Johns Hopkins Health System Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
I loved working in Medical Surgical at Large Metropolitan Hospital I love the educational learning skills, experience.
Registered Nurse Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2017
Though I didn't spend much time there because I was already working full time elsewhere with needed benefits. A typical day was hectic. I had to care for patients right out of surgery after recovery. This required a lot of skills and knowledge which I learned as a new grad. I was eager and energetic. I was enthusiastic. The work place was a nurturing and a teaching workplace. The staff was friendly. The nurse clinical specialist was friendly eager to teach, and demonstrated patience. I learned how to care for patience with many post op conditions. organ transplant was the specialty on this unit. I also worked on step down cardiac care unit. . The most enjoyable part was taking care of patients learning to be a medical surgical nurse. The hardest part was leaving the job. I was physically unable to work two jobs nearly full time on both.
Pros
educational, friendly workplace
Cons
little to no benefits
Johns Hopkins Health System is a great place to work.
Epic Clinical Report Writer II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2017
JHHS is dedicated to quality care for the patients along with a work/life balance for employees. The pay is lower than market, but the benefits and flexiblity are above average.
Pros
Flexibility, work/life balance, training, benefits
Cons
Lower pay
Environmental Service Supervisor
Environmental Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2017
As a Environmental Care Supervisor, I am running three building and 29 employees, it is at time stressful, I wish there was another supervisor helping me. At times I miss my lunch and running around to one building and getting call from another building that I need to come over and constantly called on the radio. and working the 2nd shift keeping me busy and having so many protect to complete in one day , no third shift, making sure everything is OK for the next day when it come to patients, visitor and staff. Sometimes staying over and not getting paid.
Pros
getting off from work
Cons
working the second shift by myself
What ever it may be for you
Evc worker (Current Employee) –  Cancer treatment centerAugust 21, 2017
All I want is somewhere to work and not be hassled and lied on,This job has stressed me out tremendously ,very depressed ............................
Busy place. Always learning, Great mangers. Diverse workplace. hardest part is dealing with angry patients. Best part of job is solving their problems
Patient Access Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21226August 18, 2017
Busy environment. Learnt a lot including the epic system. Managers are great and helpful. It is a diverse workplace. Angry patient makes job difficult. Helping solve their problems makes it enjoyable .
Pros
Great team players
Cons
Salary
great place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2017
professional environment that you can pick up alo of skills and working in a hospital givesyou the chance to learn different computer programs used in hospitals
Unorganized, stressful, poor management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 9, 2017
The hardest part is lack of teamwork, polices, and procedures. Management do not have on the job training. No support from management only noticed when doing something wrong in their eyes.
Pros
Get paid every two weeks, off weekends and holidays
Cons
No breaks, short staff due to high turnover rate
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2017
Hopkins culture promotes continuous personal and professional development and desire to better the life of people in surrounding communities and the rest of the world.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Distance
quick paced
Revenue Control Coordinator - Blue Cross team (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2017
My work day consisted of telephone calls to Blue Cross for follow-up on outstanding claims. Daily mail. Submitting appeals. Working assigned queues. Submitting excel spread sheet for denied claims and/or multiple outstanding claims
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Room for advancement
Okay
Environmental Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2017
I really just miss the money, benefits, paid time off. The people, the job pays for education, for you and your children. The benefits are pretty nice. Having paid days off to relax
Ancient Culture
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2017
While Johns Hopkins is doing revolutionary research in medicine, they remain antiquated in their policies. This makes any change impossible to get done.

The politics and ancient views will drive you away.
Johns Hopkins
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2017
Johns Hopkins is a huge organization that has many moving parts and dynamic people. It a great institution to learn from the brightest minds in the industry.
Pros
family focused
Cons
slow to adopt and change
Amazing Place To Build Your Career
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 18, 2017
Hopkins is about leading the healthcare and helping communities that surround us. This is shown in the every-day attitude of all employees I have the pleasure interacting with. Hopkins provides the great tools to help one grow and continue self- and career-development.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long commute
Its a ok enviroment
Enviromental care worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2017
Well its a start to transform your careers.It can help you go to school,it's a union job paid vacation ,management could be a whole lot better but its a job.
Pros
Vacation and the union
Cons
Managwmwnt
Nice place to work
Patient Access Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 10, 2017
I enjoy helping others, so this department was a great place to start. My team is amazing and supportive. Your are given all the tools necessary to succeed. Their are plenty of ways to grow and move up in the company
Fun workplace
John Hopkins translational tissue engineering (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2017
Very professional work setting, felt comfortable working there, a lot of youth working there, very quiet , no distractions , made the learning experience fun and easy
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
N/a
Productive workplace
Call Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 9, 2017
Otolaryngology department: Answer all incoming calls, schedule appointments, insurance verifications, updated personal information and transfers calls to the appropriate departments if needed to. Experience with Epic system.
Not the best experience
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2017
This should not reflect on the main Johns Hopkins facility in downtown Baltimore. Working here was a great way to get my feet wet as a therapist but after the initial year I was stressed and overworked. I'm not sure if the culture has changed but this would be good as an initial job.
JHHS- What can I say?
Radiology - Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2017
this is a great place to work; pay ins't all that great but benefits are awesome for employees.

Compensations is great for newly hired employees but once hired low pay increases.

I worked there 12 years prior to relocating from the state of MD.
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
compensation
Good work place to work
Patient Escort (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2017
If you love caring and taking care of people this is the job for you. Lots of walking and getting to know your patients and making them feel at ease for the couple mins that you are with them