Johnson Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
johnson memorial hospital
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INAugust 11, 2017
Its a good hospital to work at, small hospital feel, plenty of time with patients. Most everyone is kind willing to help. Patients can be difficult, new computer system is difficult.
Stressful and outdated environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  franklin inAugust 6, 2017
The department i am in is a very difficult area. There is no modern means to do your job in a timely manner. I have been there over a year and a half and have not to this day had training. Director is extremely hateful at times, when asking questions you are asked if you have read the policy regarding the question, the policy gets changed and no one is aware of it until the director gets angry. This is the hardest part of the job. There is absolutely no communication on situations that arise. Since I have started i have been told repeatedly to babysit accounts when management is supposed to be handling them at this point. I have never worked anywhere that expected so much but refuses to give you 40 hours to complete the work, nor have i ever had management/director talk to me in such a hateful manner. Extremely rude and makes the work environment extremely negative.
Pros
descent benefits
Cons
very negative work environment and stressful
fellow staff feel like family
Critical Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTJune 12, 2017
With your fellow staff feeling like family, it is usually very easy to get along and complete tasks without too much difficulty. the opposite side of that however, we can sometimes be at odds but that does not change how we give our patient care. The ER is consistently one of the top around and we attribute that to our ability to be empathetic to whatever comes through our doors.
Pros
higher level management asks how we are doing
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Great coworkers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INJune 11, 2017
I worked with amazing people but unfortunately the office manager only cared about money...Patient's health is the purpose of working in the medical field
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Un caring management
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTMay 13, 2017
Working in the morning is not that bad, a lot to do in the morning with unit dose and ivs. Mixing IVs is very relaxing when you are in the IV room. Pharmacists are very helpful with all of the different orders
Fair compensation
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INMay 8, 2017
Fair compensation, education based, stressful at times, room for advancement.
High turnover of bedside staff. Good access to senior leadership.
Good growth potential
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
High turn over
Great workplace where you can help make a difference in people's lives
Mental Health Worker, Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Stafford, CTMay 1, 2017
Johnson Memorial Hospital is a great place to work. In the unit I am employed in I can help make a difference in people's lives and i really enjoy it.
Getting blood results for OB, ER. For the doctors.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INApril 27, 2017
The job is a fast paced. You find yourself working by yourself with no help, attention to detail is a must. Staffing is very minimum. You will find yourself working all holidays .
Pros
Wow bucks
Cons
Health care
Challenging and evolving.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTApril 4, 2017
Recently merged with Trinity Health Systems and is maintaining status as an above the standard Community hospital.Partnership is comfortable with Saint Francis Medical Center.
Johnson Memorial Hospital has a warm and friendly environment with a culture of "Safety First"
The most enjoyable part of the job was being a member of a dynamic management team..
Pros
Great personilized patient care.
Family like workplace
Nursing Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INMarch 31, 2017
Workplace was family like but no room for advancement or job security as they cut positions. I was with the company for 13 years and played many rolls when I left my position was eliminated and split between 7 people who were already maxed out.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Job stability
Not a relaxed environment
Biller (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 26, 2016
While receiving minimal pay, my job duties were enormous. I was also given a tremendous work load which was expected to be completed each and every month without fail. There was no overtime to complete the work.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
stressful environment
My First ICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, NCDecember 7, 2016
I have very fond memories of Johnson Memorial Hospital and North Carolina. Colleagues were like family. Very supportive during my initiation to the ICU setting. Some of the most professional people and impressive Docs that I have had the privilege of working with in my career. Only good things to say about that hospital.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Franklin, INDecember 5, 2016
Loves this job a wonderful place to work I knew how to clean all areas but I had my fav places and dab people it was a lot of fun
Pros
Loved it all even the work
Cons
Noth really
Johnson Memorial Hospital was a great place to work with wonderful people who cared.
Manager IT (Former Employee) –  Information TechnologySeptember 27, 2016
Many changes have happened in the last few years with all of the changes in heath care. Johnson Memorial was purchased by SFC/Trinity Health New England and many positions and departments have been eliminated or combined with departments at the larger sites.

The campus is beautiful and the people are wonderful.

Every day is a new adventure legacy systems are running on old platforms and need a lot of intervention. A typical day could be one where the network was down for hours.
I have learned to be flexible, persistent
Will stay busy you need to work smarter not harder
SECRETARY MEDICAL IMAGING (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INNovember 16, 2015
Provide excellent customer service, superior teamwork, while maintaining the highest level of compliance for Federal, state, city, and company requirements. In a small town atmosphere.
Pros
Taking care of people who are ill and need help
Cons
Working around people who are sick and you can get sick too
Great company culture
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INMarch 31, 2015
I like working at JMH because the culture of the company creates a friendly work environment. The work/life balance is also nice.
I loved working on a medical surgical unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stafford, CTMarch 30, 2015
The opportunities are endless to learn on this type of floor, I was extremely saddened and disappointed to leave but the hours were not a fit for my schedule. A great, small hospital.
Good experience
Nurse's Aide (Former Employee) –  Stafford, CTJanuary 5, 2015
The scheduling was fair and work load was manageable. The staff was friendly and caring.
Excellent employees to work along side
Critical Care Technician / Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Stafford Springs, CTJanuary 2, 2015
An excellent and enjoyable company to work with. I have learned and excelled my medical knowledge do to the enjoyable experience I shared with my co-workers.
Pros
Fabulous and helpful co-workers
Cons
Short staffed and many long hours with no room for breaks
work
Coding Technician (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INAugust 19, 2014
A typical work day consists of coding all different kinds of charts all day long. I also audit charts as I go along by crediting charges as warranted by the documentation. I code Radiology, Laboratory, Emergency room visits, Wound, Oncology, Therapy, Surgery, Maternity, Outpatient beds, Inpatient charts, Pain care and have picked up a pretty good skill set working for Johnson. I work well with my co-workers and we are all on the same team and work toward a common goal. The hardest part of my job is the constant changes in the coding, but that is also what makes the job interesting and keeps me on my toes. The most enjoyable part of my job would be knowing that I am doing a great service for the patient by coding their chart correctly.