Johnson Controls Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,455 reviews matching the search
Decent company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 26, 2016
Very fast paced environment, culture needs some work, turnover rate is very high, temps make up a high percentage of employees. Very little support on the off shifts
Ok
Advanced Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 24, 2016
Good people. Management holes. Easy to get forgotten. Lots of opportunities for others. Positions in hardware and software. Continues to grow. That's it.
Productive work area with ping pong tables, and nice vending machines.
Production (Current Employee) –  4101 nw mattox rdAugust 18, 2016
Working at Johnson controls is what you make it, if you go in with a lazy attitude you're going to have a bad day. If you go in with a easy mindset you'll potentially have a good day. You learn how to communicate with other people. You learn how to work with other people as well. Management does there best to insure that all co-workers have an easy and safe work day shift as possible. The co-workers are fairly nice and corporatized in a days of work. As I mentioned previously coming into work sets the motion of your day. If a co-worker isn't having a good day it makes it somewhat difficult to work through out the day. The most important part of the day is making sure that all expectations were met for the customer, and that all employees worked a well and safe shift.
Pros
Meeting new people, rewards, vacation days.
Cons
Short breaks, short hours, no bonuses.
Great Place
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIAugust 16, 2016
I work here for over 4 years and can not say anything bad about this company! great in every way. The pay and benefits was great. this company place its works first.
Pros
The workers and Pay
Poor work/life balance
Sr. Manager - Global Commodity Procurement (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 15, 2016
If you start out in college this maybe a good place to start... work hour is long, and office environment is poor. The company is in constant change, little continuity.
Pros
Large company, good training
Cons
Treat employee with minimum care
Work hard
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 13, 2016
Ok place to work just need to reduce overtime and mange orders better. Work hours are crazy most of the time you work 60 plus hrs a week no time to be at home with family and relax no time to enjoy life
Great place
Application Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 11, 2016
The people were great, pay was good, a lot of freedom to get your job done. management at the local level was great. A lot of travel though.
Pros
Freedom- takes lunch whenever you wanted, great benefits
Cons
I was downsized
hard work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYAugust 10, 2016
There was never anytime to spend the decent checks I earned,because I was always at work.There is no room to advance and the pain in my hands, was unbelievable.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
long, painful hours
Facility Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYAugust 8, 2016
A typical day at Johnson Controls was making sure that all of the facilities equipment was functioning properly and managing any outside vendors coming in to do repairs. Keeping the plant fully functional and management happy is key.
Great place to work and learn diffirent fields.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 3, 2016
Making phone calls, faxing and receiving documents. I learned how process PO's, read certificate of insurance for a large company. Managers and Co workers was very polite and willing to assist you. Sometimes managing the very short deadline beacuse the was so much information you need to gather to have supplier uploaded and a vendor. It challenged me to do my best.
Pros
Free lunches and employee activites
Cons
It was only a contract position
Contract position. Well planned and executed project.
Progress Developer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 1, 2016
I worked with excellent people. The Project was well planned and executed. In a project of this size, with this many people and moving parts, on an international scale, I was surprised by how smooth the whole thing came off.
job culture push you to be better, compete with other managers
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 1, 2016
very good company, management stile of big corporation, insentives to grow
provide school, training
because the proffeional atmosphere you are better, perform better, learn from your pears
Pros
a lot meetings mix with food, very educational with life samples
blinders
Lead Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Sycamore, ILJuly 31, 2016
end of the line no room to move unless you have friends that help you stuck you will be! but you learn a lot of things that will mold you for the future
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
Good place to learn about manufacturing.
PUNCH PRESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 30, 2016
I learned a lot about manufacturing and the standards, I had a lot of fun learning about different machines and what they did and how to operate them, I especially loved running the punch presses. After I left they put air conditioners in which was the best thing they ever did.
Pros
It was a good place to learn about manufacturing.
Cons
The strikes and the heat
Come to work and you will be fine
Operator (Current Employee) –  West Union, SCJuly 27, 2016
I am a current employee at the Johnson Controls West Union facility. Depending on what side of the plant you go, one side is climate controlled and the other side is not. Some jobs are easy, and others (such as the department I am in) separate the kids from the adults. As long as you come to work on time, dont call in sick all of the time or show up late or leave early, and come in ready to work, you are good to go. Management is tough on us at times, but they are good to us. hardest part is dealing with the heat. If you can get past that, you are good to go.
Pros
Very competitive pay and beneifts
Cons
Heat.
A very nice place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALJuly 27, 2016
Made parts for Honda ip. Very easy job. I loved it. Eight hour work shift. Management was good. Family oriented. fun place to work coworkers very nice and trains well .
Fast pace
Manufacturing Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJuly 26, 2016
Fast pace work environment. Co-Works are very Close knit family.The hardest part of the job was to maintain the ability to stay safe with in the work environment.
Excellent company with very strong core values
Account Executive - Energy Solutions Group (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJuly 26, 2016
Enjoyable company to work for. Tremendous product line and support staff. Great team to work with and everyone had a sense of urgency.
Pros
Fast paced international organization. Excellent benefits and support.
Cons
Constant management personnel changes and re-organizations.
materials
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJuly 21, 2016
long hours good money to be made very fast pace company with no room for error. you worked in a fast pace all day and a lot you learned depended on your hiring because anything they did it was all done by memory.
loved my job at johnson controls but due to the changes in the equipment i was forced to retire.im a short person and was unable to reach the machines
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 20, 2016
Loved my work and people . I learned how to work as a team. MY supervisor was a great person to work with. The hardest part of the job was that new equipment was to high for me as i am only 4"11. The most enjoyable part of my job getting my job done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Controls. Our community is ready to answer.