Johns Hopkins Hospital

Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

you can make it
International Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 23, 2015
good place to have on your resume but not a career choice, just a pit stop. The people are nice but the policies are ever changing to put pressure on employees to give more for less and on patients are not a priority in the eyes of the management. However, the doctors are just wonderful human beings and they care sooo much.
Very Busy but still a great enviroment to work in.
Patient Transport Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Down Time
Cons: Very busy alot of walking(constanlybuying new shoes)
A typical day would consist of overseeing staff payroll and negative time. Checking and responding to email. Assisting in Patient Transports along with call center relief and coverage . I've learned that it take some concentration to answer call and data entry all at once. Management seems a bit off key or some what disconnected but their if needed. Most of my co workers are team players. The hardest part of the job would be finding adequate transport equipment. However being told that you've made a difference in someone's day is the most enjoyable part of the job.
productive and fun
Clinical Nurse Externs (Former Employee), BALTIMORE MARYLANDJuly 1, 2015
Pros: team work environment, schedule flexibility
Working in health care could be challenging especially when you are coming from a different work background. However, my experience have been a rewarding one since I joined healthcare organization. All the different places I have worked have left me with a memorable experience till date. Over the years, I have seen the importance of team work and collaboration among the stakeholders. My work experience with my co-workers had always make my job easy, fast and very timely in case of patient's emergency care. This is the most encouraging part of my job since my nine years of CNA experience. Team work helps me to achieve my optimum daily goals at work. I enjoy working with co-workers because it reduces the tension and stress at the end of the day's work assisgnment.
Great place to work with plenty of ways to grow and excel
Housekeeping discharge team (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 29, 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers, my days are productive. I've learned the importance of thorough cleaning, my biggest challenge is getting a 100% on my room grade. The managers are easy and fun to work with. My favorite part of my job is my lunch break.
Good Sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 25, 2015
I open, close store, file, train, help people, banking, doing paper work, and answer phones. I loved working there it was a good place to work.
International Billing Program Analyst (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 22, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Johns Hopkins Medicine International. 8 hour days. Great coworkers. Friendly management.
Mixed emotions
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the historic side seems forgotten sometimes
JHH is a great place to work. They really believe in bettering the community. Hopkins allows you to grow; if you get in, take every chance you can. Pay attention to politics but don't focus on them.
PRODUCTIVE and CONSISTENT WORKFLOW
Patient Transport Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore,MDJune 5, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: constant walking/pulling and pushing
Transports patients and equipment to and from various departments within the Medical Center. Performs various patient related activities, as assigned. Patients are transported in a safe manner and proper body mechanics are utilized at all times. Maintains PAR levels for equipment in various locations throughout the Medical Center. Continuously shows the ability to work well with other co-workers
Productive, Fun workplace with great opportunities
Medical Supply Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work is coming in ready to work being alert so your working as safely as possible because you are around patient constantly delivering supplies. The managers and co-workers are all fun hard working people who have the same goals to put patient care first and to be the best.
Johns Hopkins Hospital is a awesome place to work and grow
Patient Transport Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2015
Pros: Education (tution reimbursement), and other benefits
Cons: Work load and low pay
The typical day at work is safely and efficiently making sure that all patients, visitors; are transported to their destination in a timely matter. I have learned that taking care of people brings me joy. Management is good, because we are patient care organizations that is the first priority. I enjoy working with my co-workers, I like the hardest part of my job is getting people engage and the most enjoyable part of the job is mentor young people and watching them grow.
Self Motivated/busy fast paced office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2015
Pros: The entire position was a Pro which I really enjoyed
Cons: Not able to stay within Hopkins when I had to move to Delaware
My job was highly diversified. Every day I wore many hats. I was self motivated and had very little interaction from management. I would go from travel expense reimbursements to Therapist Credentialing to New Hire onboarding to data entry etc.

This job was very rewarding and filled my day from start to finish. The only reason I left this position was my husband wanted to retire to Delaware and Hopkins had not job opportunities in this area.
Great institution made of dedicated, passionate employees!
Certified Nurse Extern (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2015
JHH strives for excellence and always pushes nurses to work as a team. I grew as a person and a nurse there, and am so grateful for the experience.
excellent work place
Nurse Clinician II (Current Employee), baltimore, marylandMay 28, 2015
Pros: the best of the best
Cons: don't grandfather you in as you advance
I love working at JHH, It's a great work environment filled with very friendly staff members but as I advanced in my career there's nothing available because the job opportunities require 2-3 years experience to be placed in the new field. I have 10 years experience as a RN but none as a NP-C.
good team work with cooperation and mutual respect
Arabic - English Interpreter (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2015
Cons: short breaks
I work on average 7 hours/day. I learned a lot about the work environment in the heath centers, and about different Arab cultures. The management is very fair, informative and highly competent. I have mutual respect with my co - workers.
The hardest part of the job is that it is on call basis with no fixed work schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job is you feel the happy to help patients in a difficult situation.
This hospital taught me what i know
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2015
Pros: teaching hosp
Cons: parking issues
Hopkins is very challenging but I like that. Hopkins taught me to want more, to want to learn more, to be able to teach others what I know and share with my coworkers or new hires coming on board. The hardest part of the job was letting go of it. I really enjoyed Hopkins I grew up while working with them and for them. What I know they get credit for.The most enjoyable about Hopkins is that I always want to go back to them.
Great place to work and meet new people
Admin (Former Employee), MarylandMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great place to network and make new friends.
Cons: pay raises are not guaranteed.
Great institution with so many opportunities to learn from. So many benefits like live near your work, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Nice Place to work
Revenue Cycle Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 14, 2015
Very nice place to work. The environment is very friendly and pleasant. They have a culter that is filled with integrity.
Fun challenging place
Student Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 11, 2015
Hi level health care, innovative ways to treat patients, very diverse environment, upward mobility. It is nice to help patients and their family members in their time of need
Very busy and productive
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2015
A very good experiance and place to network with people of various cultures and religions. I love working here! THe people make the days go by faster in times when its hectic the staff are amazing and extremely helpful as well.
Productive and positive environment
Archivist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits that can help you and your family.
Great company to work for. They have great benefits.Benefits that can help you and your family ( covers education, some day cares, discount car insurance, assistance with buying a house etc).

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins Hospital

The Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing is a global leader in nursing research, education and scholarship and is ranked – Read more

Johns Hopkins Hospital Salaries