Johns Manville Employee Reviews

salary was amazing
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PADecember 11, 2016
The company itself isn't bad. Their policies however are horrible. Being pregnant and having no choice but to either come late to work or leave for baby appointments and getting pointed for them is not fair. When you work a certain shift, doctors are not going to stay open to convienence you. Doesnt work like that. I was let go because of reaching 10 occurrences. When i had no choice but to make sure the life growing inside of me was healthy.
Manufacturing a great product; insulation.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterville, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Hard working employees who enjoy having fun while working and creating a quality product.

During this assignment I learned more about glass making and how the machines function to make fine strands of glass to create insulation.
Pros
Great people to work for with excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
Temporary assignment completed.
Very Clicky
Shipping / Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Milan, OHFebruary 2, 2017
This company is very biased toward college educated people and high school educated people.
If you don't have a college education when hired, you won't go very far because you will be discriminated against by upper management.
Pros
Good 401K
Cons
They choose college idiots over common sense high school educated employees
Poor Management and Union
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waterville, OHOctober 17, 2016
This particular facility has major management and union problems that has created a culture that will continue to be extremely difficult to improve. JM has an extremely diverse workforce, but unfortunately this has allowed academically challenged individuals to reach management levels. Overall, JM is a good company, but I don't recommend this plant.
Pros
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Cons
Difficult Workforce
Really enjoyed my job
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 6, 2016
Loved the people I worked with and how they worked together. Company's ethic and integrity policies are part of the company culture which makes the work environment better.
Not a lot of upward potential for people with my skills but I loved my work, the ability to help others and develop tools to help them do their jobs better.
Individually, results and internal customer satisfaction seem to be less important than my manager's perception of my actual work. It didn't help that my manager did not really understand the business requirements or what my job entailed.
Pros
The quality of people I worked with, Corp had the ability to work remote when snowed in
Cons
knowledge transfer talked about a lot but doesn't happen consistently, ability to work remote dependent on individual manager not standard policy in dept
wonderful company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2016
Happy employees who are happy to be at work. JM family because we work long hours and we spent more time at work than at home. I've learn that being safe is the most important thing in your everyday life.Always treat new employees with respect because he or she could be your new boss.Hardest thing about the job is taking off work to go on a field trip with your kids at the last minute.The system calls for everyone to be at a station to relieve the person so that in 12 hours they will come back and relieve you.The most enjoyable thing is all the awards for being the best of all the plants with safety,customer service,and most worked hours with no accidents.
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXDecember 26, 2016
Its a pretty good company with good benefits management treats there employees with respect and equally. This company is all about safety and safety comes first. Lock out tag out is required and its real important to know how use lock out tag out when necessary
Worked there 25 years.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterville, OHFebruary 15, 2017
My resume completely covers my time at Johns Manville. Working with fiber glass wasn't the best environment and the shifts were 7 days straight but paid well.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Management, working with fiber glass, 7 day work schedule
Under new management
Maintenance Tech. Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Bremen, INJanuary 10, 2017
Great people. Still not sure about the new management. The job security is here and we have an excellent safety record of 19 years and counting. The pay is competitive.
Pros
Family enviroment, the people care about one another.
Good Company
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Bremen, INDecember 5, 2016
Every day is a different day nothing never the same for the most part.
I learned that I should never be afraid to ask for help.
My boss's where great to work with and all ways have your back.
Short orders.
Working with a good staff.

Want to know more about Johns Manville?

Ask a question
fiberglass factory
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Waterville, OHOctober 17, 2016
The work schedule is seven days on two off. Salary does not match work hours. Poor management. My job personally is not hard just a lot of walking which I don't mind. Some co-workers lazy.
Cons
7 days on two days off, working every weekend
Excellent place to work!
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 10, 2017
Good environment. Good benefits, very safe work place. Good mechanical and electrical skills are required. Very enjoyable atmosphere and very busy, makes the day go by quick.
Hot and Cold
fast thinker and problem solver (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXDecember 5, 2016
The company makes insulation for warehouses, but the warehouse you work in is not insulated. So the summers are very hot and extra cold winters. the insulation can cause skin problems
Progressive company that cares about its people
Director of Environmental Programs (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 7, 2016
Johns Manville is an excellent employer; the compensation and benefits are good and the culture of the company is excellent. Management has always supported EH&S 100%. I have been very fortunate in that I have always worked with great people in a great environment. I would recommend Johns Manville to anyone.
Pros
Benifits and compensation.
Cons
Quite a bit of travel is required > 70%
Overall good place to work and i enjoyed my time there
Line driver/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJuly 5, 2016
A very delightful place in which to work, I worked in the warehouse surrounded by good Co-Workers, A day at work consisted of placing the finished product in the pre-determined location, loading and unloading of trucks in the warehouse also keeping up with the inventory. The part of the job that was the hardest was finding space for the new product in the warehouse the reason being the line would steady be running while you yourself had to create the space as well as continue retrieving product. When I started training newcomers that was very satisfying and easily the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Overtime, Healthcare and Breaks.
Cons
The way things were done at times
co-workers easy to get along with and management also
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 5, 2017
worked night shift, all co-worked help each other to run and maintain equipment. Job not difficult and did not require much supervision.
Great Place to work.
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etowah, TNFebruary 6, 2017
People and management work well and conducts maintenance in the correct manner to keep the plant operational. Pay is below normal.
good people
Temp (Former Employee) –  Milan, OHJanuary 3, 2017
was a good place to work with good people there and everyone for the most part was very friendly and willing to help you learn the job you were assigned to
Great place to work with great people!
Temp Payroll Employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2016
I was a Temp worker filling in for an employee out on Maternity Leave. I let them know that I would be interested in a permanent job there if one became available. The work load was manageable and there wasn't really a "hard" part of the job. The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere in the office and all of the employees I met.
Pros
Everyone was friendly, the manager was very helpful as well as the employee that trained me.
Cons
I did not experience and cons.
If you had a family would miss time during holidays because of work schedule.
General Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, IN 47374September 22, 2016
You would miss out on things because of work schedule. The pay is decent. Employees would be nice. Have good days and bad days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Manville. Our community is ready to answer.