great internship during college. I learned a lot about non-profit business and how companies receive money. I wrote grant applications for several of the hospitals initiatives.
Job security and room for advancement
Children's Rehabilitation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 22, 2017
It was hard to leave my job here. I loved it, simply because I enjoyed the work. Had a wonderful team of coworkers, supportive environment, etc. Pay could have been better and hours were long; but, that was more of an upper-management issue.
Good Job
Staff Nurse/Resource Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at this facility and loved the pay and incentives. The manager at Bayview was great in the PACU. I acquired new knowledge and much opportunity for advancement here.
Learn all you can learn
OR Assistant/Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2017
There is no perfect job; with any new experience always keep an open mind and be ready for any challenges that may occur.

The supervisory staff at the time were all consultants that changes every 4-6 months.
Awful Management
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 6, 2017
Once management is promoted they forget who supports them and they nitpick and engage in favoritism. Working for this company can be your worse nightmare
Pros
Co-workers are OK, Free food during special events
Cons
Salary for anyone less than Director is awful
great
Security Receptionist intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2017
great service and the best time I ever had working there they made me feel like family. Also help me find good jobs and good things came from working there I met a lot of new people and done new things.
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 26, 2017
I want to be able to advance in the career field I'm going to pursue for school be more hands on with helping people. Although, Johns Hopkins Bayview isn't a bad place to work it's very hard moving forward.