Johns Hopkins HealthCare

Johns Hopkins HealthCare Employer Reviews

Good place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDOctober 15, 2013
Working with the Johns Hopkins Healthcare in the IT department is a good job. There is room for movement and the camaraderie is pleasant. Fellow Employees really opened to helping you build your skills.
fun work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 20, 2013
was a good company all around everyone works together as a team.
Great place for career advancement
Care Management Clerk (Former Employee), Glen, MSJuly 18, 2013
Pros: career advancement, benefits, parking, the best of the best
Cons: communte
Johns Hopkins Healthcare is an excellent place to work especially for employees who are aspiring to excell in their career. I began my career as a clerk during my last year of college. Barely two years later, I have been promoted twice. Now I telecommute to work as an Outreach Community Health Worker. I am not required to go to the office and sit behind – more... a desk. I literally can roll out of bed and work from home or within the community. Its an excellent position and I am extremely grateful. I am only 24, so I can only imagine where I will be in another two years with this company. – less
Training Project Manager
Training Project Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 24, 2013
Training Project Manager for The Johns Hopkins Epic EMR Implementation. Coordinate and plan training sessions for Ambulatory First and Community Division modules: Cadence/Prelude and EpiCare, for a total of over 40 applications. Manage and coordinate all logistical aspects for training sessions at multiple JHH-owned facilities: tent card assignments, – more... inventory control, hardware and software applications, supplies. Provide End-user guidance; Draft, create and publish Credentialed Trainer’s Guide: a comprehensive informational resource for directives on policies and protocol, training site logistics, contact information, etc. Primary point of contact for all coordination efforts. – less
Priority Partners Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2013
Hours 7:30-3:30
Hardest part is the almost daily change in company guidelines pertaining to the processing of medical claims.
Professional enviorment
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDMarch 18, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunch
The call center is a busy workplace. I learning and gaining experience in the Medicaid Field. Co workers are fun to be around. The hardest part of the job is not having the proper tools to complete the job.
Assocaited with Johns Hopkins Hospital, many lines of buisness. Managed Care Organization
Telephonic Disease Case Manager (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDNovember 21, 2012
Company going through huge reorganization.
Many great employees, but wrought with poor leadership
Support area (Current Employee), Glen BurnieOctober 23, 2012
Pros: convenient location (glen burnie)
Cons: sub-par, out of touch leadership & little opportunity for advancement
JHHC offers mediocre pay and benefits, no 403b match, recent reductions in health benefits, and for most staff there are ever increasing workloads due to understaffed depts.

Leadership is lacking and it seems the good managers move on. The overall mission of the org is good, but as an employee one does not get the support, appreciation or tools needed – more... to succeed in accomplishing the goals set forth by the org.

My recommendation to JHHC, hire and properly train qualified leadership and managers, trust and support all employees and provide appropriate pay and benefits. – less
No Fun To Work at JHHC
IT Employee (Former Employee), Glen Burnie OfficeOctober 14, 2012
Pros: leaving for the day
Cons: going into that glen burnie office each day.
Low pay. Very toxic work environment. Would not recommend it to anyone I know who works in healthcare or technology side of the healthcare industry.
Managers are not very qualified for their positions and have a tendency to blame the people who do the real work for the companies' inadequacies. Definitely not a positive place to work.
My advice....Look – more... elsewhere. – less
Productive and fun place to work, and yes with a ping pong table.
Quality Assurance Analyst I (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 18, 2012
Pros: incentives and holidays.
Cons: distance to get to work.
A typical day at work for me is calm and friendly, everyone in your immediate department or passing has a smile and always willing to greet you day after day. I have learned how to use different computer systems. My co-workers in my immediate department are truly a team in every sense of the word, we work together extremely well, and help one another – more... without fail or complaint. I also have a wonderful supervisor as well, and she trust the team she has. She trust us because we are a great group of employee's, we do what is expected of us and more, we keep her equipped with whatever she needs, and we make her job easier, because she works hard for us. The hardest part would be to leave them. The enjoyable part is that we all, each and everyone of us have the same heart, we have genuine concern for one another, and we have good clean fun, laughing and joking. It's a great place to work. – less
Productive and Great Place to work
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Coordinator (Current Employee), Johns Hopkins HealthcareJune 19, 2012
Hopkins is a great place to work. We have ample opportunitites to give back to the community. I've learned how to address various health needs and how to remain healthy. Management has an open door policy and are willing to explore new ideas with the employees.