Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Employee Reviews

Love it here
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2017
The management is fantastic and supportive. The office environment is fun and inviting and the people are welcoming and friendly. There are many facets to this position and it is encouraged to ask questions. The interaction with the patients was always enjoyable. The only downside was sitting behind a computer for 8 hours a day but luckily breaks were given and encouraged. It is a thoroughly enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Benefits, management, engagement
Cons
Sedentary position, stressful
Jhcp
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MDApril 27, 2017
My opportunity to work at JHCP has given me lots of experience. I have always been supported. The academic reimbursement for my child was my reason for applying at this company.
Pros
college reimbursement
Extremely busy OBGYN Practice
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Odenton, MDApril 26, 2017
A typical day at work would start with triaging the night calls and emails.Patient care through the day consist of NST, labor checks, BP checks, laboratory diagnostics, diabetes teaching, injections as ordered by physician and much more.
My management was strong, resourceful, educated and carried a very deep care for the practice. They imparted invaluable wisdom into skills as a nurse.
The work place culture consisted of 9 physicians, a sonographer, 9 MA's, A front office staff, a surgical scheduler and two RN's. It was a very busy office. Most days we have 100+ patients. We also had a second office that we took care of as far as triage.
The hardest part of the job was transitioning from inpatient care to outpatient care. Despite what many believe, outpatient nursing is extremely demanding. It took a while to get a balance of time management that I could serve the physician and patients while directing the MA's and juggling the countless other responsibilities. Once obtained it was like riding a bike.
The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is happy healthy patients with happy health babies. After caring for a high risk mother that wasn't sure she could make it to term, and seeing her make it through countless tests and nurse visits. They bring the baby in and its a miracle, my work and education helped bring that miracle into the world. That is my favorite part of the job.
Pros
Lots of resources
Cons
Many days there was more work than could be completed in the 8 hours aloted.
Great place to work with incentives
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 19, 2017
I've been here for 13 yrs and I've learned how to cross train in each department. I currently work with pediatric patients Monday- Friday and enjoy every moment of it.
High pace work environment, sometimes fun
Patient Access Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for Johns Hopkins Community Physicians. If you enjoy working at a high pace and building relationships and friendships, this would be a great place to work. The downfalls were that POT is very limited due to working with patients of the Johns Hopkins branches. Also, there seemed to be a lot of favoritism amongst the older employees and managers.
Pros
On slow days, we play quiet games
Cons
Short breaks, limited POT
JHCP Shared Specialty
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 23, 2017
Creating and updating patients’ electronic health records
Managing the day-to-day operations of a medical facility
Scheduling and coordinating appointments
Verifying patient insurance
Completing and submitting insurance claims
Preparing correspondence between medical providers and their patients.
Providing quality customer service to patients
Fair place to work.
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 29, 2016
It makes for a great stepping stone.
The patients are definitely a priority, however, the employees not so much.
Management is not as available and transparent as they should be.
Productive and Structured Environtment
High Risk Referral Coordinator/MOA (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDSeptember 3, 2016
Overall a great organization
great coworkers
opportunity for training
the hardest part of the job is not getting attached to the patients
the most enjoyable part is connecting with so many amazing people
They are great
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 31, 2016
They are really willing to work with schedules. I would do medical records and I would call other doctors office and send out files and grab them for the doctors
Productive, efficent, work place
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDIMay 10, 2016
Fast-paced environment, I learn so much working for this company and gained so much over the years, everyone is always willing to help one another. The most enjoyable part about this job is helping the patients and showing them you care as well as the company.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
No starbucks
A typical day at work.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MDSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day at work, would be to bring patients back for physicians. Throughout the day I had to keep up with the Epic systems which patients would request medication, referrals and random questions for that doctor. The Doctor I was responsible for had 300 patients. I was also responsible for certain controls (Gucose and A1C machine ) that must be done on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Very Demanding.
Very productive place to work
Patient Financial Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Mt WashingtonSeptember 10, 2015
I enjoyed working at Carefirst I learned a lot ,management staff was very helpful ,colleagues as well everyone helped each other it was one big family,plenty room for advancement to another department and or location,
Pros
flex hours
Cons
the department was outsource
Needs team work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2015
More team work needed. Management needs to attend to the needs of the staff. Not enough compensation for the work load. Patient satisfaction was great.
Productive and fun.
Front Desk Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MdAugust 6, 2015
My experience working at JHCP has been interesting. I get along with my co-workers very well, but the management is not the best. There is room for improvement. My work day consist of having interaction with patients, other healthcare professionals, vendors, answering a high volume of phone calls, taking co-payments, scheduling appointments, procedures for the patients. I learned that communication is very important, learning everything that is offered to me in order for me to do my job. The enjoyable part of my job is meeting people from all walks of life.
Cons
Only having 30 minutes for lunch.
Not a good place to work
Medical Office Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Bethesda,MDAugust 5, 2015
Very unorganized. High turnover rate. Poor management skills.
Office moral is tremendously low. Benefits are horrible. No communication between management and employees.
Pros
Cons
Poor management skills
Not a workplace for an individual to pursue advancement; Nor does it have a policy benefitting for sick & vacation days
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  White PlainsApril 3, 2015
There is NO advancement where I came from. However that depends on who you are & who you know. Enough said! At the time of hire, advancement was promised to me all but the ladder to be taken away later down the road by the powers-that-be of Hopkins.

The other beef I have is JHCP benefits are horrible! There are NO sick days nor vacation days fitted anywhere into their policies!!! One has what is called PTO(Personal Time Off). One must use their PTO even when they can't get into the office due to bad weather, say for example: LOTS OF SNOW!!
I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job would have been the INCREDIBLE co-workers I got to work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
No-Advancement, Doesn't Have a Sick or Vacation Day Policy
NIce offices
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 18, 2015
Great patients and some really good physicians, very patient centered care. Need to improve on employee relations and diversity in the workplace
Medical Office Assistant
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 20, 2015
-Answering phones incoming and outgoing
-Triaging Patients
-Registering patients, check in and out
-Collecting insurance and copayment information
-Obtaining referrals and prior authorization
Excellent training provided
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 30, 2014
Johns Hopkins was an excellent place, they expend all the time necessary to prepare the employees to start in the area. The training was wonderful with a lot of detail. I learned to use the program IDX and EMR. When I started in the office was very easy for me to work with the program. All the co-workers are respectful and nice.
Employer that encourages use of skills
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 27, 2014
Have had the opportunity to use many skills that I was taught while in college which allowed me to increase my abilities/skills in these different areas.
Typical day is to bring a patient back to the exam room and prepare them for the visit with the physician. We are to document main medical problem for visit, document all vital signs, address smoking history, last visit with specialist/ER/Hospital, review medication list, confirm lab preferred for lab draws and confirm pharmacy used. In my second half of my job, I am to print off ER notes and discharge notes, organize information and place a note in patient's chart. I also call each patient that visited the ER to inquire as to how they are doing and schedule a follow-up appointment if needed.
The hardest part of the job is changes in the medical assistants responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the patient contact and making sure that they are understanding their care and receiving the care they need.
Pros
Great physician communication and patient care
Cons
Favoritism and micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Community Physicians. Our community is ready to answer.

Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Reviews by Location