Johnson & Johnson Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for career growth if you're young and in marketing or finance
Director (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 25, 2016
Great company for the right people. If you're older and/or not in a marketing or finance track, your career growth opportunities are limited at best.
Pros
Strong, financially stable company with no shortage of resources
Cons
Little transparency around career advancement and opportunities
Fun and friendly environment
Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJFebruary 24, 2016
Great company to work for. Advancement opportunities were not easily available or proposed to eligible employees Management was not hands on with teams. Very isolated.
Pros
Benefits were great.
Cons
No advancement opportunity
very good place to work with a ping pong table
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 21, 2016
very comfortable place to work. very easy to work at. as long as you did your job. the scope of the job varied, it could vary from 100 to 300 orders a day
My Day
Financial Analyst Co-op (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJFebruary 20, 2016
A typical day at work required advanced excel skills to facilitate capital appropriation requests and journal entries through SAP Linux software and Ariba to reach mandatory deadlines.
Good company with fairly solid performance
Associate Director, Global Strategic Insights (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJFebruary 19, 2016
Johnson & Johnson is a good company with solid products and intelligent, hard working, skilled employees. Well diversified portfolio across 3 sectors - consumer (OTC), pharma and MD&D.
Pros
Well diversified portfolio, good performance over time
Cons
Career opportunities, market research vision/opps.
good exprience
Biotech Operator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 18, 2016
nice to work, very new project to learn, follow proper practice with GMP AND GLP. nice clean room working environment. proper batch record record maintainance.
Traditional Corporation
Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2016
The hours are ok, the management is ok, and it is a nice place to work. The pay is acceptable but could be more as the job is demanding and there is a lot of working outside of your original scope.
Overall okay, no advancement
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2016
work balance great, no advancement, lay off threat constant, pay is okay,contractors treated bad, no communication to underlings,bad moral, good people trying hard to succeed, no support
Pros
work balance great
Cons
layoffs, no advancement
Excellent comany to work for
Infrastructure Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJFebruary 9, 2016
Excellent company to work for.
Server builds
Project Management
Excellent team to work with
Co-ordination
meet timelines
Great Company, Great Benefits
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 7, 2016
Loved working here as an intern, was hired part-time afterwards. Management recognizes good work, and word gets around about a project that may be done.
An Excellent place to work and to professionally develop.
Executive Assistant / Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gurabo, PRFebruary 7, 2016
It is a company led by a CREDO. Very dynamic. The Leaders have an exceptional sense of management. I enjoy my days giving my best to our customers. My co-workers are very different, but we trust in the Diversity. The company is very committed with the employees. I had the opportunity to develop my professional and personal skills participating in many initiatives and activities.
Pros
One of the Best Companies in PR, offer excellent benefits to the employees
Cons
Maybe, at this moment, the distance from PR to Miami. My family relocated two years ago.
Telecommunications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRFebruary 4, 2016
J&J has a very peaceful atmosphere. I like working there because I'm constantly learning about the industry standards,GMP's, etc. Having worked with so many kinds of individual, and facing so many challenges everyday, has made me a much better professional in my field.

Management is great, I have a very caring boss, that supports me everytime.
Excellent place to work
Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Very professional work environment, company is a great place, very clean. people are courteous and professional. excellent place to work. clean break rooms. learned about the manufacture of contact lens, from the design table to the finished product.
Pros
very good pay, great work ethic, hours, clean, very organized
Cons
night shift
Great benefits
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Monument, COFebruary 2, 2016
The company changed a lot after It was bought out by Johnson and Jonson. Very repetitive day at work. I learned how to run machines though and basic G coding. Co- workers were always one of the best parts, very family like feeling. Hardest part of the job was being very bored. It was nice to help people though.
Benefits
Cons
Salary management
J&J was a great place to work
Supply Chain Co-op (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 31, 2016
J&J has challenged me in many different ways. Both professionally, technically, and personally. The company has provided me with the tools to be the best and I am truly grateful to work for such a company.
Don't work here if you think outside the box.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 27, 2016
The company is very good when it comes to work life balance and they pride themselves on that. They also often have nice perks like a gym in their buildings.

But any criticism in favor of improving operations and maintaining an innovative edge is unwelcome. They don't attract top talent with the ability to push forward and make progress because they are a company designed to keep their market share-- they are not in the business of making any risky moves. And so, they hire cookiecutter employees with cookiecutter mindsets.

For a company that is in the business of health, they contract out their cafeteria services to companies that don't provide very healthy options. All the fat executives drink soda, but when you ask them why they work for the company, they tell you because they value helping people.

Because it is such an incestuous company, no one takes any risks or bothers to act on integrity for fear of upsetting people who they will no doubt see at some point further on in their career. Contractors are expendable, and exist in an almost separate class, making some valuable team members feel undervalued when they are laid off at a moment's notice for budgetary excuses.

Technological infrastructure is always ten steps behind the competition because it is such a big company with so many checks and balances. Alignment is lacking when areas of the company have upgraded systems and others are behind due to budgetary constraints or issues with the timing of implementation.

The company is and will continued to be embroiled in scandal--everyday, new fines continue
  more... to be assessed against medical devices, pharma, and their consumer divisions all in the name of sales strategies that continually neglect the ethical imperative of informing consumers and clients alike of undesirable and potentially fatal side effects. But inside the company walls, you'd never know how much failure the company amasses because everyone is high on the fumes of a company too big to fail in the business.

Work here if you want the name brand and the blanket comfort of an incestuous conglomerate, but not if you actually want to innovate and make progress in the business of health.
Pros
Gym in building, excellent work-life balance
Cons
Lack of good management, outdated technological infrastructure
Superb Organization, with highest ethical standards for performance, advancement, teamwork, and success.
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJJanuary 26, 2016
Teamwork with extensive networking collaboration created an atmosphere for achieving goals both personally and organizationally for success.
Pros
Promotions based on performace
Good job
VBA Developer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 21, 2016
It is a great company to work with in terms of culture, work ethics, employee benefits. However the salary is less. Also pharma companies have high level of insecurity due to expiry date of inventions.
Multiple changes requiring adaptation as market evolved
Executive Account Manager / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 19, 2016
Excellent sales experience to be involved in the rapidly changing medical environment. Learning to change and adapt has been beneficial.
Multi-tasking, fun workplace with cooperative and good people. Stress and enjoy during time pressure projects.
Packaging Engineer Assistant (Global Eng) (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJanuary 19, 2016
All are very professional I can see how they handle problem professionally. I learned from this organization how teamwork and being vocal to their ideas works effectively. I learned how to manage my time and do multi-tasking. I enjoy the people im working with, very approachable and professional. The hardest part and i think the most enjoyable part of my job part in this organization, is the time pressure. When you have to meet timeline of projects, and sometimes its a great challenge to advance finishing the projects.

4.3