Johnson & Johnson Employee Reviews

CSX Review
Strategic Sourcing Specialist Packaging (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2017
CSX is a tough place to work with a fast pace and many obstacles to overcome for a day to day operations standpoint. Its a place to get acclimated into business with a great retirement system.
Intelligent working group
Labeling Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 31, 2017
Excellent group of people, Intelligent and understanding during times of stress.

Management reflects a sense of intelligence, however somewhat disconnected to their employees.
Pros
Intelligent and helpful coworkers
Cons
disconnected management
Great Place to work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 30, 2017
I learned a lot about the discipline of engineering and corporate culture. I was able to learn many things here that not only helped me with my personal life but also my future positions.
Very Dependable
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 28, 2017
The routine work was the only downside. The employers liked to be part of the work environment so that they could make improvements with safety of employees and customers. They threw a lot of fun activities for the workers to show appreciation and to motivate them.
Great company to work for, too many meetings.
LIMS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2017
A typical day would consist of a few meetings about ongoing developments to enhance the software. I work on tickets regarding the Laboratory Information Management System. Management is always busy with meetings, but try to make time if you set it up in advance. The workplace is not bad in my area although due to having to be under compliance sometimes can be a little strict on certain things. The hardest part of the job is finding out who you actually need to talk to, to get anything done. The most enjoyable part of the job is working on something different in the software everyday and the flexibility of working from home or off hours if needed.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility, Co workers.
Cons
Have to stay under compliance, many meetings.
Love J&J and how Employees are treated
Kelly Temp (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJJanuary 26, 2017
J&J is a family first company. Whenever someone has a family issue, they are the first to say - go take care of your family and hope everything works out.

During my stay here, I have come to call this place home. I love the people and would love to stay. But they do have a time limit of how long a temp can stay in the company and I am at the end of my time.

If I could stay I would love it!
CREDO Culture not consistent across company
Global Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 24, 2017
J&J has a wonderful reputation, and in some parts of the company that reputation is valid. But in other parts of the company, it is not. Overall, J&J is a great place to seek work for younger folks looking to move up quickly. There is a strong desire to bring in young, green talent and to mold them as leadership desires. There is not as much opportunity for mid or late career candidates as leadership at J&J does not like to be challenged or questioned or disagreed with. As a result, younger candidates and "Yes-Men" tend to be the most likely to be selected or to advance in their careers. The hardest part of the job is holding your tongue when you know something is wrong, but you also know that your leadership does not want to hear about it...and certainly does not want you to share the info with others inside or outside of the organization!
Pros
Public reputation/culture - CREDO
Cons
Reality of the culture in many parts of the company
Fun workplace and organized big company
Assistant, Financial Department (Former Employee) –  China, MEJanuary 22, 2017
Very organized big company and people there are well nice. Johnson & Johnson establish encouraging promotion system and employees have the motive to improve their work.
Great company
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJJanuary 19, 2017
Working as a Co-op at J&J was great. The work culture is relaxed and communication is encouraged. The best part of working here was being encouraged to set up 30min meetings with people you don't know and talk to them about anything work based.
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 18, 2017
Very great company to work for with excellent learning opportunities. Would love to grow within if the option was available.
Nice professional colleagues; constantly reorganizing
Contractor Consumer Science Department (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJJanuary 16, 2017
The people were professional and wonderful to work with. However, they constantly reorganize and lay-off which makes it chaotic. The scope of the job constantly changes. You need to be flexible to work here and have a sense of humor.

There is a sense that it's difficult to get ahead. You need to fit into their culture.
Pros
Flexible hours, professional employees
Cons
Constant reorganization
Highly motivated Foreign Trade professional
INTERNATIONAL TRADE LEAD (Current Employee) –  MEXICO CITYJanuary 13, 2017
Highly motivated Foreign Trade professional, with experience in a world class commercial environment dealing with people from diverse cultures and nationalities. Professional experience in International and Regional Trading, Transportation, Logistics and Traffic. Strong background in supply chain processes. Looking to work in a challenging position that would allow me to apply my educational and professional knowledge and also to contribute to the company’s performance by achieving the best result as possible to my employers.
Fun workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJJanuary 11, 2017
Okay work. Low pay, short breaks. rude employees.
cafeteria is nice, site is nice as well. management isn't good.
checking people in is my typical day.
Pros
events
Cons
short breaks
Thriving industry with exciting opportunties for professional growth.
Professional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 5, 2017
This position offered daily opportunities to improve customer-service, multi-tasking, and account management skills. A typical day consisted of scheduling office visits, delivering sales presentations, and providing customer service.
Pros
Pay, Flexibility, Team Comradery
Cons
Difficult to balance Work-Family Life
Very conscious of work/life balance
Forensic Audit Intern for Corporate Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJanuary 4, 2017
Johnson & Johnson has a great job culture. My supervisor was extremely conscious of the fact that I was still a full-time student and took that into consideration when assigning me projects.
Very pleasing work environment
Marketing/Finance (Former Employee) –  Skillman, NJJanuary 4, 2017
This company was very pleasing and flexible. I was very happy to be here that it allowed a flexibility to be able to do things at home with my social life as well as work life. it was a great balance.
Excellent company to work
Contractor, AutoCAD Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spring House, PAJanuary 2, 2017
As a contracted employee to Johnson & Johnson, my responsibilities included, but not limited to, updating facility electronic drawings, providing financial information to facility management, updating both building and equipment renovations. It was an extreme pleasure working with all disciplines in this pharmaceutical environment.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
FDA guidelines very demanding
Very Fast Pace Job
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pocono, PAJanuary 2, 2017
Line work was very fast paced. Coworkers were very social but love to gossip. Management wasn't so respective towards employees. There wasn't any patience and some lines did catch on fire.
Cons
Lots Of Gossip And Disrespect
just ok
key account manager and medical details (Current Employee) –  Milan, MIDecember 30, 2016
to many hours
great
connection with the company core
sales
no innovation
no energy and focus
old style business
old portfoglio
Solid company offering good work/life balance
Contracts Manager, R&D Procurement, Indirect (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJDecember 27, 2016
J&J is a global leader in its respective markets and one of the most well-respected companies in the U.S. Offers a good work environment where people are respected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson & Johnson. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3