Johnson Controls
1,160 reviews

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

Hard working team
O & M Critical Site Specialist III (Former Employee), Rensselaer, NYSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: shift work
I provided a service that included HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry Johnson Controls taught me how to manage my time . I had a great team of co workers and managers. The customer comes first. The hardest part of my job was the shift work. The most enjoyable part was learning many different types of trades.
Always something new, a great start with my transition
System Technician II (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: different people and different projects
Cons: hiring bad subcontractors.
Typical day consists of working with project managers, system designers, system engineers, and subcontractors. Whether it was engineering drawings on a project, supervising the subcontractor on the wiring and installation of the building automation system, or commissioning a project for a customer, it was always something new.

Management was very supportive, – more... they assisted when help was required. The coworkers understood the team concept which made it very easy during my transition from the military sector to the civilian sector.

The hardest part of the job was the schedule and location of the projects. There may be two projects that requires your immediate attention.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Another form of satisfaction was the completion of a project and understanding the intensity of the hard work that was involved during the project. – less
Inventory Analyst
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), JCIM in Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers.
Cons: read my review.
Worked there 5 weeks never got paid, never received an insurance card never had a desk to work from. I was in charge of 7 people of which 2 quit within the second week after I started. After 5 weeks there was no action by management to replace these people. Access to the data to do the job was not provided in full after 5 weeks.
Bathrooms were filthy – more... and basic needs like toilet paper and paper towels were often not available. Staff worked far too many hours to be accurate. Inventory was not secure nor accurate. No one would believe the on hand counts and demanded a cycle count daily.
ERP software was 25 years old and not reliable and no one fully understood how it worked.
Master Schedulers who worked there had no idea what a work order was. Sales orders were used to drive demand and cost accounting was non-existant. – less
Johnson Controls
PRODUCTION LINE LEAD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Eldon, MOSeptember 25, 2014
• Assembly Line Operations
• Supervising a operators and crew
• Production Line Efficiency
• Machinery Assembly
• OEE Reports
• Motor Control
• Logic Control
• Aerial boom and crane lift
• Crane assist lift • Basic Equipment Repairs
• Safety Standards
• Quality Controls
• Single Phase Wiring
• Directional Control Valve Assembly
• Welding (MIG and Stick)
 – more... 5s
• Metallurgy
• Hydraulics
• Pneumatics – less
Fortune 500
DIRECTOR CUSTOMS COMPLIANCE, NORTH & SOUTH AMERICA (Former Employee), Holland, MISeptember 24, 2014
High energy, fast paced automotive supplier where I worked with an amazing team of talented people.
Place for advancement
Faberication Production Planner (Current Employee), wichita ksSeptember 24, 2014
Very busy, heavy work load and many hours. started on the assembly line now I work in the office. Pleasant place to work. The hardest part of my job is all the overtime.
family duitys conflicted
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Northwood, OHSeptember 23, 2014
best job ever had. good work environment. good people.Was well supported buy quality control and engineering
Assembly production
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Toledo, OHSeptember 23, 2014
buildseats for chrysler by putting headrest on seat handle and other parts at a timely fasion i train other co-workers to do the same thang ive learned other positions at the job line it was a great exprience for me because i no what to expect in the car company business
Productive Work Place
Production Worker (Former Employee), West Point, GASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: meet production free lunch on company
Cons: if we dont hit rates short lunches and breaks
meeting before shift... tell us where we at and where we headed far as production and where we at with the costumer. head to line and begin a safe and productive work day. goals is to hit as many as 260 seats within fours period before lunch and sail though the rest of the day safely.
non-fuctional job site
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INSeptember 21, 2014
Johnson Controls was just a job to me that paid money the management was horrible
Hard job
Material Handler (Former Employee), West Point, GASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: working together
Cons: no team sprit
was very different to work with others who only cared about the breaks and lunch period.
Good learning
SAP ABAP Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 18, 2014
Good learning and work life balance . Learned Web dynpro interaction across various regions ..
Clean facility, great co-workers, adiquit pay and benifits.
Pressroom (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: clean and good pay
Cons: way too many hours, work seven days a week
Good place to work. Good co-workers and associates. Very clean facility. Good pay and benifits.
great job
Laser Welding Machine Operator (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: worked with my dad
Cons: bad location
Assembly Line Operator/Laser Welding Machine Operator
Loaded and unloaded parts into laser in efficient manner for automotive manufacturing
Provided safe and equipped machinery for production prior to shift
Developed successful routines for accomplishing tasks quickly and efficiently
assembly
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Battle Creek, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not making enough money
A typical day consisted of running a machine and inspecting different car parts. I learned how to operate different machines. The management was friendly. I got along with all my co-workers very well. The hardest part of the job was dealing with lazy people. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things everyday,
Productive, great learning experience
Janitorial (Current Employee), Florence, SCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: very friendly environment.
Cons: wages, no paid overtime, no raises.
Very busy on the weekdays, there is always something that needs to be done. My co-workers are positive influences who always guided me in the right direction when I approached them with a question/problem. The hardest part of my job would be my timing. I learned a lot about teamwork and responsibility. The most enjoyable part of my job would there isn't – more... much criticism that goes around. Most of your days, you will always look forward to showing up for work the next day. – less
Good company to work for but room for improvement
Lean Black Belt (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: excellent bonus structure and 401k matching
Cons: lack of moving out of old ways and paradigms
The company as a whole is very good. Some locations need to move beyond the old paradigms, this is how we have always done it, or we are good enough, and strive to get better everyday for the company to grow.
Great benefits, a lot of transition
HR Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 9, 2014
The company is constantly in transition, always restructuring. This creates a lot of insecurity. Other than that, it's a wonderful company, doing great things.
Good work environment
Production Team Member (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 8, 2014
Johnson Controls is very team oriented. We learned it takes the whole team working together to build a quality product.
Do not work at the Pulaksi plant
Shipping (Current Employee), Pulaski,TNSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management, too many bullies up front.
Vicious schedule walking on shells all day. The Company needs to make sure the culture is lived and not talked. Management not professional with a myopic view. Co workers not up to the standard making it difficult to do your job. The most enjoyable part of the job are the co workers. Management worries about spending and not the tools needed for the – more... employees. A lot of finger pointing between department managers. Not a manager in this plant that will admit they are wrong or have done something wrong. To many double standards. Rules and policies only apply to the hourly employees. There is too much politics and not enough leadership in this plant. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos