Johns Hopkins Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Improvement Analyst (Current Employee), Johns HopkinsAugust 26, 2015
Strong sense of community and a real feeling the people you work with are there to help you and enjoy their work. Overall a great place.
just a brand
Environmental care associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 26, 2015
A typical day at hopkins is like being on a planation you work really hard for little pay no recogition for the work you do. Theres alot of work and hardly any employees so they expect the employees they have to work twice as hard. if you work in evc it's very hard for you to move up due to the prejidice there is in Johns Hopkins. Managment is the worse there is not structure and everyone wants to do what they want they do not look after the employees. The only enjoyable thing about this job is our lunch break and clocking out and leaving for the day.
Great Place
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Discounts Retail Stores, Flexible hours
Cons: Higher insurance cost
Great Place to work, I have been working for JH since 2012 and it is great place to work. Managers are very helpful and have a good team of educated and friendly workers.
Great Learning Experience
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2015
Pros: healthcare, benefits
Cons: short breaks, sick days and vacation days are not seperate
Constantly learning new things and took advantage of the free learning classes! Had a great time working for Hopkins and will continue to grow and take with me what I learned, Also inspired my career change to become an OT.
cashier
Patient access specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore mdMay 1, 2015
I had the best experience working with Island image cafe, It was awesome learning the different cultures that came in to order meals.
Internship
Johns Hopkins Hospital Internship (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 26, 2015
I worked there for the summer and was around many sick and injured patients. It was not the job for me but I did what I had to do. Nursing is not the field for me which is why I believe it did not work for me.
n/a
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Odenton, MDMarch 11, 2015
Good place to work. Benefits are good. Management was okay. My most enjoyable part of my job was the patient care / patient interaction. Miss the doctors, they were great.
Excellent benefits and room for advancement
Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Baltimore, MarylandMarch 4, 2015
Staff is great to work with and very knowledgeable. Management is okay. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help resolve a situation that needs immediate attention.
Great work
Insurance Specialist/BOC (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 6, 2014
Pros: beefits
Cons: pay is too low
Payment posting, charge entry, and processing claims. Loved my work but my boss liked to micro-manage.
Wonderful Place
RN (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great staff to patient ratio
Cons: cannot start iv
This place loves their nurses. Every floor I worked on treated their nurses well. The patient to staff ratio was wonderful and I wish more places would pick up on this. I learned so much that I cannot list it all. Management was terrific! Nurses were terrific!. the only con is you do not start your own IV's but have to draw your own labs. Weird, I did not like having to wait for an IV team to come start my IV's. Other than that I loved the hospital. But lets face it, it is Johns Hopkins.
Opportunity to Expand Skill Set
RN (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 28, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: scheduling and wages
Johns Hopkins serves high acuity patients and offers nurses opportunities to expand their clinical expertise.
Strict and unfair
Security Officer (Current Employee), Baltimore MDSeptember 18, 2014
Not a good place to grow. No respect for security, no standing up for yourself. Everyday you wonder if youre going to keep your job always making new rules
Outstanding Medical Center. Johns Hopkins
Resident-chidf resident-instructor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2014
Pros: thee leading urological institute in the country perhaps in the world.
Cons: low salary
Top level Urological Institute - Brady Urological - especially for
training - Resident-Chief resident and an Instructor.- Johns Hopkins
A formative educational experience and foundation!
Student Coordinator (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2014
Johns Hopkins SAIS is a wonderful program. The students are dedicated and the faculty is world-class.
Enriching work environmnet
Clinical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Baltimore MDJune 23, 2014
I work on a surgical recovery unit. I enjoy helping the patients and the family members during this diffucult time. Like all jobs there are issues and politics to contend wiht but truly on our floor nothing come before helping the patients. The WICU is a great staff of nurses, techs and support staff all working together to make the unit achieve excellent customer service.
Not bad, but needs help
Broadway Service (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 1, 2014
not very caring to employees needs, i have no write ups but still seem to get the bad end of the stick
Fun place to work, very easy going nature
Research Coordinator Johns Hopkins (Former Employee), Bayview HospitalApril 16, 2014
Typical day was very stress free. I was trained in many aspects of research and interviewing people.
Great place to work you learn something new everyday.
Clinical Coordinator/Surgical Scheduler (Current Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: we do get free lunch from the drug reps.
My typical day at work will be scheduling surgeries for paitients and getting the authorization for thier out patient procedures. You learn al little bit everyday about insurances what is required and what they will and will not pay for. Well I call my co-workers a team when someone is out everyone helps each other out to make the work day run smooth with no problems and no one minds pitching in. The hardest part of my job is nothing and the most enjoyable part of my job is when a patient comes back in the office and tells you what a good job you did in getting the surgery scheduled in a quick and timely manner, and how much compassion that I had for them whan explaining the surgical procedure.
Depends on your Division
Sr. SAS Programmer (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 8, 2013
Pros: fring benefits: free flu shot, free technical training etc
Cons: salary is below average.
So a Basic data manager
I create tables, and listings
Produce QA\QC Checks

Management: Differs greatly depending on your division.
Good Company, Good People, Nice Campus
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2013
Johns Hopkins is both a university and a hospital, both world-class.

It has a number of very nice campuses. The one I worked in was on a hill surrounded by trees and well kept lawns.

My coworkers were bright, hardworking, mostly men in their 30s with children.

The work and the pace of work was challenging and interesting.