Johns Hopkins Hospital

Johns Hopkins Hospital Employer Reviews

productive,fun, and exciting.
Support Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 1, 2015
I loved working in the hospital. It was a learning experience working on the intensive care unit.I really enjoyed working with my coworkers as wells the supervisors. There was an open door policy with management.
fun caring place
House Keeper (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 23, 2015
loved my job always had the dream at working at Hopkins. wish I had a longer experience to grow with the organization,
when I got injured off the job my supervisors and co workers were very helpfull and caring.
Productive and Interesting Place
OR Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore,MDFebruary 10, 2015
Great new learning experience with a good atmosphere where you will meet a lot of new people and see a lot of different things.
Great Opportunity
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be involving the children in the clinic and the parents. I would direct them to the right area for them to be seen. Also I was given a chance to work up close with well known doctors, so that was an awesome opportunity. I took in everything that they could offer as any knowledge.
Great atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: got off at 3pm
Cons: the confusion
Every Morning I'm early enough to enjoy a cup of coffee and a bagel. I clocked in gathered the supplies I needed to start my day went to assigned floor and started working. I learned that no matter you job title do your job well and all will be recognized. management was not so great it was a little confusing. My co-workers was awesome I loved and got along with everyone. the hardest part of my job was not having the things needed to do my job properly. I enjoyed the job without the confusion
Productive Learning Exoerience
Clerical Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: awards and recognitions
Cons: not being able to accomplish my intended goals for the day
On a daily basis, I worked to fulfill the cleanliness of the unit and to ensure the safety of the patients.

I learned how to interact with patients that had long and short-term illnesses. Also I learned how to respond in a timely manner to emergency alert system when dealing with the patients and staff.

When dealing with management, we had a one-on-one overview of the daily work related task for the unit and worked together with a positive attitude , which brought positive reactions.

I and my co-workers worked with a team-work attitude and togetherness each day, so as to satisfy management, the medical staff and overall the patients and their family members.

The hardest part of the day was having to see any patient having to have an uncomfortable day due to their injuries or the aftermath of their surgery.

The most enjoyable part of the day was accomplishing my daily goals
Number 1 Hospital
Operating Room Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: pay check
Cons: the unit atmosphere
A typical day a work consist of cleaning. I have learned how to keep an area organized and clean. Management is for the good of the unit. My co-workers are team players. The hardest part of my job is clocking in. The most enjoyable part of my job is clocking out as well as seeing the beautiful babies being born.
Patient Service Coordinator
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore MdJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits, and growth with the hospital
I was able to Multi-task in a highly populated environment. Filed and organized data given by patients and coordinator. Manage patient information, and arrange room assignments for inpatient Visits.
Productive and cultural building place to work
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Mentor the Customer Service department
To work as a team
Exceeds my job expectations
We're a small team and we work well together
Running monthly reports
I enjoy working with people and interacting with the Customer Service department to ensure quality Customer Service
great atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2015
people are motivated and that makes for a great working enviornment
A great position that provided work-life balance while offering an opportunity for growth and increased knowledge base.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great management team and co-workers; great benefits; great opportunity for growth
Cons: crime in the baltimore metro area surrounding the hospital
I definitely loved working for Johns Hopkins Hospital. I worked four 10 hour days per week and rotated between the Employee Health and Wellness Center and Occupational Health. I learned a great deal while working at this hospital and caring for the employees there. I learned more in my 2+ years with Johns Hopkins than I ever could have imagined. I diagnosed and treated employees for URIs, sprained ankles, shingles, and other acute illnesses, as well as, minor, non-work related injuries. I learned about the role of Occupational Health and thinking about how a person's health will impact his or her ability to perform a job- it is a completely different, but important angle on healthcare.
The most challenging part of the position was dealing with unhappy or difficult employees who did not want to be dealing with Occupational Health- especially those called for a Fitness-for-duty evaluation.
The most enjoyable part of the position was educating and treating employees to help them get and stay well. I enjoyed working with my department and establishing connections with the people I cared for and worked with.
Flexibility
Executive Assistant, Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Lutherville, MDJanuary 15, 2015
Pay is not the greatest but great benefits. Health benefits and tuition reimbursement is awesome.
Interesting Work Place
Clinical Office Assistant / Summer Internship (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: it was a job that i loved
Cons: didn't get as many hours as i like to have gotten
A typical day at work I was responsible for transporting specimens and files to other clinics and departments, i was responsible for the daily confirmation of all clinic appointments, I was responsible for answering inbound calls requesting appointments, and i was also responsible for daily filing of all completed patient charts and verified insurance eligibility to insure proper pament of services billed. I learned how to multitask with this job. My co-workers were such a pleasure to work with. Nothing about this job was complicated to me. I enjoyed everything about working with this company.
I loved working here
Patient Service Coordinator III (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 1, 2015
My typical day consisted of answering the phone, triaging calls, and completing admission paperwork for patients.
Good job
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore mdDecember 17, 2014
Good experience for someone eager to work in a hospital environment
A great learnig place.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist III (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great experience in a variety of latest test methods, instruments, and technologies.
Cons: stressful work load.
A typical day starts in the evening shift with an overwhelming load of work which feels like unbearable. Being a very hard working tech and team player, I can see how well we perform as we use every seconds of our time to produce accurate results by fulfilling a best turn around time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I personally or my coworkers help physicians in pinpointing an ailment using our skill.
I want to go back
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2014
Loved it. The best experience when I came out of Medical Assistant school. My first job
Johns Hopkins Hopsital
Intern (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2014
Great experience.
Learned a lot of valuable information.
Friendly co-workers.
politics of the job
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches discunts on cell phone mass purchases including shoes jewerly food etc
Cons: the hospital doesnt care for its union workers
although in general Johns Hopkins Hospital is a number one in a lot of areas caring for their employers and making us feel secure in our job is below average. They hire new people to manage and work the old format which leads to confusion. There is a lot of non professionalism going on and lots of favoritism. too much love the perks don't like the inside world
Very nice establishment
Remote Support Employee (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2014
My experience at Hopkins was great as an intern. I learned about office politics, also a lot about IT. I have imaged a lot of PC's, and thin clients. I have taken apart two laptops to investigate the damage inside of the keyboard and to the hard drive. I have been apart of the deployment team and set up several workstations throughout the hospital. I have worked on site to troubleshoot network drivers, printers, monitors, CPU's and scanners. I have had a lot of experience remoting into workstations and virtual desktops to troubleshoot software issues and internet connectivity problems. My coworkers have been very nice and taught me a lot in the IT field. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with an angry customer, but you just have to have great customer service skills. I remain calm and apologize for the delay and ensure them I will assist them to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part for me is helping the customer and hearing how happy they are when the issue is resolved.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins Hospital

The Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing is a global leader in nursing research, education and scholarship and is ranked – Read more

Johns Hopkins Hospital Photos