Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

Found 2,073 reviews matching the search
Great product, impersonal management staff.
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 22, 2017
Large company, impersonal. Great product , poor management.Loved what I did and the people I interacted with,but the management and supervisory team were cold and unsupportive.
Good company to learn from
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INAugust 21, 2017
Lots of good training and experience.

Work environment is very noisy. I lost my hearing, working in Goshen.

Difficult to be effective.

Great Learning experience. Working at this company made me exceptional.

Able to grow yourself as you wanted to.

Growth for 5 years. until decision to move to Mexico drove priorities.

Perfected product lines died in Mexico.

Some Managers were bullies.

Workforce was good to work with.

suicide

Future plans ended without options.

Plant is closed
Pros
Good evironment to learn from.
Cons
Management killed the future of a very prosperous plant. Plant is closed.
Over all good
Web Sphere System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2017
Great people around, different ethnicity, work environment is nice, management are friendly. Over all great experinence. Learning atmosphere also nice.
Productive work place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAAugust 21, 2017
Johnson Controls is a privately owned company in which they produced car seats for the Kia Plant. I enjoyed my time at Johnson Controls and wouldn't mind working there again
enjoyed working there
Lead System Specialist (LSS) (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 21, 2017
very good place to work good benefits. i enjoyed working there. t really enjoyed the people I worked with very much that's what made it a great place to work.
Pros
good benifits
Contingent Worker (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, PAAugust 21, 2017
I have nothing to review for this employer as I have worked as a contingent employee. With this, I basically work 40 hours per week with no leave (personal or holiday)
Good working environment
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 20, 2017
The work is challenging, the people are excellent.It is a hot work environment but you get used to it. This place has one of the best safety cultures I have been around.I have learned alot here and the best part is being engaged with the people on the floor.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Heat
recently merged with Tyco
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 20, 2017
still working out the kinks with Tyco/SimplexGrinnell 70 B in annual sales, Multiple divisions with significant market penetration in USA and globally.
family oriented
Systems Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 19, 2017
Working hard pays off, very family oriented company. It is a fun work environment with diverse employers. Great growth opportunities and morale boosters.
Low pay and dirty work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 18, 2017
While employed at tyco they had issues with bed bugs and roaches that management was well aware of but refused to ever address. One positive thing about the job was everything they taught in training about the security business. Coworkers are nice for the most part, of course there is typical call center drama. Main issues was the pest problem
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Bedbugs infestation
Top Heavy Focus
Construction Administrator/Document Control (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 18, 2017
This global company is top heavy with VPs of all kinds. Restructuring with Tyco didn't help, more top level jobs added. Working remote really means remote on island by yourself. No orientation or proper onboarding. No development, just focus on getting the job done.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Comany focus on top level execs
Union and Management do not work together
WELDER MM&G (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 16, 2017
Management makes a very antagonistic working relationship between salaried and hourly employees. The work is nice but not the culture. Hourly employees will be written up in no time for something that salaried employees are allowed with no consequences.
productive teamwork environment
Temp Secretary (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INAugust 16, 2017
It was a joy to work as a temp secretary. Everyone was helpful and worked as a team. I would work there again if I were ever in the area. Nice little town.
Good company Poor pay
TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 16, 2017
Difficult to start life as an entry level . Job experience depends on what office you work. Employees sometimes compete among each other. Excellent work life balance and potential for good pay too
Advancement
Technology Refresh Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 16, 2017
It's ok here. Every job has its pros and cons at any company. Keep an open mind and do your work to the best of your ability. Seek out all training for your career to advance.
Was ok with job
Welder (Former Employee) –  Cadiz, KYAugust 15, 2017
Learned how to weld and was paid very well. The plant shut down and I had the opportunity to go to collage so I was never dissatisfied with the place.
I wouldn't mind working for this company again.
SYSTEMS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cypress, CAAugust 14, 2017
Because of the energy management and fire alarm departments, some days you go to work and get dirty (or itchy from insulation) and some days your uniform stays clean. The best part of the job is the different customers and other contractors that you get to know and work with. I can't say much for the management that I've experienced knowing back then, but the management now, I believe, has much improved. The company provided vehicles for their technicians are much appreciated unlike cheapo companies that require their employees to use their own vehicle and even make them put a ladder on it!
Pros
The company provided vehicles really help out
Cons
Need to hire more system representatives
It's a great place to work although they have laid off quite a few people over the last few years.
National Field Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2017
Some times the pace is very quick. I like the fact that I had a group of technicians that I worked for in my region. We became friends. The morale boosters were great.. The pay and benefits were very good.
Amazeing career start
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 11, 2017
Working hard pays off here very family oriented. Workplace benefits are aell after hiredate. Its a fun enviorment to learn new work skills and social skills with a diverse amount of employees
Pros
Federal holidays off alot of overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Limited Growth
Operating Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time with JC but the opportunities for advancement were very limited. I'm not sure if this was due to the company itself or the client..
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
Opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.