Johns Hopkins Community Physicians

Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Employer Reviews

Employer that encourages use of skills
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDMay 27, 2014
Pros: great physician communication and patient care
Cons: favoritism and micromanagement
Have had the opportunity to use many skills that I was taught while in college which allowed me to increase my abilities/skills in these different areas.
Typical day is to bring a patient back to the exam room and prepare them for the visit with the physician. We are to document main medical problem for visit, document all vital signs, address smoking – more... history, last visit with specialist/ER/Hospital, review medication list, confirm lab preferred for lab draws and confirm pharmacy used. In my second half of my job, I am to print off ER notes and discharge notes, organize information and place a note in patient's chart. I also call each patient that visited the ER to inquire as to how they are doing and schedule a follow-up appointment if needed.
The hardest part of the job is changes in the medical assistants responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the patient contact and making sure that they are understanding their care and receiving the care they need. – less
Work Culture
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Fulton, MDApril 14, 2014
Pros: practice administrator, willing to role up his sleeves and work when we are short staffed.
Cons: lack of advancement at this time.
I have been very blessed as the culture at JHCP is one o openness and trust. This is a place where everyone enjoys coming to work everyday. We trust each other and find comfort in confiding in each other for work or personal life. Our practice administrator allows us to use or talents and maximize on the positive aspects. He is very encouraging and – more... always willing to lend an ear and help with any conflicts that occasionally may arise. I enjoy working with the public and serving in my community. The hardest part for me is when I cannot help a patient or am not able to give the patient what they need at the time of the visit. I want for each person that I come in contact with to remember me, by the level of service I was able to provide. – less
Friendly atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), JHCPMarch 23, 2014
Pros: somewhat friendly atmosphere, benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks, poor management
Rooming patients 8hrs a day, Hardest part of the job is trying to accomplish everything you need to do within those 8hrs. Best part of the job is meeting people/patients
Reputable work place
Extern (Former Employee), North Bethesda, MDMarch 21, 2014
Office staff was well organized and insured quality patient care
A place to learn new things
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2014
Pros: customer service
Cons: management
The most enjoyable part of this job was you always had a chance to learn new things (computers systems). Meet new people from different cultures.
Productive Workplace
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoy working with Johns Hopkins Community Physicians and many others that I have worked, so I can progress to a more professional environment.
Not what I had expected
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 22, 2014
I worked at JHCP for 4 years and there was a high turnover ration in our office. Every time someone left it seem to point toward the office manager. I finally was able to see what everyone else had been telling me. I decided to move on and look for other opportunities.
Great benefits
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Chester, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Great benefits, Great managers, co workers were team players, Flexable with scheduling
medical assistant
Medical Assistant - Surgical (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 8, 2014
good work place, assisting in surgery, co workers are friendly, job is friendly, job is professional
Respectful staff, great place to work.
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Lutherville, MDOctober 9, 2013
Pros: provides good work/life balance
Cons: not many opportunities for growth
work atmosphere was pleasant to work in, hardest part of job was juggling multiple task without enough time to complete by deadlines. I learned alot about what it takes to run a busy, efficient office.
Learning a lot
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: great healthcare
Cons: micromanagement
Great company and people. Learned a lot about networking, working with people, working with pressure, and new technology.
Productive and fun workplace
Medical Office Assistance (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 27, 2012
A typical day at work was to make patients visit pleasent and stress free. Checking patient in/out in a timely manner, checking insurance and collecting co-pay.
Learned how to work in medical records, pulling records, filing papers in their proper place.
Working with my co-workers was fun, and enjoyable. Helping each other when needed.
Great workplace
Certified Medical Assistant II (Current Employee), White Marsh, MDSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: 45min lunches, easy to schedule a day off
Cons: sometimes we can be understaffed which makes it harder on others
A typical day at JHCP, is fast paced. Constantly vitalizing an helping other co-works if needed. Great team work, if you feel overwhelmed can always as for help. Everyone is like a big family. The most enjoyable part of this job is not every day is the same. Anything can happen, emergencies, full schedules, minor surgeries.
Friendly environment and great benefits
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Odenton, MDJune 25, 2012
Pros: free lunches from drug reps, friendly people
Cons: trying to tell a patient they would have to wait because a doctor is running behind.
Everyone is friendly and smiling, greeting patients as well as co-workers. I enjoyed working there with the doctors. They aways show their staff that they were appreciated. The administrators were always there to help and give advice during hard times. The hardest part of the job was having to send patients to the emergency room when there were no open – more... appointments. I loved the fact that the doctors tried to accommodate everyone when needed. – less