Johnson Controls
1,270 reviews

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

UNSTABLE
battery deco (Former Employee), Middletown,DEDecember 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: unstable
they hire you.You fill out all the paperwork and wait for an orientation date...then they call you and say they didn't forget about you that production was slow and then never hear from them again.....
Customer focused position leading to increased profit
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Arlington Heights, ILDecember 22, 2014
I work with a number of different verticals - Big Box Retailer, Industrial, School Districts, Higher Education, and Government Facilities.

-Internal Process improvements to increase the speed and efficency of our procedures.
-Aquire new business through referrals and internal networking
-Increase accuracy of customers performance
-Register customers – more... annually for Demand Response Programs that are offered by the Electric Utility Companies
-Manage a team of up to 15 people on implementing energy efficiency projects
-Frequently involved in management trainings and decision making – less
Satisfing work with wonderful customers.
Refrigeration Tech Contractor at GlaxoSmithKline (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: heavy on call rotation - every 3 weeks
My job includes PM and repairs of various lab and kitchen equipment. The customer relationships I have built keep me focused on being the best employee I can be. I truly enjoy the relationship with my 2 coworkers.
A fast paced and great place to work and implement effective strategies.
Production & Global Warranty Returns Supervisor (Former Employee), Erlanger, KYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: clean and well run coorporation
Cons: job was moved to reynosa, mexico
I spent a lot of time with JCI as a Production Supervisor as well as the Global Warranty Returns Manager.

I used lean manufacturing and Six Sigma process improvement strategies and implemented them to cut down on any waste and raise our productivity.

I also evaluated many employees and set employee and departmental goals.
Good company with good pay but limited advancement opportunities
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Holland, MIDecember 18, 2014
Pros: fast paced enviornment, big company, developing team members.
Cons: stopped promotion of anyone without a degree and changing management.
Typical day includes having a hand off from the previous shift, using that information to communicate to your team at the beginning of the shift and provide any training necessary. Throughout the day you manage all key measures, schedule the production, troubleshoot issues, and address any people issues. Management changes are constant. I worked with – more... some of the most dedicated people that had great knowledge in their field. The hardest part of the job is JCI has eliminated promotions if you do not have a degree. The most enjoyable part of the job is working together with a great team to better yourself an the company. – less
Great place to work!
Regional Systems Project Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore and surrounding areasDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great benifits and company training available.
Cons: 30 mile commute in direction of rush hour traffic.
The only issue with working for them in the position I was in was the amount of work they expected you to perform. I sometimes had 16 to 18 projects going at the same time. It was a little overwhelming at times. Management did provide assistance when needed.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Sparks, MDDecember 17, 2014
Working at Johnson Controls gave me a tremendous amount of experience in my career that I am grateful for. This company embrace employee concern, development and most certainly promotes from within.
supply ford was a lab tech
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee), Shelbyville, KYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: high pay rate, buy dinner for workers great benefits
Cons: some months work lot of overtime 70 hrs week
I would layout parts for company,calibrate the machinery that day,management was involed went need it was a team environment
great job
Line worker (Former Employee), Middletown, DEDecember 12, 2014
great job, just no days off
i learned how to make batteries
management was excellent
my co workers we fun to work with
hardest part of the job was staying awake on 3rd shift
the most enjoyable part of the job was the pay
Good people and excellent coworkers
Senior Product Success Manger (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: parking
JCI is overall a really good place to work. My co workers are awesome.
Interesting work.
Compliance Specialist - Paralegal (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 11, 2014
Pros: flex hours
Cons: not enough work
I was trained in compliance investigation methods and used a variety of search engines. I also was trained in the management system by Oracle.
Worked for Johnson for 11 years.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
I manage the operation and maintenance for buildings, grounds, and manufacturing machinery at the facility, and work assignments for building technicians, vendors, and contractors.
I also manage the facilities within the prescribed budget, and coordinate all work assignments among building technicians, vendors, and contractors.
not for everyone
Quality technician - (pm) (Former Employee), largoDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 20 minute lunchbreak
Cons: by your own health care
very hot environment no air condition very little for advancement.
productive and fun workplace where everyone is friendly
Assembler/Welder (Former Employee), Largo, FLDecember 10, 2014
Pros: lots of free lunches from the company, holiday at work.
Cons: short breaks, hot weather.
work begins with an interesting safety meeting everyday no exceptions. safety is the main priority. I learned a lot about assembly line work there also motor assembly. management was good to us, monthly seniority meetings with plaques passed out for years of service. well mixed group of co workers, peurto Ricans are the best. the hardest part of the – more... job for me was lifting the heaters to the units on the assembly line. most enjoyable part of the job was wiring motors. – less
Fast Paced and Demanding but Vast and Interesting
Sales Engineer (Current Employee), Syosset, NYDecember 4, 2014
Pros: solid industry, fair salary, advancement opportunities, global company, 401k contribution
Cons: customer base, health benefits
Over the course of my career at Johnson Controls I have learned an enormous amount about the HVAC industry. It has tremendously enhanced my skills in researching and problem solving as well as my ability to work with a team.

As a salesman my duties range from pricing up new opportunities to lending assistance to our operations team for jobs already – more... sold. My previous position in the company as a project engineer enables me to assist the operations team a great deal.

My days consist of visiting customers and constantly fielding phone calls and emails for pricing while managing on going jobs with customers. The hardest part of it all is trying to field the vast amount of requests I receive. Sometimes I will get requests for pricing on 10 jobs and I will have to review each one of them to only find that 2 of them are actual opportunities for me to work on. However, my favorite part of my job is using my technical knowledge to answer technical questions customers have and really provide them with the help they need.

The people I work with are extremely friendly and since I have been with the company a while, they are practically family. I definitely enjoy working for Johnson Controls. – less
deliver parts to the line
inventory control (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2014
I knew how many parts and when to deliver the parts to the line every 30 mins so production would not stop
Good company to work for.
Bristol Myers Squibb Receptionist (Former Employee), Devens, MaDecember 1, 2014
Working for Johnson Controls Inc. as the receptionist for the Bristol Myers Squibb site in Devens Ma, was a great job.

The most satisfying part of being the receptionist was greeting and assisting the guests and employees.
Fun environment to work
Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 28, 2014
Pros: health insurance, workout/excersise facility, on-site cafeteria
Cons: dated technology, cramped workspace
The daily work routine is anything but routine. Each day brings a new experience. Management encourages you to bring your own ideas to the table and co-workers keep things fun and inviting keeping the team atmosphere.
Great large company, bad leadership, and bad forecasting
Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 24, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement, work from home, flexible
Cons: old school
The company overall is solid, but there are many inefficiencies and poor management choices that have JCI lagging behind the competition. Management is hit or miss. People are put into manager roles that should not be managers. Things are slow moving. Approvals take forever. The employees are very friendly and hard working.
For the most part....JCI is s good, solid company to work for
Sr. Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 23, 2014
Pros: jci as a company has good benefits, holiday schedule and vacation time
Cons: mgmt plays favorites and can be very back stabbing
The company has a good relationship with the people and being a good partner in the community.

Mgmt is a little back-stabbing and has a tendency to have favoritism in their decision making with employee advancement and career path.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos