Johnson County Community College Employee Review

View all Johnson County Community College reviews

Great place to work!
English/Communications Tutor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2014
I really enjoyed my time working at JCCC. The pay was terrible, but it was just a PT fun job.

Other Johnson County Community College Employee Reviews

Great Coworkers, Great Job, Lack of Hours
Writing Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 5, 2017
Kind, smart coworkers. Flexible hours and calm environment. You need to be able to think on your feet. However, there just aren't any hours -- they don't allow tutors to go over about 15 a week. The
higher-ups and college bureaucracy interfere too much with our policies. They're currently planning to move our center to a new location even though almost everyone is opposed to the move. Overall, though, best job I've had. Just wish there were more hours and potential for raises.
Pros
Coworkers, environment
Cons
Lack of Hours, College Politics
Stable, Consistent, Stuffy at times, but Friendly and Well Meaning.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 19, 2017
PRO:
Very relaxed. Kind, predictable work. Perfect environment for an ISFJ or ISTJ on meyers briggs test. Extremely amazing benefits. Free Tuition at college, 50% paid for tuition elsewhere.

CON:
There is not enough challenge. Not very much work to go around, very little potential for growth. The overall feeling of the administration is political and rigid.
There isn't healthy competition. Raw honesty is not welcome. Lots of decisions made based mainly on job security. Not enough change. No one challenges the system to rework it.
Pros
Safe
Cons
Mind Numbing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6