Johnson Controls
1,199 reviews

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

Good place to work, met a lot of good people here
Commissioning Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: work truck, gas card, tools
Cons: healthcare, problems that trickle down to the field level.
At work I would be in Classrooms, Hospital rooms, Mechanical rooms, Office space, anywhere there were HVAC systems. It was my job to make the temperature in these areas comfortable. Really enjoyed working with my co-workers, we were diverse, different talent levels working together for one common goal, Success. Hardest part of my job was navigating – more... through some of the software in complicated programs, Best part of my job was meeting so many wonderful people on day to day basis, both workers and customers. – less
good company to work for
Process Analyst (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 20, 2014
Pros: benefit
Cons: little opportunities to advance
Good company, great benefits, learned a lot and look for opportunities to advance in customer service/analytics
great company to work for
Payroll Technician (Former Employee), Fort Irwin, CAOctober 20, 2014
great company to work for but it didnt pay that well, I enjoyed working with my coworkers
While at Johnson Controls
Labor Accounting Representative (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 14, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers & associates
Cons: long work hours (mandatory over time) and working weekends.
I've learned in great depth the rules & laws of processing weekly & semi-monthly payroll for U.S, Canada & Puerto Rico union & non-union employees. I assisted in processing the monthly union remittance reports for roughly 300 U.S unions, while also updating fringe & wage rates as necessary per the unions collective bargaining agreements.

I have constant – more... & regular interaction with our clients with answering roughly 800 phone calls and emails per month to answer questions regarding hours entered on employees time sheets, adjustments needing to be made to them, and other tax & deduction related inquiries. – less
Sourcing (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 13, 2014
Great place to work and allows for growth and challenges your abilities each day.
Production (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIOctober 11, 2014
Fun days at a job,keeps you busy,learned a lot about the process of making recliner seats,coworkers friendly,hardest thing to adjust to was not knowing when you get out of work.Most enjoyable thing is working and people being helpful if you needed anything.
Great job for twenty years
Tool Room Manager (Former Employee), Erie, PAOctober 11, 2014
Day shift, Work hard to accomplish each job. Attention to detail. A great bunch of people I got to meet and work with. Satisfaction of a good day at work when a job is completed and shipped on time.
fun enjoying life just whats the company will let u do
production/assembly (Former Employee), Cottondale, ALOctober 8, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunch
Cons: 15 minutes breaks
we worked about 12 hours aday.just do the best you can.pey attention and adjust.was rough but thats life.also help someone else out.how to keep up with production.learn from others .try and just be yourself.follow management rules inform them on things that arent right such as bad parts and equiptment fault.everybody has problems so willing to help – more... each other out do the best you can.at sometime everyone struggles somewhere.starting out learn what to do go from there.knowing you done very well on your job with a good feeling.being safe and then going home to your family. – less
Johnson Controls
HR Internship (Current Employee), McCalla, ALOctober 8, 2014
Good work environment
Friendly coworkers
Good management
Safe place to work
Good pay
Good benefits
Just about making money: no concern for employees
loperator (Former Employee), florence scOctober 8, 2014
Pros: frequent bonuses and lunch for training.
Cons: management sucks!!
Florence recycling center
This facility doesn't care about the concerns of the employees. When complaints are made they do nothing about it. It seems management loves gossip instead of handling things in a professional manner. It seems management is racist as well. They give positions to people of their choosing instead of going by proper policy and – more... procedures. This is very poorly managed facility. If you just need a decent paycheck and do not care how you are treated, this is the place to work. There is no accountability for management. All training is done on your day off. – less
fun and working hard
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Riverside, MOOctober 7, 2014
Pros: bonus
Cons: working holidays
Machine Operater seat build for ford motors and general motors fast past high volume
Johnson Controls is very good company to learn and improve yourself.
Project Manager/ Commercial Specialist Engineer (Former Employee), New York, New JerseyOctober 7, 2014
I did learned a lot from this Company about the HVAC and Controls. I do like the environment, people and management. I have a lot of fun with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the stress but this is more relay to the job. The PM job is very stressful. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is work with the people,
Excellant company
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fort Sam Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: loved working with all different types personalities
Cons: short term projects
Enjoyed my learning experience
Very busy assisting supervisors and contractors.
Hardest part of job was leaving after project was over.
The most enjoyable part was being able to be hands on and assist all supervisor.
Johnson Controls is a very good company to work for.
Fun and enjoyable
Operations Technician (Former Employee), Sycamore, ILOctober 6, 2014
Pros: excellent benifits
Cons: was no real garentee of a job
Had a great time working here for a right out of high school job
Principal Engineer- Global Quality
Principal Engineer, Global Quality (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2014
Pros: work with some great people. ability to use my knowledge, education and skills to perform some effective problem solving.
Cons: caught up in business restructuring
Responsible for up to 13 manufacturing facilitites globally. Facilitate at DMAIC problem solving meetings with the teams from the other plants which include Monterey and Durango Mexico, Guangzhou China, Sabadell Spain, Nantes France, York Pennsylvania, Hattiesburg Mississippi, etc.

Participated with the other manufacturing and quality teams in the – more... other locations to improve quality to reduce customer warranty, internal scrap and rework.

Advanced Quality- complete, review and approve Advanced Quality teams (Product Engineering) Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEAs) to identify risks with the design and mitigate the high risks using prevention such as design changes and Poka Yokes.

Help train the PPAP process with the other manufacturing facilities. Complete, review and approve PPAP submittals (Process Flow Diagrams, Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Control Plans, Operator Work Instructions, Capability Studies, Measurement Systems Analysis (Gage R&R), etc.

8D Corrective and Preventive Action Champion. – less
Interesting and challenging place to work
Electronics IT Support Team Manager (Former Employee), Holland, MIOctober 4, 2014
The work at Johnson Controls is what the individual wishes to make of it, so if advancement is what one desires there are always opportunities available.

The culture is one of active support and encouragement by the colleagues, with everyone working together towards a common goal.
ok
Strategic Procurement Intern (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 4, 2014
Massive management changes that hindered experience.
Massive management changes that hindered experience.
Component engineer
Senior Component/Quality Engineer (Current Employee), Holland MichiganOctober 3, 2014
Summary
19.5 years of experience working in technology, (component level design), Quality, (Extensive training from AIAG for APQP/PPAP including certification), TS16949, and business management fields.

Over this period I have trained employees, managed team members, written management justifications for authorizations and Procurement, and integrated – more... Data Management systems for greater efficiency.

For the last 7 years I have collaborated with a cross functional, global team to develop BoM review, PPAP review, and PCN review process moving from a CMM level 2 to level 4 over that period of time, (Effort recognized with a JCI Merit Award).
In the last 18 months I have focused on Kepner Tregoe, Six Sigma, (green belt training), problem solving, leading multiple projects and participating on several other crisis management teams as a Kepner Tregoe certified problem solving and decision making practitioner. – less
Great, enthusiastic working environment
Sr. Engineer\ Technologist (Current Employee), Roswell, GAOctober 1, 2014
My co-workers have made my commute into the office well worth it. I enjoy what I do and also enjoy my coworkers.
Productive with innovative ideas
Software Development (Former Employee), Holland, MISeptember 29, 2014
I had a great experience working with Johnson Controls. I worked as an software integrator and then a software developer. I worked on linux embedded system architecture and used C programming for software development.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos