Johnson Electric Employee Reviews

Very Unstable Company
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNMay 9, 2017
Owned by China and new plant built in Mexico and slowly then faster layoffs as Mexico came on board and manufacturing lines started moving. Skeleton staff and 2 lines left. Headquarters moved from Tennessee to Ohio and new lab got moved to Michigan.
Pros
Very diverse
Cons
Movement to Mexico; management
Very diverse/multi-cultural company.
Tool Room Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHApril 30, 2017
JE is a company on the move. They operate in some 25 countries across the world. It is broken up into two business units: IPG and APG. The opportunities at JE range from operator level, very basic, up to VP dependent on personal career choices. Employees have the opportunity to collaborate with various diverse cultures and languages. Along with that, the challenging aspects can be clear/concise communication with these other regions. It's very easy to misunderstand each other and go the wrong direction. The greatest part of the job is exercising your strengths and abilities to assist in company growth. Participation in continuous improvement is highly encouraged and expected.
Pros
Working hours are very manageable.
Cons
Employee turnover. Getting familiar with new folks continually.
Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMarch 26, 2017
I do not desire to provide input for confidentiality reasons. I appreciate to be contacted if more input is needed. For confidentiality I wish to not provide.
Productive, well organized, cares about employees
Designer (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJanuary 29, 2017
Nice place to work. Great boss to work for.
Learned how to NC program for HAAS Mill.
Plenty of work available.
Worked on product design and manufacturing line tooling.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Driving distance from home
A GREAT place to work with GREAT people.
Plant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNJanuary 12, 2017
My day: Assisting guests and contractors with various needs. Assisting HR and office personnel with whatever was needed to help them succeed, product purchasing,catering meetings, assisting Plant Manager with special projects and events.

I learned the corporate world is entirely different than small time businesses.

From the Plant Manager and office staff to all of the employees on the plant floor - fantastic group of people to work with. The little amount of time spent with Corporate personnel was very comfortable.

The hardest part of my job was being sure I was one step ahead of what was needed and accepting the fact that if I wasn't - that was okay.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being with family away from my family. Truly enjoyed my work and the people I worked with.
Pros
The people I worked with. Best ice in town. Managed, not micro-managed.
Cons
Right now I can't think of any...........
previous Owner/Operator
Owner (Journeyman Residential Electrician) (Former Employee) –  St Joseph MoDecember 5, 2016
I owned the company a few years ago. The company was discontinued due to family priorities. The company is no longer in business because I got another job.
Relaxed atmosphere - plenty of time to get work done.
MAINTENANCE/R&D TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 30, 2016
Had many opportunities to learn various types of PLC software/controls. Time dedicated to trainings. We had the freedom to modify PLC programming to achieve maximum efficiency with our testing equipment.
Pros
Opportunity to try out different programming software
good pay and benefits
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHOctober 10, 2016
the pay for my position is less than desired but the benefits made up where the pay is lacking do not see much advancement potential there because of internal politics
productive and fast paced work environment
CNC Operator/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHOctober 10, 2016
I am glad to have worked at Johnson Electric. They provided the training I needed to advance in job placement and I gained the experience of working independently with minimal supervision.
Buyer /MRO/Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNSeptember 12, 2016
Johnson Electric is a global company. It has many different areas it works in. The Springfield location is automotive. The plant manager is an open minded and hard working person. She tries to make it fun and relaxed placed. It is in a very competitive field so the stress level is high for office and management. It constantly achieves it's budget set by corporate. There are programs for improvement in place that awards paybacks to employees. The benefit package is good but is changing as others are too.
Pros
Good people, family atmosphere, good pay
Cons
Corporate intervention, high stress levels
Production
Line Assembler (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at Johnson, is a day set with goals. Must be able to get to your line on time and work as a team to hit those goals. Iv learned a lot at Johnson, far as working in a factory environment. Safety and working well with others will get you far at Johnson, as long as your making your goals. My co-workers are fun to work with, i pretty much get along with other no problem. The hardest part of my job is the repetitive work motion of the job. And your on your feet for ten hours straight, But its not terrible. The most enjoyable part is working with my hands and working with others.
Pros
people and Lunch breaks
Cons
short breaks
Simple labor job with four work days per week
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAJuly 26, 2016
Small company with room to expand. Decent starting and progressive wages. Simple low voltage systems work, Monday through Thursday 10 hour days.
My favorite job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, TNJuly 25, 2016
The pay is great and the atmosphere is amazing. The people are beyond friendly and very welcoming when you start.
Productive, Diverse
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJune 28, 2016
Johnson Electric is a fun place to work. Great to work with people of all walks of life, nationalities and cultural diversities. Have made life long friends and colleagues.
Cultural Bonanza
Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMarch 7, 2016
60-hour work week was the norm.
Global
Very exciting
GREAT part of my career
Learned a great deal
Fast, fast pace
IT circa 1971
Fast Paced Environment
Regional Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 15, 2016
This job required that I give my best every day. I traveled a lot and worked every day of the week including weekends, holidays, and vacation.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Required intense committment
A company who treated their employees with respect and dignity
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 28, 2016
The day would start with producing a few parts for testing before producing a mass quantity. I learned how to solder and operate a solder bath. I also learned how to operate a 12 head copper coil winder. Management were employees who were knowledgeable of the work we did and times would work with us to complete our task. My co-workers worked well with others to achieve our common goal of reaching quota for the shift. The hardest part of the job was reaching the daily quota especially when we ran into issues with the machines if they weren't working properly. The most enjoyable part was being able to work in groups and being able to socialize while completing the task.
assembly line
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  vandalia, ohioOctober 15, 2015
Very repetitive assembly line work. High expectations and hourly. I really enjoyed the job till new management took over and they just do not care about their employees at all even though they say that they do.
Pros
vacation time, paid holidays
Cons
low pay, management is terrible
Productive and good benefits
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHSeptember 5, 2015
The hardest part of the job,was lifting heavy parts, learned to assemble products.Co-workers for the most part was okay. The hardest part was not knowing where you would be,when you went end.Staying busy and learning new jobs.
Pros
A lot of nice people to work with.
Welcome to my world
Tooling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJuly 29, 2015
That is a phrase used by management when employees raise concerns about multiple job assignments not getting done.
Most of the talented people, especially in the tooling and engineering departments, are asked to perform duties and solve problems that are above and beyond their normal job functions. It is almost impossible to juggle the number of tasks that less knowledgeable managers assign.
Vacation benefits are good, until and unless the company starts whittling away at them to save money. Insurance is OK. A 401k program is available.
It's too bad that management is so obsessed with putting on a dog-and-pony show for the Chinese owners. If they focused on getting things done in an efficient manner, and supporting their best employees instead of chiding them for unfinished assignments, JE would feel less like a pressure cooker about to blow.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Stress and more stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Johnson Electric. Our community is ready to answer.