Johnson Controls
1,319 reviews

Johnson Controls Employer Reviews

It is very nice company and very nice colleagues to work with.
Sr. Oracle DBA (Current Employee), milwaukee wiJanuary 27, 2015
The day one when i went to Johnson controls.I need to gone through database issues which are about servers,configuration that's the typical day i felt.

I learnt many things in this perticular job ,i was excited everyday
By far my favorite job.
Forklift operator and assembly line worker (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: hours, great pay, benefits, teamwork
Co-workers were hard working and used team work.

Atmosphere was like a family unit.

Learned to drive Forklifts and learned what team work was all about.

Management worked with employees.

Hard work but I enjoyed it.
Productive and nice place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: made good money
Cons: worked 7 days a week 14-16 hours
Was being over the Door Assembly area where we made sure we made quality doors for KTP at all times. Overseeing Operators, checking their attendance using Kronos. Dealing with disciplinary issues.
Overall Amazing Experience
Paid Summer Internship (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LouisianaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: i was off on weekends and i received a lot of networking.
Cons: n/a
I absolutely could not have picked a better first job. I loved everything I did at work. Johnson Controls is a company of many trades, but my favorite is the HVAC area. I worked with amazing individuals. My day was filled with a lot from analyzing the HVAC systems of the Acension Parish School system to field visits at Louisiana State University.
great money and benefits but not worth my time
Production/Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 26, 2015
you will not be able to move up within this company and i spent almost 3 years there for nothing i had no time for me or my family, although the money and the benefits are good its still not worth it.
A very stable work enviroment
Back up for Copy Center Lead person, Customer (Former Employee), Middletown & West Chester OhioJanuary 26, 2015
Johnson Controls/AK Steel was a enjoyable place to work. There was room for advancement in all departments. The people was very diverse,
product lines are moving to Mexico
Plant Supervisor / Manager (Current Employee), Waynesboro, PAJanuary 24, 2015
To start with they forgot to tell me when I was hired that productions lines were going to be moved to Mexico. 6 months after I was here the a meeting was heald to let use know we were losing our jobs. Little to no comminacation sense.
Great Place to work and Excellent Benefits
Senior Business Technologies Consultant (Former Employee), NC SC FL AL TN GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great salary, 401k, health/vision/dental/car allowance/cell/laptop/supplies - experience gained !
Cons: restructuring company -
JCI is a great place to work with excellent benefits. JCI has some recent business building efficiency challenges to overcome as the company is doing some continued headcount and regional changes that are required to meet their business needs for FY15(2015).

The dynamics of the company and shift will benefit their financial bottom line. Some of the most challenging parts of working in the company are the current changes and restructuring of the regions and employee headcount.

In time, their will be a balance as it relates to this challenge. A new consolidation methodology was recently done so it will take a few years to visualize the results of those decisions from corporate.

The most enjoyable part of working at JCI is the overall culture in the regional and national roles, open workflow, and flexibility to travel working face to face with customers, consultants, VAR's, Alliance partners and owners to bring true bundled solutions selling technologies in a low risk delivery model to market.
Great Company!
Production Control Inventory Analyst (Former Employee), Fullerton, CAJanuary 23, 2015
Always busy because production was 24/7. Hard working people and many people started and ended their careers at JCI.
friendly people to work with
Maint Tech (Former Employee), San AntonioJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: breaks are interrupted often and not recognized as a neccesity
Many improvements done at one time - overwhelming when adequate help is thin. heading in the right direction with minimal staff. The team culture needs improved and is not working as intended. Maintenance Department has few senior guys and no one there longer than 3 yrs.
Overall great place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), West Union, SCJanuary 23, 2015
The company is really great to work for with many opportunities to be able to advance. Once they see that you are a hard worker and want a chance to help the company be something great the doors will open up for you to become whatever it is you are looking for.
No culture for quality
hard worker (Current Employee), Holland, OHJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: nice break room.
Cons: junky old equipment and poor maintenance. quality poor
Very few effective quality checks. Revolving door employment. Work in silos. Little care for what goes out the door in terms of quality products because its all production numbers to meet shipments. Hate going to work each day.
Productive fast paced enviroment
Assembly / Inspection (Current Employee), DeKalb, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Johnson Controls is a company that works together to ensure the satisfaction of partnered suppliers or customers. We have a large friendly team and have come together as a big family of "JCI". A day at Johnson Controls can consist or numerous job functions having that hands on experience. The devotion of keeping our companies ratings and reviews at a high is what keeps us coming back!
Fast paced, customer driven
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: knowledgable staff
Cons: management
Fast paced. You must remain flexible at all times. I've learned how a Pharma company operates. The management staff is inexperienced at managing people.
Positive work place/ good cross training
Generalist 4 (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexable hours/ paid vacation and sick time/ good management
Cons: communication and sometimes employees were misunderstood
Typical work day consisted of doing preventative maintenance on broken things around the intel site and completing work orders submitted by intel employees. Learned alot about making repairs on doors, carpet lighting, plumbing and electrical. The management was average but did try and help out thier employess as much as possible. The Co-workers are a good team of people that are very helpful and knowledgable. The hardest part of the job would be trying to complete certain jobs by a deadline in a timley manner and being safe. The most enjoyable part of the job is always learning new things on how to do the job better and expanding your knowledge of new things you dont know.
challenging, new learning experience
Materials planner (Former Employee), MexicoJanuary 20, 2015
for the areas that I worked working close to the plant manager was a privilege and experience, levels of stress due to deadlines to be met were just part of daily work. Punctuality, organization and communication skills to plan meetings with corporate and staff was always a new experience that involved to be focused, and paying attention to detail and efficiency. From my boss I leaned his management skills , I respected his assertiveness and learned his patience, and kindness which made me learn that to be the boss is not always to be mad and rude but to be proactive and who empowered others to progress and playing as a team.. I overall enjoyed this job.
Production
Deco/Battery Operator (Former Employee), Florence, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: 30 min breaks
Cons: 12 hour shifts
It was a good job over all... I love it because I caught on to every job faster then I thought I would and management was excellent.
Interesting job in customer service
Customer Service Dispatcher (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: wanted to do accounting
Worked with customers with issues with their HVAC systems. Scheduled appointments, visited sites. Responsible for 24 mechanics and technicians (knowing where they were, what they were working on, if they could be pulled from one spot to another)
Worked overnight New Year's Eve 1999-2000 in preparation of any problems with Y2K
Great place to work. Learned alot and made advacements in my career.
Materials and Production (Former Employee), Riverside, MO.January 16, 2015
Pros: there are a lot of vacation day and often there are free lunch and t shirt give aways.
Cons: i was there for a longtime and needed a change.
Work at JCI for 19yrs. Great people and great environment to work.
Loved my job working with the public
mobile tech (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: meeting new people everyday
Cons: alot of travel
I learned a lot of lighting skills and got to learn new things I could do everyday.

1 2 3 4 5

About Johnson Controls

Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings – Read more

Johnson Controls Photos