Johns Hopkins Home Care Group Employee Reviews in United States

Fulfilling enviroment with room for growth and professional development
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2014
The Johns Hopkins outpatient pharmacies offer the ability for a pharmacy technician to learn and grow outside of your typical retail pharmacy environment. Typical work day is fast paced and busy, one would need to like working at that pace in order to enjoy working for this company.

Management team is supportive of the needs from their staff and actively listen to their teams issues or concerns, always looking for ways to improve the system. Your co-workers are helpful when you ask questions and they provide standard operating procedures for all processes in the event you have a question. They really put in a lot of effort to equip you with the tools you need to get the job done.

The most enjoyable part about this job is truly being able to help patients. If you have a love for helping people, this is the place for you. The Outpatient Pharmacies allow you to work with patients from various backgrounds and be that final caring face they see before they leave the hospital.
Pros
great benefits, discount on prescription medications, flexible hours
Home Care
Assistant (Current Employee) –  hhsOctober 1, 2015
I learned a lot working for JHHCG , where I was able to utilize my skills and learn a lot about home health services and durable medical equipment
Pros
Great benefit packets
Cons
some persons in leadership were inexperienced and lacked interpersonal skills
Not what you would expect of Johns Hopkins!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore,MDMay 16, 2014
What can I say about this place? For starters I was trained one way for 6 weeks and then when I went to my actual site was given bad reviews because I was expected to do it a different way from what I was trained by the Technician Trainer. Pharmacy Technicians are not allowed to reconstitute suspensions or do any non-sterile compounding. Your job duties depends on which pharmacist is working because there is no protocol in place for day to day activities. This place was so unorganized and management very sneaky. Whats the point of having good health insurance if you never have time to use it? Great place to have on your resume!
Pros
excellent health insurance, having jhh on your resume looks great!
Cons
low salary, poor management, limited pharmacy technician duties
Difficult to be 'best of the best' when help is needed
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2015
The company continues to grow rapidly, however employment does not (where it is greatly needed). All in all, it's a good place to work with good benefits, however there is not a retirement program (other than the 403B)
fullfilling, In the fact im helping people
Service Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 24, 2013
A day at work is safety first ,being i do alot of driving & delivery critacal product like medication & a mistake can cost someone their life. I learned that life is precious & fragile seeing alot of ill people i appreciate family,friends,& good health. I dont let much stress me & dont hold gruges from one moment to the next,eat well & exercise. Management do their job well means job sercurity for my co workers & i. hardest part of the job is going in to dirty homes. The most enjoyable part is a mix between being in the field vs being inside all day & helping people.
Pros
alot of vacation time
Cons
really low annual pay rises
Rewarding work/ poor leadership
Outpatient Pharmacy Staff (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 8, 2014
The outpatient pharmacies do a lot of good work with the Hopkins community.

However, senior department management does not communicate well or motivate employees.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
confusing communication, poor leadership, lack of consistency in policies and procuedures
Extremely nice place to work and grow
Summer Hire Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2014
I worked in several different departments during my time here as a summer hire, and so it is difficult to say what a typical day would include. I learned many different skill sets that have helped me in other jobs as well. The management was wonderful and everyone was inviting. I absolutely loved the time I spent working here.
Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 19, 2012
It is far better to work here than any retail setting even though it is still an outpatient setting. The amount of help alotted from management is unheard of.
Peds at Home
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MDApril 16, 2012
Flexible scheduling and common sense management that has good understanding staff and patient needs.
Process Data Entry of prescriptions for patients (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2014
You can network with other people if you want to learn something you haven't done before.
Pros
good hours
good company
IV Home Care Coordinator and DME specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJuly 4, 2012
I worked as a customer service IV rep between pharmacy and home care patients. Managing their iv supplies and making sure their drugs were delivered on time. I had to stay focused and very organized.