Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive, Fun workplace with great opportunities
Medical Supply Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work is coming in ready to work being alert so your working as safely as possible because you are around patient constantly delivering supplies. The managers and co-workers are all fun hard working people who have the same goals to put patient care first and to be the best.
Johns Hopkins Hospital is a awesome place to work and grow
Patient Transport Supervisor (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2015
Pros: Education (tution reimbursement), and other benefits
Cons: Work load and low pay
The typical day at work is safely and efficiently making sure that all patients, visitors; are transported to their destination in a timely matter. I have learned that taking care of people brings me joy. Management is good, because we are patient care organizations that is the first priority. I enjoy working with my co-workers, I like the hardest part of my job is getting people engage and the most enjoyable part of the job is mentor young people and watching them grow.
Self Motivated/busy fast paced office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2015
Pros: The entire position was a Pro which I really enjoyed
Cons: Not able to stay within Hopkins when I had to move to Delaware
My job was highly diversified. Every day I wore many hats. I was self motivated and had very little interaction from management. I would go from travel expense reimbursements to Therapist Credentialing to New Hire onboarding to data entry etc.

This job was very rewarding and filled my day from start to finish. The only reason I left this position was my husband wanted to retire to Delaware and Hopkins had not job opportunities in this area.
Great institution made of dedicated, passionate employees!
Certified Nurse Extern (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2015
JHH strives for excellence and always pushes nurses to work as a team. I grew as a person and a nurse there, and am so grateful for the experience.
excellent work place
Nurse Clinician II (Current Employee), baltimore, marylandMay 28, 2015
Pros: the best of the best
Cons: don't grandfather you in as you advance
I love working at JHH, It's a great work environment filled with very friendly staff members but as I advanced in my career there's nothing available because the job opportunities require 2-3 years experience to be placed in the new field. I have 10 years experience as a RN but none as a NP-C.
good team work with cooperation and mutual respect
Arabic - English Interpreter (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2015
Cons: short breaks
I work on average 7 hours/day. I learned a lot about the work environment in the heath centers, and about different Arab cultures. The management is very fair, informative and highly competent. I have mutual respect with my co - workers.
The hardest part of the job is that it is on call basis with no fixed work schedule.
The most enjoyable part of the job is you feel the happy to help patients in a difficult situation.
This hospital taught me what i know
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2015
Pros: teaching hosp
Cons: parking issues
Hopkins is very challenging but I like that. Hopkins taught me to want more, to want to learn more, to be able to teach others what I know and share with my coworkers or new hires coming on board. The hardest part of the job was letting go of it. I really enjoyed Hopkins I grew up while working with them and for them. What I know they get credit for.The most enjoyable about Hopkins is that I always want to go back to them.
Great place to work and meet new people
Admin (Former Employee), MarylandMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great place to network and make new friends.
Cons: pay raises are not guaranteed.
Great institution with so many opportunities to learn from. So many benefits like live near your work, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Nice Place to work
Revenue Cycle Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 14, 2015
Very nice place to work. The environment is very friendly and pleasant. They have a culter that is filled with integrity.
Fun challenging place
Student Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 11, 2015
Hi level health care, innovative ways to treat patients, very diverse environment, upward mobility. It is nice to help patients and their family members in their time of need
Very busy and productive
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 10, 2015
A very good experiance and place to network with people of various cultures and religions. I love working here! THe people make the days go by faster in times when its hectic the staff are amazing and extremely helpful as well.
Productive and positive environment
Archivist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits that can help you and your family.
Great company to work for. They have great benefits.Benefits that can help you and your family ( covers education, some day cares, discount car insurance, assistance with buying a house etc).
A typical work place
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 27, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Crowded lunch time
Johns Hopkins Hospital is an excellent place to work besides the rotating shifts it is an ok place to work. The work pay did not increase as much but at least we were able to get some sort of increase every year.
productive workplace.
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
The Job was okay. Mostly everyone is anti-social ONLY in my department. It is a little unorganized but okay to work in. The benefits are excellent. Some of the nurses are friendly as well.
diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community they serve
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 26, 2015
Providing service excellence at Johns Hopkins Hospital by serving as a central point of contact and communication for patients, families, visitors and members of the healthcare team in patient care units. I also provide a broad spectrum of customer support services to medical, nursing, and administrative staff by performing a variety of unit specific activities geared to meet unit, department, and institutional needs.
everyone is very close together and fun
Pediatric Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Balitmore MDApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches on Payday
Cons: Paying for parking to come to work.
A typical work day is working on very patient dosing that is very precise because it is the pedatric pharmacy
I've learned how to be very fast in the Iv hood.
Managment is okay, but the bonds between personal and work life are blurdded.
Most coworkers are pretty goof but of course we all have a very bad, lazy apples.
The hardest part of my job is sometimes dealing with seeing the dying children.
But thr best part is knowing in a small way we are helping to get them better.
Great Benefits
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: low pay
Its a great place to work for if you plan on continuing your education, and they provide good benefits. They will pay for school through tuition reimbursement.
a typical day a jhh
Clerical Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2015
Pros: i loved the break
Cons: alot of being on your feet and moving around throughout the units
it was a very easy going job loved the hours and the pay was average great place to work depending on what position you have
Productive and fast pace environment.
Support Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2015
A typical day within this company consist of transporting patients throughout the hospital and stocking the Emergency Room.
Hopkins is like a whole neighborhood inside a building
Group Leader (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2015
Pros: Great people great food
Cons: you can't really change positions or departments if you don't have good connections.
I have become accustomed to Johns Hopkins because you will never be bored here, its so many people and departments in the building. They have a great food selection. Nice people and clowns who doesnt love a clown. All in all Hopkins is where I grew up and I love working here. I just need a change now that I have my degree.