Johnson Bank Employee Reviews

JB believes in family values starting from owners
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2017
Johnson Bank was an excellent workplace of choice. The environment of teamwork stood out and we were there to encourage one another. Management did not have a micro-management attitude. Goals were a must to develop and grow and we all benefited from that.
Pros
positive environment, management excellent communication
Productive workplace
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Kenosha County, WISeptember 8, 2017
Wonderful workplace and management. Workplace of choice and a family oriented company.Very supportive of their employees and working together with the management and employees to provide good service to their clients.
HR Coordinator
RECRUITING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 30, 2017
Great institution to work for. Extremely professional work environment. Great employees, great benefits. A great deal of training provided. Quality organization.
Family owned
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 16, 2017
Several perks for working with the Johnson family
Close relationship
many benefits outside of payroll
family environment
flexible scheduling
acheivable sales goals
Enjoyable
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 3, 2017
My kids were babies back when I worked at Johnson Bank, so sometimes work was a hassle and I went through some very hard times personally, but a typical day was spent doing your average Teller functions. I learned a lot while working here. I learned to not only manage my own new family, but also what it took to be a Teller by way of various transactions and different bank functions and products.

Work culture was upbeat and at times fast paced. I learned that even though we worked as a team, we also had to learn our job well in order to work independently in order to succeed when we were busy. I made lasting friendships as well.

I would say the hardest part of the job for me at that time was selling bank products that I wasn't very familiar with, and the easiest part, and possibly the most enjoyable part, was getting to know the customers and talking with them while doing their transaction(s). I actually enjoyed most everything I did as a Teller.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Little pay
Johnson Bank work life
Customer Service Representative-Teller (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2017
A typical day at Johnson Bank is quite different than a chase or Bank of America. We are encouraged to get to know out customers on a personal level and to help our customers financial needs.
It is a great place to work if you care about your customers and want what best for them.
Pros
The bank actually does care about the employees.
Good company, Bad Management
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 10, 2017
The culture of the bank is great. The concept of this bank truly outshines the rest of the banks in the industry. The only thing holding this company back is the horrible management that exists here. Communication skills are very lacking, poor management style and a true lacking of care for employees and customers is too prevalent.
Pros
Cons
Management, specifically the people who manage the offices
Amazing family culture at this bank. This is the best bank ever I've worked for.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 3, 2017
I started at Johnson Bank 9 months ago and I love it. The bank is small, so navigation is easy. I always know who and where to call. The client base is strong and the staff is great.
Pros
Pay, benefits, size, coworkers
Cons
I work a lot of hours.
Enjoyed Managing Private Banking Client Relationships
Private Banking Relationship Manager VP (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 26, 2016
Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Management of 450 Private Banking Client Relationships. Also, new Business Development of additional Private Banking Client Relationships, and, new business Referrals to other Areas of Johnson Bank and Johnson Insurance.
Mission, Vision, Value Statement is bogus and hypocritical
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WIApril 26, 2016
This was, hands-down, the worst place I've ever worked. They do treat customers well, and as first things seem great for employees. They brainwash you up front that it's a 'best place to work' etc. However, I worked with some of the most unethical people ever at this place. Lying, back-stabbing, favoritism, etc. I got to the point where I felt like throwing up when I read the 'mission, vision, values' statement. It was the most hypocritical statement I'd ever read. That's when I knew it was time to move on.

Sadly, some of those very unethical, backstabbing people have moved on into senior management roles. Very scary.

I feel like the founder of this bank must be rolling over in his grave.
Pros
Good products, good customer focus.
Cons
Unethical people, favoritism, back-stabbing, lying.
Very Fun workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 8, 2016
Cash checks,deposit monies,money orders,
Offer customer information about their accounts and any new accounts that might help them.
Provide excellent service to customers
Service with a smile ALWAYS
Audit your drawer at the end of day
Change security Tape for the day
Pros
Best job I ever held
Cons
decent pay but high turn over for a reason
Teller (Former Employee) –  Waukesha County, WINovember 15, 2015
The positive thing is that its unlike any other banks. They accommodate specific kind of clients. And that's a catch 22. The benefits are good, but the management is eh. They can not be trusted. They look for reasons not to promote and to hire out to others then to promote within. Because of this employees feel less valued and leave within a year or two. The best part is I got to meet some great people client wise and coworker wise. I enjoyed that part the most. I would have left sooner if it wasn't for that.
Pros
1 hour lunches, good training, good benefits
Cons
no work life balance, sliding rules, management plays favorites.
Great Company
Treasury Management Relationship Manager, Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2015
Co-workers are very helpful, work done at 5, very organized
benefits are amazing, small company feel, training is adequate, easy computer systems
Pros
Benefits, flexibility, good solid culture
Cons
Commuting, meetings
loved it but was stressed constantly
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Hayward, WIOctober 22, 2014
The people i did work with helped me out with training that i didnt get help in and tried to help me through it as much as possibly and they did way better than the supervisor that had trained me
Cons
management and supervisor
help customers with their accounts
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 2, 2014
I enjoyed working the customers, but was unhappy with not being able to stick to the schedule that I was given.
Excellent employer fo the past 17 years
Officer - Teller Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 13, 2014
I literally grow up at this organization. I truly enjoyed my managers, staff and most off all my clients.
Pros
SCJ Company store benefits
Cons
The commute to work at the head quarter location if desired
Great place to work. A community bank that was concened about the community
Vice President - Mortgage Servicing (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 4, 2013
I enjoyed the years I spent working at Johnson Bank. The positions I held there were both challenging and rewarding. Really good co-workers and management team.
Pros
The company always had concern for it's employees as well as for the community it served.
Cons
Great company and even better people to work with.
Commercial Loan Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 4, 2013
This was my favorite place to work. The SCJohnson Family made it feel like family. They were always very complimentary of my work and didn't micro manage me. If you worked hard and did your job they were happy and we were always rewarded in many different ways. The people I worked with were some of the most intelligent hard working people I've ever worked with. It was hard work but I loved it. Wish I had never left.
Pros
SCJohnson Co so we could buy products at great prices
Cons
A few too many chiefs sometimes.
Great Customer Serivce
Teller II (Former Employee) –  KENOSHA WIMarch 22, 2013
The Co Workers were wonderful. The Hours were pretty good. I liked that we would get every third Saturday off.
Pros
we all helped each other
Cons
long busy days
Productive place.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 25, 2013
I was held back literally, because I was to good at my job. Customers loved me. managers wanted me to transfer to their departments but a hold was put on my advancement and I was stuck being a Teller. Never even received the training for the position I held.
Pros
shopping at the discounted johnson store. most johnson and johnson produts dirt cheap.
Cons
employees really did'nt seemed appreciated.