Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

Johns Hopkins Hospital
Multimedia & Learning Systems Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance, flexible work hours, benefits
Cons: Compensation
Johns Hopkins is a great place to work because of the nature of your work. Everything you do from someone cleaning the facilities to our Doctors are all very vital to the smooth operation of Johns Hopkins Hospital. On a typical day, I'm either shooting or editing videos or photos and managing several projects with various deadlines.
The Patients and their stories
Unit Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2015
Working around patients and their family no matter the age I will be there to make them smile. I love interacting with the most difficult patients because I know that I can make them laugh or if not they will be smiling when we done with our conversation.
hectic
Patient Service Coordinator III (Former Employee), Lutherville, MDAugust 10, 2015
non-stop work environment with high maintenance patients. I loved the patient contact, but had no support of management.
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 9, 2015
Pros: good work atmosphere
Cons: Health Ins.
Was a Staff Nurse at JHH for the first time in the Surgical Department, Learned a lot , occasionally acted as Charge Nurse, very nice atmosphere working with Supervisors, Residents, Interns
Fast Paced , quick thinking very structured work enviornment
Ronald McCray (Supervisor) (Former Employee), baltimore marylandAugust 6, 2015
Working at Johns Hopkins taught me a lot about myself. while working there helped me build a love for helping the sick and the weak. Johns Hopkins gave me a sense of stability and an outlook on my life and future career as a forensics nurse.
This is a proactive workplace
Certified Fiberoptic Equipment Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 5, 2015
Pros: In endoscopy is that you have a chance to get ceritfied in your postion to improve your skills.
Cons: your certification its valiad for 5 years, how ever you cant advance more pass that, is what im dissatisfied with.
My typical day would consist of making sure that the long sheets for each task are completed and that all the choirs that are assigned to us are done in a timely matter in which we have to properly clean the endoscopes after each procedure and as far as the hardest part of the day it mainly depends on the work load because you never know when you will be overwelmed but you still have to maintain a everythning in a timely matter for each doctor to be able to recieve the proper equipment for each case. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowiing that my position is valued by each patient by my effectiveness of cleaning each endosope for each procedure and to know that my job is done effectively is all I need.
Productive and fun workplace
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Frederick, MDAugust 5, 2015
A busy, but team oriented workplace. Plenty of opportunities to grow as a professional and to learn specialties within the profession are offered.
Great teaching hospital where learning and technological advancement is welcomed
Sonographer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2015
Pros: caring management
Cons: location from my new home
Prestigious company with wonderfully bright physicians, nurses and imaging professionals. Advancement and learning opportunities readily available as well as expected of all employees. Job culture is similar to a family where coworkers help one another out daily.
The Radiology deptartment management is phenomenal, caring and intelligent supervisors who care about their colleagues.
Hardest part of the job is leaving due to me moving from the area soon.
Fast Pace Environment
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore MdJuly 31, 2015
Its a learning hospital. You get great hands on experience. The hours are horrible and you have no life, expecially with having rotating shifts/
Excellent employer with good benefits
Core Service Specialist IV (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: congested campus
The company adopted a patient-centered care model to ensure employees focus on patients and their loved ones. The organization is continually making efforts to improve service.
Self Starter, organized and hardworking
customer service (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: high pace
It was actually my first job. So i got to experience work in a fast pace hospital. Fun and full of energy. it is a big company and one of the best in the world.
Security officers are not allowed to make any decisions.
Protective Service Officer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 26, 2015
Pros: paychecks are never late.
Cons: 30 mins for lunch, hard to get time off, you are always training new people, no job security.
Security officers must wait for staff to give orders, before we can take action. A lot of times, staff are not around, or they don t want to get involved. Supervisors often take a long time responding to situations.
you can make it
International Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2015
good place to have on your resume but not a career choice, just a pit stop. The people are nice but the policies are ever changing to put pressure on employees to give more for less and on patients are not a priority in the eyes of the management. However, the doctors are just wonderful human beings and they care sooo much.
Very Busy but still a great enviroment to work in.
Patient Transport Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Down Time
Cons: Very busy alot of walking(constanlybuying new shoes)
A typical day would consist of overseeing staff payroll and negative time. Checking and responding to email. Assisting in Patient Transports along with call center relief and coverage . I've learned that it take some concentration to answer call and data entry all at once. Management seems a bit off key or some what disconnected but their if needed. Most of my co workers are team players. The hardest part of the job would be finding adequate transport equipment. However being told that you've made a difference in someone's day is the most enjoyable part of the job.
productive and fun
Clinical Nurse Externs (Former Employee), BALTIMORE MARYLANDJuly 1, 2015
Pros: team work environment, schedule flexibility
Working in health care could be challenging especially when you are coming from a different work background. However, my experience have been a rewarding one since I joined healthcare organization. All the different places I have worked have left me with a memorable experience till date. Over the years, I have seen the importance of team work and collaboration among the stakeholders. My work experience with my co-workers had always make my job easy, fast and very timely in case of patient's emergency care. This is the most encouraging part of my job since my nine years of CNA experience. Team work helps me to achieve my optimum daily goals at work. I enjoy working with co-workers because it reduces the tension and stress at the end of the day's work assisgnment.
Great place to work with plenty of ways to grow and excel
Housekeeping discharge team (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 29, 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers, my days are productive. I've learned the importance of thorough cleaning, my biggest challenge is getting a 100% on my room grade. The managers are easy and fun to work with. My favorite part of my job is my lunch break.
Good Sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2015
I open, close store, file, train, help people, banking, doing paper work, and answer phones. I loved working there it was a good place to work.
International Billing Program Analyst (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 22, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Johns Hopkins Medicine International. 8 hour days. Great coworkers. Friendly management.
Mixed emotions
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the historic side seems forgotten sometimes
JHH is a great place to work. They really believe in bettering the community. Hopkins allows you to grow; if you get in, take every chance you can. Pay attention to politics but don't focus on them.
PRODUCTIVE and CONSISTENT WORKFLOW
Patient Transport Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore,MDJune 5, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: constant walking/pulling and pushing
Transports patients and equipment to and from various departments within the Medical Center. Performs various patient related activities, as assigned. Patients are transported in a safe manner and proper body mechanics are utilized at all times. Maintains PAR levels for equipment in various locations throughout the Medical Center. Continuously shows the ability to work well with other co-workers