Johnson County Community College Employee Reviews

Good learning space. Helpful experiences at the nursing home
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT and STUDENT (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 26, 2017
I have CNA classes from 8:30 am until 3:00 pm every Wednesday and Thursday from January to March 10th. Wednesdays I go to Garden Terrace Nursing home. There I learned how to take care of the elderly and their needs. A typical day for me there is waking the patients up with the nurses assistant and taking them to the bathroom and making sure they have good and clean hygiene before breakfast. After breakfast I'd take them to the bathroom again if needed, then either lay them down for a nap, involve them in an activity, or take them to their rehab/physical therapy.

Management overall was good. Everyone was on the same page when it came to taking care of the patients and everyone was willing to help out if help was needed.

The hardest part was when the patients would get upset and get a little violent and try to fight.

The most enjoyable parts were talking with them while they had their meals. Getting to know them and hearing their stories is interesting and makes me feel like I know and understand them better.
great paid internship
Videographer & Editor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 23, 2017
good program to be apart of if you want to be a videographer working in a journalism field. you will learn alot and work alot with live broadcasts systems.
Worked there shortly
Metal Fabrication Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 6, 2017
Really liked it there but, I was a student and had to leave after I graduated since it was a student only position. The pay was alright but, not good for a full time job.
Productive and fun work environment.
Access Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 15, 2016
This is the best job I have ever had. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Management is "hands off' and lets you do your job with limited supervisor.
great place to work while being able to focus on school
Work Study Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 17, 2016
-diverse atmosphere
-great opportunities
-excellent learning experience in the marketing field
-employer was understanding of the necessity of continuing education.
Pros
work within a specific field
Cons
nope
Great place to work at for part-time job seekers
Client Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 12, 2016
Great place to work at for part-time job seekers and those who like the combination of academia and professionalism. Great atmosphere and people to work with.
Enjoyable atmosphere with great coworkers
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 26, 2016
The management delegated responsibilities based on individual strengths. It made the job very enjoyable to be working on projects that cater to my skills.

There was clear communication of what was expected from me and regular, low-pressure reviews to talk about job performance. There were many opportunities to learn new skills and try new things. I loved that work was never monotonous.
Pros
Free class each semester
Cons
Limited to 20 hours per week
Enjoyed going to school
Student (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 1, 2016
Enjoyed the balance of going to school. Learning increased my self confidence and made me feel accomplished. I enjoyed working closely with the professors teaching the courses and other students in the class.
CNA program
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 8, 2015
lecture and hand on skills, clinics in nursing home, giving baths, logging paperwork, using lifts to move patients, helping with eating,
Pros
Experience in nursing
Cons
its a Kansas certificate
Productive and fun place to work
Order Entry Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 26, 2015
Very busy filled day with orders from customers who are teachers/professors putting in their orders to have a certain document or a poster printed for their class or their classroom. The hardest part of the job is when the customers couldn't find their jobs that they ordered or when their jobs came back printed the wrong way, and it was due on that day, so there was no way to fix it.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No breaks
Great place.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 8, 2015
Flexible work schedule, relaxed and professional atmosphere. Students are eager to learn. Management is very reasonable and easy to talk to. Co-workers are respectful, professional, knowledgable, and eager to help peers and students alike.
Pros
Flexible schedule, plenty of opportunities for advancement
Cons
Not to many work hours available
Great Place to Work
Spanish Language Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 16, 2015
JCCC is a great place to work. The pay schedule is good, and my superiors have been nothing but pleasant and supportive. The HR process can take a while and I encourage knocking out all the prerequisites as soon as you can, but expect to spend about 12-14 hours with that department before your first day.
Excellent fitness center
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 9, 2015
· Interact with students and college personnel; ensure proper use of all equipment
· Exercise prescription based on physical assessment data and fitness goals
· Update patrons’ health information on record and take blood pressure; adhere to HIPAA policy
· Follow AHA’s cardiovascular health guidelines as it applies to student activity
· Respond to injuries and emergencies as necessary; report all incidents to Director
Pros
fun environment
Cons
not many open shifts
Awesome place with awesome people to work
Food Court Senior Cashier (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 4, 2015
I worked 6 days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday, and Saturday, as a cashier. it was a awesome place to work because the benefit was good. I just worked as part time employee because i was a student at Johnson county community college. they offered me free classes and books. I did love co-workers and that was the enjoyable part of the work. I worked with people who have various background, ethnicities, and languages so I could learn various perspectives from various cultures. However, I did not like the their management style. All my boss did was eating and watching people. he did not know how to do and what to do at food court. I agree with the fact that manager is a person who can supervise his or her employee but I believe that supervisor and manager also have to know how to do and what to do about their working field.
I'm a Dinning Assistant- caterer
Dinning Assistant- Catering (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 3, 2014
A topical day at work, its usually slow, but finding other responsibilities to do during slow time it's not a problem.
I learned that working us a team it's better than working by itself.
I have learned to handle responsibilities when manager is not around.
My co-workers and me, we work us a team to accomplish company needs.
The hardest part on my job was being responsible for other cow-workers during my first month of work, but i found the solution for that.
The enjoyable part of working for this company is that catering does different events every time i have to work for them, and that is exciting and interesting for me.
office assistant
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  overland park, ksOctober 9, 2014
• Managed the receptionist area, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests for information.
• Designed electronic file systems and maintained electronic and paper files.
• Organized files, developed spreadsheets, faxed reports and scanned documents.
• Made copies, sent faxes and handled all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
• Received and distributed faxes and mail in a timely manne
Great Place
Bookstore Clerk (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 15, 2014
It is a great wonderful place to work very outgoing co workers
Favorite work place
Evening Receptionist, Mathematics Department (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 18, 2014
This was the very favorite place to work. Dealing with students was one of the favorite part of the job. Overall job was very interesting place to work.
Great place to work!
Non-Credit Instructor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 4, 2014
Great place to work! Would highly recommend! Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Everyone has the same primary goal -- providing quality education!
Strictly desk job
Accounting Assistant at Dental Clinic (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 3, 2014
Handing files, Keeping budget records, making appointments. It was nice to work on files and learn more about office works.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson County Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7