Johnson Controls

1.6K reviews

Johnson Controls Employee Reviews

cozy but a lot of meetings
Design Engineer (Former Employee), plymouth,miAugust 30, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: meetings too many
I had a lot of meetings with customers,but the new cafe is really nice and great food.
my boss and coworker are really great to work with.
Supervised two HR Supervisors and two Health and Safety Coordinators
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 27, 2015
Duties included compensation planning, recruiting,union grieviance administration and disposition conflict resolution,, training and benefits coordination. Supervised the layoff of over 300 empoloyees. This plant closed due to General Motors closure.
Enjoyed working at Johnson Controls
Senior Designer CGS & Unigraphics (Former Employee), Holland, MI.August 26, 2015
Pros: very nice co-workers
Cons: pay not so good
Was still Prince Corp when I started working here, then Johnson Controls took over.
Grate facillites, very nice people to work for, good variety of work.
Job with great hours and awesome management
O&M Security Admin Clerk (Current Employee), Greenville, TexasAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great hours! 6am-2:30pm
Cons: Advancement- No promotions/raises
I work for an Access Center that manages high security access systems for AT&T employees and contractors. A typical day for me would start at 6am and I would start by reporting any AT&T central offices or buildings where the access system is offline. Once those have been reported I start on any building system migrations/conversions/commissionings. These include moving controllers from one server to another, bringing a controller online, and testing each card to make sure they are functioning properly. My job takes a great deal of multitasking and knowledge of over 10 systems. I am constantly in and out of multiple systems at once and on the phone with technicians and supervisors. This would be the hardest part about my job. The most enjoyable would be always staying busy and getting to talk with different clients all over the US. Learning each other's backgrounds and building a network of connections. I have learned so much with this job and have been pushed to my limits and still managed to pull through and get the job done.
Easy and mind numbing
Machine Operator (Former Employee), monroe MIAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Vending machines, atm, microwaves and coolers to stroe your food in
Cons: short breaks
This job is really easy and as long as you go with their attendance you will be hired in with in a year. But they are not sensitive to having children or give you enough heads up for over time The notice could be as little as two hours before your shift ends or as late as when your shift begins.
good place to work. employes were very helpful and supportive..
HVAC/R Service Mechanic (Former Employee), upper marionAugust 25, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: dont have any
excellent place to learn. very diverse place to work. every day were new problems. pharmaceutical setting worked on everything from large air handlers to -80 freezers .
Contract Managment
O &M Service Customer Business Manger II (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Great customers
Cons: Lack of contract renewals
Team atmosphere with contract support. Allowed to manage your business but provide with back office support as need. 15yrs with JCI 3 separate contracts, National Service Manager for 2yrs and Customer Business Manager for Vertical Market for 2yrs. The most enjoyable part of the job was two fold one my Customer working at the local to executive level as well as supporting and working directly with my team for the field supervisors to the technical level
A very interesting place to work
PURE WATER SYSTEM TECHNICIAN PROCESS WATER (Former Employee), Nutley, NJAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Healthcare and Pay
Running a pure water process was a typical day at JCI. I learned how involved the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals is. The management and co-workers were nice to work with. The best part of the job was knowing we were help people in need.
productive
line tech (Former Employee), canton, msAugust 20, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
wasnt quit good with the pay but i enjoyed the people, high on numbers, not to good on the benefits, you coild grow as far as learning new things about making seats
High Stress and under staffed company
Regional Warehouse Operations Manager (Current Employee), Folsom, CAAugust 17, 2015
High stress work envirnment, highly under staffed work envirnment. I am currently taking on the responsability of four people.
very nice place to work
Senior BPM Admin (Current Employee), Hoboken, NJAugust 14, 2015
Challenging tasks and good team to work with. The main part was Migration of WPS62 to BPM856 and we have been successful in completing the migration.
Productive corporate settning
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 13, 2015
It is the largest company in the state of WI. It supplies many opportunities in an ever changing environment. It is a true corporate environment
New fun experience to achieve and keep and take with you.
Assembly Technician (Current Employee), Clanton, ALAugust 13, 2015
New experience to learn and take with you if you go somewhere else. Good job to work at and nice environment to be around. Workers are easy to get along with and management stays on top of job functions happening and newly made jobs that are provided at Johnson Controls.
Challengingplace to work something differet everyday.
Shipping Supervisor & Formation Supervisor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2015
Pros: steady work flow
Cons: constant schedule change
Objectives change from day to day Was always involved in every aspect of the company opinions are valued. Coworkers are friendly and enjoyable to work with. Schedule always changed never knew till last minute if had to work overtime or weekends.
It was a place you had to work for your money
Production Operator (Former Employee), Greenfield, OHAugust 10, 2015
It was a place that I enjoyed the people I worked with. You could work over time anytime you wanted. The pay was very good when I worked there.
Very Family oriented
Material Handler (Distribution) (Former Employee), Holland, MIAugust 9, 2015
Great place to work. Very friendly and family oriented. Could always count on them to help the employees and their families
Jonhson Controls introduced me to my skills as a manager and improved on them.
Supervisor/Material Handler (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 7, 2015
During a typical work day, I was charged with the task of managing the assembly line and ensuring all employees were safe and on task to complete projects within a timely manner.
The best place i have ever worked
O&M Specialist II-FMS (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 5, 2015
Pros: paid lunch breaks
Cons: someone has to be in control room 24 hours a day all year65
Very nice place to work , everyone is so professional , always something new to learn everyday , I really love working here .
Large MultiIndustrial Corporation
ERP Project Process (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2015
Collaborative work environment, casual business attire, relaxed environment but intense on meeting deadlines, commitments and budgets, Great team of people, creative and energetic
Johnson Controls Review
Systems Designer II (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
Not the best place to start a career maybe a great place before retirement. The company is rather great but it's Texas locations don't seem to share the same values.
Headquarters