Johnson County Community College

Johnson County Community College Employer Reviews

I'm a Dinning Assistant- caterer
Dinning Assistant- Catering (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSDecember 3, 2014
A topical day at work, its usually slow, but finding other responsibilities to do during slow time it's not a problem.
I learned that working us a team it's better than working by itself.
I have learned to handle responsibilities when manager is not around.
My co-workers and me, we work us a team to accomplish company needs.
The hardest part on my job – more... was being responsible for other cow-workers during my first month of work, but i found the solution for that.
The enjoyable part of working for this company is that catering does different events every time i have to work for them, and that is exciting and interesting for me. – less
office assistant
Office Assistant (Current Employee), overland park, ksOctober 9, 2014
• Managed the receptionist area, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests for information.
• Designed electronic file systems and maintained electronic and paper files.
• Organized files, developed spreadsheets, faxed reports and scanned documents.
• Made copies, sent faxes and handled all incoming and outgoing – more... correspondence.
• Received and distributed faxes and mail in a timely manne – less
Favorite work place
Evening Receptionist, Mathematics Department (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 18, 2014
This was the very favorite place to work. Dealing with students was one of the favorite part of the job. Overall job was very interesting place to work.
Great place to work!
English/Communications Tutor (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2014
I really enjoyed my time working at JCCC. The pay was terrible, but it was just a PT fun job.
Great place to work!
Non-Credit Instructor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 4, 2014
Great place to work! Would highly recommend! Enjoyed working with my co-workers. Everyone has the same primary goal -- providing quality education!
Strictly desk job
Accounting Assistant at Dental Clinic (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 3, 2014
Handing files, Keeping budget records, making appointments. It was nice to work on files and learn more about office works.
An upbeat environment and professional and fun people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 9, 2014
A nice environment to work in and the group I worked with was professional and fun -
Even though it was a somewhat stressful position, I enjoyed the work.
It was a joy to work at Johnon County Community College (JCCC).
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 28, 2014
My experience at JCCC was very rewarding. I enjoyed teaching Microsoft PowerPoint to adults enrolled in the continuing education class.
Great learning experience
Testing Center Assistant (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 9, 2014
I started in a student paid position, then climbed the ladder to a part time permanent position. I have enjoyed every aspect of JCCC and enjoy helping the great students!
Great People
Learning and Development Consultant (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 31, 2014
Great organization and opportunities to work with business leaders across the region
Great environment and diverse
Arabic Tutor (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: great environment, close employees and helpful management
Cons: time restrictions, little space
The diversity of the tutor room really brought things to full swing. The best part about the tutor room is that all of the tutors of different languages were in the same room with no separate areas. I liked that at any moment one of the tutors could point out similarities between all of the languages. It is like the differences in our world between – more... different cultures. We are different in ways that are not always bad, while at the same time there are many things that everyone in this world has in common. The hardest part of the job was the availability. I was only allowed to work 15 hrs a week. If I could have been more available, I think more students would have used the tutor room much more resourcefully. – less
A great program. Career training is done by well qualified professors
Student (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great place to receive career training
Applications Word, Access, Excel, Outlook & Google skills supplement professional credentials., Straight A's
Great!
Assistant to Employment and Intern Coordinator (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSSeptember 9, 2013
Amazing place to work, great people and support! many benefits. parking, not so much.
A great atmosphere for students and professionals.
Student Activities Ambassador (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 15, 2013
A typical day included working with students to get their ID cards, answering questions about the college or proper procedures, planning events for students based on a budget allotted to the department, providing deals on tickets, and establishing relationships with outside vendors.
Excellent Company
Massage Therapy / Aromatherapy Instructor (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 12, 2013
The hardest part of this job for me was the learning curve in teaching. Once I got into the groove of public speaking and teaching, it was a breeze. I loved seeing people working to learn!
Great job!
Resource Center Aid Assistant (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJanuary 23, 2013
This was a work study position funded by Financial Aid while I was in design school. Atmosphere was very laid back and allowed me time to complete my design projects while also on the click, waiting for something else that needed to be done.
A very calm and nice place to work.
Box office Clerk (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 24, 2012
Pros: free tickets
Cons: part time
I deal with ticket sales face to face and on phone. i work with a great team of people who are very professional. i enjoy helping my customers and seeing them leave with a smile on their faces.
Great place
Counselor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSSeptember 16, 2012
Great place to work at any level. As staff you are given an opportunity to advance. As faculty, you are given the opportunity to give input.
Hit or Miss Management
Lab Monitor and Office Aide (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2012
I worked two jobs for work study. One, I had a very friendly, competent boss. The other one I found out was under management of an egotistical and immature supervisor. Overall JCCC is a great school, but each division is its on pocket of either good or bad.
Great Place to work and learn
Physics Tutor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 23, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule and great learning environment
Cons: short hours
I was a student and an employee at JCCC. On a typical day I would attend classes and spend two to three hours working as a tutor in physics in the Science Resource Center. I found interacting with the students to be fun and invigorating. My co-workers where great and the overall environment was fantastic.

About Johnson County Community College

We’re working to change lives through learning at Johnson County Community College. We serve 44,000 credit and continuing – Read more

Johnson County Community College Photos