Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work
Perioperative Clinical Nurse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2016
NIce group of professionals to work with. Patient care is excellent, and the nurses show true empathy for their patients. I have learned a lot about diversity, language of caring and team steps.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
limited ability to grow
Contractors bottom of the barrel
Freelance Movie Producer (Current Employee) –  Havre de Grace, MDApril 7, 2016
As a contractor for JHBV I had both wonderful experiences, and terrible ones. My issue with the place was NOT with the Johns Hopkins admin, but with my personal manager in our department. Since he has little to do with Hopkins, I will not go on about him here.
As for Johns Hopkins, I was very happy there. I think I was treated fairly, and with respect. It was a good work place for 18 years.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Contractor managers subpar and lazy
Great Benefits
Employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2016
JHBMC has great benefits. Work/life balance in some clinical positions is a pro. Some management strategies may need to be addressed for increased efficiency in the work place.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance
Cons
Micro-managment, lack of transparency
Awesome Facility
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 24, 2016
Great place to work. Every one there is polite and willing to help anyone in need. I worked under some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
good place to work
patient coordinator/ administrative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 23, 2015
Johns Hopkins Bayview is a good place to work depending on which department and your job title. Excellent benefits. Dont treat their employees very well and havent gotten a raise in over 10yrs.
Pros
good benefit package
Cons
no room for advancement or raises
Productive workplace
Administrative/Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 7, 2015
I developed different skills and the most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with different elder people.
I also learned how to function on three different medical programs.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Unit Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is without a doubt the people that I work with. Everyone is always ready to help and encourage one another.
Pros
team work
Cons
busy hospital
Busy and productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 1, 2015
A typical workday was very busy and interesting, from the people you meet,from helping the patients and visitors that come onto the campus with whatever they may need. I enjoyed very much working with my co-workers each day, they help with anything you may need help with and are very nice. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the hostile patients and visitors that came throughout the campus. The most enjoyable part was the people you met coming into the hospital.
Great place!!
Nursing Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2015
The culture at bayview is like no other place. The people are much more friendly there than any other Hopkins institution.
excellent employer
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2015
I enjoyed my time working for Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. I would recommend this employer to any friend or family member.
Flexible
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2015
Outstanding company to work for. All staff members uphold and value the company's missions and values. Uniform policy is awesome as well. Flexible scheduling.
Pros
Fair treatment to employees
Cons
Limited parking
Enjoy working with the Patients
Coordinator of Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MarylandJuly 15, 2015
Assist patients with getting checked in to see their therapist and doctor. I have learned that each patient is Special and must be treated with respect. The most enjoyable is seeing my patient smile.
Bayview Medical Center
Perioperative Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 5, 2015
I have gained valuable experience and became a much stronger operating room nurse through working at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
Nice for the resume
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2015
I have been a Hopkins employee for four years. The benefits are great but the overall pay is below average. As an employee you will have to pay for parking, which the cost of parking is constantly increasing.
Pros
Looks great on a resume
Cons
poor pay
Great place to work , customer service is key
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 11, 2015
Very easy job ,
a lot of standing ,
co workers are very easy to get along with .
management is ok.
hardest part of the job may be the standing.
most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different patient everyday,
so so
Administrative/Clerical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2015
it was a nice place to volunteer for in the beginning but after one year I had to give up when I was struggling to find a job there.
It really sucks when they don't treat you as a disable person
Great center
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2015
I learned alot working at this center. Met alot of interesting people that I enjoyed working with. I would recommend this center to anyone looking for quality health care.
Productive and challenging work environment
Assistant Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2015
The medical center is a wonderful place to work. The overall feeling of Bayview is of a community hospital where you see familiar faces and people greet you with a "good morning" and a smile when passing you in the hallway. The team I work with is committed to doing a good job everyday and it's both encouraging and refreshing to be part of such a motivated team; it makes me proud to come to work every day and feel like I'm making a difference.
Nice place to work
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed this job because it provided me the chance to help disabled people. I was responsible for home visits, daily living skills teaching and medication monitoring. We often had traings the increased our knowledge to care for the client.
Pros
schedule and clients
Cons
upper management
Hopkins is a great place to work
Human Resources/ Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2015
I really liked working with the HR staff there. It was one of my first starts in HR and I was able to learn so many things from the team. Hopkins is very organized so it was good to be able to see the progression with the staff.