Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Found 1,891 reviews matching the search
Black people stay away
System technician (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 23, 2017
They give proper training to white people and provide scattered training to black people. That's just the way it is.They claim to not discriminate for race, but they will do so systematically.
Pros
looks are deceiving
Cons
pay is not great same for benefits. Black people are not welcome.
Solid and diversified company
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 23, 2017
I was the Service Manager with offices in Springfield, MO and Springdale, AR. My service team included 14 technicians who serviced our customers HVAC and Building Automation Systems.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMay 23, 2017
Great place to be apart of! The coworkers were like a family! The hours are good. They do a lot with the community, and for their workers! Enjoyed being apart of this company! Liked the way they showed appreciation for their workers!
Pros
appreciate their workers
Cons
Management was not fully involved
Excellent place for employment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 22, 2017
JCI is an extremely incredible environment they look out for there employees as well make sure they are physically taken care of health wise they have great benefits as well assistance for bettering your education
JIT Seat Supplier
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYMay 22, 2017
Johnson Controls is a well run company. The JIT environment is fast-paced and intense. I liked the pace. The expectations of management of the company were high.
Over all Great Place to work.
Detail Drafter (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 22, 2017
Over all Great Place to work.Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platform
Honest place to work
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 21, 2017
The best part of Hood Industries was the employees and supervisors. The employees and supervisors that I worked for were very honest and really helpful in teaching me the jobs.
Excellent
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 21, 2017
A group of manufacturing professionals that strive to provide the best in customer service throughout the organization. I was given the opportunity to grow as a professional with a lot of support from my managers and direct supervisors.
Pros
Excellent work envrionment
Fast pace
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 21, 2017
Fast pace wirk never stops you berly get any time to breathe you will get 2 15 minute brakees and a 30 minute lunch if you working more then 12 houers you will get another 10 minute brake
Pros
Overtime
Cons
To much overtime
an excellent company for a life long career choice
Journeyman to General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 20, 2017
Long standing company with worldwide opportunities, I have been able to add great experience to my resume. Johnson Controls offers a variety of work fields. They hold regular safety meetings within my particular area of expertise. As well as have available additional education for its team members.
Great pay but the work conditions are harsh.
Team Assembler (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALMay 19, 2017
Great pay.
Plenty of opportunities for overtime.
The outside temperatures affect inside conditions. (No air conditioners, or air circulation during summer) Extreme heat.
Concrete floors and standing are harsh on feet.
Hands can and will swell if handling heavy and small objects.
Pros
great pay and overtime
Cons
short breaks, extreme conditions with weather and feet problems.
Good job. Low wages
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIMay 18, 2017
Jci was a good job. If the pay was more reasonable i would never have left. Excellent management. Low overtime availability. Safe work environment. No real advancement opportunities.
Very Productive and fun place to work at.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 18, 2017
You will be put to the test but at the end of the day the people are nice and you learn something new every day. Great place to get your feet wet and learn new stuff.
decent company
Maintenance Technician and Utilities Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COMay 18, 2017
When I worked for them they were into the industrial maintenance and operations, but about 3 yrs ago they were bought out and are no longer into that part of the industry
Nice place to work
Saw Operator/Material Planner/Frame Assembler (Current Employee) –  Geneva, ALMay 17, 2017
This is a really nice place to work, the people work with you no matter what your circumstances are and the work is pretty fluid. I would recommend anyone who is looking for work apply here.
Opportunity
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 17, 2017
Very dirty environment, Lead and acid everywhere. Hours were fine but the heat..oh my god was unbearable sometimes

Not a bad place to work but watch the heat
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAMay 16, 2017
I love that we had goals to reach and that we reached them. They pay is very good and they have different types of work you can do! People are very easy to get along with!
Pros
They brought lunches
Cons
The long meetings
Terrible
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 16, 2017
Terrible place people dont care make u do everything long hour no advancement no raises dirty factory old machines like really old pervert employees terrible management
Demanding Environment
Systems Designer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 15, 2017
Great company but work is demanding and you're never done. It always a fire to put out so there is no work life balance. benefits ar great and the people are smart. I learned a lot.
High paying, if you can stay there.
Cast On Strap Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHMay 15, 2017
JCI is a very high paying job with plenty of opportunities to make money, so much in fact that they FORCE you to make money. It is very stressful and very high paced. Management will terminate your employment for very silly reasons however, so good luck staying employed until you can get into the union.
Pros
High paying
Cons
termination for dumb reasons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval