Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Employee Reviews

Friendly, fast paced work enviroment
Material Handler I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2016
The typical work day consist of the same routine. Clock in before your shift starts and expected to follow procedures of collecting and distributing food supplies. I learned how to openly communicate with management, collaborate with co-workers, and how to effectively manage my time and duties. The hardest part of the job is dealing with adversities, that may present themselves on the day to day basis. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the work environment, from the management to co-workers.
Pros
Opportunities for promotion
Cons
Rare opportunities for breaks
Short temporary assignment
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2016
Typical day consisted of reading through children's medical records and input there vaccine records in EPR so that when Epic went live at Bayview it would pull the information forward into Epic. Project consisted of 5000-6000 medical records.
My manager was spectacular. Very flexible and attentive to the challenges we faced.
All of the temporary employees on this project really got along well.
I didn't really find any part of this job hard.
It was very satisfying when the project was complete. Finding out exactly how many records we actually entered into the child's medical record
Pros
Tons of overtime
Cons
Only a temporary assignment
Some great experiences, but beware of some Management.
Senior Clinical Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 10, 2016
Most co-workers were amazing, good-hearted people. Benefits were decent. As far as Management, I had Managers/Directors who were some of the best I've ever worked for. HOWEVER, I (and a few other co-workers) also was subjected to workplace bullying behavior from a Director, who was uneducated and inexperienced in the area of work our department provided. This Director caused a lot of damage and excessive turnover (8 people left in less than a year). So some great experiences and some unbelievably under-handed treatment from the best of the best....
Contractors bottom of the barrel
Freelance Movie Producer (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDApril 7, 2016
As a contractor for JHBV I had both wonderful experiences, and terrible ones. My issue with the place was NOT with the Johns Hopkins admin, but with my personal manager in our department. Since he has little to do with Hopkins, I will not go on about him here.
As for Johns Hopkins, I was very happy there. I think I was treated fairly, and with respect. It was a good work place for 18 years.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Contractor managers subpar and lazy
Dealing with patients complaints
Patient Relations Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21224April 14, 2016
1. Everyday was busy.
2. I have leaned how to deal with different types of people
3. Worked well with upper management.
4. I enjoyed working along side my co-workers
5. Dealing with patient that I could not help.
6. When a patient says thank you for all of your help.
Great place to grow professionally
Rehabilitation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2016
Johns Hopkins provided a great work culture and management provides amazing supervision. The hardest part of the job was the commute and expensive parking fees
Nice place to work
Perioperative Clinical Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2016
NIce group of professionals to work with. Patient care is excellent, and the nurses show true empathy for their patients. I have learned a lot about diversity, language of caring and team steps.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
limited ability to grow
Poor department management
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2016
Hostile work environment from supervisors bordering on bullying. Human resources backs them up and doesn't care about employee complaints.
Great Benefits
Employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2016
JHBMC has great benefits. Work/life balance in some clinical positions is a pro. Some management strategies may need to be addressed for increased efficiency in the work place.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance
Cons
Micro-managment, lack of transparency
Awesome Facility
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 24, 2016
Great place to work. Every one there is polite and willing to help anyone in need. I worked under some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
Busy and productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 1, 2015
A typical workday was very busy and interesting, from the people you meet,from helping the patients and visitors that come onto the campus with whatever they may need. I enjoyed very much working with my co-workers each day, they help with anything you may need help with and are very nice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the hostile patients and visitors that came throughout the campus. The most enjoyable part was the people you met coming into the hospital.
good place to work
patient coordinator/ administrative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 23, 2015
Johns Hopkins Bayview is a good place to work depending on which department and your job title. Excellent benefits. Dont treat their employees very well and havent gotten a raise in over 10yrs.
Pros
good benefit package
Cons
no room for advancement or raises
Productive workplace
Administrative/Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 7, 2015
I developed different skills and the most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with different elder people.
I also learned how to function on three different medical programs.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Unit Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is without a doubt the people that I work with. Everyone is always ready to help and encourage one another.
Pros
team work
Cons
busy hospital
Productive and challenging work environment
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2015
The medical center is a wonderful place to work. The overall feeling of Bayview is of a community hospital where you see familiar faces and people greet you with a "good morning" and a smile when passing you in the hallway. The team I work with is committed to doing a good job everyday and it's both encouraging and refreshing to be part of such a motivated team; it makes me proud to come to work every day and feel like I'm making a difference.
Flexible
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2015
Outstanding company to work for. All staff members uphold and value the company's missions and values. Uniform policy is awesome as well. Flexible scheduling.
Pros
Fair treatment to employees
Cons
Limited parking
Enjoy working with the Patients
Coordinator of Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MarylandJuly 15, 2015
Assist patients with getting checked in to see their therapist and doctor. I have learned that each patient is Special and must be treated with respect. The most enjoyable is seeing my patient smile.
Nice for the resume
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2015
I have been a Hopkins employee for four years. The benefits are great but the overall pay is below average. As an employee you will have to pay for parking, which the cost of parking is constantly increasing.
Pros
Looks great on a resume
Cons
poor pay
Co-workers work on a team level
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 10, 2015
Assess patient condition, take vital signs per protocol, test blood glucose levels, perform wound care, draw blood, perform EKGs
Float to various units as assigned, provide customer service, use critical thinking and analytical skills, chart in electronic system, assist, communicate effectively, and work as a team with nursing staff and all other hospital staff
Great place!!
Nursing Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2015
The culture at bayview is like no other place. The people are much more friendly there than any other Hopkins institution.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Reviews by Location