Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

There is a reason why it is the number 1 hospital for more than a decade!
Lead Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2016
My dream job! I felt privileged and humbled to be part of the Johns Hopkins team. I learned a lot as a scientist and as a person from the culture.
What i enjoyed the most..
Receptionist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 20, 2016
Being at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business school taught me how to carry myself in a manner that will make my day and most importantly make my job easier. They made me feel apart of their team even though it was a internship which was temporary.
Pros
Cafeteria, Kitchens, Cleanness
Cons
N/A
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Student Consultant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 19, 2016
People are nice to work with also most of the people are willing to corporate. Overall it is really enjoyable as well as the place is really beautiful.
Learning Experience of a Lifetime
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 19, 2016
It is a very flexible job environment. I participated in a paid undergraduate research experience over the summer and was introduced to graduate level studies. While I was there, I worked on fabricating and optimizing colloidal quantum dot particles.
Only a name
Nurse Clinician I (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 19, 2016
Back stabbing work culture, high turnover, robbing from the community, only care about Mid East patients, cheap with supplies (cleaning, dynamaps etc), slipping in their ranking
sanitation
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2016
same as above I have been doing sanitation wrk for the last 6 years Hopkins has good benefits but work demands more pay how I am concerned very little advancement in department
Challenging and very rewarding
JHMCIS Department - Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 9, 2016
It's been nearly 10 years since I worked at Johns Hopkins Hospital. It was the most incredible place that I ever worked at. There were people from around the world that came there for treatment.
No comment
Project management (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 7, 2016
I learned that there is far too much politics to get anything accomplished. In addition, the departments work in silos and don't collaborate with each other.
Great Experience
Senior Emergency Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 6, 2016
The Johns Hopkins Hospital and given me a worldly experience in regards to the enormous volume of patients that are seen in the Emergency Department on a daily bases. I have been awarded the opportunity to be a "charge" person, which lead to dealing with traumas and directing staff.
Pros
There are many perks.
Cons
The compensation is slow.
started as a new graduate (1987); a very valuable learning experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 31, 2016
Learned my professional nursing skills with excellent preceptors.Diverse patient population and diagnoses afforded me the opportunity to enhance/expand my clinical performance. My clinical advancements afforded me the opportunity to go from the bedside to management, thus making my professional skills more marketable.
Worked as a Clinical Tech in the ER And learned a lot
Clinical Technician E.R (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2016
Working in the ER taught me a lot about patient care because as a medic I would be with a patient for 20-30 minutes tops. But as a Clin Tech I was introduced to another level of patient care that I enjoyed
busy ICU enviroment
Neonatal Intensive Care Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2016
Very busy work environment, both physically and mentally. Can be stressful at times. level 4 NICU . The entire medical team works well together, especially the nurses and RTs. Hopkins provides the opportunity to see and experience things most hospitals cannot provide.
what i liked about hopkins
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2016
love meeting people who comes from a different background as me. you learn different cultures and languages. A typical day at work are greeting your co-workers getting prepared for the day and checking on your patients. working at Hopkins taught me how much team work is really needed in a place such as busy as this. It also taught me how to be kind and more open with people. The hardest part about working at Hopkins are sometimes pleasing people which is rare. Its hard because we put so much into work that we want to please the people around us and sometimes it doesn't be enough. The most enjoyable part of my job are the co-workers and the patients. Just to know that you can make someone day just by speaking or smiling or just giving conversation will make a difference.
Pros
free days, holiday pay, bonuses
Cons
need to be appericated more, need 5min grace period in the morning
my review
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 28, 2016
overall the job was good fast pace keeps you busy but thy treat there employees bad over worked and not appreciated at all just being honest
Pros
good benifits
Cons
treat employees terrible
Johns Hopkins Hospital gave me opportunity to grow and strength to maintain
Sr. Financial Transplant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2016
The only reason I left Johns Hopkins Hospital was because an opportunity of growth was offered to me at a time I thought I needed something different. But I definitely enjoyed my time with Johns Hopkins Hospital. it gave me the opportunity to build my weaknesses and make them into strengths. I enjoyed the people very much.
Pros
Opportunity and guideness
A great place to work
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2016
Love working with public ,work being acknowledged and friendly coworkers all work together working the evening shift is very important to me I can take care of my business in the morning hours
Pros
Quite place
Cons
Need more workers
Career growth
Clinical Specimen Tech (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandAugust 18, 2016
Room to advance and grow in the company. Education, teaching, pay is reasonable. I've learned how to effectively become a good Phlebotomist. Works great with new employees.
excellent place to work
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 18, 2016
this is a face paced challenging medical environment. the sickest patients in the world. a great place to be for academics and sharing your skills with radiologists
Pros
good benfits
Cons
location
Needs work
Pathologists asst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2016
Johns Hopkins is a large business that will prepare you for other opportunities however, there seems to be room for improvement. Employees need motivation to do well, and if not monetarily people need to know they are an asset to a company and appreciated. Johns Hopkins seems to be a revolving door unfortunately because it has such potential.
Pros
stable
Cons
benefits, advancement
I love JHH!
Chef (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 15, 2016
The best place to work hands down! The best health benefits! absolutely love the location! The staff is friendly and inviting! You couldn't ask for a better place to work!
Pros
health benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.