Johns Hopkins Hospital

Johns Hopkins Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: low pay
Its a great place to work for if you plan on continuing your education, and they provide good benefits. They will pay for school through tuition reimbursement.
a typical day a jhh
Clerical Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2015
Pros: i loved the break
Cons: alot of being on your feet and moving around throughout the units
it was a very easy going job loved the hours and the pay was average great place to work depending on what position you have
Productive and fast pace environment.
Support Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2015
A typical day within this company consist of transporting patients throughout the hospital and stocking the Emergency Room.
Hopkins is like a whole neighborhood inside a building
Group Leader (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great people great food
Cons: you can't really change positions or departments if you don't have good connections.
I have become accustomed to Johns Hopkins because you will never be bored here, its so many people and departments in the building. They have a great food selection. Nice people and clowns who doesnt love a clown. All in all Hopkins is where I grew up and I love working here. I just need a change now that I have my degree.
Clinical Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great families and pediatric patients
Cons: Management
with some management the power is very overwhelming to them. They either don't know how to handle issues or they go way over the top. There is no happy medium. Some nurses are put into place to mentor or overlook another employee with out any education on managing.
I loved my work.
I worked with exceptional clinicians, from physicians to techs.
Nurse Educator for SPRING Program (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 2, 2015
Pros: Learning opportunities, leadership partnered with you for your learning.
Cons: Sometimes long hours, but exciting
When I was working in the Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care Unit, I was in heaven. The heart is my level of expertise. We not only took care of those who had Open heart surgery, but also Assist devices as a bridge to transplant. We treated the entire patient, from "pump-head" to renal failure and CVVHD to Pulmonary Failure post pump or pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, interstitial lung disease and patients post lung transplant as well as those patients post orthotopic heart transplants. Every day involved new technology in taking care of our patients, with IABP and the newer pumps, to include newer pharmacological advances designed to augment the function of the heart with less and less adverse effects. We worked with the Thoratec, Heartmate I and Heartmate II, PICCO, etc.
Management was always encouraging us to excel and to push us to be better clinicians. My coworkers were the best with the sharing of their knowledge and the compassion in their hearts. Hardest part of the job, when patients you cared for died after every opportunity was provided for them to heal and thrive. The most enjoyable, when patients came in petrified before their surgery and they come through with flying colours.
Very Exciting
Child Life Volunteer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 1, 2015
Great experience, would love to go back to this job and do more. being here increased my love for children, i looked forward to visiting to children even if it was a short period of time.
Great Intensive Learning Experience
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Learning new skills
Cons: Rotation of hours
I worked in a CVSICU/open heart unit. We cared for patients post open heart surgery and many of them were critical requiring continuous monitoring, frequent titration of IV medications, and collaboration with patients and family, as well as, staff in order to perform all skills needed for patient care.
Great workplace but my life and school style is clashing with my overnight schedule.
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee), Orleans St.March 23, 2015
Complete the order, count OR rooms and OR cores, stock rooms back to par level max and help with returns OR equipment and maintain a clean work environment.
Its another world it very big and its alot of people you can meet
Group leader (Current Employee), 600 N wolfe streetMarch 17, 2015
Hopkins is a place where you can explore and catch up with friends it can be busy.It is alot of walking working in my department. The most enjoyable part is that hopkins is like a family. I learned alot of customer service skills here
Working At Johns Hopkins
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore,MdMarch 13, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation parties
Cons: not being compensated for time time and effort
Johns Hopkins was an unique experience. Typical day there is steady paced, sometimes very face and trying.
I've learned how to communicate better, how to be an awesome team player, and to get out of very hard situations. My co-workers were very kind, very team oriented. Hardest part of my job was that you can have anyone and any situation. Most enjoyable part was being able to satisfy patients in their time of need.
hard
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 11, 2015
its great working here
managment is ok changing every day
my co workers are excellent
hardest part of the job is dealing with nasty attitudes
Educational
Respiratory Therapist/ECMO Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2015
Hopkins is a place to learn and grow. There are many things that are new. It's a great way to build your current employment.
Summary
Patient Representative Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 9, 2015
Amazing place to accept a volunteer position. The staff treats you like family, they are very welcoming. The hardest part of the job is keeping emotional components of your personality at bay, because of health issues.
Best hospital that I was every associated with.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarlandMarch 2, 2015
Pros: #1 hospital in the united states.
Best Surgeons to work with. Best nurses to help teach. Best co-workers to work with.

I was a part of the surgical staff in the medical world and I learned so much from everyone there. The day world start with a meeting including all the nurses and Sugical Techs where we would get our team for the day and our procedures. I would go into the rooms and prep and make sure all the instruments were readily available and make sure I had all my supplies. I was always in the first scrub position and I would help gown and glove the surgeon and drape the patient. I was responsible for all counts and measurements of irrigation and medications.
productive,fun, and exciting.
Support Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 1, 2015
I loved working in the hospital. It was a learning experience working on the intensive care unit.I really enjoyed working with my coworkers as wells the supervisors. There was an open door policy with management.
fun caring place
House Keeper (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 23, 2015
loved my job always had the dream at working at Hopkins. wish I had a longer experience to grow with the organization,
when I got injured off the job my supervisors and co workers were very helpfull and caring.
Productive and Interesting Place
OR Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore,MDFebruary 10, 2015
Great new learning experience with a good atmosphere where you will meet a lot of new people and see a lot of different things.
Great Opportunity
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day at work would be involving the children in the clinic and the parents. I would direct them to the right area for them to be seen. Also I was given a chance to work up close with well known doctors, so that was an awesome opportunity. I took in everything that they could offer as any knowledge.
Great atmosphere
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: got off at 3pm
Cons: the confusion
Every Morning I'm early enough to enjoy a cup of coffee and a bagel. I clocked in gathered the supplies I needed to start my day went to assigned floor and started working. I learned that no matter you job title do your job well and all will be recognized. management was not so great it was a little confusing. My co-workers was awesome I loved and got along with everyone. the hardest part of my job was not having the things needed to do my job properly. I enjoyed the job without the confusion

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins Hospital

The Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing is a global leader in nursing research, education and scholarship and is ranked – Read more

Johns Hopkins Hospital Salaries