Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Found 1,850 reviews matching the search
Good pay
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 27, 2017
Been a long time since I've worked their and don't know what it's like now. just a typical busy 8 to 10 hour day at work and always busy. Must learn different areas if you want to get hired in. Some lay offs.
Constant change and challenges, in a good way.
Repair Welder/Setup/Automated Weld Technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 27, 2017
At JCI (johnson controls to anyone else), change was a constant, and challenges always came with it, and I loved it. I loved that everyday I would come in to new additions, new scenarios and new problems. Even though they were problems or additions, it was always different and kept me focused, on my toes and engaged.
Pros
Engagement.
Cons
Need bachelors degree to advance.
Fun environment
General Assembly Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 27, 2017
Company made workplace a great place to work. Employees enjoyed great benefits and were treated well. Enjoyed working for this company and would recommend it to others.
Productive and fun work place
Assembly Line Worker/Machine Operator/ (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNApril 27, 2017
Johnson controls is a very fun work place.. It has its ups and downs it's very fast pace. The people that work he are friendly and team work is one many thinks we go be
Good company. Paramilitary
Security Supervisor (Sergeant) (Former Employee) –  Cape Canaveral, FLApril 27, 2017
Not a bad place to work. You have to put up with the Union BS all of the time and you are forced into the Union even if you do not want it. Once you hit management life is so much better, the Company takes care of you but layoffs are always a worry.
Pros
Management is a good deal
Cons
Unions force you to join
Typical day
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIApril 27, 2017
My day was challenaging with working with the staff but the work was fair and I worked with a great team. We worked well and had daily meetings to ensure we were fullfiling our daily need. I learned a lot from my teammates
Pros
volunteer program
Cons
everything was great
Dont work here
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 27, 2017
The management runs the company out of fear. They shut down any worker with a better idea than management. Do not work here. They expect you to dedicate your life to them for nothing in return.
fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 25, 2017
friendly enviornment, nice atmosphere, can be kinda loud sometime, not many freetime hours, they expect you to be there quite often with little regard for your personal life
Pros
fun
Cons
bad schedule
learn alot about the business
Area Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2017
Ran all facets of service business...included sales and operations with complete responsibility of the P&L statement. Achieved all goals for 4 years including customer satisfaction
Pros
well paid
Cons
stressful
Good Consulting opportunity
Workday HCM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIApril 25, 2017
Welcomed me on the team as a consultant. Lots of opportunity to learn new things. Low stress and low pressure job. Flexible hours
Needs improvement
Wonder (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIApril 24, 2017
Great people...bad management!! They could improve their managment team. Understand the employers when there's a lack of work. Provide job security to their employers!
Pros
Donut Thursday
Cons
Healthcare, lack of work
Great experience
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALApril 24, 2017
Johnson Control was a upscale manufacturing company. Employers were great to get along with at anytime. Management on the other hand was terrible. Everyone got along well and completed his/her job.
stressful and poor union
Laser operator / Team leader (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 24, 2017
a typical day is receiving your quota and instructions for the day and then heading to your line or laser for the day and once your quota is met you are done for the day.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Poor union strength
`zx2z
Collector/Account Receivable (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 20, 2017
The company use to be a very well rounded and open to new ideals. Since Tyco IS was bought out by Johnson Control the changes has place employers in bad situation and being fired. These employers were the for fifteen plus years.
Great work atmosphere
Regional Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 18, 2017
Johnson Controls has an excellent team with wonderful people. It doesn't matter which branch you visit or work for/with, the people are warm and welcoming.
Great place to work!
Executive Director of Global Marketing (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 18, 2017
JCI is a large international company with a wide range of opportunities for anyone looking for a challenging and rewarding career. The team has a good culture and high integrity.
Nice clean facility. Would recomend anybody to work there
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Northwood, OHApril 18, 2017
I had a good experience working at this company. I was around good people. The pay was decent. The facility was very clean & it dodnt feel cluttered wen i sat down to eat lunch.
No diversity
Systems Application Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 18, 2017
The office was basically male driven except for the admin staff. Few women were given the opportunity to work on technical projects. Only a few women were on the sales team.
Hard and no promotions given yet only to people that suck up
Brake Press Utility (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLApril 17, 2017
Hard work goes punished yet anyone not working like they should gets a promotion. I did learn a great deal on my own with little to none in the training portion. It a fast paced job and you have to pass or fail your own work. Most enjoyable time i had was with the people who had the same work ethic as I.
Pros
work is steady
Cons
no time with family
Awful Place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 16, 2017
You have no life or rights in this place. You are not even treated like a human. Years spent on the job means nothing if they want to move you. You have NO say in what happens to you in this place. RUN. RUN AWAY.
Pros
Good Insurance
Cons
End up in a bad department and you will be talked to and treated like a dog.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.