Johnson Controls
1,406 reviews

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

Productive,very busy and management is fun to work with.
MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee), Florence,S CMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Free water, gatorades, and orange juice
Cons: Short breaks and healtcare benefits
The company is a very competitive job to have and you have to more jobs than one, loading trucks and unloading trucks. The hardest part of my job is loading the trucks.
Great People
Systems Sales Engineer Building Systems (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2015
Great company just not going in the direction I would like to see. Management isn't present and support isn't there. Work-life balance is great and the people are very nice.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
OXIDE MILL OPERATOR (Current Employee), Middletown, DEMarch 24, 2015
Pros: NO PROS
Cons: NO CONS
TYPICAL DAY AT MY IS THE CO WORKERS ARE VERY PLEASENT AND MY JOB IS FAIRLY EASILY SOME DAYS.
THE HARDEST PART OF MY JOB IS WORKING EVERY WEEKEND AND THAN I WORK ALONE IF SOMETHING HAPPEN TO ME THERE NOBODY AROUND BECAUSE I WORK IN THE BACK OF THE PLANT...
productive work place
assembly line (Current Employee), northwood, OHMarch 24, 2015
guaranteed hours, but not many career opportunities.But as far as hours and a paycheck every week a good place to work. co-workers are decent and friendly., hardest part of the job is not having much freetime, most enjoyable is the breakroom
Great pay and Benefits
Machine Operator-Group Leader (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOMarch 24, 2015
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat in the summer months.Great pay and benefits overall a good place to work.
Position eliminated with JCI
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTMarch 22, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: far from home
I was hired for a newly created position with JCI at JDSU Bloomfield, CT in November of 2014 and let go March 13, 2015 due to non approval of the budget to support my position.
This has been a great place of employment
Operations & Maintenance Specialist III, GSK (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 19, 2015
Pros: customers, wages, learning
Cons: r&d closing
I have been there since it opened in 1990. I have been a part of start-up of most of the r&d buildings. It has been a good learning experience . I have tried to take care of my GSK customers . I have been taking care of glassware, cage and rack , and sterilizers for ten years.
fun
Detail-forklift driver (Former Employee), toledo ohMarch 19, 2015
hard labor and easy. very fast past and smooth. the people are good to get alone with and the work is pretty much easy. I liked driving the forklift there. the employees greeted me with respect.
Very stable & organized, established world company. Shouldn't have ever resigned.
Fluid Engineer and Servicing (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: expenses paid, enjoyable enviroment, above avg. wages, co. vehicle.
Cons: some out of town work
Nice & enjoyable. Management skills, HVAC principals. Good. Nice/fun. Lots walking, on feet all day. Fun workers, but always got done under quote.
Empolyment
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Sycamore, ILMarch 16, 2015
Benefits and pay is very good with raises every 6 months but management sucks. A lot of last minute changes to your normal work routine.
Johnson Controls
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), alexandria, virginiaMarch 15, 2015
Loved working there, wish I never had to relocate back to PA, everyone was excellent to work with, managers were great

loved all the coworkers and the attitude was great
productive and a happy workplace
Assemby Line (Former Employee), Cottondale, ALMarch 13, 2015
Good people to work around and good work place...wouldn't going back. good production. basiclly it just a goo working place..
Production at Johnson Control
Team Leader (Current Employee), Clanton, ALMarch 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work will be overseeing a small group of employees making sure they work together as a team and getting productive quality parts to the customer. Working as a leader with management to make sure that I am being compliant with all rules, work instruction, safety, O&T, 5s, and etc.. and attending meetings that are set forth. The co-workers are very rewarding to be around and work with on a daily basis. Learning their different personality so that they can do the job to the best of their ability. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the different types of people and making good quality parts in a timely manner and learning the everything I can about being a good leader.
Fortune 500 Diversified, multi-industrial, multinational conglomerate
Lead Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 12, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Johnson Controls, Inc. It is diversified not only over multi-industries, but also at its culture vise. The management team is conservative, at the same time work hard to achieve continuous improvement.

As a Lead Financial Analyst at Johnson Controls' global headquarter, I have been given a lot of challenging and exciting projects, including global restructuring, global cash flow smoothing, budgeting, forecasting, and expat cost analysis.

If I do not need to move with my family, I will choose to keep working for Johnson Controls, Inc.
quality control specialist
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), West Point, GAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: low pay, and bad management
On a typical day at Johnson control, i would clock in at 2:30 pm grab my data log sheet and begin a inspection process of door panels for kia automobiles, i would search for scratches, dents, water marks, and off coloration and turn in a daily data sheet to my supervisor of my findings inspecting over 500 door panels per day 5 to 6 days per week, i leaned to do rework and keep data and do daily averages, and use tools special to the quality control field, there the management was undergoing changes therefor making times confusing, my co workers were great people that did a great job of training and making me feel like a part of the team, the hardest part of this job was the low pay bringing only 8.00 per hour, the most enjoyable part was the learning experience
Productive place of work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), West Point, GAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: set schedules
Cons: standing for long periods of time
Working at Johnson Controls you'll meet plenty of new people and even take company trips. You'll work pretty close to your co-workers so getting to know them won't be a problem at all. The hardest part of the job depends on where you are placed with in the factory. I can only speak for the placement of myself. With that being said, the hardest part for me was lifting the finished product up and moving them to be placed on the robots. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the day would go by fast with not many complaints.
i enjoyed working in the pipe fitting dept
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSMarch 11, 2015
a typical day at Johnson control were very busy ,installing air handler ,in coming up with problem solving trouble shooting
Industry Leader
Service Operations Agent (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 10, 2015
Pros: industry leader, fair compensation
Cons: poor work/life balance
I worked in an operational and sales capacity with Johnson Controls. I managed a team of HVAC mechanics and controls technicians daily. I also was involved with their sales team and process. Overall, my days were long and demanding and passed quickly. The management is very involved in everything that goes on daily.
Poor managemnet on att project 19 bosses in 17 years
Journeyman Facility Engineer (Former Employee), Des Plaines IlMarch 10, 2015
the worst part of job was being on call 24/7.
The best part being a self starter was no supervision.
I enjoyed using my troubleshooting skills to diagnose situations.
great coworkers - campus lacks in other area
Line Support/Material Handler (Current Employee), Holland, MIMarch 9, 2015
enjoy co-workers, on this campus upper management not so much. HR department in our building is not helpful and lacks interpersonal skills and a sense of the ppl working there.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos