Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,393 reviews matching the search
Productive job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2016
Great time working for Johnson Control, I was the Admin. Asst. job duties, answer calls, help out others, file invoices.
fun enviroment
Assembler and Route runner (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 24, 2016
good people far as co workers and supervisors. job was easy but dirty made seat tracks for cars. ran out of small parts a lot
Pros
lots of hrs
Cons
business needs to emprove
No comment
Weld Tech (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOMay 23, 2016
Fast paced work, inspected welds made by robot welders, looked for weld imperfections, repaired welds. Mig and Tig welding mostly. Good pay
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Laborer
Framer (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 23, 2016
Great work environment
Friendly owners and co workers
Learned a lot with construction and laboring
Great flexibility while I was in school
Good pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCMay 23, 2016
Good paying job, its just a lot of hard work. to work at Johnson Control you have to be ready and welling to work 12hr shifts multiple times thru out the week. You have to take shower after everyday of work to clean the lead off you so you don't track it at home
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No time for family
Better benefits than most autobody jobs
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 19, 2016
Johnson Controls is not inline with my career direction. First shift job. Steady work while I find a better auto body opportunity.
Pros
40+ hours per wk
Cons
Not an autobody job
Excellent company.
Senior Credit and Collections Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 19, 2016
Johnson Controls assisted me in my career. The management was most helpful to make me grow.
Always pushed for the best results and stood by their employee.
Pros
longetivity
What I've learned.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 18, 2016
At this company I learned how to drive a forklift, unloading and loading up semi trucks to be sent with product. I received my forklift drivers license.
great place to work...people were happy...
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, TNMay 18, 2016
this was a great place to work, morale was high, business was coming in, incentive and awards programs, and yet you still had a personal life...people actually looked forward to coming to work at Johnson controls...we could talk and joke around and even sang on the assembly line and constantly made production!! but I feel in the long run jci priced themselves out of the business because, in effect, they treated their employees well but it cost them...when jci sold out to mig, everything went out the window...so sad...
Pros
treated employees really well
Cons
sold to mig
na
Records Aaociate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 17, 2016
At this time I am not ready to write a review of my time for the few years worked at Johnson Controls Inc.

Worked off-site from the main branch.
Multi-divisional
Change business practices depending on management
Diversity in various levels in the organization
Great Team,
Security Fire Tech II (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 16, 2016
Wide variety of products and integration. Great Team and ability to fluctuate based on the needs of customers. Wide area of training with on board and Manufacturer Training.
Pros
Training
Decent place to work
Machine Welding Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 16, 2016
Repetitive tasks, short breaks, but the pay was pretty good. The best part of this job was the consistency, I knew what to expect from each day of work.
Positive, productive, friendly, safe work environment
CREDIT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 14, 2016
I enjoyed working at Johnson Controls for over 10 years. The open communication between internal and external customer is what made Johnson Controls such a wonderful place to work. I have advanced my career to new levels and have the management team to thank for that. The team work that was shared help improve our overall success with customer satisfaction. Every job has it's trying circumstances but with the support of co-workers and management we always provided the ultimate results. I truly enjoyed my job responsibilities to be able to provide 100% customer satisfaction and will miss working with all the people I have had the privilege of working with.
Pros
Games, teams competitions
Cons
Heating, A/C controls
Productive, spend a lot of time doing lab work.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 14, 2016
Managing reagents through a management system. Fulfilling chemists request for handling and disposing any hazardous materials. Making sure that every labs on site are safe to work in. Keeping good relationships between co-workers and clients is very important. Making sure that communications between upper managements, co-workers, and clients run smoothly to minimize errors. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people. Everyone brings something to the table, so you can always learn something new everyday.
Pros
Great benefit and great working environment
Cons
Health benefits, and annual salary increase can be better.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 10, 2016
good job to have. i wish is was still working there. we lost our work to foreign laborers. it is not a great job but good job.
Pros
good job
Cons
will send work overseas
Can not suggest working for this company
System Operations (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 8, 2016
Working for this company was one of my worse experience in my working time. Management was so busy with meeting and phone conferences that they did not interact with the staff,
Excellant Workplace
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAMay 6, 2016
Over the last 5 years JCI is definitely a great place to work and they love to promote within.The pay is exceptional and could be more competitive.
High paced team environment
Senior YST Applications Engineer/ Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 4, 2016
Johnson Controls is high paced global leader in the industrial HVAC arena. Daily activities vary day to providing a constant flow of new and exciting opportunities.
Wow
Customer Quality Specialist, Customer Liaison (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAMay 3, 2016
Very well organized place to work clean, I was temporary employee and treat just like the permanent people. Management was very polite and respectable.
ok
Systems Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 2, 2016
The goal of a performance evaluation is to give workers feedback on what they are doing right and what needs improvement.