Johnson City Medical Center Employee Reviews

Johnson City Medical Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 9, 2018
I loved working at JCMC. It was an awesome job! I checked in patients for different procedures. I also worked in Same Day Surgery. I loved meeting new people and I loved the staff I worked with.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Very stressful and poorly managed
Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37601November 8, 2017
The work atmosphere is very stressful and tense. Employees are disgruntled and very unsatisfied. Lots of backbiting, co-worker bashing, mostly from older techs dissatisfied with their positions and advancement. It's a very hard place to work, no team work.
Fast Paced Environment
HR Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 18, 2017
Johnson City Medical Center is a Good place to work if you have high energy! You can not be a lazy person and expect to do well at any job that is offered here.
Pros
Lunch on site
Cons
Work on Holidays
Each day is hardly ever the same.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 5, 2017
I enjoy my job and I love my coworkers. Management is truly wonderful. Depending on which department you work in depends on how busy it will be. Some are extremely busy while others are very slow. All in all, it is a good job.
Pros
Meet all kinds of different people.
Cons
It's impossible to move up without transferring to another location.
Workplace
Johnson City (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 20, 2017
Wonderful people, poor staffing. If staffing would improve the morale would improve. Management needs to be competent enough to help on floor when short staffed.
It sucks
Linen Worker (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 12, 2017
Not paid enough only get one break not treated fairly do not give you enough time Flexsteel when you have to take a little longer gets angry if you use the bathroom
Pros
Cons
Only one break
Stressful
Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 6, 2017
A typical day at work was stressful. I learned a lot dealing with patients. The management was good. The hardest part of the job was the pay & some employees did not want to work as they should.
Will gain lots of new nurse experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  PCUSeptember 3, 2017
Mostly fast paced environment which will help you gain knowledge of medical equipment and procedures. This facility provides great benefits and opportunities for advancement along with great training opportunities.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Stressful
Ok place to work, some good people, pay not great
Registered Nurse, Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 31, 2017
Good place to work, some great people. lots of great nurses and doctors. Most management helpful and truly do want to help out staff. pay needs to be increased, not in line with other large facilities.
I had a wonderful time serving clients at JCMC.
Nurse Intern I (Former Employee) –  Labor and DeliveryAugust 28, 2017
I worked with an amazing group of nurses and doctors. My manager was a strong woman who was always fair about things and I couldn't have worked on a better unit.
Great place to work.
Physician (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 9, 2017
I have not officially started working here yet but I did my residency at this hospital. I loved it so much I'm staying. Great place to learn and great role models to learn from.
Good Work Environment
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 25, 2017
Mountain States Health Alliance at Johnson City Medical Center has easy to work with scheduling and hours. Reasonable pay along with reasonable benefits.
Good
Cons
Short Breaks
Felt as an RN, Punitive environment , not much attempt to keep staff ,
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 13, 2017
Nurses, pay not competitive with the other USA states.
Felt undervalued by MSHA constant turn over no incentives to stay and be loyal . Felt hard working staff not appreciated by Senior Hospital Management. -IE Christmas, no bonus, $15. food land card taxes incurred by employee. ! Health benefitsl imited and expensive, more expensive every year without negotiation
It was ok
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 13, 2017
This job involved a lot of sitting and not being able to move around, there was also a lot of drama between some of the other techs and it got to be very old to listen to
Good job for High School or early college students.
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 9, 2017
This was a job as a catering associate that I had in high school and into early college. The money and hours were great for a teenager just needing a little spending money.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Night shift was only 4 hours
great managers
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 14, 2017
Great people to work with. You get to learn while having fun its a great environment to work. The respiratory managers work very well with you on your schedule and needs.
Pretty good place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 4, 2017
Like any workplace there will be issues. Your team oriented employees and your employees that no one wants to work with. Bad managers and good managers. Bad days and good days. I have worked at two other places in the past and so far I have enjoyed working here the most.
I work nights (7pm-7am) and I have met very few coworkers that I didn't enjoy working with.
Pros
Great team effort
Cons
Sometimes nurse/pt ratio isn't the best
had free lunches sometimes
linen superisvor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 31, 2017
I loved my job but I didn't like how the magement wasn't for the ones who worked the hardest.they praised the ones who done nothing.Didn't give the right people the jobs they deserved
Enjoyed everyday , always felt like i was working w family
Pcp/ Recptionist (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 9, 2017
Working for MSHA I learned a lot and the nurses and doctors never minded teaching something new to me and we all became friends and enjoyed working and having good times out side of work. many of us became great friends.
Great place to work!
Inpatient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37604December 20, 2016
I don't even know where to begin. JCMC helped me with so much. The staff is wonderful and they offer so many things for their employees. I received my CNA license through their program and got it for free. I just loved everything about that place.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Short breaks