Johns Manville Employee Reviews in United States

Progressive company that cares about its people
Director of Environmental Programs (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 7, 2016
Johns Manville is an excellent employer; the compensation and benefits are good and the culture of the company is excellent. Management has always supported EH&S 100%. I have been very fortunate in that I have always worked with great people in a great environment. I would recommend Johns Manville to anyone.
Pros
Benifits and compensation.
Cons
Quite a bit of travel is required > 70%
Overall good place to work and i enjoyed my time there
Line driver/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJuly 5, 2016
A very delightful place in which to work, I worked in the warehouse surrounded by good Co-Workers, A day at work consisted of placing the finished product in the pre-determined location, loading and unloading of trucks in the warehouse also keeping up with the inventory. The part of the job that was the hardest was finding space for the new product in the warehouse the reason being the line would steady be running while you yourself had to create the space as well as continue retrieving product. When I started training newcomers that was very satisfying and easily the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Overtime, Healthcare and Breaks.
Cons
The way things were done at times
Great place to work with great people!
Temp Payroll Employee (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2016
I was a Temp worker filling in for an employee out on Maternity Leave. I let them know that I would be interested in a permanent job there if one became available. The work load was manageable and there wasn't really a "hard" part of the job. The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere in the office and all of the employees I met.
Pros
Everyone was friendly, the manager was very helpful as well as the employee that trained me.
Cons
I did not experience and cons.
Great co-workers
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 14, 2016
Johns Manville hires good people, many of which feel like family. Strong, stable company backed by Berkshire Hathaway.
A Secure Place to Work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 20, 2016
A Brookshire-Hathaway Company, there is Job Security here but not any room for advancement. The people here are fine people and make working here much better.
manager; technician
Production Manager, technician (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAFebruary 29, 2016
Moved to Alabama. Do not remember much about the company. Worked night shift. My ability to speak fluent Spanish was an important asset that.
Nice place to work
manufacturing / Process engineer intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2016
I was an engineering intern at JM and I liked it . They treat you like an important asset . The staff was very welcoming and made me feel home . They made me traveled a lot which was cool .
Pros
Nice pay and compensation
Cons
you get boring sometimes . The plants may not be at your favorite location
Johns Manville was disorganized and did not provide adequate training or management support. Excessive overtime was required on a regular basis.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 6, 2016
As a Customer Service Advocate i received orders from roofing contractors in my region. I would enter the order into SAP and build trucks accordingly to fulfill the order. Orders were tracked from shipment to delivery. I was also responsible for any delivery or product issues as they arose. I learned an incredible amount in regard to roofing and transportation. There was not much socializing between co-workers as there was really no time. The most challenging part of this job was transitioning from a Healthcare Information background to a construction transportation position. I enjoyed direct customer contact and thrived on providing solutions to my clients when issues arose.
Pros
Johns Manville provided excellent compensation and benefits.
Cons
The Commercial Roofing Division of Johns Manville was disorganized, had high management turnover. Management was unsupportive and unavailable.
Safety minded company
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 5, 2015
A typical day begins with a safety meeting followed with information on breakdowns and current work orders. I have learned how the equipment is maintained at the facility to include periodic maintenance. The management is at JM is very easy to work with and allows me to perform my task without interruption. Coworkers are always willing to lend a hand if needed. My only disappointment was being offered a position and then to be referred to a temp agency for employment ;~((
Pros
The hours (6:00am - 2:30pm)
Cons
N/A
Could be great
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 14, 2015
Aging management is a problem. A lot of "we've always done it this way." There will be a lot of retirement coming in the next few years and it will be interesting to watch the culture change. It will be for the better, I'm sure.
Pros
Benefits and compensation are very fair and well considered, Corporate-level management is fantastic.
Cons
Middle managers need to go, Too much micro-management, not enough fresh ideas.
Established company
Customer Advocate, March (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 13, 2015
Established company with a footing in the insulation business. Good benefits, decent pay, with a stressful at times work environment due to supply and demand.
Excellent Work Environment.
Utility / Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2015
Growth potential, Management leadership, Employee development, Company moral very high. Safety Awareness, open Door Policy.
Excellent Company
District Manager/National Accounts Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2015
Excellent Company. Advancement opportunities if you're interested. Low turnover with many people that have been with the company for 20+ years. Good benefits as well.
Insulation job, typical manufacturing plant.
Machine Chief (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 20, 2015
Rotating shifts day and night, 12 hour days. No climate control in most work areas. Working with insulation is not for everyone. Good pay room for advancement.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rotating shifts
It's a great job to work at with pay & benefits. People are great to work with
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHSeptember 10, 2015
I really like my job but It's the hours that I don't like. We work a rotating 6/2 schedule. We only get a weekend off every 6 weeks. There is a 1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts. Then they have a 4th shift call swing where that shift works the days off of the other shifts. That is what I'm currently on & it's hard for my family.
Pros
great people
Cons
hours
Good place to work, nice people, good pay
Lab Technician/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 10, 2015
worked in lab running multiple test on product, worked in warehouse loading/unloading freight from trucks. Pay was decent, people were nice and environment was clean.
Maintenance mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Penbryn, NJJuly 22, 2015
performed preventative maintenance on all plant machinery and responded to all breakdowns. Fabricated new parts.
Performed electrical troubleshooting.
Great pay
Machine Operator/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 13, 2015
Making fiber glass controlled water and air pressure. Driving fork lift.
Quality control and engineering is what i learned.
Management was ok.
Co-workers ok.
Nothing hard about the job just a lot of overtime.
The pay was most enjoyable.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
No cons
Great Company - Poor Management
Specifier Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2015
Specifier Services Department is run by very defensive and close minded manager. The company in general is great. New ideas are not very easy to apply or suggest but it is a successful company.
Long time
Plant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Waterville, OHJune 18, 2015
I have not worked at Johns Manville in a very long time. Unfair for me to say anything about the work atmosphere there now. I enjoyed my time there.