Johnson Controls
1,045 reviews

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

Ok place to work
IT Analyst (Current Employee), Riverside, MOJuly 7, 2014
Pros: latest techonology
Cons: long hours, feel underpaid
Working with 2 guys in department running a 24/7 operation.
ok place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Holland, MIJuly 6, 2014
Pros: plenty of hours if u want them
Cons: managment doesnt know what they doing or care about employees being with their family
management doesn't tell you anything til the last minute, people on production floor have more common sense and can think stuff through more than people in office
Audio Tester
Audio Tester (Former Employee), Holland, MIJuly 5, 2014
Pros: temporary work, always new coworkers.
Cons: alot of walking between sessions.
Compared, evaluated and edited audio files for best sound quality before shipment to distributors.
Productive and educating environment
Administrative Assistant / Data Entry (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: company shutdown between christmas & new years
Cons: lack of training
The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with my co-workers and the scientists. Part of my job requires me to work with the scientists to get their equipment fixed. I have learned quite a bit about different kinds of lab equipment and research equipment. I spend the majority of my day processing work orders from our in-house technicians, – more... processing invoices & purchase orders, & creating new work requests for broken equipment. The hardest part of my job currently is a new database system that went "live" in April. There have been multiple issues with the software and it has made my job on a daily basis a little frustrating. However, we are all learning how to deal with these issues and still be productive as possible. – less
Siemens or Carrier
Service Operation Agent (Former Employee), Capitol Heights, MDJuly 1, 2014
If you are on the HVAC side, I would recommend going with a competitor. HOWEVER, if you know someone within management, then you should work here. It will be easier to be moved up and for you to be accepted into JCI's "culture"
Was a good place to work.
Production Worker - Team Member (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 25, 2014
8 hours days, learned to work on production line. Management was good, co-workers was fun to work with.
Excellent Place to work
Latin America Logistics and Procurement Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 25, 2014
Pros: global presence
Cons: no many
Define corporate and local goals
Export markets LATAM
Typical America coorporate
Fun and productive customer service
Assembler (Former Employee), Clanton, ALJune 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is team work. I must say team work because when your working with others you have to make sure everything is right. Without your team work things can go terribly wrong. So with team work things would run smoothly.
Good Place
Master Scheduler (Sourcing Management) (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJune 24, 2014
Pros: empowerment
Cons: management, advancement
Johnson Controls - you just never know what your going to get but overall the Company is great. People can break your experience.
Great job for providing for your family
Production worker (Current Employee), Riverside, MOJune 24, 2014
After two years of being on the Production Line my body has had enough. With that being the case this is still one of the best jobs I have ever had. Good pay + Reward/Incentives + Medical Benefits that are second to none.
injection molding
Mold Setter/Material Handler (Former Employee), Kendallville, INJune 22, 2014
the jod ended and we sent all the work to mexico and the building went up for sale
A fast pace work environment where demand has to be met.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Westpoint, Ga.June 20, 2014
Pros: the work family relationship
Cons: long hours
A typical work day is, fast pace, to get the demand in,produce product, deliver, and make sure the customer is satisfied. Working with the team that I work with, I have learned numerous things, from day to day managment to productivity in a single days work, one of the most important is "Data means everything". I can honestly say that majority management – more... team here is part of a great management team. My co-workers and team members are the best, they do anything to help get the job done. The best part of the day is accoplishment , to leave the job after a great day of work. – less
Solid and diverse company
MidAtlantic Region Operations Manager (Former Employee), MidAtlantic Region - Vitual locationJune 19, 2014
Pros: fair compensation
Cons: too many restructurings
Great place to work. Working in Performance Contracting (Solutions) the virtual office environment offers ability to really focus on tasks.
Horrible place to work.
IT Coordinator at Lakewood Metals and Mechanisms (Current Employee), Holland, MIJune 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: ignorance in decision making by management.
I enjoy the work that I do at JCI. I've learned a lot about VLAN's, networks and wireless networks. Management is very poor. The manager I work for has a "bully" attitude and is not a people person. He would rather threaten your job on a daily basis than try to work with you to bring the environment to the 21st century.
Other workers in the plant are – more... very nice and very respectful. I do enjoy the interactions with those type of people.
The hardest part of my job is that my bosses know nothing about IT. However, they make all of the decisions for the IT department. This has created a lot of stress because they make very poor decisions, even after I've tried to steer them in the right direction. They have the tendency to do the exact opposite of what I recommend. I would not reecommend that anyone go to work at this location for JCI. Everyone in a salary position is looking for something else, somewhere where they are treated like a human and not a dog. – less
JCI Electronics is being sold to Visteon. Had many good years at JCI.
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Holland, MIJune 16, 2014
Pros: global company, flexible
Cons: benefits expensive, no loyalty, do not feel valued
The best part of the job is the caliber of the people I work with.

The worst part of the job is the long hours working at night or starting early morning because the 13-14 time difference with Japan. Night and early morning meetings are needed to support both internal/external customers.
Challenging enviroment
Security and Fire (Project Manager) (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 16, 2014
Pros: lots of air miles, big job sites, technically challenging
Cons: don't have a real schedule of when i will be out of town.
My typical day includes going over the financials for projects as well as ordering parts, engineering and installing Fire alarm systems of varying sizes.
I have learned a lot more about the financial side of how projects work here at Johnson Controls.
This office is a very small office with about 10 people 6 of which are full time office staff. Alaska – more... makes for a challenging work enviroment because of the size of territory covered. – less
Could not have chosen a worse place to work
employee (Current Employee), Florence, SCJune 14, 2014
The plant mgr is a bully. His management style is by intimidation and threats. He cannot be pleased. All assignments are changed as soon as completed and presented. The man is out of his mind and a danger to others!
Very fair
Production Worker (Former Employee), Holland, OHJune 13, 2014
co-workers are fair and helpful. Leaned all manufacturing procedures 5S is very important to know and they taught this very well.
OBIEE
Sr. OBIEE Developer (Current Employee), new yorkJune 10, 2014
OBIEE Developer, Sr. OBIEE Developer with Lead experience and 8 years of over all experience.
Johnson Controls
HVAC Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2014
leave from home going to different places everyday trouble-shooting controls working on York chillers, boilers, air handlers etc. I learned more about chillers. management was good. Nothing was really that hard. The thing I liked best was working at Microsoft.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos