Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

pediatic Department was excellent
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 13, 2017
worked 12hr night shifts.,patient capacity 13 beds, I found that this institution wasn't very nurse "friendly",but I enjoyed being able to help children.
Fantastic
Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 10, 2017
Best opportunity to work with the smartest psychiatrists and most dedicated nursing staff in the country. Ability to learn more than any other setting.
Great name to have on your resume
Sterile Processing Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 6, 2017
It was a great opportunity to work here, they just didn't want to pay. You could learn a lot, but there was no room for growth there.
John Hopkins Hospital is well known and a great environment to work in.
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2017
A typical day would be assisting addicted pregnant mothers. I've learned to be kind, gentle, and patient. I truly enjoy my job, John Hopkins is a great place to work and learn new and different things, And the most important thing about the job is helping the mothers with a positive environment, and working well with my coworkers.
Pros
Learning how to appreciate those who are different.
Cons
There are no true cons.
staff nurse
Registered Nurse Clinician II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 1, 2017
Great hospital learned a lot!!!! Would do it again as it is great to have on my resume. I left for a new position in Pittsburgh
just like any other place
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2017
Johns hopkins is just like any other large employer the morale is low the hospital will find best way to pay you the least amount of money to do work that someone else somewhere else is being paid twice as much to do the raise are 2% which is below the industry standard (as far as IT is concerned)
Cons
there is often no growth depending on your department
productive team work
EVC worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 28, 2017
John Hopkins Hospital is a fast learning place that I recommend to anyone who enjoys cleaning. if you do not like cleaning do not apply for EVC but they also offer a lot of other positions. It is a good job to have.
okay work place, overtime is nice
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 28, 2017
lots of different people here which is great you can learn a lot, SOME/MOST nurses are caring and understandable. Food service management SUCKS!
Great experience
Medical Interpreter - patient experience - (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 27, 2017
Typical day at work starts with organizing the day with simple things as tools will be needed to critical patient requests.
Main thing that i learned in the hospital was how to manage working under stress putting in considerations that dealing with patients will always require taking extra miles without loosing your professional attitude with every step.
hardest part was adapting on different kind of stress, as much as it was hard as much it was the good part as well because i always learned something new.
Most Enjoyable part when i receive any verbal or written thanks message from one of my patients, these moments can erase hours of exhaustion and stress.
Pros
team work
Cons
training
Large organization with many opportunties
RN (Cardiovascular Center) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 25, 2017
This organization is very large with many opportunities far beyond what I expected. Because of that, I did feel somewhat non-existent even within the area I worked in. My employment there was short partially because of that.
Fun dealing with public. Helping custormers
Lead Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2017
Long day of walking, bending, filing,answering phones dada entry,schedule appointments and more..I learn this job keep you busy. When working in a hospital, there is so much to be done. Management support employees subjection Everyone got along no matter who it was. The hardest part of the job was when you could not help a customer and have to referral them to someone else. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting customers and helping them.
Pros
yes. Free lunch 1 every month
Cons
yes. breaks 2 15 mins
Best job I ever had.
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2017
Best job I have had. Management A+++. Opportunities for advancement, furthering education. Teaching hospital. The management wants you to be the best, smartest, version of yourself.
Pros
see above
Cons
location
Hopkins certified
Sterile Processing Supervisor Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 21, 2017
Hopkins offer a variety of skills in which to advance your career in different aspects of medicine. I was able to receive specialized training that was recognized at other medical facilities. I was trained to perform many task that I would not have gotten without a degree or internship in that field. Hopkins has taught me many things that I was able to apply in other jobs. i enjoyed my experience at Hopkins and wish to return there in the future.
Pros
teaching
Cons
pay
great place
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 18, 2017
great place to work you have a lot of freedom working here its like you are your own boss , very nice people and management isnt too bad either amazing place
i really like working at hopkins hospital, because it is a teaching hospital and it is a good place to learn
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2017
everyday is a good day at Hopkins Hospital. because since i work in MICU it is always busy and not time for joke, i always learn something because of the patient population, knowledgeable co-workers and residents, and the hardest part of the job is the feeling you have to face when patient passes or seeing the patient fighting for their life, but on the other hand the most enjoyable part of the job is patient get seeing patient get better or when the patient went home and come back to say thank you.
Pros
some times free lunch cupons
Cons
we have enough break time between rounds or patient care.
Fast paced steady environment
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at work for me is ordering and stocking the unit with supplies as needed. The hardest part of the job is trying to balance my down time and being more productive. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know and interacting with the patients. Most if my coworkers are a pleasure to work with. The management that I work with is a great manager.
5stars
Evc (Current Employee) –  Baltimore marylandJanuary 15, 2017
Well organized an professional medical center. Nice friendly Doctors an nurses. Team work is a must everyone helps each other to make sure the patients feel comfortable and safe in the hospital.
Pros
Clean place nice friendly people
Cons
Short breaks
Need More Compensation
Senior Financial Clearance Coordinator (IV) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2017
Johns Hopkins is a great place to work but they do not Compensate well. Employees deserve more compensation then they are receiving.
Better than Most
Stationary Engineer (Current Employee) –  Maryland Park, MDJanuary 13, 2017
Decent place to work. The pay is okay for hospital stationary engineers and they have a compressed work schedule that allows for seven days off.
Pros
Okay pay, good retirement
Cons
Never fully staffed; You will have to work a lot of weekends
Great benefits and wonderful coworkers
Patient Service Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed my employment with Johns Hopkins, they have excellent benefits. My coworkers were awesome and I got to know some interesting individuals. The patients were a pleasure to wrk with and be around daily.
benefits
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval