Johnson Controls
1,143 reviews

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

assembly
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not making enough money
A typical day consisted of running a machine and inspecting different car parts. I learned how to operate different machines. The management was friendly. I got along with all my co-workers very well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with lazy people. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things everyday,
Productive, great learning experience
Janitorial (Current Employee), Florence, SCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: very friendly environment.
Cons: wages, no paid overtime, no raises.
Very busy on the weekdays, there is always something that needs to be done. My co-workers are positive influences who always guided me in the right direction when I approached them with a question/problem. The hardest part of my job would be my timing. I learned a lot about teamwork and responsibility. The most enjoyable part of my job would there isn't – more... much criticism that goes around. Most of your days, you will always look forward to showing up for work the next day. – less
Good company to work for but room for improvement
Lean Black Belt (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: excellent bonus structure and 401k matching
Cons: lack of moving out of old ways and paradigms
The company as a whole is very good. Some locations need to move beyond the old paradigms, this is how we have always done it, or we are good enough, and strive to get better everyday for the company to grow.
Great benefits, a lot of transition
HR Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2014
The company is constantly in transition, always restructuring. This creates a lot of insecurity. Other than that, it's a wonderful company, doing great things.
Good work environment
Production Team Member (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 8, 2014
Johnson Controls is very team oriented. We learned it takes the whole team working together to build a quality product.
Do not work at the Pulaksi plant
Shipping (Current Employee), Pulaski,TNSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management, too many bullies up front.
Vicious schedule walking on shells all day. The Company needs to make sure the culture is lived and not talked. Management not professional with a myopic view. Co workers not up to the standard making it difficult to do your job. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co workers. Management worries about spending and not the tools needed for the – more... employees. A lot of finger pointing between department managers. Not a manager in this plant that will admit they are wrong or have done something wrong. To many double standards. Rules and policies only apply to the hourly employees. There is too much politics and not enough leadership in this plant. – less
close to home
Assembler/ Fabrication (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: horrible supervision
I didn't really learn to much there. everybody was like every man for them self. Nobody helped much. Management had very little connection with the rest. the hardest part was learning on my own and the best part was it being so close to home
THE COMMUNICATION WITH THE COMPANY IS GREAT
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Earth City, MOSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: off weekends and holidays
Cons: benefits
WORKING WITH WELL ROUND GROUP OF PEOPLE THE PEOPLE ARE TEAM PLAYERS
Payed lunch hour.
Relief Operator (Current Employee), Romulus, MISeptember 8, 2014
A good place to work. Clean and respectable. We work a lot of overtime year round. The Company often hires Staff Members from within the Plant.
Great company and people
Production Control Manager (Former Employee), Canby, ORSeptember 5, 2014
A company who does a lot of little appreciative things for their employees. Very good people.
Challenging, secure place to work.
DDC Technician (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2014
A professional workplace. Work was varied and challenging. Hardest part is 85% travel.
Good Pay.
Plant Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Largo, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: pay.
Cons: everything else.
Vicious schedule walking on shells all day. The Company needs to make sure the culture is lived and not talked. Management not professional with a myopic view. Co workers not up to the standard making it difficult to do your job. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to deal with my employees, coach, teach and guide them.
Productive environment with excellent opportunity for growth
Specialist (Former Employee), Beaumont, Texas/ Cincinnati, OhioAugust 30, 2014
Perform preventative task on medical refrigerators and walk in coolers for medication storage. Checked building plumbing systems and monitored BAS system during business hours.
ugghhh!!!
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Eldon, MOAugust 28, 2014
I am not a huge fan, this company not the best and has horrible benefits.
Great place to work!!!!
Shipping Office Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: lots of free lunches, gift cards and was a very flexible company to work for.
Cons: not many. only think i can think of is the insurance benefits decreased.
JCI was a fun place to work. Management was great and I loved my job. Management tried desperately to achieve a laid back atmosphere. Unfortunately, our facility was moved to Mexico.
produtive
Inspector (Former Employee), Clanton, ALAugust 28, 2014
A typical work day at Honda Lock is non-stop manual labor.
I learned the importance of being on time. At Honda Lock, clocking in one minute too early or one minute too late could be the difference in being employed and unemployed.
The management was all about making sure the job gets done.
My co-workers was all on the same page which was producing, – more... testing, and shipping out quality parts.
The hardest thing about this job is the long hours of hard manual labor 5-6 days a week sometime 10 hr days.
The most enjoyable part about the job was the rewards given for your hardwork and seeing your finished products – less
Productive Envrionment with Multiple Oppotunities to Learn
Operations Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Brookfield, Wisconsin and Hartland, WisconsinAugust 27, 2014
Pros: several professional development opportunities that have successfully been added to my toolbox.
Cons: unfortunatley, schedules were inconsistent and were impeding me opportunities to further my education.
Johnson Controls was a great professional and personal foundation for me as an Operations Maintenance Specialist. The company provided me an opportunity to evolve professionally and to further strengthen my knowledge within my chosen field. It was an amazing experience for which I am grateful for.
High volume fast paced environment
National Field Coordinator II (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 27, 2014
Pros: unlimted overtime during the summer season.
Cons: due to the needs of the business, scheduled start times varied.
I enjoyed working with and for Johnson Controls, I was part of an amazing team. It was high volume fast paced environment that had to adjust to daily account changes, to meet customers needs. The management team was readily available, to ensure we were able to meet all customer needs, which helped daily activity run smoothly.
good job if you dont mind being smarter than the managers
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: manager that isnt fit for the job.
Managers have no common since and are extremely lazy. but they are so good they can tell you how to do your job from the desk, and have no idea what you actually do.
Intense but good place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXAugust 24, 2014
Pros: able to work in the office or from home
Cons: na
Lots of room for opportunity, with constant motiviation for self improvement.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos