Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2016
Good place to work at. Great staff and environment. The most enjoyable apart of the job was the customer service I was able to provide. I would recommend people to work there.
Good work place
Environmental Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2016
I have been working here for 4 months now and so far it is a great place to work. They show appreciation to their staff by having random giveaways and luncheons.
Management was not understanding and resentful of FMLA
Administrative coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2016
Though the management of Cardiology unbearable to work for.
I love my job, my patients, my docs. I am hoping to find another position that I will be just as happy
Pros
Love my work place
Cons
hated management
my experience
Decontam Transport Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 22, 2016
I learned a lot from working with different people. I enjoy the benefits of working for a hospital with such a good reputation.
area cleaner hopkins
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 17, 2016
As a area at john Hopkins is a wonderful job just looking for a different environment. I've been working Hopkins since 08/2015.
Through out my day it been okay , some day's I feel over stress. but I love it here but, just looking for a better work Envorminent and different pay rate.
knowledgable and interesting place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2016
I enjoyed going to work everyday at Johns Hopkins. The Nurses and staff that I worked with were very pleasant and easy to get along with. I truly enjoyed working with the patients. I enjoy taking care of people and helping them to manage and maintain a better lifestyle. Taking care of your health is very important and being a part of helping to take care of so many was a blessing. I enjoyed going to work everyday and just knowing that I made a difference in so many people's lives made me feel so good inside, I truly enjoy taking care of people and helping them to get better and feel better. I learned so much at Johns Hopkins in all the training classes and just with the day to day interaction with the nurses and doctors. The hardest part of the job was the lost of a patient. It always leaves me saddened whenever a patient expires.
Pros
Able to learn and gain so much knowledge
Cons
Watching so many in pain from whatever illness they may have had
fun educational institution high volume lab
Histology Tech II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2016
Fun, warm, teaching environment. Very high volume lab. Many responsibilities. Mandatory overtime. Mandatory inclement weather. Mandatory stand and defend. Management does not communicate effectively with one another. Too many people in leadership roles. Too many people just starting in histology. Not much room for growth. Parking for employees is not the best. I pay to park in the garage and I still have to walk four blocks to get to work in inner city Baltimore. This eats up about 20 mins per day.
Job Security
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2016
There's definitely room to grow at JHH. I wish our systems were a little more up to date, and we adopted a more modern work week schedule. All in all, JHH is a great place to work.
Pros
Job security
Cons
easily become complacent and comfortable
Poor raises
Project Leader - Electronic BedBoard (EBB) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 8, 2016
Great benefits. Raises were consistently poor throughout company. Culture is changing rapidly.
EPIC replaced many IT systems and affected job security
Benefits
Cons
Poor raises
Nice place to work.
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2016
Nice place to work, Great place for advancement. Great benefits. Nice clean and friendly work environment, Place for growth in the medical field. Nice diversity
Great open office environment
Space Design & Data Tech (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 1, 2016
My typical day in the office involves updating base CAD files regarding the many recent renovations and new construction projects at our East Baltimore campus and then creating PDF's of these updates to download into our Archibus data system and onto WebCentral, our website that is used by the Facilities Department to access all rooms and spaces in every building on campus.
Ok place to work
Clinical Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 31, 2016
I enjoyed the hospital setting. A very busy place to work. The only thing was rotating shifts between day and nights. Staff members were good. Overall good place to work.
Great place to advance
Bi-Lingual Child-Care Volunteer, Centro Sol (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2016
Great place to advance and many opportunities to engage outside of the immediate community. If you are looking for a challenging environment and city, this is the place
Cultured and caring environment with wonderful staff
Neurologist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2016
Working for John Hopkin's Hospital was a true dream come true. From the moment I walked into those doors, I was welcomed into the Hopkin's family. There, I worked closely with staff and patients from all walks of life. I've learned so much from working at this facility, and I loved the support from the HR!
Pros
A cultured work enviornment
great place to work
Inpatient Financial Clearance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2016
Here at Johns Hopkins Health System, I have met wonderful people who share a common goal to keep the patient first. My coworkers have become like family with their support and demonstration of teamwork.
i love meeting new peolpe and learning new things
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 18, 2016
Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
Sweep, scrub, wax, or polish floors with powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
Thoroughly sanitized dishes, cooking utensils, and silverware.Replenish supplies, such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
Serviced, cleaned, or supplied restrooms according to company’s policies and procedures.
Followed procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
, upholstered furniture, and draperies
Disinfected equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
Wonderful place to work
Nurse Clinician II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2016
Wonderful culture, worked as a team, nurses opinions valued by doctors. Patients felt like family and were always very grateful for the excellent care they receive.
24 hour business
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2016
A typical day of work varies everyday, no 2 days are ever alike. I meet and interact with people of all cultures. Everyday is a new opportunity to make the patient experience better.
Institution supports educational and professional growth
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2016
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a great place to work and grow. The institution encourages their staff to further their education through a plethora of continuing education and/or degree programs. It's somewhat challenging because not all managers or departments welcome this idea of growth. Some are stuck in the 20th century work culture. I think once that's bought up to par, Hopkins will be capable of revolutionizing not just Healthcare, but also the concept of the ideal work environment.
Pros
I feel the company promotes and supports professional growth
Cons
Some leaders are stuck in the 20th century work environment
Supportive workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 27, 2016
Fantastic institution that provided support for both patients and clinical students. A great foundation for anyone looking to pursue a healthcare related career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.