Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Employee Reviews

Physician Assistant
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2017
Great work co-workers that truly care about each other. Compensation is lower but amazing experience and strong desire for good patient care. Would return.
Loved working at the hospital. Very experienced nurses that were willing to teach
NSU/NSCCU/NSIMC/PACU Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 17, 2017
I worked 10 hour shifts in the PACU and it was ran like a well oiled machine the staff was always nice and courtesy. The staff always worked well together and the supervisor was awesome and willing to pitch in to help if needed. we were are very diverse group. I never really had any hard times or difficulties working at JHBMC. I loved all the people that I worked with .That was the most rewarding part of my job
Pros
Great work hours and location not far from my home
Cons
Great place to learn about health care.
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2017
Great development and leadership! Workplace is a welcoming environment. Managers encourage you to pursue further education and advancement. Generally, a great facility to work for!
Fun group of people...they become family after while.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 4, 2017
Johns hopkins Bayview medical center is like the cousin to the main hopkins....but the atmosphere and work ethic is genuine and not robotic in anyway. I love working there and the staff were great. I just need more money for me. I have been in this hospital for ten years. It's time to venture to either another state or become a traveler....that would be the only reason to leave.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Parking prices keeps rising
Can Be Difficult Place To Work
Certified Medical Assistant Ambulatory Float (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 20, 2017
I worked at Bayview Medical Center For a year and during that year I worked and met some great colleagues, however management and compensation is not what it should be for employees working for Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Pros
Johns Hopkins is good to have on your resume for upcoming positions
Cons
some poor mangement, not really a place I wouldve wanted to retire from
not good
Administrative/Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 16, 2017
This is was a good experience and
hope it became a permanent position though.
I have volunteered in different departments and got different backgrounds and experience
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2017
Walk walk walk walk walk, walk some more walk further. Parking sucks. Easily identified by badge and scrub colors while carrying tons of medicine. Pay was ok.
Pros
Walk
Cons
Walk
Wat ajustment training program
Linen department (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2017
Working in the wat adjustment training program was my first experience of working to have personal skills of working in the wat ajustment training program and getting paid for working
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Short break
Highly stressful, but manager has your back
Medical Intensive Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 23, 2017
Super fast paced, extremely busy work environment with little time for a breath. Staffing issues about once a week. Plan your life only 6 weeks in advance. RN CAN invoke policy changes! It will take time, but they DO listen.
challenging work environment.
OB/GYN/NICU Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2017
I was employed through RSI agency as a contractual worker until my assignment was completed. I found the work environment satisfactory and support from fellow employees. A typical day would entail providing case management and supportive services to mothers and infants in NICU in order to ensure a safe discharge for infants and to advocate on behalf of mothers with a variety of psycho social issues,such as mental health issues, drug abuse, homelessness and other problem preventing the safe discharge of infants. Also I collaborated with the medical treatment team in determining the best outcome for infants and mothers at risk.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
inadequate work space
N/a
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Operating RoomMay 4, 2017
Johns Hopkins Bayview has quality Surgeons and Medical Professionals and maintains a prestigious reputation as the Burn Center of Baltimore. Although the location of the Hospital is dangerous the Hospital itself is very nie
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 19, 2017
Nice corporate culture, everyone there is really friendly and team oriented. Good place to start your career and there is always the added benefit that there is more room for advancement the further you stay.
Great place to learn, heavy workload
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 4, 2017
I learned a lot at JHBMC as a new graduate nurse. However, the assignments are not based on patient acuity and the workload is very heavy. You almost always have 5 patients and many times the patients are total cares. I liked the people that I worked with, the environment was not uptight. Management could do a better job as far as taking into consideration what the nurses need
Great Place to work
Senior Medical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2017
On a normal day I have a lot of patient interaction which I enjoy. Johns Hopkins thrives on education so on a everyday basis I'm learning something new about my job or patient care. My co-workers strive to make our department #1 in customer service and service excellence. Working here at Johns Hopkins can sometimes challenge your ability to handle difficult situations. In our department we see people that are in pain on a daily basis and this makes our cases very challenging to handle. Overall my experiences I have had here at Johns Hopkins are priceless and full of learning experiences I will cherish forever.
Pros
Learning experiences
Cons
Stressful at times
ER Tech
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2017
The ED Tech Performs routine and specialized tasks in providing direct patient care under the functional direction of a registered nurse in the Emergency Shock Trauma Center and/or Pediatrics ED.
Licensure/Certification/Registration: current CPR certification; Maryland CNA licensure
Performs lifesaving skills and techniques
Excellent Leadership
PRN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 20, 2017
Best Supervisor ever!
Fast-paced with an element of unpredictability
Great pay $65/hour
I enjoy overnights and have great support staff that make work truly enjoyable!
Pros
pay scale
Cons
high stress
Great people!
RN ICU Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 1, 2017
I first started working at Bayview in 1998 and have returned to Bayview twice since. I returned as a travel nurse in 2007, left for a desk job, and returned again for a permanent position in 2011 as an ICU float nurse. After working at several hospitals in the area, I always went back to Bayview. Great management, great staff, great experience!
Great Employees
OB Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2017
The best part of JHBMC is the people! I've made the best of friends there. I feel like Management is not always on your side and most often not willing to fight for you. The pay is horrible but the benefits were great until this year (2017) when everything changed and the cost dramatically increased.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Short breaks, you have to pay for parking, horrible pay
Family Environment
RN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2017
I have been at JHBV for 11 years. Great benefits and very supportive leadership and organization. They allowed me to grow in my career from patient care tech to charge rn.
Satlsfactory place to work.
Rotating charge nurse in the OB-GYN Clinic (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 31, 2017
I work in a hospital based ambulatory clinic. I have enhanced my knowledge of high risk prenatal care. Workplace culture is relaxed. The hardest part of the job is fragmented delivery of care. Most enjoyable part of the job are my patients and fellow staff members.