Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Employee Reviews in United States

They are great
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 31, 2016
They are really willing to work with schedules. I would do medical records and I would call other doctors office and send out files and grab them for the doctors
Productive, efficent, work place
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDIMay 10, 2016
Fast-paced environment, I learn so much working for this company and gained so much over the years, everyone is always willing to help one another. The most enjoyable part about this job is helping the patients and showing them you care as well as the company.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No starbucks
A typical day at work.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work, would be to bring patients back for physicians. Throughout the day I had to keep up with the Epic systems which patients would request medication, referrals and random questions for that doctor. The Doctor I was responsible for had 300 patients. I was also responsible for certain controls (Gucose and A1C machine ) that must be done on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very Demanding.
Very productive place to work
Patient Financial Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Mt WashingtonSeptember 10, 2015
I enjoyed working at Carefirst I learned a lot ,management staff was very helpful ,colleagues as well everyone helped each other it was one big family,plenty room for advancement to another department and or location,
Pros
flex hours
Cons
the department was outsource
Needs team work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2015
More team work needed. Management needs to attend to the needs of the staff. Not enough compensation for the work load. Patient satisfaction was great.
Productive and fun.
Front Desk Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MdAugust 6, 2015
My experience working at JHCP has been interesting. I get along with my co-workers very well, but the management is not the best. There is room for improvement. My work day consist of having interaction with patients, other healthcare professionals, vendors, answering a high volume of phone calls, taking co-payments, scheduling appointments, procedures for the patients. I learned that communication is very important, learning everything that is offered to me in order for me to do my job. The enjoyable part of my job is meeting people from all walks of life.
Cons
Only having 30 minutes for lunch.
Not a good place to work
Medical Office Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Bethesda,MDAugust 5, 2015
Very unorganized. High turnover rate. Poor management skills.
Office moral is tremendously low. Benefits are horrible. No communication between management and employees.
Pros
Cons
Poor management skills
Great
Lead Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2015
Awesome place to work. Would recommend to anyone for health care and employment.

Great leadership skills and great training
Not a workplace for an individual to pursue advancement; Nor does it have a policy benefitting for sick & vacation days
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  White PlainsApril 3, 2015
There is NO advancement where I came from. However that depends on who you are & who you know. Enough said! At the time of hire, advancement was promised to me all but the ladder to be taken away later down the road by the powers-that-be of Hopkins.

The other beef I have is JHCP benefits are horrible! There are NO sick days nor vacation days fitted anywhere into their policies!!! One has what is called PTO(Personal Time Off). One must use their PTO even when they can't get into the office due to bad weather, say for example: LOTS OF SNOW!!
I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job would have been the INCREDIBLE co-workers I got to work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
No-Advancement, Doesn't Have a Sick or Vacation Day Policy
NIce offices
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 18, 2015
Great patients and some really good physicians, very patient centered care. Need to improve on employee relations and diversity in the workplace

Want to know more about Johns Hopkins Community Physicians?

Ask a question
Medical Office Assistant
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 20, 2015
-Answering phones incoming and outgoing
-Triaging Patients
-Registering patients, check in and out
-Collecting insurance and copayment information
-Obtaining referrals and prior authorization
Excellent training provided
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2014
Johns Hopkins was an excellent place, they expend all the time necessary to prepare the employees to start in the area. The training was wonderful with a lot of detail. I learned to use the program IDX and EMR. When I started in the office was very easy for me to work with the program. All the co-workers are respectful and nice.
Employer that encourages use of skills
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 27, 2014
Have had the opportunity to use many skills that I was taught while in college which allowed me to increase my abilities/skills in these different areas.
Typical day is to bring a patient back to the exam room and prepare them for the visit with the physician. We are to document main medical problem for visit, document all vital signs, address smoking history, last visit with specialist/ER/Hospital, review medication list, confirm lab preferred for lab draws and confirm pharmacy used. In my second half of my job, I am to print off ER notes and discharge notes, organize information and place a note in patient's chart. I also call each patient that visited the ER to inquire as to how they are doing and schedule a follow-up appointment if needed.
The hardest part of the job is changes in the medical assistants responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the patient contact and making sure that they are understanding their care and receiving the care they need.
Pros
great physician communication and patient care
Cons
favoritism and micromanagement
Work Culture
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MDApril 14, 2014
I have been very blessed as the culture at JHCP is one o openness and trust. This is a place where everyone enjoys coming to work everyday. We trust each other and find comfort in confiding in each other for work or personal life. Our practice administrator allows us to use or talents and maximize on the positive aspects. He is very encouraging and always willing to lend an ear and help with any conflicts that occasionally may arise. I enjoy working with the public and serving in my community. The hardest part for me is when I cannot help a patient or am not able to give the patient what they need at the time of the visit. I want for each person that I come in contact with to remember me, by the level of service I was able to provide.
Pros
practice administrator, willing to role up his sleeves and work when we are short staffed.
Cons
lack of advancement at this time.
Friendly atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  JHCPMarch 23, 2014
Rooming patients 8hrs a day, Hardest part of the job is trying to accomplish everything you need to do within those 8hrs. Best part of the job is meeting people/patients
Pros
somewhat friendly atmosphere, benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks, poor management
Reputable work place
Extern (Former Employee) –  North Bethesda, MDMarch 21, 2014
Office staff was well organized and insured quality patient care
A place to learn new things
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job was you always had a chance to learn new things (computers systems). Meet new people from different cultures.
Pros
customer service
Cons
management
Productive Workplace
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 10, 2014
I enjoy working with Johns Hopkins Community Physicians and many others that I have worked, so I can progress to a more professional environment.
Not what I had expected
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 22, 2014
I worked at JHCP for 4 years and there was a high turnover ration in our office. Every time someone left it seem to point toward the office manager. I finally was able to see what everyone else had been telling me. I decided to move on and look for other opportunities.
Great benefits
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chester, MDJanuary 15, 2014
Great benefits, Great managers, co workers were team players, Flexable with scheduling