Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor Management
HR (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2017
No advancement. If you prefer constant "Soap Opera" drama this is the job / company for you. There is no chance for improvements at this company. They've been managing people and using the same software for decades. If you like, or miss, 1970-1980's management style and software this is the company for you.
Pros
pay, time off
Cons
too many
secure and fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2017
made some good connections.
get exposed to a lot.
room for growth.
if you get in and do you work you will be fine.
don't get caught up in any drama.
you meet a lot of people.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
Hard working nights
Face pace , stressfull but rewarding job
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 23, 2017
Johns Hopkins Hospital ... the nurses and doctors I have had the privilege to work with, not only are amazing people but also miracle workers. This was a job that always, I mean always had you working at a face pace. I was always Multi tasking with the guidance of doctors and nurses. There was no room for error and I loved that about the job.
I was taught Epic, a computer program, that every hospital was using. I also was chosen to teach or guide the doctors and nurses on how to use this program. I was sent to many classes to stay updated on the new changes and to make sure everyone else was educated on the latest updates.
The hardest part of my job was seeing the death and sick people that you grew attached to.
The Team work was what I loved the most, no matter how hard the day was ,you knew at the end of the day you were all going thru the same worries.
Pros
Education and experience
Cons
drive to baltimore every day
Lots of incentives but do not expect a big pay
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2017
They do not really care about experience they care about degrees! My main supervisor has been here almost 10 years but has not been made management, my manager has a bunch of degrees but relies on my supervisor to do her job, she cant do anything without her. This is a common theme through out the organization. The hospital does not pay much over all, but you can move around and the benefits are pretty good. Also they have a lot of incentive programs, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Good job
Building Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2017
Its a good job if your in the medical field, I worked in janitorial services which was ok for a older person I just felt like I could do a lot better.
It's hard to advance in the company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2017
It's a job I need it I'm thankful for my job but I wish there was a way that you can advance within the company. And also I wish that there was a better way to help people to go to school who don't have full-time hours also I wish that they would help with the health insurance because it's more for people who work part-time when it is for people who work full-time hours so it's unaffordable for people who had families and they only work part-time hours
My specialy is opthalmology and it is very rewarding
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2017
Case loads varies. You get emergency unscheduled cases from time to time but when you are a professional and experienced, you fall right into place and knock the cases out.
Pros
Making a difference in the lives of those that aree having issues with their vision
Cons
Cases can go onger than planned/expected.
Great place to start your working career at. Good work atmosphere.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2017
Johns Hopkins provided me with an opportunity to experience the work world. From benefits to 401k's they offer a lot and even chances to further ones career.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Productive and challenge workplace
EVS Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 11, 2017
I work long and hard keep things clean. I learn different ares of the hospital to work in. The management worked hard to keep all ares clean. The job is open for everyone with good opportunity. The hardest part of the job was moving to a different department. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to learn a lot of different things.
Nice place to grow career
NA (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 9, 2017
Competitive for employment for any position despite being an internal candidate. Difficult to advance. Culture is positive and convenient. One must be open to learning "The Hopkins Way"
Over all it's a great place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 9, 2017
John's Hopkins doesn't pay their employees enough money to work for the amount of work that is expected. It's a teaching Hospital, everyday you are training someone who most likely will not stay. People come and go, it get exhausting. You sometimes feel unrecognized for the amount of work you put in daily at Hopkins. We're under paid and a lot of students get recognized just because of being a summer intern. Hopkins employees have no voice.
Pros
It's a teaching Hospital. You learn something new everyday
Cons
Parking cost too much money for employees
Hopkins can be a very challenging workplace
Vocational Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2017
Working at Hopkins can be very challenging and rewarding. I enjoy what I do, and I have a flexible schedule, but the work load can be very stressful. Hopkins appears to have great benefits, but the pay scale is very low compared to similar programs within the Baltimore area.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
Diffficult to balance work and life
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 5, 2017
Awesome job. Family life and personal life balance was difficult to establish because of the stress of the job. Excellent benefits. Excellent education package.
Pros
salaried
Cons
poor work life balance
You either love it or hate it
Operations Business Analyst for EDI (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 5, 2017
It can be a great place to work. Like any other place it has it's good days and bad days. The good days out weight the bad ones.

The Monthly Company meeting with the President is never dull.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Moving between buildings
Jhh
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2017
I love working on my unit at Hopkins. The unit is fast paced, challenging, and stressful at times. However, the staff has formed a sort of "family" and welcomes new members. I will be very sad once I finally leave.
Pros
PTO instead of given number of sick days per year
Cons
Have to work every other holiday and weekends.
Amazing place to work
Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2017
Johns Hopkins Hospital was an amazing place to work! The staff and coworkers were exceptional. There were many opportunities for growth. It was a very high demand and often stressful position , but well worth it since every day felt like we were making a difference in the lives of the patients. I worked with an amazing team who I considered part of my family.
Good place to work for
CRNP (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2017
- educational tuition reimbursement including college assistance for children
- good health care insurance
- prestige as one of the finest hospital in the world
Productive and fun environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2017
Enjoyed interacting with the patients. The environment is diverse, friendly and prompt. ensure that we have a understanding. Cares of how each member feel.
productive
Certified Medical Assistant (Dermatology) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2017
Great coworkers, superiors, and patients. Helpful learning techniques. Since I graduated school, this job gave me hands on experience. By checking patients in, setting up biopsy, administrative aspect by scanning paperwork, and patient service overall.
This was a fast pace location
Supervisor/Server (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 1, 2017
Very busy from the time we open. I've learned to be a great team player. I liked my manager she was fair. I don't believe that there was any hard part of my job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.