Johns Hopkins HealthCare Employee Reviews in United States

Great opportunity for career growth.
Administrative Coordinator, Provider Relations (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 13, 2015
Excellent employer, opportunity for internal growth and great benefits. Job culture is productive but fun. Coworkers are willing to help, management wants to help train those in need of help.
Many great employees, but wrought with poor leadership
Support area (Current Employee) –  Glen BurnieOctober 23, 2012
JHHC offers mediocre pay and benefits, no 403b match, recent reductions in health benefits, and for most staff there are ever increasing workloads due to understaffed depts.

Leadership is lacking and it seems the good managers move on. The overall mission of the org is good, but as an employee one does not get the support, appreciation or tools needed to succeed in accomplishing the goals set forth by the org.

My recommendation to JHHC, hire and properly train qualified leadership and managers, trust and support all employees and provide appropriate pay and benefits.
Pros
convenient location (glen burnie)
Cons
sub-par, out of touch leadership & little opportunity for advancement
Great place for career advancement
Care Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glen, MSJuly 18, 2013
Johns Hopkins Healthcare is an excellent place to work especially for employees who are aspiring to excell in their career. I began my career as a clerk during my last year of college. Barely two years later, I have been promoted twice. Now I telecommute to work as an Outreach Community Health Worker. I am not required to go to the office and sit behind a desk. I literally can roll out of bed and work from home or within the community. Its an excellent position and I am extremely grateful. I am only 24, so I can only imagine where I will be in another two years with this company.
Pros
career advancement, benefits, parking, the best of the best
Cons
communte
Co-worker relationships are good
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 17, 2015
Upper management needs help. The co-workers were great. People are punished for speaking up for themselves and if you do so, you will not be able to advance in this company.
JHHC Cares
Pharmacy Claim Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 14, 2015
My typical work day would consist of working independently on prior authorizations for the pharmacy department. I have over 15 years experience handling customer care calls regarding any issues with pharmacy claims. I have a strong medical background with knowledge of nursing and pharmacy education. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have the opportunity to participate in our Wellness activities on site at my job. Ranking at the top, my coworkers are the best to work with and very understanding. I've learned a lot working where I work and having the opportunity to finish my Master's degree made working for this company all the worthwhile and the relationships I have formed. Management is exceptional and carryout the needs of the company and employees. I am looking for an opportunity to grow beyond the pharmacy department and move forward into healthcare management.
JHHC was a very nice place to work.
Benefit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMay 20, 2015
Our team worked well together. There is a family spirit amongst the workers that always welcomes you in. The managers were great and understanding with everyday issues.
Great work environment, I work from home.
Complex Case Management (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 5, 2015
This position was supposed to be the job I retired from. However I got the opportunity to move to a new city. Although I was generously allowed to continue employment I began to miss having direct on hands contact with patients.
Pros
good people, good pay
Cons
too far away
Training Project Manager
Training Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 24, 2013
Training Project Manager for The Johns Hopkins Epic EMR Implementation. Coordinate and plan training sessions for Ambulatory First and Community Division modules: Cadence/Prelude and EpiCare, for a total of over 40 applications. Manage and coordinate all logistical aspects for training sessions at multiple JHH-owned facilities: tent card assignments, inventory control, hardware and software applications, supplies. Provide End-user guidance; Draft, create and publish Credentialed Trainer’s Guide: a comprehensive informational resource for directives on policies and protocol, training site logistics, contact information, etc. Primary point of contact for all coordination efforts.
Productive and fun place to work, and yes with a ping pong table.
Quality Assurance Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 18, 2012
A typical day at work for me is calm and friendly, everyone in your immediate department or passing has a smile and always willing to greet you day after day. I have learned how to use different computer systems. My co-workers in my immediate department are truly a team in every sense of the word, we work together extremely well, and help one another without fail or complaint. I also have a wonderful supervisor as well, and she trust the team she has. She trust us because we are a great group of employee's, we do what is expected of us and more, we keep her equipped with whatever she needs, and we make her job easier, because she works hard for us. The hardest part would be to leave them. The enjoyable part is that we all, each and everyone of us have the same heart, we have genuine concern for one another, and we have good clean fun, laughing and joking. It's a great place to work.
Pros
incentives and holidays.
Cons
distance to get to work.
Productive and Great Place to work
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johns Hopkins HealthcareJune 19, 2012
Hopkins is a great place to work. We have ample opportunitites to give back to the community. I've learned how to address various health needs and how to remain healthy. Management has an open door policy and are willing to explore new ideas with the employees.
No Fun To Work at JHHC
IT Employee (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie OfficeOctober 14, 2012
Low pay. Very toxic work environment. Would not recommend it to anyone I know who works in healthcare or technology side of the healthcare industry.
Managers are not very qualified for their positions and have a tendency to blame the people who do the real work for the companies' inadequacies. Definitely not a positive place to work.
My advice....Look elsewhere.
Pros
leaving for the day
Cons
going into that glen burnie office each day.
fun, and very friendly environment
Maternity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  glenbiurnie mdSeptember 30, 2014
a typical day consisted of reviewing case load, following up with your outstanding cases, making phone calls, doing paper work.....it was a good place to work for. The working from home aspect just was not a good fit for me.
Professional enviorment
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 18, 2013
The call center is a busy workplace. I learning and gaining experience in the Medicaid Field. Co workers are fun to be around. The hardest part of the job is not having the proper tools to complete the job.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Assocaited with Johns Hopkins Hospital, many lines of buisness. Managed Care Organization
Telephonic Disease Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 21, 2012
Company going through huge reorganization.
Good place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDOctober 15, 2013
Working with the Johns Hopkins Healthcare in the IT department is a good job. There is room for movement and the camaraderie is pleasant. Fellow Employees really opened to helping you build your skills.
Great educational benefits
Application Support Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJune 10, 2014
The tuition reimbursement is outstanding. I have met some great people.
Priority Partners Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2013
Hours 7:30-3:30
Hardest part is the almost daily change in company guidelines pertaining to the processing of medical claims.
fun work place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDSeptember 20, 2013
was a good company all around everyone works together as a team.