Johnson Controls
1,368 reviews

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

Good Company
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 1, 2015
Good company - large room for advancement. Good benefits. not fully secure as many jobs are currently being sent to other countries
Productive and active place of employment.
Team Leader/Squad Leader (Current Employee), McCalla, ALMarch 1, 2015
A typical day at work is to come in and check the production floor. Make sure all areas are cleaned. Check to see what machines will run on my shift. Assign workers to their stations.
I have learned how to run an automotive facility. I have learned new ways and techniques of how to work automotive machinery.
Most of the management will help you whenever they can and provide assistance when necessary.
Most of my coworkers are excellent workers that care about their jobs. They care about their jobs and livelihood. The only hard part of the job is working seven days a week, every week without any off days. The most enjoyable part of the job is that most of my coworkers work together and not against each other.
Great Place to work
Service Operations Agent Assistant (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LaFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: awesome company
Cons: commute
I love Johnson Controls and have been here for 5 years. However, I am currently living and working in two separate cities and need to be closer to home.
Fast paced company during immense growth of 90's
Plant Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, TNFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: intimate with products, booming company
Cons: corp. purchasing and corp. manufacturing not on same page, vertical integration or not, develop or purchase, more money could be made!
Very good experience, good team work, high volume assembly with over 100,000 power seat mechanisms shipped daily and over 1M components arriving daily. Became expert at power adjuster DC motor assembly, transmission assembly, metal slide adjusters and function testing. Interfaced with excellent team of design engineers in Plymouth MI, travelled to many OEM customer locations to review problems in US, Mexico, Europe. Johnson Controls stock split 2x while working at JCI, has split once since leaving - keep up the good work guys!
Good Employer
Operations and Maintenance Specialist III (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 24, 2015
Self directed job, maintained 35 buildings for AT&T. Eastern Wa Job was deleted from company. Good Company. Good bosses.
Normal work place...
Contract Employee (Current Employee), Plymouth MIFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: not enough work
my typical work day consist of almost daily meetins with Ford of Mexico reviewing Notices. Making sure that the tasks from the prior meeting are being accomplished.
Completing bump charts,updating CAD to be delivered to Ford through their Team Center.
I like my job, but do not care for the way the company is going. Replacing current workers with workers from India....The company's goal is to have 4 workers from India for every one american...
Management is focused on the dollar and not the quality of work....
Internal Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 22, 2015
Johnson Controls is a great place to work. I've had the chance to take on a lot of exciting opportunities within the company that have given me a lot of great experience. Also, I've had the pleasure of working with some really great people. I highly recommend Johnson Controls as a place to work.
Good people, good benefits
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Frederick, MdFebruary 22, 2015
Good people, good benefits, excellent work environment, ongoing training program positive experience. Job work/ life balance very viable with this company.
Repetitive work not extremely hard work but very long days
Production/Material Handler (Current Employee), Sycamore, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Typical day consists of rotation between 4-6 different work stations throughout day, standing to assemble a specific part to a car seat.
Management as well as union are very poorly run and don't seem to have the employee's interest at the forefront which gets frustrating at times. Majority of employees work as a team to help each other.
Long hours (12hr) are probably hardest park of job.
Requirements
Operator (Former Employee), Canby, ORFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: multiple tasks at one time
C.O.S. (Cast on Strapping) Operator
• Loaded positive plates into C.O.S. machine
• Checked temperatures of the lead filled molds.
• Maintenance on machines and checked for a factory quality product.
Staff made it worth going to work!
Northeast Region Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Lynnfield, MAFebruary 18, 2015
The work load was greater than the compensation. Expectations and achievements were not acknowledged by the senior management. It was a great place to learn to juggle multiple duties at one time. The management did not recognize the importance of "real life" situations that occur outside the work place.
Fun work environment
Property Coordinator (Former Employee), philippinesFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: healthcard
Cons: graveyard shift
We basically did the same thing. We are to call the third party vendor and facilities manager to ensure that all works has been met in due time.
Great opportunities & overwhelming work environment place.
Engineering Liaison (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: access company vehicles, company travel/ quality meetings
Cons: long work weeks, short vacation time/ new production launches
Mutable repairs and responsibilities. I work with Adventurist and hard-working co-workers. And the hardest thing of my job is when I've not Completed a work task.
Great place to work with much room for advancement
Electrical Installer/Tech/Programmer (Former Employee), Plymouth, MNFebruary 16, 2015
Typical day would consist of field applications, installs, updates, programming, system balancing, and maintenance of HVAC systems.

I learned a wide variety of valuable traits within the mechanical industrial and commercial trades

Management was good and well qualified

Co-workers were great individuals to work with. Each had very good things to offer the company.

The hardest part of the job would be overcoming daily obstacles to complete work in a timely fashion. Working in an industry that includes working around and with many different contractors and companies, you would sometimes get in the way of each others daily work.

The most enjoyable part about this job was the freedom of self management. You were given a job, and needed to oversee and complete the projects in a timely fashion with very little or without any supervisor overhead.
Johnson Controls review
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee), West Point GeorgiaFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: travel available
Cons: health care
Johnson Controls was a excellent company to work for. The quality coworkers and administrative workers were a excellent team to work with.The management team was also very supportive and i learned a lot from them.
Johnson Controls isnt a good job
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: pay was just acceptible, assembly line employees work together
Cons: yelling bosses, mad bosses, bosses wont help
When I was working at Johnson Controls the bosses try to push you to work as fast as you can. They would get upset when they couldn't get you to work harder. When you was already working at your fastest pace.
Good company
Marketing/Communications Technical Writer (Current Employee), York, PAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: forward thinking
Cons: somewhat top-heavy
One of the better places to work in York PA. I've been here for over 20 years. I have come up through the ranks, earning me the title of mustang.
My Johnson Controls Job
Service Operations Agent (Former Employee), Metairie, LAFebruary 13, 2015
I was working 10-12 hour days and with 2 little ones at home I decided I needed to be home for them more. Looking for something with 40 hours with max OT of 5 hours. I learned a lot in my 15 years with the company. In 2005 management changed and things became crazy with lack of office workers which lead to all the OT. The hardest part of my job was leaving for work while my little ones were sleeping and coming home with them already in bed. At the office the hardest part was the lack of consistent managerial decisions. They would have us pull up/create reports for financial reasons and while working diligently to gather information that became less important, they would switch gears on us and we'd have to start over on pulling up/creating different type's of reports. That was aside from running our teams, creating our schedules and communicating with our customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers/friends I made over my 15 years with the company. Us working together to try to deliver management request.
THE WORST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD! MANGEMENT IS POOR. THE HR ISNT ANY HELP. THEY ARE LIARS THE PLANT MANGER IS RACIST!
Analytical Lab Tech Team Leader (Former Employee), FLORENCE SCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: its a job!
Cons: everything!
THE WORST PLANT EVER! VERY RACIST TOWARDS BLACKS! THIS PLACE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO MOVE UP! THEY KEEP YOU DOWN! THEY LIE ABOUT PAY! THE HR DEPARTMENT IS A JOKE! THEY CANT KEEP ANY GOOD WORKERS BECAUSE OF NOT ENUFF PAY!
productive and fun place to work.
Sr. Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: we were trusted to do our jobs without micro management.
Scope of work was different day to day.
Learned something new all the time, lots of equipment!!!
management could have been better!
co-workers were easy to work with.
being one of two mechanics the hardest part was making sure everything ran as expected!
Customer satisfaction was the most enjoyable part of my job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos