Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work, pay could be better however
Support Center Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2016
Great place to work. Very intelligent people and you get to try new things frequently. The benefits are really a plus and a huge drawing factor. The pay however for many positions is below average.
Pros
great people, great benefits
Cons
pay is below average
Not easy to get a job and difficult to advance
LAN ADMIN II (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2016
Compensation seems to be lower than market value. The technologies used in environments are better than most medical environments and the technical culture is embraced.
Productive and fun work environment
Sr. System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2016
Working for Johns Hopkins IT is very a productive and fun environment to work for. I learn a lot as a system administrator. I work on day to day server management as for VMWare, SQL database and project maangement.
Pros
Great management
Cons
you want to work harder
Great place to advance
Bi-Lingual Child-Care Volunteer, Centro Sol (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2016
Great place to advance and many opportunities to engage outside of the immediate community. If you are looking for a challenging environment and city, this is the place
Poor raises
Project Leader - Electronic BedBoard (EBB) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 8, 2016
Great benefits. Raises were consistently poor throughout company. Culture is changing rapidly.
EPIC replaced many IT systems and affected job security
Benefits
Cons
Poor raises
Challenging and very rewarding
JHMCIS Department - Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 9, 2016
It's been nearly 10 years since I worked at Johns Hopkins Hospital. It was the most incredible place that I ever worked at. There were people from around the world that came there for treatment.
24 hour business
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2016
A typical day of work varies everyday, no 2 days are ever alike. I meet and interact with people of all cultures. Everyday is a new opportunity to make the patient experience better.
Okay place to begin
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 27, 2016
Hopskins is one of those places you come to learn and use as a stepping stone, If they could focus on their teamwork and management skills i believe many would love it here!
Worked as a Clinical Tech in the ER And learned a lot
Clinical Technician E.R (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 30, 2016
Working in the ER taught me a lot about patient care because as a medic I would be with a patient for 20-30 minutes tops. But as a Clin Tech I was introduced to another level of patient care that I enjoyed
Nice place to work.
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2016
Nice place to work, Great place for advancement. Great benefits. Nice clean and friendly work environment, Place for growth in the medical field. Nice diversity
n/a
Sr. Chargemaster Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 27, 2016
n/a; a good place to work. a good place for career advancement and academically acceptable. Multicultural and nice atmosphere overall. The best of the best.
Pros
staff nice
Cons
advancement
Fun place to work at
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2016
Good place to work at. Great staff and environment. The most enjoyable apart of the job was the customer service I was able to provide. I would recommend people to work there.
Good work place
Environmental Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 29, 2016
I have been working here for 4 months now and so far it is a great place to work. They show appreciation to their staff by having random giveaways and luncheons.
Need More Compensation
Senior Financial Clearance Coordinator (IV) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2017
Johns Hopkins is a great place to work but they do not Compensate well. Employees deserve more compensation then they are receiving.
There is a reason why it is the number 1 hospital for more than a decade!
Lead Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2016
My dream job! I felt privileged and humbled to be part of the Johns Hopkins team. I learned a lot as a scientist and as a person from the culture.
great learning facility
Perioperative implant specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 11, 2017
great place to kick start your career. lots of benefits available for students. I learned a tremendous about from this establishment
Ok place to work
Clinical Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 31, 2016
I enjoyed the hospital setting. A very busy place to work. The only thing was rotating shifts between day and nights. Staff members were good. Overall good place to work.
A great place to work
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2016
Love working with public ,work being acknowledged and friendly coworkers all work together working the evening shift is very important to me I can take care of my business in the morning hours
Pros
Quite place
Cons
Need more workers
great place
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 18, 2017
great place to work you have a lot of freedom working here its like you are your own boss , very nice people and management isnt too bad either amazing place
It's a living
Environmental Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2016
You go in and you punch the clock, you hope that you're in the area you're use to working with. That said you go from doing one job to the next on overnight and you get out. The bosses don't even give you a thumbs up or a good work.
Cons
Unappreciative Management, Short staff, Demanding Autgoro

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.