Johnson County Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable atmosphere with great coworkers
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 26, 2016
The management delegated responsibilities based on individual strengths. It made the job very enjoyable to be working on projects that cater to my skills.

There was clear communication of what was expected from me and regular, low-pressure reviews to talk about job performance. There were many opportunities to learn new skills and try new things. I loved that work was never monotonous.
Pros
Free class each semester
Cons
Limited to 20 hours per week
Great place to work at for part-time job seekers
Client Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 12, 2016
Great place to work at for part-time job seekers and those who like the combination of academia and professionalism. Great atmosphere and people to work with.
Enjoyed going to school
Student (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 1, 2016
Enjoyed the balance of going to school. Learning increased my self confidence and made me feel accomplished. I enjoyed working closely with the professors teaching the courses and other students in the class.
CNA program
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 8, 2015
lecture and hand on skills, clinics in nursing home, giving baths, logging paperwork, using lifts to move patients, helping with eating,
Pros
Experience in nursing
Cons
its a Kansas certificate
Productive and fun place to work
Order Entry Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 26, 2015
Very busy filled day with orders from customers who are teachers/professors putting in their orders to have a certain document or a poster printed for their class or their classroom. The hardest part of the job is when the customers couldn't find their jobs that they ordered or when their jobs came back printed the wrong way, and it was due on that day, so there was no way to fix it.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No breaks
Great place.
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 8, 2015
Flexible work schedule, relaxed and professional atmosphere. Students are eager to learn. Management is very reasonable and easy to talk to. Co-workers are respectful, professional, knowledgable, and eager to help peers and students alike.
Pros
Flexible schedule, plenty of opportunities for advancement
Cons
Not to many work hours available
Excellent fitness center
Adjunct Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 9, 2015
· Interact with students and college personnel; ensure proper use of all equipment
· Exercise prescription based on physical assessment data and fitness goals
· Update patrons’ health information on record and take blood pressure; adhere to HIPAA policy
· Follow AHA’s cardiovascular health guidelines as it applies to student activity
· Respond to injuries and emergencies as necessary; report all incidents to Director
Pros
fun environment
Cons
not many open shifts
Awesome place with awesome people to work
Food Court Senior Cashier (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 4, 2015
I worked 6 days a week, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,Thursday, and Saturday, as a cashier. it was a awesome place to work because the benefit was good. I just worked as part time employee because i was a student at Johnson county community college. they offered me free classes and books. I did love co-workers and that was the enjoyable part of the work. I worked with people who have various background, ethnicities, and languages so I could learn various perspectives from various cultures. However, I did not like the their management style. All my boss did was eating and watching people. he did not know how to do and what to do at food court. I agree with the fact that manager is a person who can supervise his or her employee but I believe that supervisor and manager also have to know how to do and what to do about their working field.
Great Place to Work
Spanish Language Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 16, 2015
JCCC is a great place to work. The pay schedule is good, and my superiors have been nothing but pleasant and supportive. The HR process can take a while and I encourage knocking out all the prerequisites as soon as you can, but expect to spend about 12-14 hours with that department before your first day.
I'm a Dinning Assistant- caterer
Dinning Assistant- Catering (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 3, 2014
A topical day at work, its usually slow, but finding other responsibilities to do during slow time it's not a problem.
I learned that working us a team it's better than working by itself.
I have learned to handle responsibilities when manager is not around.
My co-workers and me, we work us a team to accomplish company needs.
The hardest part on my job was being responsible for other cow-workers during my first month of work, but i found the solution for that.
The enjoyable part of working for this company is that catering does different events every time i have to work for them, and that is exciting and interesting for me.
office assistant
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  overland park, ksOctober 9, 2014
• Managed the receptionist area, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests for information.
• Designed electronic file systems and maintained electronic and paper files.
• Organized files, developed spreadsheets, faxed reports and scanned documents.
• Made copies, sent faxes and handled all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
• Received and distributed faxes and mail in a timely manne
Great environment and diverse
Arabic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 18, 2014
The diversity of the tutor room really brought things to full swing. The best part about the tutor room is that all of the tutors of different languages were in the same room with no separate areas. I liked that at any moment one of the tutors could point out similarities between all of the languages. It is like the differences in our world between different cultures. We are different in ways that are not always bad, while at the same time there are many things that everyone in this world has in common. The hardest part of the job was the availability. I was only allowed to work 15 hrs a week. If I could have been more available, I think more students would have used the tutor room much more resourcefully.
Pros
great environment, close employees and helpful management
Cons
time restrictions, little space
Great Place to work and learn
Physics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 23, 2012
I was a student and an employee at JCCC. On a typical day I would attend classes and spend two to three hours working as a tutor in physics in the Science Resource Center. I found interacting with the students to be fun and invigorating. My co-workers where great and the overall environment was fantastic.
Pros
flexible schedule and great learning environment
Cons
short hours
A great atmosphere for students and professionals.
Student Activities Ambassador (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 15, 2013
A typical day included working with students to get their ID cards, answering questions about the college or proper procedures, planning events for students based on a budget allotted to the department, providing deals on tickets, and establishing relationships with outside vendors.
Face to Face Customer Service.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 14, 2012
My job involved helping students enroll in their semester college courses. This was a office type setting involving direct contact with students, parents and etc. When the office was not busy with students, I would work at the Bookstore, helping students order and process the correct books for those courses.
Hit or Miss Management
Lab Monitor and Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2012
I worked two jobs for work study. One, I had a very friendly, competent boss. The other one I found out was under management of an egotistical and immature supervisor. Overall JCCC is a great school, but each division is its on pocket of either good or bad.
Great job!
Resource Center Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 23, 2013
This was a work study position funded by Financial Aid while I was in design school. Atmosphere was very laid back and allowed me time to complete my design projects while also on the click, waiting for something else that needed to be done.
A very calm and nice place to work.
Box office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 24, 2012
I deal with ticket sales face to face and on phone. i work with a great team of people who are very professional. i enjoy helping my customers and seeing them leave with a smile on their faces.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
part time
Excellent Company
Massage Therapy / Aromatherapy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 12, 2013
The hardest part of this job for me was the learning curve in teaching. Once I got into the groove of public speaking and teaching, it was a breeze. I loved seeing people working to learn!
An upbeat environment and professional and fun people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 9, 2014
A nice environment to work in and the group I worked with was professional and fun -
Even though it was a somewhat stressful position, I enjoyed the work.

4.7