Johns Hopkins Hospital

Johns Hopkins Hospital Employer Reviews

Fast paced, intense workload
Medicare Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2014
Worked agings for two hospitals, for all hospital inpatient part A and part B claims as well in daily workload of incoming created claims. Checked Medicare eligibility vs Medicare Secondary payer information.
Stuck up
High-Risk L&D RN (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2014
Pretentious organization which carries into their rationale behind paying lower than hospital almost any other hospital around despite how unsafe the location and patient acuity.
Good Place to work
STAFF ACCOUNTANT II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2014
Very nice management, great environment. Good work life balance.
productive work place ,learning to deal with the operating room surgeons and to see some of the most important surgies being done
Operating Room Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 8, 2014
Pros: working in the operating room with the doctors that perform surgery
Cons: had to change my clothes into scrub uniforms and some times had to eat lunch on the unit
good day, learned how it is to pay close attention and to be whatever you want to be in life. The management was o.k. and my co-workers we worked well together as a team when needed to, the hardest part of the job is when I first started and dealing with the smell of blood and many surgery that I had to see.
When I became immune to seeing many surgery – more... getting done the smell of blood and the cutting of patients and the doctors doing what they do best save lives. – less
Productive and Enjoyable
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 8, 2014
Pros: proper training
Cons: no breaks.
1.) A typical day at work was usually busy.
2.) Management was flexible.
3.) My co-workers very friendly.
4.) The hardest part of the job was being a perfectionist.
5.) The most enjoyable part of the job was giving my co-workers supplies to clean the hospital.
very simple and calm
Receptionist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2014
working at a desk inputting information into the computer, interacting with co workers and building a relationship with them most enjoyable part was working as a team.
A very fine institute comprised of exceptional minds.
Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2014
Pros: exposure to the brand, great learning environment, truly exceptional colleagues.
Cons: salary is below market comparables 10% - 30% at times.
Johns Hopkins is an exceptional enterprise in most every regard. Consistently ranked amongst the top healthcare institutions in the World, it maintains its stature through hiring top talent throughout the healthcare industry. Every day there is something new to explore and advancements to be made on a personal and professional level. Every day is a – more... challenge. It is an environment of continuous improvement driven by a culture who strives for nothing but perfection. – less
It Can be a very wonderful place to work
PSC/Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2014
Pros: close to my home, i love working with the diverse population
Cons: finanical compensation is very poor
Its a very interesting place to work. I have enjoyed my 10 years at JHH, however what i am finding in my search for advancement the process takes a long time, financial compensation is very poor.
Productive work place
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore CitySeptember 25, 2014
Cool place to work.

Inventory and Order supplies for the unit
Provide service recovery when appropriate
Maintain the privacy of patients health information
Screen calls and triage messages to the appropriate persons
Arrange follow up appointments/family meetings with physicians
Build staff assignments (assigning patients to nurses and clinical technicians)
Greets – more... and assists unit guest and staff following (Service Excellence Standards) – less
This is a place wher I can grow
Support Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 23, 2014
First let me start off by saying how great this job is I have never had so many opportunites to grown in my career field and be a better supportive employee to my unit. My typicals day at work consist of Stocking supplies, discharging and cleaning the ICU rooms, and answering call bell/phone calls to the unit. The most enjoyable part of my job is assisting – more... the nurses when needed and alway feeling like I am apart of team. – less
Very nice and pleasant place to work.
Patient Service Coordinator III (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare benefits
A typical day at work consist of greeting and interviewing patients that are coming in to be admitted into the hospital, My department has many different functions that we perform. My day can also consist of me putting in admissions for patients coming into the hospital. I enjoy my job and my coworkers, we all work together to make our patients comfortable – more... and at ease until they are sent to their rooms. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my patients, I try to make them as comfortable as possible even when they are clearly not feeling well and always seem to develop a special relationship with some of them that comes in frequently. The hardest part of my job is when a family member comes by to tell me that their loved one has passed away. – less
MICU staff RN
Staff RN (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2014
I did total care of ICU patients and interacted with staff, MD's and families.
Good place to work, great coworkers
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2014
Good place to work with some great benefits and amazing coworkers.
great place to work
CLINICAL NUTRITION ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: money
It's a nice place to work especially being that its Johns Hopkins Hospital. Nice benefits and ability to climb the corporate latter.
Great employer
Team Leader/Operations Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good work environment.
Cons: parking is a challenge!
Busy place to work, always have challenges. Management is great, the hospital is full of professional and well trained staff. It can be tough getting through the daily challenges, but it is rewarding when the challenges can be overcome. Great place to learn and work.
Johns Hopkins
Clinical Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 9, 2014
I really do not have much to say about this hospital. I don't like this hospital
Fast paced administrative, hosptial work.
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great benifits, supportive co-workers
Cons: mid-shift work, stressful enviornment
Overall this is a great position with great benefits. It is just no longer the position for me. The staff is great, as is management. There are plenty of opportuites tobetter yourself in your current role or advance through education and skills building.
Productive work place
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good work environment, sit-down job, flexible hours
Cons: if you haven't learned how to adapt to different personalities then this is not the job for you
Very paced work environment with high volume calls from patients, physicians, internal and external customers. Obtained patient information along with triaged emergency calls. The co-workers were very easy to get along with very welcoming. The hardest part of the job is to not be under stress while in the workplace. The part of the job I loved the most – more... is being able to help other people speak to the proper that they need. – less
Staff is friendly and easy to work with.
Health Information Management Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore MarylandAugust 23, 2014
I was an intern, I learned about the technicalities of Health Information Management.
Great place to work.
Project Analyst, Pediatric Administration (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2014
Johns Hopkins Hospital is a great place to work, grow and network. Although the work can be very strenuous, it is definitely rewarding too. Over the last 4 years I have had some wonderful opportunities as well as some lasting friendships.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins Hospital

The Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing is a global leader in nursing research, education and scholarship and is ranked – Read more

Johns Hopkins Hospital Photos