Johnson Screens, a leading designer/manufacturer of Vee Wire(tm) Screen products for filtration systems, is looking for a Benefits Specialist. This position will be based in New Brighton, MN.
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for the administration and communication of employee benefit programs for multiple locations, as well as compliance with regulatory obligations. Provides technical support to employees and educates employees on benefit-related issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administration of all employee benefit programs (including integrity of benefit records for medical/ dental/ vision plans, STD, LTD, 401K, etc.) Including enrollment of new hires.
- Act as liaison with all benefit vendors to insure comprehensive coverage for all employees on a national basis.
- Develop open enrollment materials and roll out open enrollment on an annual basis.
- Develop benefits communications information to insure employees are up-to-date with benefits options.
- Audit all invoices from our benefit vendors, make adjustments and submit for payment.
- When applicable, place specific benefit out to bid, balancing quality/ cost considerations.
- Act as a resource/ advocate to all employees regarding claims problem resolution, benefits explanations and EOB issues.
- Research current benefit trends to insure that our benefits package is competitive in the marketplace.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on federal and state legislation that could impact our benefits package.
- Develop strategies to ensure beneficial health and wellness activities.
- Coordinate with Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to drive ways to increase utilization of this benefit.
- Oversee all 401K activities, including the education component and evaluating ways to increase utilization.
- Interact with payroll to insure benefit premiums are accurately deducted (especially new hires and those changes that occur mid benefit year).
- Other generalist HR duties to include producing policies and procedures, writing job descriptions, and occasional recruiting responsibilities.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Bachelor's degree with an HR emphasis and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in benefits administration, including self insured plans.
- CBP, CEBS, CCP certification a plus. PHR desirable.
- Strong functional expertise in benefit program design and administration.
- Strong software skills to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and HRIS systems.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills; ability to make group presentations.
- Knowledge of government regulations to include COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA, ADA.
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience interfacing with a payroll provider, preferably ADP.
Johnson Screens is a division of Weatherford International and offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
Indeed - 12 months ago