Johnson Controls
1,505 reviews

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

a great place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYJune 2, 2015
Pros: everything, pay, job and people
Cons: closure of the plant
JCI is what started my carrier in maintenance. i will always be grateful for the opportunity they gave me and the funding for my education. For the most part all the machinery was unified and alway up to date. my maintenance team members where very knowledgeable and fun to work with, i learned a lot by working with them my managers where supportive and fare. the hardest part of my job would have to be the bi-anual paint line PM. most enjoyable would have to be the people i worked around and with
It was a wonderful experience but i needed more than a temporary job. I'm looking for a permanent position full time.
Assembly Line (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJune 1, 2015
Everyday I did the same thing I help run the line at a fast pace doing quality inspection at the same time. I got faster each day and I loved what I was doing as far as being part of a team that helped build trucks and jeeps. I worked with wonderful people that became family. The hardest part of my job was not having a set time to get off because I was unable to plan any appointments. The most enjoyable part of the day was clock out time.
Great learning opportunity, staff and campus.
Operations and Maintenance Specialist, Level 2 (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria, coastal location
Cons: A full year of graveyard shifts
A day working for JCI could be both enjoyable and frustrating. While there was a lot of equipment to learn about and work on at our site, my coworkers kept me out of the loop. What I did learn, I read from manuals and received information from sub-contractors working on the equipment. What I did learn was how to monitor for proper readings, basic maintenance and repair, some HVAC operation and repair, how to monitor, operate and make adjustments on the building automation system, small motor repair/replacement, and assorted preventive maintenance. Management wasn't very helpful with getting me training and work experience, but they kept me busy nonetheless. The hardest part of my job was the struggles I had with getting work experience, training, and open lines of communication with the JCI team. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I did get an opportunity to learn something new about the site equipment. Another enjoyable aspect was interacting with the building tenants and other sub-contractors. I had a great working relationship with both groups and enjoyed assisting and working with them. Overall, despite the tribulations I was up against during my employment with JCI, I did manage to make the most of my time there. What I did learn, I fully intend to follow up with either training classes on my own time or to incorporate it into my next position.
Fun place but hard work
Launch Coordinator (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMay 30, 2015
Pros: Good money, good job security
Cons: hard physical labor
I worked here for over 12 years. It's hard work but I enjoyed working with everyone there. We became a family and watched each others kids grow up.
If you keep to yourself and not let anyone in, you might succeed. Get the money going in because you will not get it later.
techician (Former Employee), Plymouth, MIMay 27, 2015
While on the surface Johnson controls is a good company to work for they take as much as possible and give back as little as they can.
Employees are two-faced and will stab you in the back at the first opportunity if it gets them further up the ladder.
Anyone who makes too much noise will find themselves unemployed.
Productive and eventful
machine operator (Former Employee), West Point, GAMay 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
It's a learning experience. But they have very good trainers. Depending what management has you doing by default can vary the experience; each job has its difficulty. Just pay attention to have quality with speed and all will be well.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Receptionist/ SECRETARY (Current Employee), Wilson, NCMay 27, 2015
At Johnson Controls I learned how to be Team player and work with great people. This job is an easy job not to hard.The manager is a sweet lady to work under.
fun place to work
Line Operator (Former Employee), West Point, GAMay 27, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: healthcare
Wished the hours were better, store manager wasn't fair as she should have been, not enough training, a lot of different characters. You got to have good customer service skills.
production supervisor
Advance Staffing Contract Employee (Current Employee), Holland, OHMay 27, 2015
Cons: no overtime, no paid holidays
Accepted position through a temp agency with the understanding of full time employment with JCI after 90 days. I was told recently that the position is always going to be temporary. No overtime, no Paid holidays.
They make you feel as though you are just about to become an employee but it never pans out!
Very good internship
Supply Chain Intern (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 26, 2015
Pros: Paid Lunches
Cons: Sometimes bored
The best part about the internship was the quality of talent of my co-workers. It helped me learn the ins and outs of how to work well in a supply chain. They also pay well.
high school meets work
Operator (Former Employee), Georgetown, KYMay 21, 2015
Pros: hours, money
Cons: job was straining, atmosphere
Lots of management issues. There where too many bosses and not enough people to do the jobs. The work its self was straining on your hands and upper arms. There was a lot of inappropriate things that happened at that place,
group leader in the areas of utilities and coordinator shutdown, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance.
Utilities Group Leader (Current Employee), PRMay 21, 2015
Active Utilities Group Leader
• Daily and shutdown group activities coordination
• Coordinator outside contractors works • Coordinator PM + CM activities with production supervisors

Operation and Maintenance of Industrial Equipments and Systems
• Water and Air Cool Chillers
• Cooling Towers
• Clean Steam
• Potable Water System
• Boilers
• AHU • Fire System (PIV, Raiser)
• Re-Heat System
• Generating System
• Exhaust Fan
• Air Compressor
A revolving door upper management team, allways changing.
Senior Quality Manager-Weld shop (Former Employee), Waynesboro, PAMay 21, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: Work is being sent to Mexico.
A revolving door upper management team, always changing.
Very motived in the work
Principal Tech Engineer - New Technologies (Current Employee), Plymouth, MIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Open communication, freedom and team spirit
Cons: Innovation is not as important as claimed.
Main responsibilities are the technical scouting and project initiation to completeness with regard to the development of understanding and application of innovative materials. This brings me into a wide open and excited world in the metallurgy of ferrous and nonferrous materials.
Management team is very supportive with good vision and open communication.
Co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
Hardest part of the job is to implement the technology innovations in materials and processes into the JCI products.
Most enjoyable part is to scout and develop the innovative technologies and implement into the products
Can be fun work environment
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Holland, MIMay 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunch sometimes and fast advancement
Cons: The people who work here
Work load is never consistent but can be a fun place to work. I enjoy learning about the batteries we produce here and being given the opportunity to get promoted within and gain more quality experience.
a pretty decent company to work for but it is all about them,mandatory overtime since august no time for a life
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Largo, FLMay 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch once a month if no injuries
Cons: no personal life
go in do work, how to run a variety of machines,manangement does not talk to employees very much, co workers are pretty friendly,standing in one place for 10 to 12 hrs per day
Its a productive and hard working place with great benifits.
Production Operator (Former Employee), West Point , Ga 31833May 18, 2015
Its a fast paced and hard working place. I've learned to always put safety first. The management seems to care about their employees, and the co-workers are friendly and wiling to help out when needed.
The hardest part of my job was to rotate behind a co-worker who couldn't keep up. The most enjoyable part was keeping everyone motivated and pushing them to make production.
great place to work
Booth Sprayer (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 18, 2015
I pointed out of this place due to automotive struggles. Would love to still work there. Excellent benefits with great pay in this economy.
Great Company
HVAC Service Technician/System Controls for VT (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 18, 2015
Best Company I ever worked for. Well organized and precise management The best was freedom to run contracts as your own business.. Co-workers helped on what ever you had an issue with.
ughh
Production Worker (Former Employee), Norwood, OHMay 16, 2015
Cons: failure to do anything about harassment
Good place to make money but as far as HR if you are a temp you can get fired quick. They will do nothing about harassment. its very sad

1 2 3 4 5

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Salaries