Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Found 1,952 reviews matching the search
Jonhson
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJune 23, 2017
Great place too work love it great people too be around easy job they are willing too work with you threw any situation if I can I would go back an work for them again
Pros
Great people
Cons
Hot climate
Production Worker - Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 23, 2017
8 hours.

There are good people from all walks of life.

To be patient.

Fair.

Good.

Co-workers coming into work late.

Changing station every 2 hours.
Pros
Cons
Plant closed.
Very well balance work and personal life career
Mechanic specialist III (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 22, 2017
Fair management, flexible career paths, plenty of training, excellent benefits and all around good business growth culture. I recommend giving JCI a look at for employment.
It's a challenge
Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJune 22, 2017
I have not worked here for over a decade, my star review is based on older information. Please take it with a grain of salt. I am not a good source as things may have changed.
Not an environment for life balance
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 21, 2017
Overworked with lots of stress, sometimes different to have a work/life balance. Work 10+hrs a day. with lack of support from management. Stressful environment, fast pace and handling 5 different job daily.
Constantly Changing Directions
Facilities Management Services / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
Could never get any consistent direction from leadership team. There was no interest in building the facilities division in the local markets. Strategy was geared toward national and global opportunities.
Good job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2017
I started my Hvac career out at Johnson Controls! On of the biggest mistakes I made was leaving! But in my defense I was only getting a few hrs a week in the winter witch untilmatly led to my decision.
Clean place
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 20, 2017
The hardest part of the job is to release parts when that get stuck.
The breaks should be longer. It's very clean I would have to say factory work just wasn't for me.
Very positive environment, lots of friendly employees, and they provide good team support.
B Mig Welder, ASC (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, INJune 20, 2017
I learn plenty of new things everyday, I meet new people. While obtaining my own job requirements, I reach my goals to get things done on time and accurately. Every morning we are required to do stretches to help us later on throughout the day.
Pros
Free Lunches, Holidays off, Snacks
Cons
Hot
Good job to start when entering to the work force
Welder (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35811June 20, 2017
Good company very employee friendly! There flexible with cross training I was there 13 years and picked up a lot of work related experience ! Good job
Pros
Benefits insurance
Cons
Pay rate
No incentive for hard workers
Shipping Packer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 20, 2017
Worked for them in shipping for about a year. They have something set up with the union that makes them fire temps after 3 months. Which means they're always training new people. Because it's union, there are a lot of employees only doing the minimum required from them which shifts workload to temps which creates more mistakes which creates more work. No never how long you'll work that day.
Pros
Zero accountability
Cons
Pay, erratic hours, zero notice for working weekends
operations managerment
Operations Manager for the AK Steel Account (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJune 20, 2017
Responsible for 7 departments and 60 staff members. Reported to the Account Director. Assigned to the position of Leader of Communications Teams at all 7 AK Steel sites.
Nice job
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJune 19, 2017
It was a nice place to work. Plenty of good people here. I met my wife while working here. Th e management team was friendly. It was a union job so that was ok.
Pros
Plenty of breaks
Fast Paced
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYJune 19, 2017
Fast paced Office envronment, leader in Industry, Big on customer service standards
.Typical Day
Contracts,Billing, phone support, contract booking. AP and AR recociliation
Benefits
Cons
Workload
Day at JCI
Executive Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIJune 19, 2017
I schedule interviews for executive candidates, director level and above, with the C-Level executives at JCI. I provide concierge services when the candidates arrives on the day of their interviews. I book travel including hotel and car service for the candidates, and I process their expense reimbursements.
Not so good
Temp Staff (Andrews Staffing), Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJune 18, 2017
Management is rough. The union is pretty okay but if its a temp job through a secondary staffing agency don't expect to get many hours. Have not heard very good things about this place or the people who worked there in my time as a temp.
Lots of Over-Time
Machine Operator/Inspection (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 15, 2017
There is lots of over-time available if you want it. 12 hours a day and 6 days a week. There really is no hard part of this job. The most enjoyable part was that it wa easy to learn all the machines.
great
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 14, 2017
I wish I still had this job,they were union,and took care of me and you know what I want to go back to work there lol 😁 u will have to go with me to get to the store now to go to work tomorrow morning at the
Relaxing and Productive environment
Lead Engineer/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJune 13, 2017
I love working for JCI, because we have a great team with distinctive interpersonal relationships which allows for an efficient work environment. As a manufacturing plant we are able to reach our production goal every night despite our limited staff during the second shift.
productive work place
Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHJune 13, 2017
clock in get rates and clock out
how to put together car parts
was helpful when needed
welcoming
if someone couldn't keep up with the line
the people and customers at location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.