Johns Hopkins University

Johns Hopkins University Employer Reviews

Nice Doctors Unprofessional Staff
Medical Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Lutherville, MDMarch 1, 2015
Pros: nice location
Cons: unprofesstional staff
Doctors were nice very easy to work with. Management Staff very unprofessional . They make it impossible for you to transfer or relocate to different position. John Hopkins University does a poor job of controlling half skilled supervisors on how to conduct interviews. A lot of unprofessional employees at Infectious Disease Office in Greenspring Station. They change Medical Assistants daily. Tells you something is not done right. Overall Doctors are great. The Study Group there is awesome Team of People. T
Great learning
Research Technologist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 27, 2015
Entry level position in a lab. Learned great biology lab fundamentals and was able to transition skills learned to later employment. Easy access to state of the art technology and equipment.
Benefits are great.
Senior Medical Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: location
JHU is a great place to work. They offer plenty of opportunity for advancement and growth. You have the freedom to participate in numerous educational programs, both on-line and in a classroom setting. They provide you with multiple benefits, life enhancement resources, and a diverse work environment.
Challenging and a lot opportunities
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 18, 2015
Challenging and a lot opportunities:

Some very good working experience and collaborations.

Learned a lot. You need working hard!
family considerate
Billing/finance coordinator (Current Employee), Lutherville, MDFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: compensation
 Responsible for both internal/external agency billing Johns Hopkins Health System and Johns Hopkins University Department and affiliates.
 Prepare billing reports each week including reports for the various departments.
 Audit payroll prior to submission
 Responsible for all accounts receivable and accounts payable.
 Prepare spreadsheet of all invoices for finance.
 Verify/confirm with supervisors/managers any timesheets not scheduled through the Intrastaff staffing coordinators.
 Process month end financial reports.
 Process Payroll through ADP as needed.
Productive and professional evironment.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Johns Hopkins Homewood Campus Charles StFebruary 16, 2015
A typical professional friendly work place. We efficiently communicate to each other to make for an easier work day. We trust each other to do our own part to make the team a spectacular force. And we provide assistance to the our teammates when necessary.
JHU/APL was the most interesting and enjoyable job I've ever had.
Senior Secretary (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: got to do things many people never dream of.
Cons: none come to mind except the fact they had to down size during difficult times.
The Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory was an excellent company to work for. I learned a lot of new skills and enjoyed working as a team to prepare for new programs such as the space launches in Cape Canaveral, FL. I was always treated well and felt totally respected at all times. The managers genuinely cared about you as a person whether it was work related or personal. They always had an open door policy and you felt comfortable going to their office and talking to them. The co-workers were always friendly and ready to jump in and help if need be.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to go to Florida to set up office and watch our spacecraft everyone worked so hard on launched into space. The job was very rewarding.
My favorite university
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: nice people, and good public transportion
Cons: bad neighorhood
Everything about medical, biology and healthcare here is amazing! The professors and classmates are so nice and helpful. I had learned a lot of fundamentals about materials when I was undergraduate, but now I focus more on polymers and biomaterials. I design and synthesis polymers to fulfill my PI's requirement. I'm trying my best to learn more about biomedic, but at the same time I am learning 3D printing myself. So multitasking and time-management are challenge here I need to overcome. I'm really into the moment when I came into an idea which fulfill all my PI's requirements though the easiest and most convenient solutions.
Graduate Studies
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: phd program for engineers is excellent
Cons: city life isn't my thing, so location was not ideal
Had a great time at Hopkins while earning my Ph.D. Stipend was good, research labs were good and they have improved those immensely since I left almost 15 years ago.
Exciting environment, never a dull moment, outstanding colleagues!
Special Assistant to the Vice President (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: n/a
Provided direct, highly visible administrative support. Collaborated with staff to ensure Johns Hopkins’ senior leadership members were prepared for engagements. Triaged incoming inquires. Laid the foundation for special events and secured logistics.
Caring for the patients and staff
MEDICAL RECORDS RESEARCHER (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: willing to hear new ideas
Cons: tough on following regulations
Provided case management on Mobile Treatment Team (PACT in Maryland) to individuals in community, for chronic mental illness, substance abuse and legal issues. Supported rep-payee services, vocational rehabilitation, medication maintenance and crisis intervention. Assisted with medical services and independent living skills.
Good University
Research and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Good university and researching environment. People here are really nice and supportive. Enjoy teaching and being a researcher here.
Professional and busy. Worked with some very good people.
support staff temp (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2015
Days mainly involved a large amount of phone and electronic communication, plus student and professional interaction. I learned how to deal with insurance companies and their requirements; not something I would want to do full time. Following a change in chairmanship, I found management and their direction unsatisfactory.
I interacted with some wonderful coworkers; some not, but the majority were very cooperative. The hardest part of the job to me was the direction taken after the change of leadership, limiting access to both needed information and answers inorder to do the job competently. I found expediting needed information for patients and staff alike satisfying along with tying loose ends together for a smoother flow versus transfers to another person.
Great Experience
Researcher (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 25, 2015
I worked here for the summer. The professors were nice and the graduate students were amazing. I learned a great deal and will never forget my time spent here.
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: opportunities; tuition assistance
Cons: parking very expensive; crime on and around campus
JH is so massive it is a difficult place to learn to navigate. Because most departments have their own way of operating, it is difficult working on system-wide initiatives. As with any mega institution, it has a lot of opportunities to move within the system.
Very prestigious institution
Emergency Management Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: very intelligent learning environment
Cons: in-doors all day.
A typical day could be performing a hospital GAP analysis
on the Emergency Management Program, or communicating with the Maryland Department of Mental Health and Hygiene. Or Organizing full-scale, partial or table top emergency drills or fire evacuation scenarios with hospital staff members and the county fire and rescue personnel.
Great place to get training
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 13, 2015
A great place to receive doctoral training. People are friendly and genuine and always willing to help!
Highly Motivated
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: flexibilty, great co-workers
Cons: commute
Organized tasks, desk and mind at all times.
Detailed orientated,
Learned that you must pace yourself as to importance.
Proven can work under pressure.
Hardest part of job would be slow responses from my emails with the information needed.
The most enjoyable part is the fact that I am number driven and push myself to collect a greater amount each month.
Good
Faculty-Research Associate, Cardiology (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2015
I do research, write grants, go to lectures.
Good environment to create collaborations. The work place varies depending on the people.
Advancement is very difficult.
Benefits for faculty are good. Salary not so good.
Inspiring place to work.
Research Technologist (Current Employee), Pediatric ImmunologyJanuary 5, 2015
Nice place to start off after graduating college. Gain experience and explore possible other career paths.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johns Hopkins University

Founded in 1876 with a $7 million bequest from its namesake, The Johns Hopkins University established its reputation from the – Read more

Johns Hopkins University Photos