Johns Hopkins University

Johns Hopkins University Employee Reviews

Productive Environment
Clinic Manager - Gastroenterology/Hepatalogy (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 13, 2015
Pros: Ability to serve sick patients
I am honored to be apart of a world renowned organization who service patients in every area of need. I have the pleasure of supporting physicians who have been noted as the best in the country.
Excellent Place to Work
Assistant Custodial Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2015
Pros: People, environment.
Cons: Lack of advancement in my career field.
Great surroundings and the academic atmosphere was inspiring. I learned to deal with difficult situations and resolve them. I liked the professional attitude of the University Staff. Great Experience to have known and worked with people.
Not friendly
One Staff Medical (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2015
Pros: knowledge based
Cons: crime in area
This is not the best environment to work in. People are not friendly. Too much crime in the area. Not enough security to protect your safety. Had to park a mile from my job area.
Very good tuition plan, was allowed to take courses at a discounted rate.
Secretary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2015
Pros: Discounted tuition for some courses, beautiful campus.
Cons: None !
Nothing bad to say. Wish I could have worked there longer than I did. Loved the time I spent working there. The historical buildings are rich with culture and you can almost hear Johns Hopkins himself as you walk through the older parts of the buildings. The best job ever had !
A typical day at work was great working with the patients.
Senior Medical Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 27, 2015
Pros: Helping the customers and benefits
Cons: Not being apprciated
A typical work day required you to be compassionate and patient. I worked as a Sr. Medical Office Coordinator for a Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon. Provided administrative assistance.
Great Learning Instituition
HR Services Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2015
Pros: tuition & holidays
A fast paced environment that provides learning opportunities within your daily routine workload. Supports a diverse employee group composed over 40,000 with guidance and training on various systems, employee, benefits and payroll issues.
JHU is an exemplary employer
Sr. Financial Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 22, 2015
JHU has many opportunities for employees interested in career advancement. Benefits are outstanding; and the HR offices are extremely helpful to assist employees with worklife balance.
N/A
Student Affairs, Office of the Registrar (Current Employee), Baltimore, MdApril 21, 2015
Great place to work in terms of benefits, but limited opportunity for growth. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team environment.
Great Staff at JHU, management leaves something to be desired
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 20, 2015
I learned much during my time at Hopkins, mainly that the people I worked with were amazing and brilliant and very good astute teachers. The other thing that I learned is that management has no desire to support and encourage young investigators and that is very unfortunate.
medical school is very unfair to PhDs
Post-Doc (Current Employee), MDApril 17, 2015
Pros: there are some really great scientists at JHU
Cons: If you are PhD and you want to become an assist professor, you are not allowed to in medical school
If you are a productive PhD and you tell the truth, you will be penalized and punished.
If you are a MD fellow that practically produces zero data in the basic research setting, aka, laboratory and the boss likes you, you get a pass for not being productive and you are compensated.

PhDs are used as cheap labor to develop and produce data, that then MDs will use for their own benefit.
Higher Education environment
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2015
Pros: Experience to observe the diligence of professors and staff of ongoing public heath progress
Cons: Unfortunate budget cuts in staffing of support to receive just compensation
Opportunity to work in the public health education sphere and aspect of continuous research in Third World countries, reassurance that there dedicated individuals with compassion to reach out to those less fortunate than the United States
Ample opportunity to learn
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2015
Being an undergraduate research at Hopkins is rewarding, given you put in enough time. For those of us in the chemBE program, it's hard to find time to set aside to learn outside of the classroom, given our rigorous coursework. However, lab is the perfect place to apply concepts that we learn in class and see how they're being used in the real world.
Interesting and good place to work in Hagerstown.
Data Research Abstractpr (Current Employee), Hagerstown, MDApril 12, 2015
I enjoy reviewing medical records, it is always a learning experience. I have learned alot of computer skills with this job as technology has advanced.
Productive place to work
CPSO (Current Employee), Laurel, MDApril 8, 2015
Great teaming environment. Being a non-profit organization, the engineers are extremely passionate about their work.
Great scientific community
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 1, 2015
Pros: great research facilities
Cons: low interdepartmental collaboration
Good people to work with
Good facilities for research
Great peer group for research and support
Rated #3 in medicine and #1 in public health
Work experience
Consult Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Work hours
Cons: Overtime
A typical day at Johns Hopkins was always an experience. I enjoyed my job experience everyday. I enjoyed my coworkers we had a good work environment we develop a friendship and a bond. The hardest part of my job was making sure that you verified every document you received to make sure that it matches. The enjoyable part of my job was talking with my coworkers are getting to know them a little better.
Interesting project
Master Student (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 25, 2015
I worked as a research assistant at Applied Maths and Statistics Department at Johns Hopkins. The project I worked on was interesting and challenging. Through the project, I gain good knowledge of application of statistical tools in medicare area.
Teamwork, great management, patient concentration
Patient Access Specialist II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2015
Pros: overtime opportunity, free lunches for arriving to work during inclement weather.
Cons: losing overtime if you need to take a pto day.
I enjoyed my time with Johns Hopkins. The focus was concentration on taking care of patients needs. I have never had such a wonderful manager and team. This was an hourly based position. The opportunity for advancement in this type of position was minimal.
Patient care is priority.
Administrative Service Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work is being able to multi task and prioritize your workload. The hardest part of the job is to learn of a patients death. The most enjoyable part is to provide the necessary tools for our providers to improve patient treatment and care.
bigger isn't always better
Development and Alumni Relations (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 18, 2015
Some units are great to work in, others not so much. It really depends on the manager and team members around you. The environment is very corporate.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins University

Founded in 1876 with a $7 million bequest from its namesake, The Johns Hopkins University established its reputation from the – Read more

Johns Hopkins University Salaries

$42,500 per year
Clinical Research Coordinator
$40,000 per year

Johns Hopkins University Photos

Student Ambassadors preparing for an attendance and behavior celebration for the student body.