Johnson County

Johnson County Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Coordinator / Dispatcher (Former Employee), Franklin, INMay 29, 2015
Management is incompetent. Refused to allow employees with knowledge to use their skills to better the center. Awesome co-workers, and great time off.
Fast pace environment utilizing several skills at one time.
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Iowa City, IADecember 30, 2014
Pros: my job requires continuing education to maintain certifications and i look forward to the training.
Cons: working long hours and not being able to see my family as much.
My career as a 911 Dispatcher began in 2002 and I love the job of helping people whether it be my co-workers out on the streets of my community or the public calling me for assistance. I may have a call from a frantic child who is lost or a woman who is being assaulted to someone who is trying to escape from their house on fire. Each moment is different and no call is ever the same. I have learned to utilize my skills and abilities to handle the job well under pressure and keep those in my community safe. The hardest part of the job is trying to de-stress after a busy day at work and yet going home from a busy day at work is also gratifying as you know you were able to get everyone home safe.
Productive workplace with situational challenges daily
Customer Service I (Former Employee), Olathe, KSFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: stable m-f days, excellent benefits, equivilant pay, situationally challenged, never bored
Cons: communication breakdown, bad managment, dictator atmosphere, somewhat oppressive
Johnson County is a good place to work for, but they have administrative and management issues they need to work on. Communication with the State could also be better at times regarding integrating new programs and policies. They went through an experience gap when a large portion of their 20+ years veterans retired and now the max workforce is only 5+ years experience. That can cause a breakdown in policy and procedures being implemented incorrectly making it difficult to perform your job effectively.
Gained a strong work ethic
Certified Water Operator (Former Employee), Warrensburg MOMarch 4, 2013
Pros: the experience gained from operating heavy equipment and maintanence skills.
Cons: on call 24/7
Maintained and install of water mains and sevice lines. Also, gained management skills dealing with employees and dealing with the public.
Successful Real Estate Company
Property Services Administrator (Former Employee), KansasSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: monthly luncheons to celebrate employees birthdays
Cons: benefits not good and no employee reviews, raises or advancements
Successful real estate company servicing several clients in several states and cities.

About Johnson County

JCCC offers a variety of cultural performances, debates and guest speakers for the campus community as well as the community – Read more

Johnson County Salaries