Johns Manville Employee Reviews

Johns Manville was disorganized and did not provide adequate training or management support. Excessive overtime was required on a regular basis.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 6, 2016
As a Customer Service Advocate i received orders from roofing contractors in my region. I would enter the order into SAP and build trucks accordingly to fulfill the order. Orders were tracked from shipment to delivery. I was also responsible for any delivery or product issues as they arose. I learned an incredible amount in regard to roofing and transportation. There was not much socializing between co-workers as there was really no time. The most challenging part of this job was transitioning from a Healthcare Information background to a construction transportation position. I enjoyed direct customer contact and thrived on providing solutions to my clients when issues arose.
Pros
Johns Manville provided excellent compensation and benefits.
Cons
The Commercial Roofing Division of Johns Manville was disorganized, had high management turnover. Management was unsupportive and unavailable.
Safety minded company
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 5, 2015
A typical day begins with a safety meeting followed with information on breakdowns and current work orders. I have learned how the equipment is maintained at the facility to include periodic maintenance. The management is at JM is very easy to work with and allows me to perform my task without interruption. Coworkers are always willing to lend a hand if needed. My only disappointment was being offered a position and then to be referred to a temp agency for employment ;~((
Pros
The hours (6:00am - 2:30pm)
Cons
N/A
Could be great
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 14, 2015
Aging management is a problem. A lot of "we've always done it this way." There will be a lot of retirement coming in the next few years and it will be interesting to watch the culture change. It will be for the better, I'm sure.
Pros
Benefits and compensation are very fair and well considered, Corporate-level management is fantastic.
Cons
Middle managers need to go, Too much micro-management, not enough fresh ideas.
Established company
Customer Advocate, March (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 13, 2015
Established company with a footing in the insulation business. Good benefits, decent pay, with a stressful at times work environment due to supply and demand.
Excellent Work Environment.
Utility / Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2015
Growth potential, Management leadership, Employee development, Company moral very high. Safety Awareness, open Door Policy.
Excellent Company
District Manager/National Accounts Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2015
Excellent Company. Advancement opportunities if you're interested. Low turnover with many people that have been with the company for 20+ years. Good benefits as well.
Insulation job, typical manufacturing plant.
Machine Chief (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 20, 2015
Rotating shifts day and night, 12 hour days. No climate control in most work areas. Working with insulation is not for everyone. Good pay room for advancement.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Rotating shifts
It's a great job to work at with pay & benefits. People are great to work with
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHSeptember 10, 2015
I really like my job but It's the hours that I don't like. We work a rotating 6/2 schedule. We only get a weekend off every 6 weeks. There is a 1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts. Then they have a 4th shift call swing where that shift works the days off of the other shifts. That is what I'm currently on & it's hard for my family.
Pros
great people
Cons
hours
Good place to work, nice people, good pay
Lab Technician/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 10, 2015
worked in lab running multiple test on product, worked in warehouse loading/unloading freight from trucks. Pay was decent, people were nice and environment was clean.
Maintenance mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Penbryn, NJJuly 22, 2015
performed preventative maintenance on all plant machinery and responded to all breakdowns. Fabricated new parts.
Performed electrical troubleshooting.
Great pay
Machine Operator/Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 13, 2015
Making fiber glass controlled water and air pressure. Driving fork lift.
Quality control and engineering is what i learned.
Management was ok.
Co-workers ok.
Nothing hard about the job just a lot of overtime.
The pay was most enjoyable.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
No cons
Great Company - Poor Management
Specifier Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 6, 2015
Specifier Services Department is run by very defensive and close minded manager. The company in general is great. New ideas are not very easy to apply or suggest but it is a successful company.
Long time
Plant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Waterville, OHJune 18, 2015
I have not worked at Johns Manville in a very long time. Unfair for me to say anything about the work atmosphere there now. I enjoyed my time there.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  defiance ohioJune 17, 2015
Great company, great enviorment. Fast pace, but there is never any down time and that makes the day go by faster, like to keep moving this is a job for you.
Old school company, people are set in their ways
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McPherson KsJune 5, 2015
Working around insulation can be really irritating to your skin and working a 12 hr swing shift takes some getting used to but the pay was pretty good. Lots of training opportunities and good benefits.
Pros
most of the employees treat each other like family
Cons
one bad manager made it hard on almost everyone
Great place to work with bountiful opportunities to grow within the company.
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MaineMay 26, 2015
encouraged ideas and fostered cohesive teamwork encouragement and empowerment. Strong relationships at all levels of management. Great opportunity for growth, personal and professional.
Productive workplace
Batching Operator (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 5, 2015
Very professional productive work environment a lot of room for growth ,provides great safety awareness with equipment used during shift as well as home situations
Management has no clue what is going on
Fork Truck Operator, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Defiance OHApril 15, 2015
They do not care about the employees at all and the union has gone down hill real fast. They do not have a good training program you are pretty much just thrown to the wolves and when something happens it is your fault that you didn't do it right not their fault that they didn't tech you right.
Pros
great pay
Cons
constant schedule changes, training is lacking making for unsafe work environment
there is always something new to learn
Production attendent (Current Employee) –  Etowah, TNFebruary 17, 2015
Right now im in the fiberforming room i use air and water to work with.The glass flowing from the bushings is 2000 plus degrees there is 4800 strans coming out i have togather them and put them in a chopper which makes fiber it is a good job im always learning something new i work 56 bushings each shift
Pros
always learning
Cons
swing shift
well paid job
inspsctor packer-material handler (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXJanuary 28, 2015
depending on the area assigned to work , find out what type of insulation to be ran , get any supplies needed to measure , label, and package of the product ,team work was very important that way we ensured the line would keep running, although standing for long periods of time was probably the hardest part of this job, I enjoyed working with some of my team members , we seemed to have the same goals as far as production goes, eventhough we worked 12 hour shifts , I really like the fact that we had one week off every month ,
Pros
schedule days off
Cons
12 hour shifts