Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Found 2,064 reviews matching the search
Low pay and dirty work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 18, 2017
While employed at tyco they had issues with bed bugs and roaches that management was well aware of but refused to ever address. One positive thing about the job was everything they taught in training about the security business. Coworkers are nice for the most part, of course there is typical call center drama. Main issues was the pest problem
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Bedbugs infestation
Top Heavy Focus
Construction Administrator/Document Control (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 18, 2017
This global company is top heavy with VPs of all kinds. Restructuring with Tyco didn't help, more top level jobs added. Working remote really means remote on island by yourself. No orientation or proper onboarding. No development, just focus on getting the job done.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Comany focus on top level execs
Union and Management do not work together
WELDER MM&G (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 16, 2017
Management makes a very antagonistic working relationship between salaried and hourly employees. The work is nice but not the culture. Hourly employees will be written up in no time for something that salaried employees are allowed with no consequences.
productive teamwork environment
Temp Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INAugust 16, 2017
It was a joy to work as a temp secretary. Everyone was helpful and worked as a team. I would work there again if I were ever in the area. Nice little town.
Good company Poor pay
TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 16, 2017
Difficult to start life as an entry level . Job experience depends on what office you work. Employees sometimes compete among each other. Excellent work life balance and potential for good pay too
Advancement
Technology Refresh Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 16, 2017
It's ok here. Every job has its pros and cons at any company. Keep an open mind and do your work to the best of your ability. Seek out all training for your career to advance.
Was ok with job
Welder (Former Employee) –  Cadiz, KYAugust 15, 2017
Learned how to weld and was paid very well. The plant shut down and I had the opportunity to go to collage so I was never dissatisfied with the place.
I wouldn't mind working for this company again.
SYSTEMS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAAugust 14, 2017
Because of the energy management and fire alarm departments, some days you go to work and get dirty (or itchy from insulation) and some days your uniform stays clean. The best part of the job is the different customers and other contractors that you get to know and work with. I can't say much for the management that I've experienced knowing back then, but the management now, I believe, has much improved. The company provided vehicles for their technicians are much appreciated unlike cheapo companies that require their employees to use their own vehicle and even make them put a ladder on it!
Pros
The company provided vehicles really help out
Cons
Need to hire more system representatives
It's a great place to work although they have laid off quite a few people over the last few years.
National Field Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2017
Some times the pace is very quick. I like the fact that I had a group of technicians that I worked for in my region. We became friends. The morale boosters were great.. The pay and benefits were very good.
Amazeing career start
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 11, 2017
Working hard pays off here very family oriented. Workplace benefits are aell after hiredate. Its a fun enviorment to learn new work skills and social skills with a diverse amount of employees
Pros
Federal holidays off alot of overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Limited Growth
Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time with JC but the opportunities for advancement were very limited. I'm not sure if this was due to the company itself or the client..
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Opportunity
Johnson Controls
Convayor handler (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 10, 2017
the hardest part of the job was standing around when the machines broke down. the machines are old and need to be replaced. it was also very hot in the summer no air or fans, very cold in the winter no heat at all except in the bathrooms. even wearing multi layers it was very cold. and hard to work with multiple layer.
Cons
ensentive pay was terrible
Worker (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 10, 2017
Overall amazing people work there. There are some very high paying positions available if you meet the criteria. Managers are very friendly and company culture is fairly relaxed.
Pretty good job
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 9, 2017
They are moving to 8 hrs shifts only thing I don't like other than that it is a great job people are great there I'm just looking for a little more money
Warehouse job
BASE PLATE/ AC UNIT ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 9, 2017
Great place to work, long hours but the pay is worth every bit.. Love the breaks its just overall a great place to work the staff treats everyone equal.
A Walk in the Park
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 8, 2017
Johnson Controls is a relaxed environment focused on quality. Quantity is always a concern in all corporations. A tour of Johnson Controls will undoubtedly show you that the primary goal is to produce a quality product the first time through. Here fun and quality can go hand in hand.
Pros
Relaxed environment focused on quality
Cons
The facility required a larger City for greater success
I didnt find that they were a fair employer
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Eldon, MOAugust 8, 2017
Everyone worked through a temp service so they were let go at any given time. Sometimes a production line would move to a different factory resulting in the people on that line to get laid off. That is what happened in my case.
Pros
I like working the night shift
Cons
The chances of getting hired on full time werent always that great
Work schedule that allowed no home life. Very unorganized with a unhealthy work environment.
assembly/quality teardown (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 8, 2017
Typical day was spent either assembling or tearing down default parts. We continually worked 12 hour days 7 days a week allowing no home life. The employees were nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
good workforce
Cons
overwhelming schedule, no room for advancement
Not a bad place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAAugust 8, 2017
I was able to travel and attended several job training classes. The hardest part is the inability to move up. I wish there were more of an opportunity for vertical mobility.
Pros
free stuff
Highly motivated employee atmosphere to perform the best
Estimator and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 7, 2017
Loved every minute working for Johnson Controls Inc.. Great group of people and managers. Learned a great deal as far as controls and control estimating.
Pros
Wonderful group of employees to share work place ideas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.