Johns Hopkins Home Care Group

Johns Hopkins Home Care Group Employer Reviews

just a place with a name to look good on ur resume
pharm tech (Former Employee), out patient pharmacy's --August 10, 2014
Pros: insurance was awesome ... and jhh will "look good" on ur resume
Cons: short disrespectful breaks, no real room for advancement, childish uniforms, no real team work, everyone complains
as a tech u want to feel important just as much as the pharm d ...well here ur treated like kids .... the pharm d talks to u like your children because they're so use to the old techs not doing what they are told . they care more about appearance than they do about the actual work life . they don't want you to even look professional . they rather u – more... wear uniformed high school kids clothing unlike smocks or scrubs or professional dress clothes in uniformed colors . this was the worst pharm tech job i had. everyone complains .... and almost every old employee is now gone (2014 JUly) ! that should tell u A LOT ! new people came & left so quick it was sad. and they pay terrible . no OVERTIME or u will get written up .

oh write ups were the most petty thing i have seen . it was like working in a high school classroom environment. and unlike other jobs where u get a grace period ... there is NONE !

WITH THE TRAFFIC THEY HAVE SURROUNDING THE HOSPITAL CAMPUS u would at least think they would care enough to consider it. the worst congested area i have seen . Leave extremely early to be on time because its ALWAYS something goin on down that area ALWAYS !

and beware of the neighborhood ... pray you get off early!

OH AND ALSO one pharmacy will have u feeling like ur a cashier rather than a certified pharm tech ( monument )

A TYPICAL DAY : lets see
count ur cash register / help patients or get ready to product dispense or in take an Rx .... answer phones (they phone watch too because no one picks them up )

WHATS GOOD ABOUT JHH

just the insurance really , the convenience of food places they have for lunch , the hospital outpatient experience and u do get to experience working with a wide range of different drugs and its generics .... and if ur a people person you will love working with the patients

what I've learned ...
just how different there system was compared to other pharmacy's
and how the other pharmacy's are completely different as well

TRUST ME THIS REVIEW IS NOT OVER EXAGGERATED – less
Process Data Entry of prescriptions for patients (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good hours
You can network with other people if you want to learn something you haven't done before.
Not what you would expect of Johns Hopkins!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore,MDMay 16, 2014
Pros: excellent health insurance, having jhh on your resume looks great!
Cons: low salary, poor management, limited pharmacy technician duties
What can I say about this place? For starters I was trained one way for 6 weeks and then when I went to my actual site was given bad reviews because I was expected to do it a different way from what I was trained by the Technician Trainer. Pharmacy Technicians are not allowed to reconstitute suspensions or do any non-sterile compounding. Your job duties – more... depends on which pharmacist is working because there is no protocol in place for day to day activities. This place was so unorganized and management very sneaky. Whats the point of having good health insurance if you never have time to use it? Great place to have on your resume! – less
Extremely nice place to work and grow
Summer Hire Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2014
I worked in several different departments during my time here as a summer hire, and so it is difficult to say what a typical day would include. I learned many different skill sets that have helped me in other jobs as well. The management was wonderful and everyone was inviting. I absolutely loved the time I spent working here.
fullfilling, In the fact im helping people
Service Specialist 2 (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 24, 2013
Pros: alot of vacation time
Cons: really low annual pay rises
A day at work is safety first ,being i do alot of driving & delivery critacal product like medication & a mistake can cost someone their life. I learned that life is precious & fragile seeing alot of ill people i appreciate family,friends,& good health. I dont let much stress me & dont hold gruges from one moment to the next,eat well & exercise. Management – more... do their job well means job sercurity for my co workers & i. hardest part of the job is going in to dirty homes. The most enjoyable part is a mix between being in the field vs being inside all day & helping people. – less
good company
IV Home Care Coordinator and DME specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandJuly 4, 2012
I worked as a customer service IV rep between pharmacy and home care patients. Managing their iv supplies and making sure their drugs were delivered on time. I had to stay focused and very organized.
Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 19, 2012
It is far better to work here than any retail setting even though it is still an outpatient setting. The amount of help alotted from management is unheard of.
Peds at Home
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore MDApril 16, 2012
Flexible scheduling and common sense management that has good understanding staff and patient needs.