Johns Manville

Johns Manville Employee Reviews

Management has no clue what is going on
Fork Truck Operator, Machine Operator (Former Employee), Defiance OHApril 15, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: constant schedule changes, training is lacking making for unsafe work environment
They do not care about the employees at all and the union has gone down hill real fast. They do not have a good training program you are pretty much just thrown to the wolves and when something happens it is your fault that you didn't do it right not their fault that they didn't tech you right.
there is always something new to learn
Production attendent (Current Employee), Etowah, TNFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: always learning
Cons: swing shift
Right now im in the fiberforming room i use air and water to work with.The glass flowing from the bushings is 2000 plus degrees there is 4800 strans coming out i have togather them and put them in a chopper which makes fiber it is a good job im always learning something new i work 56 bushings each shift
well paid job
inspsctor packer-material handler (Former Employee), Cleburne, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: schedule days off
Cons: 12 hour shifts
depending on the area assigned to work , find out what type of insulation to be ran , get any supplies needed to measure , label, and package of the product ,team work was very important that way we ensured the line would keep running, although standing for long periods of time was probably the hardest part of this job, I enjoyed working with some of my team members , we seemed to have the same goals as far as production goes, eventhough we worked 12 hour shifts , I really like the fact that we had one week off every month ,
Simple work, Bad management and atmosphere
Material handler (Former Employee), Scottsboro, A.L.January 6, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: negative atmosphere
Is the place where you will find a simple job well paid but with a very negative atmosphere. The management of the plant is always looking to blame the production workers for there lack of attention to problems and mechanical problems.
Over look the employees
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Milan OhioDecember 15, 2014
Pros: alot of nice people work there, but there is a few that do not know how to treat employees
Cons: watch your back
Learn a lot from them RCCA, 5 Whys
Employees bend over backwards for them and the acting plant manger really does not care. You come in early and you must leave early no OT.
JM
Employee (Current Employee), Cleburne, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: short breaks
Great pay, rough hours, itchy environment, great benefits.
horrible schedule
Glass Servicer/machine tender (Current Employee), Defiance, OHSeptember 12, 2014
The work itself is easy. Great pay, excellent people to work with. however there is a huge disconnect between the employees and management. Their rotating schedule of 6 on 2 days off is horrible. I work second shift. with three young children, they could care less for doctors appointments, soccer games etc.
Johns manville
WEAVER/WARP CREW (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALSeptember 12, 2014
work there when the doors opened until the doors closed. they let us all off and advised that they were not going to be located here any more.
Challenging but friendly work environment
AutoCAD Design Intern (Former Employee), South Gate, CAJuly 13, 2014
My supervisors were extremely welcoming, supportive and helpful. The internship prepared me for a fast-paced and challenging environment, and I learned how to balance several projects at once. The people at this company are extremely bright and efficient, and a pleasure to work with.
Great People to work with
Pulper Operator (Former Employee), Rockdale, ILJuly 3, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: was an hour away one way .
The hours , and schedule was constant . Pay was great ! ... I enjoyed that you could plan your days off ... Plant was hot in summer and cold in winter.. but company provided you with clothes ,and cold beverages to keep you happy ...
Great People - Poor Management
Transportation Management Specialist (Former Employee), Littleton, COMay 28, 2014
The Company truly believes in putting the customer first which is proven through action and not just words. That was a value I believed in and respected the company for. Management treats their employees like they own them. There is a lack of diversity within the company and its a good ol' boys club. Promotions are given based on who you know and not how well you perform your job.
Good Place to work
QA Tech (Current Employee), Scottsboro, ALMay 21, 2014
Pros: organization helps with career advancement
Cons: individuals attitudes
Work with a team to ensure that the finished product is manufactured according to company specifications.
PRODUCTIVE HELPFUL EMPLOYER
Chemical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Waterville, OHMay 2, 2014
Pros: great work experience
JOHNS MANVILLE IS A FAST TRACK COMPANY IN THE BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY FAMILY. INOVATIVE WORLD CLASS MAKER OFFIBER GLASS PRODUCTS. THE CO-WORKERS ARE VERY KNOWLEDGABLE
good co
Inspector Packer (Former Employee), burleson txApril 21, 2014
good company still trying to get it off the ground last ti heard
not so great
Regional Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), McPherson, KSApril 9, 2014
Not a very progressive company very dirty environment but good learning experience
Good Place to Work
Confidential (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 23, 2014
Pros: stability
Good place to work.
Stable company.
Good compensations and benefits.
Good work/life balance.
Work day
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), McPherson, KSMarch 7, 2014
This job requires you work 12 hour rotating shifts and some hoildays and weekends as well. Great benifits package for all employee's.
Interesting, Professional, good people
Lead Operator/Assistant Operator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: bonuses
I know most of my job but nobody knows everything. Theres always room to learn. Everybody at the job speaks when see one another or carry genuine concern for our teams well being. The hardest part of my job is my assistant because she's new. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I just saved a few lives.
good people to work with
Supervisor - Shipping and Manufacturing Production (Former Employee), Rockdale, ILJanuary 28, 2014
typical work day schedule was 7 AM to 330 PM. I always arrived at
6 AM to open office and plan the activities for the day. The work force was all union and management was not. I also was not union but
I enjoyed and worked well with all the employees. The hardest part of the job was keeping tabs on all the truck drivers and visitors maintaining their safety and compliance to all the plant policies.
productive work place
Production Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Winder, GADecember 19, 2013
loved working for JM. there was a lot of chances to move up in the company

1 2 3

About Johns Manville

Johns Manville (JM), a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial – Read more

Johns Manville Salaries