Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Friendly and social
Nutrition Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 15, 2016
Not really a bad place to work but it can hard to really move up due to the shortage, on workers on top of people calling outs. Also working in food service in the department of nutrition working in the cafeteria; there are not but so many opportunities to advance. It is more of a place to get your foot in the door, and to give you a chance to grow as a worker. But my days working there and growing help to be prepared , because at times you really don't know what you are going to walk yourself into from day to day. But that's the optimistic part of working at Johns Hopkins Hospital in nutrition; it gives you a chance to really develop as a worker and to be a team player. So if it's one thing that I can so honestly say that I learned from the time, I have been and to discipline. In a way I was able to benefit from that and being apart world known hospital. Working there has helped with dealing the real world and helped make it easier to maintain.
Pros
Weekends and Holidays off, and time off with pay
Cons
Being short staffed
best place to work
Clinical Technician/OB (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2016
great opportunity hoping to come back soon. flexible hours the people are friendly and everyone is like family.@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Pros
great work atomsphere
Cons
neighborhood
Good to place to work and advancement
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 9, 2016
Great place to work and learn with many opportunities for advancement. Johns Hopkins have difficult cases to code, but it is great learning and a challenge.
Pros
get more education with Tution Remission
Cons
Parking is difficulty
The Best Teaching Hospital....Period
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 9, 2016
I learned a lot while working for this hospital. I was awarded for my hard work continuously. I learned a lot! My interest into Nursing was sparked from working here. I would love to return someday.
Pros
Great Learner Enviroment....Great Advancement Opportunities
Cons
There is no downside
Good place to work very diverse
Environmental Care Worker / Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 9, 2016
Its a cool place to work, a lot of opportunities for advancement. Bad supervision and management is my only problem. Very diverse environment, good benefits...
Supervisor, Admission Services & O.R Registration (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 1, 2016
A Great place to work. I have been employed here for 9 years. I started out in an entry level position to now in management. JHH is big on the growth of their employees from education to health and fitness.
Pros
The Benefits are excellent
Cons
Parking is not great unless you pay for the garage
lots of OT available
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2016
lots of available shifts, schedules.. plenty of OT available. management not so good, but benefits are great. get what you can and move forward whether with the company or without.
Productive and secure work place ,excellent benefits
Lab Technician II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2016
I begin work at 5:30am. I get an assigned unit for blood collection. Assist co-workers with patient's they were un able to collect blood from as well as help out on any units that weren't completed.
8am I work in our outpatient clinic were I also collect blood and urine specimens from patients. If assigned to the front desk, I register patients in Epic and Soft ID program. My coworkers and I get along. The hardest part of my job is the hours and shift I work. I enjoy interacting with patients from all walks of life. I meet people from everywhere. I enjoy the conversations. I love it when patient's request me as their Lab Technician, it let me know that I am very good at my job and I take pride in knowing that I meet the needs of my patient's.
Pros
I meet different people every day.
Cons
My hours.
Goal oriented, fun and engaged with a gym.
International Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2016
My day starts with meeting with international patients and escort them to the clinics where they are getting the health care services. Part of my job is to interpret from English to Arabic and vice versa. As a care coordinator, I have learnt a lot about the following:
- Health care management
- Health care billing
- Care coordination
- Interpreting consecutively
- Patients safety and privacy ( HIPAA)
- Employees engagement
The hardest part of the job is that it is a fast paced business that taught me to be accuracy and swift action, and attention to detail.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the patient is treated and their goal is attained.
Productive work place
Information Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 3, 2016
My co workers are great.

Management could be better.

The hardest part is when other departments don't work with us as team.

Free lunch in the office is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
One hour lunch breaks.
Cons
Hourly Pay
good salary , poor maagement
International care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 3, 2016
good place to work .they need to improve the management , people are good but the system needs to be improved. And this is the patient opinion too.
great employment opportunity
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 27, 2016
great company to work for, very caring and compassionate to both patients and staff. Salary is low but to have Hopkins on your resume will boost your career path.
terrible very very bad
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2016
you wont like the pay, or the hard work, or the management. no regauds for patients or staff. overall stay away its just about the Hopkins Name
Oppurtunity for growth and learning
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 5, 2016
Hopkins provides a wonderful educational opportunity to employees. You are learning from some of the best care practitioners in the world. In field of spiritual care and chaplaincy you can work with cunning edge programs that can redefine what it means to offer chaplaincy.
This is one of the most demanding institutions in the world and you may find it hard to strike a good work life balance.
Multicultural, educational environment
RESEARCH PROJECT - Pressure Ulcers Advisory Board (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2016
Very competitive environment to work, multicultural and educational environment. Difficult to advance in career, job recruitment takes along time due to shortage of staffing.
Pros
Multicultural
Cons
advancement in career is difficult
Bloomberg
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2016
I love working at Hopkins. My job is challenging and one day is no different then the next. i love making chemo for the kids. It make me feel like I am helping them heal.
productive workplace
CMA (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2016
I worked a 40 hr shift; 8-4:30 and assisted physicians in the triaging of their patients for the day. Each day was different based on the CMA placement of the day. I learned a lot about different pt. medication and dosage. I also became more fluent with medical terminology. The management of Johns Hopkins were stern, but professional. My co-workers were a diverse group of individuals with different opinions. The hardest part about working there was picking where you were going to eat for lunch. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the patients.
Pros
free lunches, wonderful patients, hands on experience, fast-paced
Productive,flexible
Patient Service Coordinator IV (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 8, 2016
I am a full time work from home employee, benefits are awesome and so is management. Coworkers are friendly everyone is willing to help. Many opportunities for advancement,
Pros
flexibility
my opinions
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 8, 2016
my typical day at work is to stay focus and get the job done .i learned how to work in different places day to day .management was ok not to bad i have seen better.loved my coworkers always a part of work i enjoy .hardest part about my job was pushing heavy carts around to different floors.most enjoyable part is getting to know so many different people and making lots of money.
Pros
free cable
Cons
working at night
Hopkins
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 2, 2016
Great place to work, low pay. the commute is to far they also are not willing to pay for school as they say and not ver parent or family friendly which makes worklife rather hard