Johns Hopkins Home Care Group Employee Reviews

professional and organized
Staff P.T (Current Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDDecember 14, 2016
Very professional and attentive to professional growth. The entire organization has been very concerned and involved with each employees success and development. Hopkins fully equips me to succeed as a PT both in education and resources.
Pros
professional development, accessibility to management
Cons
low compensation, weekend and holiday requirements
Great company to work for.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21287October 10, 2016
A typical work day was very hectic, but with the staff we had, it was fun, too. I didn't agree with ALL the way things were done, and up until a new manager came in and took over, we were like a family and we liked coming t work. Once the new management took over, the morale went down, horribly. Over the course of 3 years, all of us left the Pharmacy to go work elsewhere, all due to one or two people.
Pros
GREAT pay, provided free luches sometimes
Cons
not much respect from the higher ups, new and helpful ideas aren't usually considered
Short term temporary assignment
Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  The Johns Hopkins Hospital - Baltimore MDJune 30, 2016
A typical day in this position consisted of arranging home medical care for patients that were being discharged from JHH
I learned that a lot of work goes into coordinating home medical services and supplies.
Management was precise.
Had a great bunch of coworkers
The biggest obstacle I faced was the coordination between the patient's services that were needed, there type of insurance and what companies took that particular insurance. It was a great learning experience.
Best part of the job was the inner feeling when all services came together and knowing the patient would benefit in the end.
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
Extremely stressful
Manger is great
PT Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 14, 2015
You would think with a name like hopkins they would take better care of the employee's but they don't but they want you to take care of the patients.
Pros
GREAT PEOPLE
Cons
CLOSE TO HOME
Home Care
Assistant (Current Employee) –  hhsOctober 1, 2015
I learned a lot working for JHHCG , where I was able to utilize my skills and learn a lot about home health services and durable medical equipment
Pros
Great benefit packets
Cons
some persons in leadership were inexperienced and lacked interpersonal skills
Difficult to be 'best of the best' when help is needed
Physician Liaison (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 29, 2015
The company continues to grow rapidly, however employment does not (where it is greatly needed). All in all, it's a good place to work with good benefits, however there is not a retirement program (other than the 403B)
Fulfilling enviroment with room for growth and professional development
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 5, 2014
The Johns Hopkins outpatient pharmacies offer the ability for a pharmacy technician to learn and grow outside of your typical retail pharmacy environment. Typical work day is fast paced and busy, one would need to like working at that pace in order to enjoy working for this company.

Management team is supportive of the needs from their staff and actively listen to their teams issues or concerns, always looking for ways to improve the system. Your co-workers are helpful when you ask questions and they provide standard operating procedures for all processes in the event you have a question. They really put in a lot of effort to equip you with the tools you need to get the job done.

The most enjoyable part about this job is truly being able to help patients. If you have a love for helping people, this is the place for you. The Outpatient Pharmacies allow you to work with patients from various backgrounds and be that final caring face they see before they leave the hospital.
Pros
Great benefits, discount on prescription medications, flexible hours
Rewarding work/ poor leadership
Outpatient Pharmacy Staff (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 8, 2014
The outpatient pharmacies do a lot of good work with the Hopkins community.

However, senior department management does not communicate well or motivate employees.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
confusing communication, poor leadership, lack of consistency in policies and procuedures
just a place with a name to look good on ur resume
pharm tech (Former Employee) –  out patient pharmacy's --August 10, 2014
as a tech u want to feel important just as much as the pharm d ...well here ur treated like kids .... the pharm d talks to u like your children because they're so use to the old techs not doing what they are told . they care more about appearance than they do about the actual work life . they don't want you to even look professional . they rather u wear uniformed high school kids clothing unlike smocks or scrubs or professional dress clothes in uniformed colors . this was the worst pharm tech job i had. everyone complains .... and almost every old employee is now gone (2014 JUly) ! that should tell u A LOT ! new people came & left so quick it was sad. and they pay terrible . no OVERTIME or u will get written up .

oh write ups were the most petty thing i have seen . it was like working in a high school classroom environment. and unlike other jobs where u get a grace period ... there is NONE !

WITH THE TRAFFIC THEY HAVE SURROUNDING THE HOSPITAL CAMPUS u would at least think they would care enough to consider it. the worst congested area i have seen . Leave extremely early to be on time because its ALWAYS something goin on down that area ALWAYS !

and beware of the neighborhood ... pray you get off early!

OH AND ALSO one pharmacy will have u feeling like ur a cashier rather than a certified pharm tech ( monument )

A TYPICAL DAY : lets see
count ur cash register / help patients or get ready to product dispense or in take an Rx .... answer phones (they phone watch too because no one picks them up )

WHATS GOOD ABOUT JHH

just the insurance really
  more... , the convenience of food places they have for lunch , the hospital outpatient experience and u do get to experience working with a wide range of different drugs and its generics .... and if ur a people person you will love working with the patients

what I've learned ...
just how different there system was compared to other pharmacy's
and how the other pharmacy's are completely different as well

TRUST ME THIS REVIEW IS NOT OVER EXAGGERATED
Pros
INSURANCE WAS AWESOME ... and jhh will "look good" on ur resume
Cons
short disrespectful breaks, no real room for advancement, childish uniforms, no real team work, everyone complains
Process Data Entry of prescriptions for patients (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2014
You can network with other people if you want to learn something you haven't done before.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Not what you would expect of Johns Hopkins!
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore,MDMay 16, 2014
What can I say about this place? For starters I was trained one way for 6 weeks and then when I went to my actual site was given bad reviews because I was expected to do it a different way from what I was trained by the Technician Trainer. Pharmacy Technicians are not allowed to reconstitute suspensions or do any non-sterile compounding. Your job duties depends on which pharmacist is working because there is no protocol in place for day to day activities. This place was so unorganized and management very sneaky. Whats the point of having good health insurance if you never have time to use it? Great place to have on your resume!
Pros
Excellent health insurance, Having JHH on your resume looks great!
Cons
Low salary, poor management, limited Pharmacy Technician duties
Extremely nice place to work and grow
Summer Hire Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2014
I worked in several different departments during my time here as a summer hire, and so it is difficult to say what a typical day would include. I learned many different skill sets that have helped me in other jobs as well. The management was wonderful and everyone was inviting. I absolutely loved the time I spent working here.
fullfilling, In the fact im helping people
Service Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 24, 2013
A day at work is safety first ,being i do alot of driving & delivery critacal product like medication & a mistake can cost someone their life. I learned that life is precious & fragile seeing alot of ill people i appreciate family,friends,& good health. I dont let much stress me & dont hold gruges from one moment to the next,eat well & exercise. Management do their job well means job sercurity for my co workers & i. hardest part of the job is going in to dirty homes. The most enjoyable part is a mix between being in the field vs being inside all day & helping people.
Pros
alot of vacation time
Cons
really low annual pay rises
good company
IV Home Care Coordinator and DME specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJuly 4, 2012
I worked as a customer service IV rep between pharmacy and home care patients. Managing their iv supplies and making sure their drugs were delivered on time. I had to stay focused and very organized.
Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 19, 2012
It is far better to work here than any retail setting even though it is still an outpatient setting. The amount of help alotted from management is unheard of.
Peds at Home
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore MDApril 16, 2012
Flexible scheduling and common sense management that has good understanding staff and patient needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Home Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Johns Hopkins Home Care Group Reviews by Location