Johns Hopkins Hospital

Johns Hopkins Hospital Employee Reviews

Flexibility
Executive Assistant, Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Lutherville, MDJanuary 15, 2015
Pay is not the greatest but great benefits. Health benefits and tuition reimbursement is awesome.
Interesting Work Place
Clinical Office Assistant / Summer Internship (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: it was a job that i loved
Cons: didn't get as many hours as i like to have gotten
A typical day at work I was responsible for transporting specimens and files to other clinics and departments, i was responsible for the daily confirmation of all clinic appointments, I was responsible for answering inbound calls requesting appointments, and i was also responsible for daily filing of all completed patient charts and verified insurance eligibility to insure proper pament of services billed. I learned how to multitask with this job. My co-workers were such a pleasure to work with. Nothing about this job was complicated to me. I enjoyed everything about working with this company.
I loved working here
Patient Service Coordinator III (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 1, 2015
My typical day consisted of answering the phone, triaging calls, and completing admission paperwork for patients.
Good job
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore mdDecember 17, 2014
Good experience for someone eager to work in a hospital environment
A great learnig place.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist III (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great experience in a variety of latest test methods, instruments, and technologies.
Cons: stressful work load.
A typical day starts in the evening shift with an overwhelming load of work which feels like unbearable. Being a very hard working tech and team player, I can see how well we perform as we use every seconds of our time to produce accurate results by fulfilling a best turn around time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I personally or my coworkers help physicians in pinpointing an ailment using our skill.
I want to go back
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2014
Loved it. The best experience when I came out of Medical Assistant school. My first job
Johns Hopkins Hopsital
Intern (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 19, 2014
Great experience.
Learned a lot of valuable information.
Friendly co-workers.
politics of the job
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches discunts on cell phone mass purchases including shoes jewerly food etc
Cons: the hospital doesnt care for its union workers
although in general Johns Hopkins Hospital is a number one in a lot of areas caring for their employers and making us feel secure in our job is below average. They hire new people to manage and work the old format which leads to confusion. There is a lot of non professionalism going on and lots of favoritism. too much love the perks don't like the inside world
Very nice establishment
Remote Support Employee (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 9, 2014
My experience at Hopkins was great as an intern. I learned about office politics, also a lot about IT. I have imaged a lot of PC's, and thin clients. I have taken apart two laptops to investigate the damage inside of the keyboard and to the hard drive. I have been apart of the deployment team and set up several workstations throughout the hospital. I have worked on site to troubleshoot network drivers, printers, monitors, CPU's and scanners. I have had a lot of experience remoting into workstations and virtual desktops to troubleshoot software issues and internet connectivity problems. My coworkers have been very nice and taught me a lot in the IT field. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with an angry customer, but you just have to have great customer service skills. I remain calm and apologize for the delay and ensure them I will assist them to the best of my ability. The most enjoyable part for me is helping the customer and hearing how happy they are when the issue is resolved.
Great
Mechanical/ Refrigeration Mechanic (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2014
Great company great co workers and benefit. typical day is busy with a lot of good stress. I had a lot of on the job training and have gained many skills
working at hopkins
Support Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 27, 2014
I get to meet alot of wonderful people. My manager is very flexible with my schedule. I have gained alot of patient care experence. But i am looking for a oppertunity to get more hands on. The hardest part about my job is the work load can be to heavy at times. I enjoy making people happy by satisifying there needs while they are in my care.
Patient focused environment
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 22, 2014
Pros: diversity, learning opportunities
I truly enjoyed working at Hopkins in the Pastoral Care Department. Our department was wonderfully diverse and truly patient centered. Management worked very closely with staff in order to ensure that we were able to fully meet patients needs. There were numerous opportunities for outside learning experiences and great flexibility for staffers with family obligations.
SAME AS ABOVE
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2014
I LIKE HELPING PATIENT BEING THERE IF THEY NEED ME... I LIKE GOING TO WORK KNOWING IM WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEBODY LIVE THAT DAY
Fast paced, intense workload
Medicare Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2014
Worked agings for two hospitals, for all hospital inpatient part A and part B claims as well in daily workload of incoming created claims. Checked Medicare eligibility vs Medicare Secondary payer information.
Stuck up
High-Risk L&D RN (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2014
Pretentious organization which carries into their rationale behind paying lower than hospital almost any other hospital around despite how unsafe the location and patient acuity.
Good Place to work
STAFF ACCOUNTANT II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2014
Very nice management, great environment. Good work life balance.
productive work place ,learning to deal with the operating room surgeons and to see some of the most important surgies being done
Operating Room Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 8, 2014
Pros: working in the operating room with the doctors that perform surgery
Cons: had to change my clothes into scrub uniforms and some times had to eat lunch on the unit
good day, learned how it is to pay close attention and to be whatever you want to be in life. The management was o.k. and my co-workers we worked well together as a team when needed to, the hardest part of the job is when I first started and dealing with the smell of blood and many surgery that I had to see.
When I became immune to seeing many surgery getting done the smell of blood and the cutting of patients and the doctors doing what they do best save lives.
Productive and Enjoyable
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 8, 2014
Pros: proper training
Cons: no breaks.
1.) A typical day at work was usually busy.
2.) Management was flexible.
3.) My co-workers very friendly.
4.) The hardest part of the job was being a perfectionist.
5.) The most enjoyable part of the job was giving my co-workers supplies to clean the hospital.
very simple and calm
Receptionist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2014
working at a desk inputting information into the computer, interacting with co workers and building a relationship with them most enjoyable part was working as a team.
A very fine institute comprised of exceptional minds.
Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 2, 2014
Pros: exposure to the brand, great learning environment, truly exceptional colleagues.
Cons: salary is below market comparables 10% - 30% at times.
Johns Hopkins is an exceptional enterprise in most every regard. Consistently ranked amongst the top healthcare institutions in the World, it maintains its stature through hiring top talent throughout the healthcare industry. Every day there is something new to explore and advancements to be made on a personal and professional level. Every day is a challenge. It is an environment of continuous improvement driven by a culture who strives for nothing but perfection.

About Johns Hopkins Hospital

The Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing is a global leader in nursing research, education and scholarship and is ranked – Read more

Johns Hopkins Hospital Salaries