Johnson Controls
1,326 reviews

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

Knowledgeable place to be at
Digital Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: friday evening cakes
I have worked as a intern at Johnson Controls which I believe turning point for my career. It gave me lot of confidence in the perspective of knowledge. It was my first major platform to network with people on a daily basis which I liked. Overall I loved working at JCI.
Fast paced productive environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Nutley, NJJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great benefits, open communication
Cons: demanding
Good pay for hard work, dedication and commitment.
Team environment was essential.
Safety was a priority and good ideas were rewarded.
Packing/Stocking
Packer/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Cottondale, ALJanuary 29, 2015
At this job it was consist to pack different things for shipping.During this process i learn how to become more of a leader. Managing plenty hours and paperwork was the key.People I work with was very on-going/motivational.Hardest part of ah job have to be dealing with UN-familiar courses & the best part of a job is acing whatever's assign.
Each day I knew I was making a difference for our MIlitary and the assigned Marine bases in bettering conditions
Government, Site Superintendent Health Officer (Former Employee), Brook Park, OH, Chicago and Joliet ILJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: there was nothing i could not learn or become involved, resolving existing conditions for the marine bases, improve the timelines on completion of project
Cons: contract work with uncertainty of future work, deadlines came and passed, government shutdown, slowed down and delayed future contracts for jci
Improve existing Temperature Controls efficiency and comfort for the Military DOD Marine bases. Upgrade these systems and equipment through Government awarded contracts to Johnson Controls.

The job was contract position which I understood before I accepted the position. There were multiple responsibilities, reports and progress reports on safety and OSHA compliance. Managed an outside contractors with personnel to report to on a daily, weekly and quarterly basis, both my contract employer and the reporting company required different forms of information.

I learned to get issues resolved quickly. Learn it, document it and write it up so that an engineer sitting in a cubicle, (4) states away, can understand and make a decision based on the information you provided.

Enjoyed the many people I met and had high respect for our Military personnel, Marines and the tasks they had to perform each day. I Liked my work and it showed as my supervisor and PM were happy with the manner and way I handled the work getting done ahead of time awaiting for others to finish out commissioning the project.
It is very nice company and very nice colleagues to work with.
Sr. Oracle DBA (Current Employee), milwaukee wiJanuary 27, 2015
The day one when i went to Johnson controls.I need to gone through database issues which are about servers,configuration that's the typical day i felt.

I learnt many things in this perticular job ,i was excited everyday
It was an ok place to work, but no life.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Middletown, DEJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: the pay was pretty good for not having a degree.
Cons: working 7 days a week.
In the busy season of the year, you work 7 days a week from October to April. If you don't have a desire to work everyday of your life, then don't waste your time or their time.
By far my favorite job.
Forklift operator and assembly line worker (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: hours, great pay, benefits, teamwork
Co-workers were hard working and used team work.

Atmosphere was like a family unit.

Learned to drive Forklifts and learned what team work was all about.

Management worked with employees.

Hard work but I enjoyed it.
Productive and nice place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: made good money
Cons: worked 7 days a week 14-16 hours
Was being over the Door Assembly area where we made sure we made quality doors for KTP at all times. Overseeing Operators, checking their attendance using Kronos. Dealing with disciplinary issues.
Overall Amazing Experience
Paid Summer Internship (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: i was off on weekends and i received a lot of networking.
Cons: n/a
I absolutely could not have picked a better first job. I loved everything I did at work. Johnson Controls is a company of many trades, but my favorite is the HVAC area. I worked with amazing individuals. My day was filled with a lot from analyzing the HVAC systems of the Acension Parish School system to field visits at Louisiana State University.
great money and benefits but not worth my time
Production/Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 26, 2015
you will not be able to move up within this company and i spent almost 3 years there for nothing i had no time for me or my family, although the money and the benefits are good its still not worth it.
Excellent workplace
Operations and Maintenance HVAC Specialist IV (Former Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 26, 2015
Awesome experience with JCI
Controlled Laboratory and Administrative space with Metasys Controls
Responded to customer requests daily
Safe environment
Great coworkers
Solid management
Fantastic on the job training and education
A very stable work enviroment
Back up for Copy Center Lead person, Customer (Former Employee), Middletown & West Chester OhioJanuary 26, 2015
Johnson Controls/AK Steel was a enjoyable place to work. There was room for advancement in all departments. The people was very diverse,
product lines are moving to Mexico
Plant Supervisor / Manager (Current Employee), Waynesboro, PAJanuary 24, 2015
To start with they forgot to tell me when I was hired that productions lines were going to be moved to Mexico. 6 months after I was here the a meeting was heald to let use know we were losing our jobs. Little to no comminacation sense.
Great Place to work and Excellent Benefits
Senior Business Technologies Consultant (Former Employee), NC SC FL AL TN GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great salary, 401k, health/vision/dental/car allowance/cell/laptop/supplies - experience gained !
Cons: restructuring company -
JCI is a great place to work with excellent benefits. JCI has some recent business building efficiency challenges to overcome as the company is doing some continued headcount and regional changes that are required to meet their business needs for FY15(2015).

The dynamics of the company and shift will benefit their financial bottom line. Some of the most challenging parts of working in the company are the current changes and restructuring of the regions and employee headcount.

In time, their will be a balance as it relates to this challenge. A new consolidation methodology was recently done so it will take a few years to visualize the results of those decisions from corporate.

The most enjoyable part of working at JCI is the overall culture in the regional and national roles, open workflow, and flexibility to travel working face to face with customers, consultants, VAR's, Alliance partners and owners to bring true bundled solutions selling technologies in a low risk delivery model to market.
Great Company!
Production Control Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Always busy because production was 24/7. Hard working people and many people started and ended their careers at JCI.
friendly people to work with
Maint Tech (Former Employee), San AntonioJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: breaks are interrupted often and not recognized as a neccesity
Many improvements done at one time - overwhelming when adequate help is thin. heading in the right direction with minimal staff. The team culture needs improved and is not working as intended. Maintenance Department has few senior guys and no one there longer than 3 yrs.
Overall great place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), West Union, SCJanuary 23, 2015
The company is really great to work for with many opportunities to be able to advance. Once they see that you are a hard worker and want a chance to help the company be something great the doors will open up for you to become whatever it is you are looking for.
No culture for quality
hard worker (Current Employee), Holland, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: nice break room.
Cons: junky old equipment and poor maintenance. quality poor
Very few effective quality checks. Revolving door employment. Work in silos. Little care for what goes out the door in terms of quality products because its all production numbers to meet shipments. Hate going to work each day.
Productive fast paced enviroment
Assembly / Inspection (Current Employee), DeKalb, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Johnson Controls is a company that works together to ensure the satisfaction of partnered suppliers or customers. We have a large friendly team and have come together as a big family of "JCI". A day at Johnson Controls can consist or numerous job functions having that hands on experience. The devotion of keeping our companies ratings and reviews at a high is what keeps us coming back!
Fast paced, customer driven
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: knowledgable staff
Cons: management
Fast paced. You must remain flexible at all times. I've learned how a Pharma company operates. The management staff is inexperienced at managing people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos