Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

Johns Hopkins Hospital gave me opportunity to grow and strength to maintain
Sr. Financial Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2016
The only reason I left Johns Hopkins Hospital was because an opportunity of growth was offered to me at a time I thought I needed something different. But I definitely enjoyed my time with Johns Hopkins Hospital. it gave me the opportunity to build my weaknesses and make them into strengths. I enjoyed the people very much.
Pros
Opportunity and guideness
Cons
Good place to start out of college, bad pay
Bilingual Patient Access Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2016
Great first out of college job to start off in the call center. Co-workers are mostly great to work with and feel like I am part of a team. Overall, management is nice and works with you to accommodate you as best as they can when things come up.
Pros
Good starter job out of college, good insurance
Cons
Low pay, not much room for advancement in current role, job burnout from taking calls all day
Review JHM
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 12, 2016
ACH is a great place to work. Good team work, teaching hospital providing excellent education opportunities. Staff is well supported by management and administration. Emphasis on excellent care and evidence based practice. Nursing councils with opportunity to become involved and have a voice to advocate positive change
Pros
Great hospital
Cons
going through change/transitioning to John Hopkins Medicine
started as a new graduate (1987); a very valuable learning experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 31, 2016
Learned my professional nursing skills with excellent preceptors.Diverse patient population and diagnoses afforded me the opportunity to enhance/expand my clinical performance. My clinical advancements afforded me the opportunity to go from the bedside to management, thus making my professional skills more marketable.
Great institution but poorly managed
Senior Director Environmental Care (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21209July 10, 2016
Johns Hopkins is a great institution with a lot of great people coming everyday to make a difference in people's life.
I worked there for almost 3 years and gave he best of me everyday with a great team and wonderful co-workers.
the job culture and the leadership is to be desired and many great people end up leaving for their inability to fit and to be embraced by the system.
Pros
A lot of great people
Cons
the job culture
A great place to work
Nurse Clinician IIE (Current Employee) –  Pediatric Emergency RoomJuly 9, 2016
I learned a great deal at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Not just in my nursing care, but in my dealings with staff at all levels. I have learned amazing communication skills and I know my limitations and when I need help.
I get along with my co-workers and we have a bond in the Pediatric ER like no other unit where I have worked. The hardest part of my job is watching pediatric patients die. We try everything in our power and sometimes it just isn't enough.
The most enjoyable part of my job is putting smiles on childrens faces when they are going through something very scary.
Dietary is not the area you would want to work in
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Jhh@BayviewJuly 9, 2016
I was very happy when I was hired. I started work and was only given one day of training. Thereafter, everything went down hill. I was told that I wasn't doing the job properly and faced harassment everyday by management. I had a horrible experience working there only because of poor managers. These people need training on how to train new employees. They have a high turnover of employees and it will always be that way until managers learn to train and respect employees. Inter action with Co workers, patients and other staff members was great.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Thoroughly enjoyed my employment at JHH
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2016
During my 18 yrs that I worked at JHH I was employed in various departments so the actual work varied.
I credit 2 bosses that I had early on in my JHH career for teaching me my work ethic.
Through these various departments I learned many things. How to work as a team was the most important thing I learned throughout my tenure at JHH.
Pros
Employed by a world renowned institution
Cons
Salary could be more competitive
Needs work
Pathologists asst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2016
Johns Hopkins is a large business that will prepare you for other opportunities however, there seems to be room for improvement. Employees need motivation to do well, and if not monetarily people need to know they are an asset to a company and appreciated. Johns Hopkins seems to be a revolving door unfortunately because it has such potential.
Pros
stable
Cons
benefits, advancement
Great Experience
Senior Emergency Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2016
The Johns Hopkins Hospital and given me a worldly experience in regards to the enormous volume of patients that are seen in the Emergency Department on a daily bases. I have been awarded the opportunity to be a "charge" person, which lead to dealing with traumas and directing staff.
Pros
There are many perks.
