Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

3) Medical interpreter (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 29, 2016
- Working under stress and and time management was one of the best things that i learned in Johns Hopkins.
- professionalism of the managers are more than appreciated.
- co-workers where all professionals and helpful, it was a pleasure being part of the team.
- hardest part of the job is to maintain being professional whatever how much the stress was, putting in consideration that dealing with patients and families will always require extra patience.
- Most enjoyable part was the appreciation of the patients or the family when the patient finishes his treatment.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
life balance
i really like working at hopkins hospital, because it is a teaching hospital and it is a good place to learn
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2017
everyday is a good day at Hopkins Hospital. because since i work in MICU it is always busy and not time for joke, i always learn something because of the patient population, knowledgeable co-workers and residents, and the hardest part of the job is the feeling you have to face when patient passes or seeing the patient fighting for their life, but on the other hand the most enjoyable part of the job is patient get seeing patient get better or when the patient went home and come back to say thank you.
Pros
some times free lunch cupons
Cons
we have enough break time between rounds or patient care.
Hopkins
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work was hectic, they were always short staff and over worked their staff. I learned the true meaning of team work, it was required to have a efficient work pace. Nutrition management sucked, not all, but some were very unprofessional, although you had to keep a business demeanor, it would have also been nice to have a personal connection with staff as well, to have a more positive moral in a work place. My co workers were wonderful, we worked together and looked out for one another. The hardest part about my job was being understaffed, over worked, and under paid.The most enjoyable part of my job was ultimately helping the patients.
Stable and fun work condition
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 2, 2017
Typical Work Day: Assisting members to achieve their health goals by completing home visits, meeting members at their doctor's appointments, and completing the proper phone calls.
Educate members on resources that will help achieve any social barriers.
The most enjoyable part of the day: Being an active part within someone's life and the ability to make a change
Pros
Telecommuter
Cons
Compenation, Mileage
Productive and lively wokplace
Environmental Care Lead Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2017
Johns Hopkins is a fast-pace detail-oriented environment. I learned how to strip, wax, and shine hospital floors. In addition to cleaning floors, I've learned how to provide area-cleaner service in clinical and non-clinical areas. I have worked with a variety of people from all walks of life and from around the world. My managers and supervisors are great to work with, they are very straight forward and fair. The Hardest part of the job is providing floor care service to 24/7 clinical areas. This is due to the extensive patient care that is needed on some of these units. The most enjoyable part of my job is making the hospital a safer and cleaner place for our patients as well as the staff.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
fun educational institution high volume lab
Histology Tech II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2016
Fun, warm, teaching environment. Very high volume lab. Many responsibilities. Mandatory overtime. Mandatory inclement weather. Mandatory stand and defend. Management does not communicate effectively with one another. Too many people in leadership roles. Too many people just starting in histology. Not much room for growth. Parking for employees is not the best. I pay to park in the garage and I still have to walk four blocks to get to work in inner city Baltimore. This eats up about 20 mins per day.
Great place to work!
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 11, 2016
Being a part of The Johns Hopkins Hospital has allowed me to become a competent technologist and will always allow me to continue to learn. Great diversity in departments and co-workers. I know that the experiences that I have had here will stay with me anywhere I go and continue to allow me to be the best Radiologic Technologist that I can be.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Paying for parking
Fast paced steady environment
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at work for me is ordering and stocking the unit with supplies as needed. The hardest part of the job is trying to balance my down time and being more productive. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know and interacting with the patients. Most if my coworkers are a pleasure to work with. The management that I work with is a great manager.
Great open office environment
Space Design & Data Tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 1, 2016
My typical day in the office involves updating base CAD files regarding the many recent renovations and new construction projects at our East Baltimore campus and then creating PDF's of these updates to download into our Archibus data system and onto WebCentral, our website that is used by the Facilities Department to access all rooms and spaces in every building on campus.
i love meeting new peolpe and learning new things
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 18, 2016
Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
Sweep, scrub, wax, or polish floors with powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
Thoroughly sanitized dishes, cooking utensils, and silverware.Replenish supplies, such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
Serviced, cleaned, or supplied restrooms according to company’s policies and procedures.
Followed procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
, upholstered furniture, and draperies
Disinfected equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
N/a
Unit Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21205December 14, 2016
Working on my unit is great we have a lot of unity and team work we have great Vibes from one another. you learn a lot daily no 2 days are ever the same. management is great my nurse manager is a good one co-workers are good we all get along just fine not a lot of drama or problems. the most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patients grow stronger and get better to go home.
Institution supports educational and professional growth
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2016
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a great place to work and grow. The institution encourages their staff to further their education through a plethora of continuing education and/or degree programs. It's somewhat challenging because not all managers or departments welcome this idea of growth. Some are stuck in the 20th century work culture. I think once that's bought up to par, Hopkins will be capable of revolutionizing not just Healthcare, but also the concept of the ideal work environment.
Pros
I feel the company promotes and supports professional growth
Cons
Some leaders are stuck in the 20th century work environment
Cultured and caring environment with wonderful staff
Neurologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2016
Working for John Hopkin's Hospital was a true dream come true. From the moment I walked into those doors, I was welcomed into the Hopkin's family. There, I worked closely with staff and patients from all walks of life. I've learned so much from working at this facility, and I loved the support from the HR!
Pros
A cultured work enviornment
A very rewarding and nice place to work
Patient Service Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 20, 2016
I worked mainly in the ED, fast pace. Customer service skills was a plus. Had great co-workers. Hardest part of this job was seeing sick children and trauma coming into the ED and not falling apart, but being there for the parents. To be able to do your job as a professional but also show empathy.
Johns Hopkins Hospital gave me opportunity to grow and strength to maintain
Sr. Financial Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2016
The only reason I left Johns Hopkins Hospital was because an opportunity of growth was offered to me at a time I thought I needed something different. But I definitely enjoyed my time with Johns Hopkins Hospital. it gave me the opportunity to build my weaknesses and make them into strengths. I enjoyed the people very much.
Pros
Opportunity and guideness
started as a new graduate (1987); a very valuable learning experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 31, 2016
Learned my professional nursing skills with excellent preceptors.Diverse patient population and diagnoses afforded me the opportunity to enhance/expand my clinical performance. My clinical advancements afforded me the opportunity to go from the bedside to management, thus making my professional skills more marketable.
first job in mansged heathcare
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDDecember 29, 2016
I worked in the enrollment dept doe several years. I started has a clerk doing filing and mail and so on . Then I became and enrollment coordinator and got experience with several thing. Now from working here I have better understanding o how insurance works.
Great Experience
Senior Emergency Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2016
The Johns Hopkins Hospital and given me a worldly experience in regards to the enormous volume of patients that are seen in the Emergency Department on a daily bases. I have been awarded the opportunity to be a "charge" person, which lead to dealing with traumas and directing staff.
Pros
There are many perks.
Cons
The compensation is slow.
Great benefits and wonderful coworkers
Patient Service Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed my employment with Johns Hopkins, they have excellent benefits. My coworkers were awesome and I got to know some interesting individuals. The patients were a pleasure to wrk with and be around daily.
benefits
Cons
management
area cleaner hopkins
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 17, 2016
As a area at john Hopkins is a wonderful job just looking for a different environment. I've been working Hopkins since 08/2015.
Through out my day it been okay , some day's I feel over stress. but I love it here but, just looking for a better work Envorminent and different pay rate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.