Johnson Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed Managing Private Banking Client Relationships
Private Banking Relationship Manager VP (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 26, 2016
Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Management of 450 Private Banking Client Relationships. Also, new Business Development of additional Private Banking Client Relationships, and, new business Referrals to other Areas of Johnson Bank and Johnson Insurance.
Mission, Vision, Value Statement is bogus and hypocritical
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIApril 26, 2016
This was, hands-down, the worst place I've ever worked. They do treat customers well, and as first things seem great for employees. They brainwash you up front that it's a 'best place to work' etc. However, I worked with some of the most unethical people ever at this place. Lying, back-stabbing, favoritism, etc. I got to the point where I felt like throwing up when I read the 'mission, vision, values' statement. It was the most hypocritical statement I'd ever read. That's when I knew it was time to move on.

Sadly, some of those very unethical, backstabbing people have moved on into senior management roles. Very scary.

I feel like the founder of this bank must be rolling over in his grave.
Pros
Good products, good customer focus.
Cons
Unethical people, favoritism, back-stabbing, lying.
Very Fun workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 8, 2016
Cash checks,deposit monies,money orders,
Offer customer information about their accounts and any new accounts that might help them.
Provide excellent service to customers
Service with a smile ALWAYS
Audit your drawer at the end of day
Change security Tape for the day
Pros
Best job I ever held
Great Company
Treasury Management Relationship Manager, Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2015
Co-workers are very helpful, work done at 5, very organized
benefits are amazing, small company feel, training is adequate, easy computer systems
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, good solid culture
Cons
Commuting, meetings
loved it but was stressed constantly
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Hayward, WIOctober 22, 2014
The people i did work with helped me out with training that i didnt get help in and tried to help me through it as much as possibly and they did way better than the supervisor that had trained me
Cons
management and supervisor
help customers with their accounts
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 2, 2014
I enjoyed working the customers, but was unhappy with not being able to stick to the schedule that I was given.
Excellent employer fo the past 17 years
Officer - Teller Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 13, 2014
I literally grow up at this organization. I truly enjoyed my managers, staff and most off all my clients.
Pros
scj company store benefits
Cons
the commute to work at the head quarter location if desired
Great place to work. A community bank that was concened about the community
Vice President - Mortgage Servicing (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 4, 2013
I enjoyed the years I spent working at Johnson Bank. The positions I held there were both challenging and rewarding. Really good co-workers and management team.
Pros
the company always had concern for it's employees as well as for the community it served.
Great company and even better people to work with.
Commercial Loan Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 4, 2013
This was my favorite place to work. The SCJohnson Family made it feel like family. They were always very complimentary of my work and didn't micro manage me. If you worked hard and did your job they were happy and we were always rewarded in many different ways. The people I worked with were some of the most intelligent hard working people I've ever worked with. It was hard work but I loved it. Wish I had never left.
Pros
scjohnson co so we could buy products at great prices
Cons
a few too many chiefs sometimes.
Great Customer Serivce
Teller II (Former Employee) –  KENOSHA WIMarch 22, 2013
The Co Workers were wonderful. The Hours were pretty good. I liked that we would get every third Saturday off.
Pros
we all helped each other
Cons
long busy days

Want to know more about Johnson Bank?

Ask a question
Productive place.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 25, 2013
I was held back literally, because I was to good at my job. Customers loved me. managers wanted me to transfer to their departments but a hold was put on my advancement and I was stuck being a Teller. Never even received the training for the position I held.
Pros
shopping at the discounted johnson store. most johnson and johnson produts dirt cheap.
Cons
employees really did'nt seemed appreciated.
Excellent company; however, it is in transition with new management
Senior Lender, (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2012
One of the best orgainzations I have worked with. When the downturn began, the company fired its senior management. As such, the culture is being redone.
Undervalued and underpaid Tellers with a negatively evolving customer service environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 26, 2012
When you have a positive, involved supervisor/manager, worklife is very supportive and encouraging.
Most Supervisors are extremely flexible regarding scheduling.
Their health benefits are extremely expensive, but they will pay $330 towards a health club membership.
Their 6 weeks of paternity leave is almost unheard of.
Profit Sharing WAS a nice benefit, but that has been done away with for the most part. In 2010 and 2011, employees received $200 gift cards. 2012 brought a larger profit payout depending on duration with the company.
The ability to buy SC Johnson products at cost is one of the only reasons I stayed there.