Cons
The compensation is slow.
what i liked about hopkins
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2016
love meeting people who comes from a different background as me. you learn different cultures and languages. A typical day at work are greeting your co-workers getting prepared for the day and checking on your patients. working at Hopkins taught me how much team work is really needed in a place such as busy as this. It also taught me how to be kind and more open with people. The hardest part about working at Hopkins are sometimes pleasing people which is rare. Its hard because we put so much into work that we want to please the people around us and sometimes it doesn't be enough. The most enjoyable part of my job are the co-workers and the patients. Just to know that you can make someone day just by speaking or smiling or just giving conversation will make a difference.
Pros
free days, holiday pay, bonuses
Cons
need to be appericated more, need 5min grace period in the morning
busy ICU enviroment
Neonatal Intensive Care Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2016
Very busy work environment, both physically and mentally. Can be stressful at times. level 4 NICU . The entire medical team works well together, especially the nurses and RTs. Hopkins provides the opportunity to see and experience things most hospitals cannot provide.
Goal oriented, fun and engaged with a gym.
International Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2016
My day starts with meeting with international patients and escort them to the clinics where they are getting the health care services. Part of my job is to interpret from English to Arabic and vice versa. As a care coordinator, I have learnt a lot about the following:
- Health care management
- Health care billing
- Care coordination
- Interpreting consecutively
- Patients safety and privacy ( HIPAA)
- Employees engagement
The hardest part of the job is that it is a fast paced business that taught me to be accuracy and swift action, and attention to detail.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when the patient is treated and their goal is attained.
Great place to work, pay could be better however
Support Center Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2016
Great place to work. Very intelligent people and you get to try new things frequently. The benefits are really a plus and a huge drawing factor. The pay however for many positions is below average.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
pay is below average
Productive and secure work place ,excellent benefits
Lab Technician II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 7, 2016
I begin work at 5:30am. I get an assigned unit for blood collection. Assist co-workers with patient's they were un able to collect blood from as well as help out on any units that weren't completed.
8am I work in our outpatient clinic were I also collect blood and urine specimens from patients. If assigned to the front desk, I register patients in Epic and Soft ID program. My coworkers and I get along. The hardest part of my job is the hours and shift I work. I enjoy interacting with patients from all walks of life. I meet people from everywhere. I enjoy the conversations. I love it when patient's request me as their Lab Technician, it let me know that I am very good at my job and I take pride in knowing that I meet the needs of my patient's.
Pros
I meet different people every day.
Cons
My hours.
It's a living
Environmental Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2016
You go in and you punch the clock, you hope that you're in the area you're use to working with. That said you go from doing one job to the next on overnight and you get out. The bosses don't even give you a thumbs up or a good work.
Cons
Unappreciative Management, Short staff, Demanding Autgoro
Supervisor, Admission Services & O.R Registration (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 1, 2016
A Great place to work. I have been employed here for 9 years. I started out in an entry level position to now in management. JHH is big on the growth of their employees from education to health and fitness.
Pros
The Benefits are excellent
Cons
Parking is not great unless you pay for the garage
The Best Teaching Hospital....Period
Clinical Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 9, 2016
I learned a lot while working for this hospital. I was awarded for my hard work continuously. I learned a lot! My interest into Nursing was sparked from working here. I would love to return someday.
Pros
Great Learner Enviroment....Great Advancement Opportunities
Cons
There is no downside
Oppurtunity for growth and learning
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 5, 2016
Hopkins provides a wonderful educational opportunity to employees. You are learning from some of the best care practitioners in the world. In field of spiritual care and chaplaincy you can work with cunning edge programs that can redefine what it means to offer chaplaincy.
This is one of the most demanding institutions in the world and you may find it hard to strike a good work life balance.
Worked as a Clinical Tech in the ER And learned a lot
Clinical Technician E.R (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2016
Working in the ER taught me a lot about patient care because as a medic I would be with a patient for 20-30 minutes tops. But as a Clin Tech I was introduced to another level of patient care that I enjoyed

Johns Hopkins Hospital Reviews by Location