Johnson & Wales University Employee Reviews

College Work
Human Resources Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLAugust 6, 2017
Working while in school my freshmen year. Minimum compensation but a great experience. Was able to work directly with the executives and directors while learning all about Human Resources.
Great Experience
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 2, 2017
Enjoyed my time as an RA
Lots of project and daily tasks
Consistent Meetings with Staff
Focus on engagament
Perfect for creative souls
Team player environment
Going through some tough times
Professional (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 27, 2017
Going through some tough times. Enrollment pressures have resulted in lay offs. Maybe it's time to rethink the business model. Hope they can stem the tide!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Tough industry
good faculty and staff
Adjunct professor of Food service management (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 21, 2017
Enjoyed working with the students as well as with the professors and staff. Up to date media equipment. Friendly atmosphere for both faculty and students.
Pros
professional environment
Cons
no tenure for faculty
Great Atmosphere
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 20, 2017
Overall great place to work, creative freedom and work life balance is of importance. The hardest part of my job was, at time I wanted to do more and that just was'n an option. Woking with students has been the greatest reward thus far in my professional career.
Great Place to work
Financial Planner, Student Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 13, 2017
I loved my job interacting with students and families helping them achieve their academic dreams. Trained and developed new staff members. Hardest part was telling famlies that they is not more we can do for them.
Pros
family friendly business
Cons
now hit by reduce work force
like the work I do
Supervisor/Starbuck Barista (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 12, 2017
Busy, learn to work with people from different background and I learn that I am great trainer. I have one of the best manager ever and my team is great
Pros
great benefits
Cons
hard to move up
Good College Job
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2017
This was my first job as a work experience in my college years. i was happy that i got to work for such a great employer which just happened to be my university as well.
Pros
short hours, comfortable environment, great management
Cons
low pay
Commissary Worker
Baker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 7, 2017
I woke up at 4 every morning and would walk through the snow to get there. If I was lucky the door would be open, if not I stood in the snow for half an hour waiting for someone. Made 50 pounds of Pizza dough and portioned them out before moving on to completing orders for the multiple cafeterias for the school. And I loved almost everyday of it.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Small
Productive and fun working environment
Office Assistant - Federal Work Study (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 5, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was going in everyday and having something new to do. I learned how to sort mail, run errands, communicate with people, use different operating systems. The culture was laid back everyone did their job. It also taught me what its like working in a office environment.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
Sort breaks
Work-Study
Computer Lab Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 28, 2017
Worked as a college student while attending college at Johnson & Wales University. Great to interact with different people and also learning different aspects about the university.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No Cons
Really good place to work
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  North Miami, FLJune 28, 2017
Best place I have ever worked. True care and concern for employees, and employees feel safe and unhindered. The workplace culture is such that there is no discrimination.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
Bad economy
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 27, 2017
Johnson & Wales University is a great organization to work for. The workplace culture doesn't get much better than Johnson & Wales University. The organization has strong values and an exceptional outlook.
Pros
Great work culture, nice individuals, work life balance, benefits
Cons
Salary
More of a family than a workplace
Financial Planning Counselor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 27, 2017
Job was high stressed, but extremely fulfilling. Worked together well and was more like a community than a workplace. Great benefits including medical, dental,life insurance, tuition exchange.
Pros
Free tuition for employees and dependent children
Best company I ever worked for
Regional Director of Industry Relations (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 26, 2017
I was part of the opening Denver campus team. The staff was small, the work load was heavy, So much to do to build a campus from the ground up. This was the most incredible experience of my career.
Pros
Got to be part of the growth
Cons
Low salries
Higher Ed
Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJune 22, 2017
Johnson & Wales is a University with four locations throughout the country in North Miami, Florida, Denver, Colorado, Charlotte, North Carolina and Providence, Rhode Island.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Small breakroom
IT Campus Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2017
Great Benefits and Summer Hours. The University is focused on it's mission of educating students. Lots of great extra opportunities and fringe benefits.
Great High School
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 21, 2017
working as a intern for food and finance high school was amazing.a typical day working as a school food intern was preping food for over 200 students.
conventional office
ID Services - Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 21, 2017
Worked as a Student Assistant in the ID Services department taking on a lot of responsibility in assistance to the new manager.

Learned a lot about security technology and systems.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Low pay
Excellent Univeristy
Head Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2017
I was in charge of overseeing 200 students safety with the Life Coordinators on campus. I also worked with Johnson & Wales University Safety and Security to ensure the Safety of Johnson & Wales Residents whom where living on campus. I was also attending Johnson & Wales University for Food Service Management and Culinary Arts.
Pros
Excellent Univeristy, Living on campus, and security.
Cons
difficult to work off campus