Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Employee Reviews

Enjoy working with the Patients
Coordinator of Patient Registration (Current Employee), Baltimore MarylandJuly 15, 2015
Assist patients with getting checked in to see their therapist and doctor. I have learned that each patient is Special and must be treated with respect. The most enjoyable is seeing my patient smile.
Bayview Medical Center
Perioperative Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 5, 2015
I have gained valuable experience and became a much stronger operating room nurse through working at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
Nice for the resume
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2015
Pros: Looks great on a resume
Cons: poor pay
I have been a Hopkins employee for four years. The benefits are great but the overall pay is below average. As an employee you will have to pay for parking, which the cost of parking is constantly increasing.
Great place to work , customer service is key
Hostess (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 11, 2015
Very easy job ,
a lot of standing ,
co workers are very easy to get along with .
management is ok.
hardest part of the job may be the standing.
most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different patient everyday,
so so
Administrative/Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2015
it was a nice place to volunteer for in the beginning but after one year I had to give up when I was struggling to find a job there.
It really sucks when they don't treat you as a disable person
GREAT CENTER
Office Assistant III (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2015
I LEARNED ALOT WORKING AT THIS CENTER. MET ALOT OF INTERESTING PEOPLE THAT I ENJOYED WORKING WITH. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CENTER TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR QUALITY HEALTH CARE.
Productive and challenging work environment
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2015
The medical center is a wonderful place to work. The overall feeling of Bayview is of a community hospital where you see familiar faces and people greet you with a "good morning" and a smile when passing you in the hallway. The team I work with is committed to doing a good job everyday and it's both encouraging and refreshing to be part of such a motivated team; it makes me proud to come to work every day and feel like I'm making a difference.
Nice place to work
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2015
Pros: schedule and clients
Cons: upper management
I enjoyed this job because it provided me the chance to help disabled people. I was responsible for home visits, daily living skills teaching and medication monitoring. We often had traings the increased our knowledge to care for the client.
Hopkins is a great place to work
Human Resources/ Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2015
I really liked working with the HR staff there. It was one of my first starts in HR and I was able to learn so many things from the team. Hopkins is very organized so it was good to be able to see the progression with the staff.
Co-workers work on a team level
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 10, 2015
Assess patient condition, take vital signs per protocol, test blood glucose levels, perform wound care, draw blood, perform EKGs
Float to various units as assigned, provide customer service, use critical thinking and analytical skills, chart in electronic system, assist, communicate effectively, and work as a team with nursing staff and all other hospital staff
Enjoyed working here
Senior Mental Health Therapist (full-time) (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2014
Enjoyed working with children with mental health issues
Enjoyed working with co-workers
Didn't feel appreciated towards the end of my employment
Difficult work environment
Great teamwork and family culture
RN Clinical Nurse PCU unit (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2014
I love the unit and the people I work with. We support and work with each other real well. The unit is a step down and telemetry unit and our typical patients are cardiac and respiratory (vents, tracheostomies, COPDers etc.) patients, sometimes some medicine patients. The patient care ratio is 4:1, and as nurses we work with 1-3 PCTs to whom we have to delegate various tasks.
A typical night at work – more... is that we get report at start of shift, briefly check on our assigned patients, check physician's orders, do patient care and teaching, documentation, do admission if new patient is admitted, attend codes if needed, communicating with care team (physicians, RT, labs etc.)
I have learnt so much and the hospital generally provides many learning opportunities. The hardest part of my job is working nights and the most enjoyable part is providing for patients from all walks of life, cultures, persuasions, socioeconomic backgrounds learning from them through their personal lives and experiences but most of all, I feel very fulfilled as a nurse when I have patients leave the hospital feeling better than they came, and they have learnt how to better take care of themselves, giving them a new lease on life. – less
Awesome community
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 22, 2014
Pros: awesome sense of community
Bayview is a large hospital with a small town feel. Employees across the board were a tightly knit group, and Pastoral Care Department was exceptionally so. There was great flexibility for scheduling and you felt like a valued member of the team.
A great place to work were people care about people and the company by constantly striving to make themselves better, and more skilled.
Accounting Assistant III (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2014
Pros: my previous job understood the importance of hiring good people, enabling them to do their best.
Cons: i get frustrated by unmotivation, doing unrelated things at length and never actually doing anything.
Every work day consisted of interaction with patients, finances, insurance matters, payments for services, and meetings.

I learned a lot about my skills and abilities and what I want to bring to my next position. Because of my self motivation, I loved having the duality of being creative and organized. Continuing to grow professionally in a new direction is important to me, but I wouldn't mind working in a field with a similar viewpoint.”.

I want to learn more about this.
Friendly enviornment
Accounting Assistant III (Former Employee), Dundalk, MarylandJuly 29, 2014
On a typical day, I would collect patients copays at a secured window in order for them to receive their methadone treatment. As payments were taken, a receipt was written for each patient and the payment was then posted into Microsoft excel and the Meditech system. Once the window was closed I would then bag the money into a secure deposit bag and transport it to the deposit window. Once the cash was deposited, I then to do my insurance verification for all patients who had commercial insurance. Overall I loved my job, especially interacting with different people. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was having to leave due to complications with my pregnancy.
Growing challenging healthcare system
Staff RN/Chemical Dependency Intake Office (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2014
JHBMC is a very challenging hospital system to work for with many opportunities for growth.
Positive interaction with patients and staff
Patient Registrar (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 21, 2014
Pros: always learning
Open office and set up charts for the day.
Greet patients and family members as they arrive.
Obtain necessary insurance information.
Verify benefits via phone or computer.
Collect co-pays and post to appropriate account.
My co- workers were supportive and incredibly easy to work with.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interactions with patients and their family members.
good job skills
Patient Registrar/Phone Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2014
Loved being a part of this team and we worked to get the patient authorized to be inpatient
Overall, a good place to learn and work
Program Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2014
Multi-varied clientele with many opportunities to work and grow. The hospital offers many product lines - general care, bariatrics, geriatrics, burn care, trauma care, stroke, pediatrics (limited), neonate, maternal-child, and cardiac, to name a few. Great place to "springboard" a nursing career to other hospitals.
great
Central Sterile Processor II (Former Employee), baltimoreJune 11, 2014
I prepared food properly, washed dishes, and delivered food to the proper units.