Johnson County Community College Employee Reviews

educational place
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 27, 2017
I was working as assisted to order and maintain adequate stocks of office supplies and departmental forms in the Writing Center. I enjoyed to work in that place.
JCCC is an excellent organization
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 11, 2017
I have worked for JCCC three different times. First in the early 1990's as an assistant in the CE Computer Skills Department, second as an instructor in the same department during the late 1990's and now as an instructor training in the realm of management and leadership, again in the CE Department, starting last year.
The students and the employees of JCCC are all excellent. A wonderful workplace culture. Very positive environment. The hardest part of the job? As an instructor plan on having other revenue streams - it can be a challenge balancing working/teaching at multiple organizations - but JCCC is great about it!
Pros
As an instructor you can attend different JCCC classes - generally for free.
Cons
No cons. Wonderful workplace environment.
Students are great, administration is not.
Professor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 31, 2017
If you want a place where you feel valued for the hard work you have done, run far far away. The administration will stop at nothing to go behind your back without offering any reasons or logical explanations for decisions. They miss deadlines and don't know what's going on half of the time. They are incredibly unprofessional and do not invest in their employees growth. The only great part about the job is the teaching and the students. It's not a wonderful place to work, but sometimes just making a difference for one student can make it worth it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Administration
Absolutely the best work environment.
Professor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 10, 2017
The work environment is excellent. It is a relaxed environment that is highly efficient, supportive and allows for individual autonomy and growth. The pay and benefits are generous including free tuition for employees and their primary family members. There are many, many ongoing educational, entertainment and cultural opportunities and the campus is continually being upgraded and improved providing a very pleasant environment. Management is top notch and the work culture easy going, friendly and supportive among management and co-workers. There was nothing difficult about this job. The most enjoyable part was interacting with students and co-works.
Pros
Excellent benefits, supportive staff and student interactions, immeasurable opportunities for additional education and recreation, a proactive enviroment focused on staff and student growth and improvement.
A great place to teach
Adjunct Biology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 23, 2017
There are a lot of resources here, but it often feels like just another face in the crowd. There are a lot of adjuncts here and there was little outreach from full-time faculty or staff to help, answer questions, or even get to know the adjuncts. The people I went to for answers were helpful, but you had to seek them out. An adjunct mentoring program would have been appreciated.
Great Place to Teach
Assistant Professor, Business Office Technology (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 17, 2017
Sharing my knowledge with individuals who what to learn about the medical office and what awaits them after the college experience is a great feeling.
relaxed environment
Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 10, 2017
Learned a lot about English and the craft of writing.
Allowed to work with relative independence.
Still to hierarchical, and reproduces class room type relations between tutors and the writing center director.
Forward thinking college
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 6, 2017
This is been a good place to work. Lots of motivation to help the students, and in my area, lots of dedicated professors and administrators. It has been a very positive experience.
Good learning space. Helpful experiences at the nursing home
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT and STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 26, 2017
I have CNA classes from 8:30 am until 3:00 pm every Wednesday and Thursday from January to March 10th. Wednesdays I go to Garden Terrace Nursing home. There I learned how to take care of the elderly and their needs. A typical day for me there is waking the patients up with the nurses assistant and taking them to the bathroom and making sure they have good and clean hygiene before breakfast. After breakfast I'd take them to the bathroom again if needed, then either lay them down for a nap, involve them in an activity, or take them to their rehab/physical therapy.

Management overall was good. Everyone was on the same page when it came to taking care of the patients and everyone was willing to help out if help was needed.

The hardest part was when the patients would get upset and get a little violent and try to fight.

The most enjoyable parts were talking with them while they had their meals. Getting to know them and hearing their stories is interesting and makes me feel like I know and understand them better.
great paid internship
Videographer & Editor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 23, 2017
good program to be apart of if you want to be a videographer working in a journalism field. you will learn alot and work alot with live broadcasts systems.
Worked there shortly
Metal Fabrication Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 6, 2017
Really liked it there but, I was a student and had to leave after I graduated since it was a student only position. The pay was alright but, not good for a full time job.
Productive and fun work environment.
Access Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 15, 2016
This is the best job I have ever had. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Management is "hands off' and lets you do your job with limited supervisor.
great place to work while being able to focus on school
Work Study Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 17, 2016
-diverse atmosphere
-great opportunities
-excellent learning experience in the marketing field
-employer was understanding of the necessity of continuing education.
Pros
work within a specific field
Cons
nope
Great place to work at for part-time job seekers
Client Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 12, 2016
Great place to work at for part-time job seekers and those who like the combination of academia and professionalism. Great atmosphere and people to work with.
Enjoyable atmosphere with great coworkers
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 26, 2016
The management delegated responsibilities based on individual strengths. It made the job very enjoyable to be working on projects that cater to my skills.

There was clear communication of what was expected from me and regular, low-pressure reviews to talk about job performance. There were many opportunities to learn new skills and try new things. I loved that work was never monotonous.
Pros
Free class each semester
Cons
Limited to 20 hours per week
Enjoyed going to school
Student (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 1, 2016
Enjoyed the balance of going to school. Learning increased my self confidence and made me feel accomplished. I enjoyed working closely with the professors teaching the courses and other students in the class.
CNA program
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 8, 2015
lecture and hand on skills, clinics in nursing home, giving baths, logging paperwork, using lifts to move patients, helping with eating,
Pros
Experience in nursing
Cons
its a Kansas certificate
Productive and fun place to work
Order Entry Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 26, 2015
Very busy filled day with orders from customers who are teachers/professors putting in their orders to have a certain document or a poster printed for their class or their classroom. The hardest part of the job is when the customers couldn't find their jobs that they ordered or when their jobs came back printed the wrong way, and it was due on that day, so there was no way to fix it.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No breaks
Great place.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 8, 2015
Flexible work schedule, relaxed and professional atmosphere. Students are eager to learn. Management is very reasonable and easy to talk to. Co-workers are respectful, professional, knowledgable, and eager to help peers and students alike.
Pros
Flexible schedule, plenty of opportunities for advancement
Cons
Not to many work hours available
Great Place to Work
Spanish Language Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 16, 2015
JCCC is a great place to work. The pay schedule is good, and my superiors have been nothing but pleasant and supportive. The HR process can take a while and I encourage knocking out all the prerequisites as soon as you can, but expect to spend about 12-14 hours with that department before your first day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6