Depending on the branch, and this is company wide, the working environment varies from being extremely supportive to extremely negative.
Tellers are expected to bring in so much business and have so many responsibilities, but are the least valued employees in the company.
The referral goals are unrealistic, at best, particularly considering the limited amount of referral types that qualify and the fact that the client base is usually pretty regular (meaning you see the same people day in and day out).
Due to the the recent change in the banking industry, JB is changing their customer service model from client-centric to product-centric. Gone are the days when you CARED about your clients - now tellers are expected to look at the clients as purely numbers....how many credit cards you can get, how many NEW accounts can you get them to open, etc. etc.
Some managers in the Kenosha area are extremely uninvolved and care more for brown-nosing their way to a higher
  more... position than fostering the talent that they employ (to the degree of essentially ignoring their teller line and any difficulties they have). Additionally, the manager(s) in question completely embody the "product-first" mentality of the current Executive Level management to the point where they alienated a long term client because they did not create enough revenue - when the client closed their account, she did it happily and without batting an eye.
Their HR department is no more than a glorified execution squad. For the most part, branches will not see an HR representative unless someone is getting fired or is in trouble. Additionally, their hiring process is so over-bloated - it takes months to fill a position, and even then they don't always hire the best candidate (and usually because they try to low-ball candidates on salary). For instance, one of their Invest positions has been open for 18 months and the old Invest employee is working PT waiting to fully retire until they hire someone. Most of the Kenosha branches are so short handed on both the Teller and Banker lines, that customer service quality is being negatively influenced in no small part because the employees are so overworked.
In many of the branches, cooperation and communication between tellers and bankers is limited - in some cases, bankers will act put-out if a teller has a question.
Their year-end review process is horrible. It is essentially a self evaluation that is so bloated with silly corporate-speak that almost every employee that I knew dreaded having to work on it. Additionally, the man hours required to fill it out were actually a detriment to morale and customer service quality. As of June 2012, merit increases had STILL not been addressed - even though they were supposed to have been handed out by the end of April.
Merit increases, particularly for the lower echelon of employees are a joke. For instance, on one Teller Line in 2011 (after the company not receiving a merit increase for 2010), even the most accomplished teller received less than a 1.5% increase.
There is absolutely no consistency in following policy and procedures, and when a change is introduced, resistance from every level to the change is Herculean.
Communication is subpar across the board.
In 2008, JB was voted one of the best companies to work for. It held that distinction until 2011 and when it fell off that list, it seemed upper management could really care less. One of the overriding feelings in the organization from 2008 through to 2011 was that of the employees being a family. From 2011 on, there was no sense of teamwork much less family.
They have been restructuring so much lately, that some of the upper level managers are redundant - yet they are kept on hand while excellent employees beneath them are let go.

At this point, if you were looking to get hired on in the branch level, I'm not too sure I would suggest it. Working in the corporate offices, from what information has been relayed, is actually quite pleasant. But I would highly suggest staying away from the Kenosha branches until good, less sycophantic managers are hired.
Pros
major discounts on sc johnson products, assistance with health club memberships, pretty flexible work schedules
Cons
please see my review.....
A strong ethical company trying to compete with the national financial market.
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJuly 18, 2012
I enjoyed my time working for Johnson Bank, a lot of fun considering it was a professional environment. Through out the years some changes that were implemented would often cause our clients to become unhappy, creating an uncomfortable environment for everyone evolved with little to no guidance from upper management.
Pros
matching 401k, additional pension, 2 weeks vacation, 1 week personal time. paid holidays off
Cons
no overtime, small annual raises, low hourly rate

2.9