Johns Hopkins University

Johns Hopkins University Employer Reviews

you learn alot
Medical Office Receptionist/ Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2014
must love people and have the ability to learn fast. they do teach you many new things and there is always help when you need it
Productive Workplace
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER EPIC (Current Employee), Baltimore MDApril 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: salary
• Responsible for supporting all elements of training, planning, design, development, and implementation for designated application(s) in the EHR program
• Assists training manager with training strategy for designated application(s)
• Participates in the development of training policies and requirements for designated application(s)
• Complete the – more... training tasks outlined in the training project plan
• Responsible for development of detailed, workflow based curriculum for designated application(s)
• Responsible for building, testing, and maintaining the training environment for designated application(s)
• Develops appropriate level of proficiency measures for training
• Deploys instructional methods based on type of learning, learner needs/preferences, and available resources
• Trains end users, super users, and additional classroom trainers on assigned applications
• Champions the project
• Provide post go-live coaching and support.
• Completes required status reports and attends required meetings
• Achieves and maintains application certification in accordance with departmental and organizational standards
• Maintains confidentiality with regards to information being processed, stored or accessed by the system.
• Designs, develops, tests and evaluates educational courseware for clinical information systems training.
• Develops and authors e-learning and blended learning programs, web-based training and asynchronous learning content.
• Develops instructional material; coordinates, writes, and edits educational content; and incorporates current technology for educators developing specific curricula. – less
Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 9, 2014
The work here was brief and so I cannot write a through review of the institution.
well traveled, skilled and educated person to work with
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandApril 9, 2014
Pros: traveling to international countries (conference)
Cons: we have a small department and you will be helping in other areas
a typical work day is processing reimbursements, allocating p-card expenses, creating budgets for workshops, seminars or conferences.
i have learned about different cultures and there working techniques. I have learned how to project, forecast and do a quarterly report for the directors of a project.
My coworkers are very knowledgable with the projects – more... and has helped me become familar with each partners style of working.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having ownership of my projects. – less
Teach others and learn from others as well
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2014
The professor is really responsible and the majority of the students are diligent. The students may have very different backgrounds in mathematics and there should be more individual conversations between students and professors.
Very good atmosphere
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2014
I really like working in the office that I am in at JHU. It's very flexible and we are like a family.
educational and productive
Senior Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), baltimore,marylandMarch 28, 2014
As a PSC,I enjoyed working with the patients and learning.My co-workers and management were both helpful,fun,and committed to helping me grow as a team player.
Good organization with great benefits package
School Transformation Facilitator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 20, 2014
Great workplace with exceptionally well benefits packages, but not a stable environment from school year to the next as a non-profit organization.
Learning from the Best
Consult Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2014
Pros: working around greatness
Cons: no growth
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping cancer strickened patients obtain second opinion.
excellent research environment
Instructor - Department of Biological Chemistry (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 11, 2014
One of the best institutes in biomedical research.
Best medical school and graduate programs.
Lots of world leading scientists.
Top research institution.
Senior Research Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 6, 2014
The staff, both academic and professional, are among the best in their field. Johns Hopkins University continues to excel in all areas of research.
Enjoyable
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 5, 2014
Pleasant.
Dealing with multiple personalities.
Management was great.
Coworkers were friendly and helpful.
Small Company
Course Assistant - Algorithms I (Current Employee), Computer Science DepartmentFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: huge learning curve
Cons: needs stability
Great culture friendly team mates and a great team lead. I would recommend other new grads to join the company
great work place
Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: there was no cons
we sorted the mail and then we would deliver it to the hospital twice a day
Outstanding Biomedical Research Institute and Hospital
Sr. Research Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: good for learning and experience gathering
Cons: apply gathered knowledge, skills, ability to somewhere else where i can grow more.
Johns Hopkins is a fantastic Biomedical Research Institute and best hospital for patient care. Every morning I did enjoy going to work there and great work atmosphere. People I worked with are top notch what they do and appreciate the skills I developed during my longer period of work there. I learned a lot about different management styles and strategies – more... for maintaining cooperation in a large group project setting. I feel that as valuable as that experience has been. – less
Great place to work, minus the politics.
Preventative Maintenance Contractor (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 17, 2014
Daily routine work orders, scheduled lunches. Got a chance to assist other trade members, which further my knowledge in plumbing, HVAC, including fire sprinkler systems. Management seems a little bias, but staff is great. Great environment, no difficulties with job. Great facility.
Average
Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 12, 2014
My work day consist of answering inbound calls for the Pediatric Neurology department and also coordinating the day-to-day operation of the resident's clinic and their schedules.
Research
Heart Health Research Nurse Consultant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: helping participant reach their goals
Cons: lack of team work and assistance from the team
I would meet with participants of the research study and I would focus on diabetes education, smoking cessation, and hypertension management with participants based on risk factors collected by data collection efforts. I learned a lot as far as methods to assist patients to quit smoking and I also learned how to use motivational interviewing to elicit – more... change in behaviors. I felt that management was not collaborative in their efforts when it came to the ideas I had for the intervention part of the research. I was hired as a consultant and a educator and I am the only nurse on the team; therefore, I would use my clinical knowledge to help with forming the intervention. The hardest part of the job was that I felt by myself most of the time, I am use to a collaborative team effort, no matter the player of the team and it felt like the team was not cohesive. The most enjoyable part was helping the participants improve their health. – less
A great time researching
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 6, 2014
This is a place with great management and co-workers. Outside of that, working in the field was good depending on the weather of the day. Sometimes its very cold and others extremely hot. All in all though, it is still a nice place to be.
Stimulating
J.J. Sylvester Assistant Professor (Former Employee), BaltimoreJanuary 29, 2014
Stimulating research environment. Great salary! Great students!

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins University

Founded in 1876 with a $7 million bequest from its namesake, The Johns Hopkins University established its reputation from the – Read more

Johns Hopkins University Photos