Johnson County Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work at for part-time job seekers
Client Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 12, 2016
Great place to work at for part-time job seekers and those who like the combination of academia and professionalism. Great atmosphere and people to work with.
Enjoyable atmosphere with great coworkers
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 26, 2016
The management delegated responsibilities based on individual strengths. It made the job very enjoyable to be working on projects that cater to my skills.

There was clear communication of what was expected from me and regular, low-pressure reviews to talk about job performance. There were many opportunities to learn new skills and try new things. I loved that work was never monotonous.
Pros
Free class each semester
Cons
Limited to 20 hours per week
Enjoyed going to school
Student (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 1, 2016
Enjoyed the balance of going to school. Learning increased my self confidence and made me feel accomplished. I enjoyed working closely with the professors teaching the courses and other students in the class.
CNA program
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 8, 2015
lecture and hand on skills, clinics in nursing home, giving baths, logging paperwork, using lifts to move patients, helping with eating,
Pros
Experience in nursing
Cons
its a Kansas certificate
Productive and fun place to work
Order Entry Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 26, 2015
Very busy filled day with orders from customers who are teachers/professors putting in their orders to have a certain document or a poster printed for their class or their classroom. The hardest part of the job is when the customers couldn't find their jobs that they ordered or when their jobs came back printed the wrong way, and it was due on that day, so there was no way to fix it.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No breaks
Great place.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 8, 2015
Flexible work schedule, relaxed and professional atmosphere. Students are eager to learn. Management is very reasonable and easy to talk to. Co-workers are respectful, professional, knowledgable, and eager to help peers and students alike.
Pros
Flexible schedule, plenty of opportunities for advancement
Cons
Not to many work hours available
Great Place to Work
Spanish Language Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 16, 2015
JCCC is a great place to work. The pay schedule is good, and my superiors have been nothing but pleasant and supportive. The HR process can take a while and I encourage knocking out all the prerequisites as soon as you can, but expect to spend about 12-14 hours with that department before your first day.
Excellent fitness center
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 9, 2015
· Interact with students and college personnel; ensure proper use of all equipment
· Exercise prescription based on physical assessment data and fitness goals
· Update patrons’ health information on record and take blood pressure; adhere to HIPAA policy
· Follow AHA’s cardiovascular health guidelines as it applies to student activity
· Respond to injuries and emergencies as necessary; report all incidents to Director
Pros
fun environment
Cons
not many open shifts
Awesome place with awesome people to work
Food Court Senior Cashier (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 4, 2015
I worked 6 days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday, and Saturday, as a cashier. it was a awesome place to work because the benefit was good. I just worked as part time employee because i was a student at Johnson county community college. they offered me free classes and books. I did love co-workers and that was the enjoyable part of the work. I worked with people who have various background, ethnicities, and languages so I could learn various perspectives from various cultures. However, I did not like the their management style. All my boss did was eating and watching people. he did not know how to do and what to do at food court. I agree with the fact that manager is a person who can supervise his or her employee but I believe that supervisor and manager also have to know how to do and what to do about their working field.
I'm a Dinning Assistant- caterer
Dinning Assistant- Catering (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 3, 2014
A topical day at work, its usually slow, but finding other responsibilities to do during slow time it's not a problem.
I learned that working us a team it's better than working by itself.
I have learned to handle responsibilities when manager is not around.
My co-workers and me, we work us a team to accomplish company needs.
The hardest part on my job was being responsible for other cow-workers during my first month of work, but i found the solution for that.
The enjoyable part of working for this company is that catering does different events every time i have to work for them, and that is exciting and interesting for me.
office assistant
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  overland park, ksOctober 9, 2014
• Managed the receptionist area, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests for information.
• Designed electronic file systems and maintained electronic and paper files.
• Organized files, developed spreadsheets, faxed reports and scanned documents.
• Made copies, sent faxes and handled all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
• Received and distributed faxes and mail in a timely manne
Great Place
Bookstore Clerk (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 15, 2014
It is a great wonderful place to work very outgoing co workers
Favorite work place
Evening Receptionist, Mathematics Department (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 18, 2014
This was the very favorite place to work. Dealing with students was one of the favorite part of the job. Overall job was very interesting place to work.
Great place to work!
English/Communications Tutor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2014
I really enjoyed my time working at JCCC. The pay was terrible, but it was just a PT fun job.
Great place to work!
Non-Credit Instructor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 4, 2014
Great place to work! Would highly recommend! Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Everyone has the same primary goal -- providing quality education!
An upbeat environment and professional and fun people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 9, 2014
A nice environment to work in and the group I worked with was professional and fun -
Even though it was a somewhat stressful position, I enjoyed the work.
It was a joy to work at Johnon County Community College (JCCC).
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 28, 2014
My experience at JCCC was very rewarding. I enjoyed teaching Microsoft PowerPoint to adults enrolled in the continuing education class.
Great learning experience
Testing Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 9, 2014
I started in a student paid position, then climbed the ladder to a part time permanent position. I have enjoyed every aspect of JCCC and enjoy helping the great students!
Great People
Learning and Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 31, 2014
Great organization and opportunities to work with business leaders across the region
Great environment and diverse
Arabic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 18, 2014
The diversity of the tutor room really brought things to full swing. The best part about the tutor room is that all of the tutors of different languages were in the same room with no separate areas. I liked that at any moment one of the tutors could point out similarities between all of the languages. It is like the differences in our world between different cultures. We are different in ways that are not always bad, while at the same time there are many things that everyone in this world has in common. The hardest part of the job was the availability. I was only allowed to work 15 hrs a week. If I could have been more available, I think more students would have used the tutor room much more resourcefully.
Pros
great environment, close employees and helpful management
Cons
time restrictions, little space

4.7