Johns Hopkins University

Johns Hopkins University Employer Reviews

great
Associate Research Professor (Current Employee), ORNovember 16, 2014
great place to work at !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Academic environment with high conpetition
Senior Research Program Coordinator/Statistician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2014
Pros: healthcare
On the surface a fun place to work, but the environment is unfriendly and the competition is fierce
Program that has a large outreach to the Maryland, Virginia and Pennsylvania area
Odyssey Registrar (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandNovember 9, 2014
Pros: customer service, hands on set-up
Cons: limited web based outlook
* A typical work days includes registering participants for non-credit
liberal arts programs. Customer service is a large part of my job
also.
* This job has taught me that life not only continues when you
retire, but you actually thrive and take more opportunities to learn
for personal enrichment.
* I am responsible for student workers who assist Instructors – more... with
classroom and one-on-one setup.
* This organization has a small staff, but we are all very hands
on with production of creating a successful work environment.
* The most challenging part of my job is assisting potential students
who may not have the income to afford program costs and trying
to work with them, so that they are able to enroll in classes.
* The most rewarding part of my job, is when students comment on
their experience with this program. I feel I am the first contact with
students and I have an influence for either a positive or negative
outcome. – less
I love my Job!
Appeals / Health Benefits & Claims Analyst I (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDNovember 3, 2014
Johns Hopkins has allowed me to grow in many ways... I am very thankful!!
Program Assistant
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2014
Academically, as an active researcher on the project “Prepayment Rate and the Planned Amortization Class (PAC) Model” in the spring 2014, I have enhanced my knowledge of financial engineering, Monte Carlo Simulation and statistical prediction. As a financial planning analyst, I would be able to effectively deal with multi-tasking.
terrible
Postdoctoral fellow, Department of Neurology (Former Employee), baltimroe, mdOctober 14, 2014
some smart ppl

terrible bosses

some smart ppl
terrible bosses
large workload but great experience
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 10, 2014
The workload can be challenging at times, but the end product is worth the struggle.
Wonderful group to work with
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandOctober 9, 2014
Pros: keeping up to date with cutting edge technology
Cons: benefits lessened
First thing in the morning was to answer any messages that were left overnight and make sure servers were up and running.
Review workload and prepare to go out in the field to help everyone on my job list with whatever the needs were.
Answer phones and be ready for emergency support.
Very good place for good and quality research
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 9, 2014
Some very good working experience and collaborations.
Learned a lot. Although working hard was part of the research life but it was enjoyable.
Conducive working environment
Sr. IT Officer / Network Administrator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 6, 2014
My typical work include but were not limited to installation, configuration, design, implementation, upgrades, and troubleshooting of various enterprise technologies located within a complex LAN/WAN infrastructure
World famouse university
Research Technologist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 6, 2014
Cons: no holidays and weekends
My typical day at work starts around 9 am. Usually it's very busy. As research technologist i'm responsible for many things. Basically i'm caretaker with my own research projects. My lab is not that big, but we work really hard, that's why we almost always run out of some supplies. So I have to monitor inventory every other day. If you have 20 boxes – more... and no room for it I definitely can do something. I communicate with sale persons and maintain order in the lab space. One of my duties is preparation of culture mediums and feeder cells for all members of my lab. After I'm done with lab stuff i do my own experiments. For last year i was doing screening of compounds library. As result of this screening we identified small molecules which induce direct conversion of fibroblast to neural crest stem cells. In the same time I made several reporter lines based on iPSc lines using CRISPR system. also once per couple month i hold a presentation on lab meeting.
I really do enjoy and appreciate my work in Johns Hopkins University. I have learnt a lot about high impact scintific work from cell culture to collect data for publishing. – less
Great Organization
Financial Aid Administrator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 5, 2014
Puts a strong emphasis on work/life balance; the management quality depends on department.
great college great students great place to work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), District of Columbia, DCOctober 3, 2014
I am so glad to work at Johns Hopkins University as an teaching assistant. i was an TA for an accounting class. it was fun to work there.
nice experience in teaching students
Course Assistant for Database (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 30, 2014
It was good working with the professor and students. The job was pretty cool. We had always fun time.
Great Place for graduates students
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), BaltimoreSeptember 28, 2014
Great Place for freshers.
Good Benefits.
Good Working enviornment
Experienced Health Care Office Coordinator
Neurology Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 26, 2014
I've been working in the healthcare industry over 9 years. I enjoy interacting with patients and providers. I like to put a smile on people face. I've had great co-workers along the way and have work with-in multiple specialties.
Awesome place to work
Lead Senior Research Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 23, 2014
Cons: winter!
Physicians always willing to teach. Staff eager to learn. Management was open to new ideas. Would recommend to anyone fortunate enough to obtain a position.
Great growth and learning expierence
HR/Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee), Biochemistry & Molecular BiologySeptember 22, 2014
A typical started early, which I loved meeting with students and faculty discussing benefits payroll or maybe just how classes were going.I learned many things at Hopkins University while working there such as the vast computer systems,the research that my department contribute to the University as well as the Hospital. There are many dedicated people – more... that work there looking for ways to cure many life threatening deceases. It is truly an amazing group of hard working intelligent people. .
My co-workers were great also dedicated. Team work always came into play as well as relying on each other to do our part to make the department run smoothly.
The hardest part was leaving and the most enjoyable was watching students reach their full potential and graduating. – less
Productive and such a great learning experience.
Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: connections we gain with our patients.
Cons: none that i can think of.
On a day to day basis I check in and check out patients, faxing and scanning procedure orders along with other medical documents. I've learned that the patients we come in contact with are all going through something and its our job to make their day a better day when they walk into our Cardiology clinic so we will do anything in our power to satisfy – more... them. My co-workers are everything to me, very supportive and caring. The hardest part of my job is when we find out we've lost a patient. The most enjoyable part of seeing our patients leave with a smile on their faces. – less
Flexible work environment
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2014
Room for advancement within Department is none. Seeking an effective and caring mentor or PI difficult. Before joining a lab always ensure that the mentor has a lengthy record training local scientist.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins University

Founded in 1876 with a $7 million bequest from its namesake, The Johns Hopkins University established its reputation from the – Read more

Johns Hopkins University Photos