Johns Manville Employee Reviews

Great Union Job, Demanding Schedule
Machine Chief/ Machine Attendant (Current Employee) –  Waterville, OHNovember 16, 2017
Best plant I've ever worked in. Very good benefits and pay is very good. Great training. Safety oriented. Fiberglass takes a little getting used to but not that bad. Schedule is a little rough. 7 days on 2 off. If you end up on the swing shift you change shifts every 2 days. 1 weekend off per month. Unless you have seniority for day shift, expect to work every holiday (double time in a half). Over time always available, very rarely may have a 2 hr forced overtime if no one takes it. Love it here but the hours make it tough some days.
Pros
Union Benifits
Cons
Schedule
JM Milan
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Milan, OHNovember 9, 2017
ok. I guess. a lot of change in a short amount of time. Kinda shows favoritism towards certain people. Nice people, small town personality. Needs more structure at this time. and less nicpicking
Great culture
Sales & Use Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 3, 2017
Enjoyed working here. Varying management depending on what department you are located in. Benefits are amazing. They offered a gym at not cost and were very concerned with their employees happiness.
nice people
Desktop Support Tech (Current Employee) –  WHQNovember 2, 2017
I have been here for 1 year and I would love to be perm but have not made me perm yet that is why I am looking to move on. I need vacation and sick time
Pros
graet people
Cons
keeping me as a temp
Working at JM....
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterville, OHNovember 2, 2017
The Waterville Complex is sound. Its not as simple as one process line or one product line. At both facilities, there are several businesses that are served with numerous product types. The great thing about Waterville is that there are some products that are only produced by Johns Manville and only in Waterville OH. With saying that, there can be very old processes, but there are also brand new processes/equipment. JM continues to invest in Waterville, which goes to the hard work and dedication of its employees.
Ok but forget home
Production Operator 5 (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 14, 2017
12 hour shift 3 on 2 off every other week en off. pay is ok just the management is back and forth on this. Hard to get new people on because of this.
Excellent work environment, including management and opportunities
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Willows, CAOctober 13, 2017
Excellent place to work and superior training allowing us to effectively and efficiently calibrate the machines so that 90% of the work was accomplished by only having to monitor the machines.
Big and Slow...
Global Director of IT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2017
A large old company that can't make a decision or execute quickly on anything. Highly risk adverse to the point of frozen in the 90's. Mangers are not encouraged to take risks or operate independently. Every decision is taken collaboratively, or not at all. No synergy at the "C" level. Individual agendas abound. The team is 8-5. Working beyond that is not normal
Plant closure
Shift Electrician (Former Employee) –  Penbryn, NJOctober 3, 2017
Plant closed due to economy. If not I would still be working here if at all possible. personnel turn over was nil. Pay and benefits made the hard work worth the effort. The crew worked as one and many were more than just co-workers they were close friends.
Fast paced yet relaxed. Good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Etowah, TNOctober 1, 2017
If you don’t mind the fiberglass really good place to work. Unfortunately the fiber glass kept getting home and bothered my child so I had to seek other employment. They offer showers and locker rooms to help reduce the fiberglass
Pros
Pay and time off
Cons
Fiberglass
managment is horrible
Assistant Lead Utility (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 29, 2017
johns Manville as a company is ok but the management is horrible they say one thing and do another when they promote you they don't pay you all your money until you threaten to sue them if asupervisor is in the wrong they always take their side hr is horrible all in all if your just looking for a place to work and don't mind being abused it is the the place for you if you your not don't waste you time
Pros
money per hour
Cons
supervisors upper management
i liked working at johns manville
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 19, 2017
working at johns manville was a good experience for me i liked so much i worked overtime a lot and enjoyed working with my co-workers. i would work for johns manville again if i had the opportunity.
not a very good environment
QC Tech (Current Employee) –  Etowah, TNSeptember 14, 2017
Management inside the plant is not very good, although the plant manager is great and does everything she can for the employees. The supervisors and managers inside the plant have very little people skills.
People are interesting
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 11, 2017
You work with a whole lot of diverse culture, the work is not hard, in general pretty laid back as long as you are doing your job. Overall a pretty decent place to work.
Pros
good hours
Cons
insulation
productive, good learning environment
Document Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 28, 2017
This is a good corporation to work for. They teach you want you are supposed to do. They train you. They review your work. They give you constructive feedback on your work.

They quality check all of their work.
Pros
good staff and employees
Cons
noe
Production Floor Review
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVAugust 18, 2017
JohnsManville is a Very slow paced job in some areas, tends to get real face paced at times especially when hand setting feet or not having enough material to work with. Ever since I've been employed there JohnsManville has ALWAYS been understaffed, usually about about 5-6 people per shift. Their is about 5 positions on the production floor and one stupidvisor. Each come with a nice little raise. Times get rough when people take vacation on the production floor, like i said always understaffed so people would have to be filling in for the positions and basically working two jobs. Extremely dirty and harsh environment especially if you have never worked around insulation. No windows in the facility.

Hours always ranged, when I first started I was told I would only be working 4-10hr days. Monday-Thursday. Slowly they started making changes to 4-12hr days which was fine, then they went into 5-12hr days, which in my case was nice to see the fat checks but I had absolutely no time to see my family, so don't expect to be making any doctors appointments, kids sports, management will not work around your schedule. Sure people in the front offices always arrived at 7am and left by 430-5PM but the production floor, as I was leaving the company, were working from 7AM to 7PM. Lunches were paid only because its a working lunch.

Honestly I would never recommend this job for a person who enjoys doing stuff in life and loves to be around their family. If your single, I probably still wouldn't recommend this job for you. Money is great but having a life is better.

P.S. I worked
  more... mornings. The supervisor on that shift is not very easy or pleasant to work with, I recommend working with the night supervisor, really awesome person.

P.S.S. I always hated going into to work, I am 100% happy that I left JohnsManville when I did.
Stressful
Process Engineer and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXAugust 17, 2017
The plant is struggling with its safety culture. This makes working at the site very stressful if you have any position that could have a positive impact on safety.
Johns Manville was stellar from top to bottom!
Controller/Senior Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 15, 2017
I loved everyone that I worked with at Johns Manville. The benefits were unbeatable, the location is amazing. I was able to go running and workout within the facility. Procedures were well documented and work was challenging but not overly so that it was stressful.
Pros
Amazing Location, Amazing Benefits, Fun Company to work for
Cons
Traffic getting to work and paying to park
Institutional mindset
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Willows, CAAugust 8, 2017
Worked here for a couple years, pay is above average for this area... bonus every year depending on outcome of the certified incentive program, they preach safety till you are black and blue but completely undermine that by their ridiculous work schedule, rotation of 12 hour shifts days and night, mandatory overtime so you never really know if you have a day off or not, old timers think they run the place and have that mind set of people who have been in prison for many years... I would not recommend this job to anyone...they destroy families by their work schedules and unrealistic goals..
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
No days off, rotation of 12 hours, phony safety program
Great advancement opportunity and great pay
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXAugust 8, 2017
The workplace is awesome and is only place that offers union the jobs at Manville are great and pay is great and training is offered for any and every position.
Pros
Advancements offered weekly
Cons
Not many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johns Manville. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9