Johnson County Employee Reviews

Fast pace environment utilizing several skills at one time.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IADecember 30, 2014
My career as a 911 Dispatcher began in 2002 and I love the job of helping people whether it be my co-workers out on the streets of my community or the public calling me for assistance. I may have a call from a frantic child who is lost or a woman who is being assaulted to someone who is trying to escape from their house on fire. Each moment is different and no call is ever the same. I have learned to utilize my skills and abilities to handle the job well under pressure and keep those in my community safe. The hardest part of the job is trying to de-stress after a busy day at work and yet going home from a busy day at work is also gratifying as you know you were able to get everyone home safe.
Pros
my job requires continuing education to maintain certifications and i look forward to the training.
Cons
working long hours and not being able to see my family as much.
Productive workplace with situational challenges daily
Customer Service I (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 10, 2014
Johnson County is a good place to work for, but they have administrative and management issues they need to work on. Communication with the State could also be better at times regarding integrating new programs and policies. They went through an experience gap when a large portion of their 20+ years veterans retired and now the max workforce is only 5+ years experience. That can cause a breakdown in policy and procedures being implemented incorrectly making it difficult to perform your job effectively.
Pros
stable m-f days, excellent benefits, equivilant pay, situationally challenged, never bored
Cons
communication breakdown, bad managment, dictator atmosphere, somewhat oppressive
Very high energy work place
Contractor License (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 23, 2015
* Constant customer service, via front counter, email or phone
* Something different every day
* Multi-task
* Stressful time deadlines
* Small office with heavey work load
* Need to stay current on code issues
Pros
Helping customers to obtain work to provide for their famlies
Cons
Heavey load during renewal season
A good place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  KansasOctober 16, 2015
Working in this field has really bolstered my patience and respect for others. When I go to work on a typical day, I know my job functions and what I am expected of as a team member. My job requires that I perform the job with due diligence with no supervision.
Government Position
Grant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 2, 2015
It is a government position that has ups and downs. I was not a good fit for my department. If you know how to fit and go with the flow this is your job. If you are good and stand out you will not work survive.
Pros
stable
Cons
not a good place to work
Gained a strong work ethic
Certified Water Operator (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg MOMarch 4, 2013
Maintained and install of water mains and sevice lines. Also, gained management skills dealing with employees and dealing with the public.
Pros
the experience gained from operating heavy equipment and maintanence skills.
Cons
on call 24/7
Successful Real Estate Company
Property Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  KansasSeptember 23, 2012
Successful real estate company servicing several clients in several states and cities.
Pros
monthly luncheons to celebrate employees birthdays
Cons
benefits not good and no employee reviews, raises or advancements
Fast Paced
Coordinator / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INMay 29, 2015
Management is incompetent. Refused to allow employees with knowledge to use their skills to better the center. Awesome co-workers, and great time off.